Covid-19 News

• A patient in Atlanta reports she was treated with remdesivir and dexamethasone. See:

https://www.ajc.com/news/atlan…YRHBA7TBBMPDSPT6DSEYXVKI/

At about 10 p.m., the doctor came into the room to give me some results. I didn’t have a blood clot. But they wanted to admit me to the hospital. My oxygen levels were low enough to qualify me for treatment with remdesivir, a drug given only when patients meet certain criteria. They immediately gave me injections of blood thinners to decrease my risk of blood clots. And they put me on a very high dose steroid, dexamethasone, given to reduce the inflammation in my lungs.

• A patient in Atlanta reports she was treated with remdesivir and dexamethasone. See:

https://www.ajc.com/news/atlan…YRHBA7TBBMPDSPT6DSEYXVKI/

On the 11th day, my oxygen dipped to the 80s, which scared the heck out of me. My husband — who also ended up getting COVID-19 but had a milder case — dropped me off at the ER entrance ... They immediately took blood, ordered labs and checked my vitals. They told me my blood was three times thicker than it was supposed to be ... They put me on supplemental oxygen to try to get the levels in my blood up. ...They immediately gave me injections of blood thinners to decrease my risk of blood clots. And they put me on a very high dose steroid, dexamethasone, given to reduce the inflammation in my lungs...After three very long days and nights in the hospital, my oxygen levels were back to near normal. I was so excited to leave that hospital.

The treatment she received was probably critical to the quick recovery of her blood oxygen, so that's good.

What's not so good is she repeatedly blames herself getting Covid on not wearing a mask! This is an indication that she listens exclusively to main stream media.

I didn’t eat inside restaurants. I washed my hands and sanitized constantly. I masked up almost all the time. But almost isn’t good enough.

I took a risk and chose to work out without a mask with a friend inside her apartment for about 40 minutes. If only I could go back and make a different decision that day. Why didn’t I wear a darn mask? ... Even though I had read so much about the virus, I still made the decision to work out without a mask on. What a stupid decision.

To be very generous, a mask would have reduced the number of virions coming into her airways by 50%. But in the 40 minutes she was at her friend's apartment working out, her friend probably breathed out over a million virus particles. Translated : breathing in 200,000 vs 100,000 virus particles isn't going to make much of a difference ; she would have got sick with or without a mask.

If she wants to blame anything, it should be that she went to her friends apartment in the first place and did a workout for 40 minutes. But strangely, no, it's just that she didn't put on a mask! Or perhaps the Atlanta paper chose to edit out her regret of going to her friend's apartment to exercise, in order to focus on masks. Either way it's just ... wrong.

• The whole narrative is toxic. The idea that living a normal life is problematic is comical. Why didnt this lady get one of many drugs that could help her in the week while she was an outpatient? Did she have immune comprimising conditions? (including diabetes or flu vax)

There are courts in New York state that are having to force physicians to prescribe Ivermectin. This is criminal.

• The whole narrative is toxic. The idea that living a normal life is problematic is comical. Why didnt this lady get one of many drugs that could help her in the week while she was an outpatient? Did she have immune comprimising conditions? (including diabetes or flu vax)

There are courts in New York state that are having to force physicians to prescribe Ivermectin. This is criminal.

The lady reportedly had a clean bill of heath just two weeks before coming down with Covid-19, so no obvious pre conditions.

You know things are wacko when lawyers are the heroes defending us against the medical establishment!

• There are courts in New York state that are having to force physicians to prescribe Ivermectin. This is criminal.

Don't worry ..the WHO is in a hurry to research/approve ;) Ivermectin at the earliest

maybe in the next couple of weeks will begin

an expidited .. but an i n c r e d i b l y comprehesive (with emphasis) review.. TM 0.53

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• the WHO is in a hurry to research/approve

Hopefully the WHO will ignore Merck 's 'incrediby uncomprehensive review..and not follow the money.

"Finally, a ‘solution’ was found: US pharmaceutical company Merck – one of the manufacturers of patent-free Ivermectin –

has just published a statement simply claiming, without evidence, that their (unpublished) “analysis” had identified

“no scientific basis for a potential therapeutic effect against COVID-19 from pre-clinical studies;

no meaningful evidence for clinical activity or clinical efficacy in patients with COVID-19 disease;

and a concerning lack of safety data in the majority of studies.”

An NIH operative{Matt Hall} quickly retweeted the Merck statement, adding:

“Merck’s statement on ivermectin is the leadership and commitment to quality translational science that we need to see from pharma/biotech.”

