Covid-19 News

• British Health Secretary Matt Hancock has said the new COVID-19 variant identified in South Africa is a bigger risk than the highly infectious UK variant.

Certainly the main reason is that the Pfitzer vaccine no longer fully covers it....

Had the pandemic not happened, I would have spent much of 2020 abroad, setting up studies of influenza, Zika and dengue.

All these virus can be treated by Ivermectin. In fact Zikka has been brought down with it. See also Manaus CoV-19 studies among Zikka treated patients!

• Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga said on Monday that he was considering declaring a state of emergency in the greater Tokyo area over a “very severe” third wave of COVID-19 infections,

The governor of Tokyo and the mayors of the surrounding suburban districts put pressure Suga and the federal government to do this. They went ahead and did what they could on their own authority.

The state of emergency the government can declare is not really an emergency by European standards. It is more of a polite request, with no teeth. There are no penalties as far as I know. Many people ignore it. The same thing happens when they tell people to go to shelters to avoid a hurricane. Many people ignore them.

• Official Post

Ivermectin has arrived in the Mainstream

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Did you find any links, reports or publications for that?

I linked a German reference from FAZ that did show that the "fast" UK virus is known since November and not really fast at all.

The South Africa virus change is very similar and changes the ACE-2 lock region - so the key region of the antibody target. The assumption so far was that this region would not change at all.

So as there is no other reason for tighter control and from the fact that we see some panic actions like single dose vaccination (against the rules!) to get rid of the vaccine stock, we can strongly deduce why this is the basic reason.

For hard facts we have to wait some weeks (months) until enough Germans/British folks got the vaccine (and CoV-19) as there the virus is broadly spreading.

But I do not expect a large drop in efficiency. But even 10-15% will shut the market if moderna is better! I personally would opt for the Astra Zeneca vaccine!

• I posted the following on another forum .... (formatting is funny here ... it tried to make it CODE ]

Viral targets for vaccines against COVID-19 [ 12/20/20]

<https://www.nature.com/articles/s41577-020-00480-0>

[ My summary :

There are 4 proteins S,M,E,N which are good candidates

Plus 25 other proteins which are probably not

S is used by Pfizer and Moderna .. and has subfragments S1,S2

Pfizer and Moderna use the whole S protein.

The annotation in Table 1 indicates that they do use the same variant:

"Full-length S with two proline substitutions (K986P and V987P)

BUT they are both listed under a fragment labelled "S-2P"

The three main classes of trials under way use "Whole virus", S-2P or RBD

]

[ My comments : (on the other site ... relating to Pfizer then Moderna 2nd dose etc

Increases the probability that Pfizer then Moderna might work

But taking Pfizer and then something else is confusing --

Might give less protection (because no-booster lets it decay)

or more protection (because two proteins are being attacked

]

On the ZA variant -- since Pfizer and Moderna seem to use the exact same target, I'd expect them to perform equally on new variants. Whole-virus vaccines probably have other targets, so they might have a better chance.

• It is ridiculous and clearly off label use to decide for such a new drug to use one vaccination only or give the second shot months later, since the successfully completed study for approval prescribes two vaccinations within 2...3 weeks. Nothing else has been proven and is simply playing dangerous games with patients...what a time... :(

• It is ridiculous and clearly off label use to decide for such a new drug to use one vaccination only or give the second shot months later, since the successfully completed study for approval prescribes two vaccinations within 2...3 weeks.

That does seem like a bad idea to me. But the issue is confused because different plans have been mixed up in mass media, and possibly by the experts themselves. They are:

1. This plan, to give the booster months later.
    2. The opposite, to hold back half the supplies of the vaccine now in hand so that in 3 weeks there will be a second dose. I prefer plan 3:
    3. Use all current stocks and assume that production and distribution will increase so that in 3 weeks enough for a second dose will be available. In the worst case, it will not be available, and new patients will have to wait.
    4. Give a partial dose at first, and a full dose in 3 weeks. This may actually work better with one of the vaccines. I cannot judge if it is a good idea.
    5. Give one vaccine type now, and another type in 3 weeks, if that is the only thing available. The UK government wants to do this, but experts there say it is a bad idea.

See:

As the vaccine rollout falters, scientists debate new tactics.

"As governments around the world rush to vaccinate their citizens, scientists and policymakers are locked in a heated debate over a surprising question: Is it wisest to hold back the second doses everyone will need, or to give as many people as possible an inoculation now — and push back the second doses?

Since even the first shot appears to provide some protection, some experts believe that the shortest route to containing the virus is to disseminate the initial injections as widely as possible now. . . ."

• Anyway...requires a new or extended approval by the authorities, in cooperation with the manufactures. Anything else is off-label and in conflict with the currently approved vaccines. I would vote for a fast-track re-approval of such plans. All studies so far had clear conditions and endpoints for the 95% success rate....

See:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/0…ers-covid-protection.html

einen vollen Schutz zu erreichen.

• Anything else is off-label and in conflict with the currently approved vaccines.

However, doctors in the US are free to use drugs in off-label ways without approval. The FDA frowns on it, but they can. I don't know about other countries.

I think it would be better to do a study as quickly as possible before implementing plans 1, 4 or 5. Plans 2 and 3 are logistics, not medicine. They would follow the present recommended protocols.

Plan 3 -- assume there will be an expanded supply in 3 weeks -- is similar to what is done in wars or emergencies such as hurricane relief.

• Signs of desperation in the UK with the decision to drop the second injection after 3 weeks.

However, perhaps it makes sense to give double the number of people one shot rather than two shots to half the number.

But discussions about giving the first shot with one vaccine (e.g. Pfizer) and the second shot with another (e.g. Oxford/AstraZeneca) seem wildly removed from the initial trials.

Perhaps we are all just in one big trial.

Meanwhile the vaccine rollout in the UK is starting to look like the expensive track and trace fiasco.

Where I live an APB was put out to surrounding health service providers on Thursday, with a couple of hours notice, to turn up for a vaccination. The queue stretched out across the car park and it was a bit chaotic. The rumour was that the local Pfizer vaccine supply had to be used before the New Year break or not used at all, hence the last minute APB. So a bit chaotic.

Also the NHS are supposed to be recruiting an army of volunteers such as clinical trainees, dentists etc to speed up vaccinations but I have heard several stories that there is a large amount of red tape including many forms and courses on protecting vulnerable individuals and anti-terrorism. Now everyone associated with the NHS has to do such courses to one level or another, but it seems unnecessary just for jabbing hundreds of people that you only meet for one minute each. The secretary of state has now said that such red tape will be cut, but should they not have been thinking of this weeks ago??? Boris and his people REALLY NEED TO GET THIS RIGHT.

And just this minute Boris has announced the first national lockdown of 2021.

• Remember that a 30% efficacy was defined as a success. 95% was mind-boggling.
    I don't even know if a reduced-dose trial is even ethical now.
    An insider* told me that the race is usually over when the first candidate comes in.
    Moderna really only got a shot at second because of the ultra-cold requirement of Pfizer.

*on the team for one of the proposed vaccines ... but he's not allowed to say which.

• The Corruption of Science

Bruce A. Chabner

A view from a small fish in the pond...something rotten in the water

"To counteract this corruption of science, it is vital that the scientific community speak with one voice to protest. The directors of government agencies such as the CDC and FDA must not succumb to the inappropriate pressure and political motivations of the administration and, if necessary, should resign rather than collaborate in misguided policies and messaging. Furthermore, our academies and national organizations must speak out to defend the sanctity of science and protect the health of our nation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7648364/

Yes, yes, the CDC and FDA represent places where the "sanctity of science" is upheld. Why, if it weren't for the vile White House and it's corrupting influence on the purity and effectiveness of their science, there wouldn't be a problem!

Thank goodness for the coincidental timing of that messaging, shortly before the presidential election.

Hunter who?

• Official Post

England is to enter another national Covid-19 lockdown from tonight, which will remain in place for more than a month, the Prime Minister has announced.

In effect, the country will return to the first lockdown in March - with people only allowed to leave their house for essential reasons and the majority of schools closed.

The restrictions are expected to last until at least February 15.

Boris Johnson outlined the strengthened restrictions in a televised address to the nation on Monday, amid warnings the NHS could be overwhelmed within three weeks if action was not taken.

It comes as the number of Covid patients in hospital in England rose to nearly 27,000 - a figure 40% higher than the peak level in April.

On December 29 "more than 80,000 people tested positive for Covid across the UK", the number of deaths is up by 20% over the last week "and will sadly rise further," the PM warned.