In reality, Merck’s claim is completely baseless and also ironic: after having safely sold ivermectin for several decades,

Merck now suddenly questions its safety.

Interestingly, Merck recently signed a $356 million deal to supply the US with a much more expensive, newly developed experimental anti-covid drug."

https://swprs.org/fight-against-ivermectin-begins/

• Official Post

Not really about Covid19,

An article in french about Katalin Kariko and how innovation happens

https://philippesilberzahn.com…nnovation-pour-la-france/

here as google english

https://translate.google.com/t…linknote=Katalin%20Kariko

Very interesting for LENR

• First lesson: It's not the idea that counts, but its acceptance
    • Lesson Two: Provide Multiple Pathways to Success
    • Third lesson: be aware of the limits of large programs
    • Fourth lesson: the incredible power of human intelligence.
    • Fifth lesson: Questioning French mental models

maybe it would deserve to be put in a separate thread... Up to the mod if they feel

• Interestingly, Merck recently signed a $356 million deal to supply the US with a much more expensive, newly developed experimental anti-covid drug."

This completly reveals the ruthless fascist minds among big pharma bosses. A few days ago a member of Yale school of medicine, which gets several 100mio $ grants form big pharma, published a fake study about ivermectin, the same way it has been done for HCQ.

Unluckily this forum goes now the same way by hiding todays most important facts.

• Cold Reality Dawns: Covid-19 Is Likely Here to Stay

https://www.msn.com/en-us/heal…ay/ar-BB1dsYKb?li=BBnb7Kz

Vaccination drives hold out the promise of curbing Covid-19, but governments and businesses are increasingly accepting what epidemiologists have long warned: The pathogen will circulate for years, or even decades, leaving society to co-exist with Covid-19 much as it does with other endemic diseases like flu, measles, and HIV.

The ease with which the coronavirus spreads, the emergence of new strains and poor access to vaccines in large parts of the world mean Covid-19 could shift from a pandemic disease to an endemic one, implying lasting modifications to personal and societal behavior, epidemiologists say.

“Going through the five phases of grief, we need to come to the acceptance phase that our lives are not going to be the same,” said Thomas Frieden, former director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. “I don’t think the world has really absorbed the fact that these are long-term changes.”

Endemic Covid-19 doesn’t necessarily mean continuing coronavirus restrictions, infectious-disease experts said, largely because vaccines are so effective at preventing severe disease and slashing hospitalizations and deaths. Hospitalizations have already fallen 30% in Israel after it vaccinated a third of its population. Deaths there are expected to plummet in weeks ahead.

But some organizations are planning for a long-term future in which prevention methods such as masking, good ventilation and testing continue in some form. Meanwhile, a new and potentially lucrative Covid-19 industry is emerging quickly, as businesses invest in goods and services such as air-quality monitoring, filters, diagnostic kits and new treatments.

The number of gene-detecting PCR tests produced globally is expected to grow this year, with manufacturers like New Jersey’s Quest Diagnostics predicting that millions of people will need a swab before they attend concerts, basketball games or family functions.

“We assume it would last for years, or be eternal, such as the flu,” said Jiwon Lim, spokesman for South Korea’s SD Biosensor, Inc., a test maker that is ramping up production of at-home diagnostic kits. Leading drug makers—Switzerland’s Novartis International AG and Eli Lilly & Co.—have invested in potential Covid-19 therapies. More than 300 such products are currently in development.

Airlines like Lufthansa are restructuring to focus on short-haul flights within Europe, and away from Pacific countries that have said they’ll keep borders closed for at least this year. Some airports are planning new vaccine passport systems to allow inoculated passengers to travel. Restaurants are investing in more takeout and delivery offerings. Meatpacking plants from Canada to Europe are buying up robotic arms, to curb the risk of outbreaks by reducing the number of workers on assembly lines.

Diseases are considered endemic when they remain persistently present but manageable, like flu. The extent of the spread varies by disease and location, epidemiologists say. Rabies, malaria, HIV and Zika all are endemic infectious diseases, but their prevalence and human toll vary globally.

• Extraordinary Patient Offers Surprising Clues To Origins Of Coronavirus Variants

https://wamu.org/story/21/02/0…virus-variants-come-from/

Back in the spring last year, a 45-year-old man went to the Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston because of a COVID-19 infection. Doctors treated him with steroids and discharged him five days later.

But the COVID infection never went away — for 154 days. “He was readmitted to the hospital several times over the subsequent five months for recurrence of his COVID-19 infection and severe pneumonia,” says infectious disease doctor Jonathan Li at Harvard Medical School who helped to treat the man.