The surging number of cases is down to a new variant of the Covid - which is 50% to 70% more transmissible - and was spreading in a "frustrating and alarming" manner, Mr Johnson said.

He added: "I know how tough this is, and I know how frustrated you are and I know you have had more than enough of government guidance about defeating this virus, but now, more than ever, we must pull together."

Mr Johnson said that the weeks ahead would be the "hardest yet" but added that he believed the country was entering "the last phase of the struggle".

'Stay at home' order returns:

Like the first lockdown in March, the stay at home order will return with limited exceptions including essential shopping, fleeing violence, care giving, and medical appointments.

Mr Johnson said: "You may only leave home for limited reasons permitted in law, such as to shop for essentials, to work if you absolutely cannot work from home, to exercise, to seek medical assistance such as getting a Covid test, or to escape domestic abuse."

Workers will once again be expected to work from home unless they are unable to do so, for example those working in construction workers or key workers.

Exercise outside the home is permitted, but the government has urged this is done ideally just once a day and that people stay local to their home.

People can only meet with one other person from outside their household if it is for exercise purposes.

As in March, police will have legal power to enforce the rules - including the threat of fines and dispersal orders.

School set to close:

In a U-turn on the government's plan for a staggered reopening of schools and colleges with mass testing, schools will not open and online learning will return for the majority.

Schools and colleges will be closed except for key worker children and vulnerable children while nurseries, special school and alternative provision can remain open.

BTEC exams scheduled to happen in the next few days will continue as planned, but the future of this year's GCSE and A Level exams remains unclear.

In his address, Mr Johnson warned it would "not be possible or fair for all exams to go ahead as planned this summer".

The rules around childcare support bubbles will stay as they are.

University students will be expected to stay at home and not return to campus until at least the middle of February.

What will close?

As in the first lockdown, all non essential retail, hospitality and personal care must close - including gyms and leisure facilities.

Delivery and takeaways will still be allowed, but only for food - pubs will not be allowed to serve takeaway alcohol.

Ministers said this new restriction was down to concerns about a lack of social distancing around pick up points for takeaway alcohol.

• sorry to hear that alan, I wouldn't be surprised if the US joins you just after the 20th.

Early intervention is needed immediately, the death rate among ages 13- 20 are climbing as the second wave, just as in 1918, seems to be doing. The vaccine is not going to save the already infected, we know at least 2% are going to die without early treatment but all the money goes to vaccine and now distribution. We deserve better !!!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• but all the money goes to vaccine and now distribution.

No, it isn't. Most of the money is going to treatment. That is, hospital care. A great deal of money is going to frantic searches for treatment for people already sick, and for "long-haul" patients.

It is far cheaper to vaccinate against a disease than it is to deal with an infection. Many orders of magnitude cheaper. Even if the patient does not go to the doctor, the infection still costs a lot from lost work hours. So, it makes sense to make vaccination the focus, and to invest as much as needed to expedite vaccinations. It costs practically nothing to vaccinate someone. A nurse can vaccinate hundreds of people a day, whereas a nurse can only take care of a few sick people.

Vast amounts of money are going to sustain people who have lost their jobs. With enough vaccinations the economy will recover and we will not need this emergency spending.

• Remember that a 30% efficacy was defined as a success. 95% was mind-boggling.
    I don't even know if a reduced-dose trial is even ethical now.

The only reason to stop after one dose of vaccination is the intentional spoil of the statistics. After such a random 1 or 2 shot vaccination it is no longer possible to say whether the vaccine did fail or just only did protect you for 70%. This is a highly criminal act to make long term high profits from vaccine selling possible, without any risk from new variations of the CoV-19 virus.

On December 29 "more than 80,000 people tested positive for Covid across the UK", the number of deaths is up by 20% over the last week "and will sadly rise further," the PM warned.

You can ask Boris and his mafia friends why the administration is going on with killing British people by not even distributing high dose V-D3 + Zinc! (What also would stop the simple flu!)

No, it isn't. Most of the money is going to treatment. That is, hospital care.

No JED. The money is wasted for useless treatments 20$ would be enough to save & treat most people with the Ivermectin combo. Instead most hospitals are going to pillage the US population and even kill the own personal just for feeding some fat assholes that own/control most of big pharma.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.