“So this is an extraordinary individual,” Li says.

So extraordinary in fact, that this man’s case is offering scientists surprising clues about where the new coronavirus virus variants emerged, and why they’re causing explosive outbreaks on three continents.

To be clear here, the man wasn’t what doctors call a “long hauler,” or a person who clears a COVID infection and then continues to have health problems for months. This man had living, growing virus in body for five months, Li says. The same infection lasted for five months.

“That is one of the remarkable aspects of this case,” Li says. “In fact, he was highly infectious even five months after the initial diagnosis.”

This man had a severe autoimmune disease, which required him to take drugs to suppress his immune system. So his body couldn’t fight off the COVID infection as well as a healthy person. He would get better for a while and then the virus would counterattack. He would fall sick again. Eventually, he ended up in the ICU. He passed away five months after the initial diagnosis.

Throughout the man’s infection, Li and his colleagues ran an illuminating experiment. Every few weeks, the team extracted coronavirus from the man’s body and sequenced the virus’ genome.

Li couldn’t believe what they found. “I was shocked,” he says. “When I saw the virus sequences, I knew that we were dealing with something completely different and potentially very important.”

The sequences showed Li and his team that the virus was changing very quickly inside the man’s body. The virus wasn’t picking up just one or two mutations at a time. But rather, it acquired a whole cluster of more than 20 mutations. Scientists had never seen SARS-Cov-2 mutate so quickly during the whole pandemic.

• NewsCoronavirus prevention: There is solid evidence that Hydrogen Peroxide works - Prof. Ayettey

https://www.ghanaweb.com/Ghana…orks-Prof-Ayettey-1173322

There is concrete evidence that hydrogen peroxide works in the prevention of coronavirus, a former Provost of the College of Health Sciences of the University of Ghana, Rev. Emeritus Prof. Andrews Seth Ayettey, has insisted.

He told Abena Tabi on the Key Points on TV3 Saturday, February 6, that he is prepared to share documents to that effect with the Ghana Health Service (GHS) and the Ghana Medical Association (GMA).

His comments come after the GMA has cautioned the general public against the use of hydrogen peroxide for the prevention of COVID-19.

The GMA in a statement on Thursday, February 4 said Hydrogen Peroxide has not been approved for the prevention and treatment of Coronavirus.

Prof Ayettey had earlier recommended the product be used as immediate protection against the virus.

He said “In our on-going observational studies, we have become even more convinced about the efficacy of this solution, realizing that eight frontline nurses in the COVID-19 management team at a District Hospital using hydrogen peroxide had not contracted the disease and had tested negative since May 2020. In comparison, 62 of their colleagues not using peroxide had contracted the disease by end of December 2020. In a Google survey to determine hydrogen peroxide use we noted that, even though the number of respondents was few, none using hydrogen peroxide had had COVID-19 or had tested positive for the virus. Also, none of those we know using hydrogen peroxide has been diagnosed with the disease.

“Recently, a friend who was not using hydrogen peroxide had COVID-19. His wife, three elderly children, and mother-in-law who had been with him for 5 days and who all tested positive for the virus were encouraged to use hydrogen peroxide for mouth washing, throat gargling and nose cleansing, in addition to their prescribed medications of vitamin C, Ivermectin and Zinc. After two weeks, they all tested negative. None progressed to develop clinical symptoms of the disease.

“We have noted too that prophylactic use of hydrogen peroxide has been recommended by the American Dental Association for Dental practice; the Dental Department at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital has adopted this. In Italy, hydrogen peroxide is also the main ingredient for mass disinfestation. Besides, hydrogen peroxide is an important component in hand sanitizers recommended by the WHO.”

But in a response, the GMA said “The general public is advised to handle the product as any other medicinal product and that the misuse of same could lead to serious physical and undesirable medical consequences.

“The public is also advised to consult appropriate health professionals (prescribers) before they purchase such products.”

It stressed, “Presently, Hydrogen Peroxide has not been approved, authorized or recommended by the Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) (Ghana), Ghana Health Service (GHS), Ministry of Health (MoH), World Health Organization or any other reputable international drug and health regulatory body for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19.”

Reacting to the GMA’s statement, Prof Ayettey told Abena Tabi that “We had made great efforts to reach out to the GMA before the statement was issued.

• Despite dip in Covid-19 cases, expert says US is in the 'eye of the hurricane' as variants spread

https://news.google.com/articl…=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Nearly 700 cases of Covid-19 variants first spotted in the UK, South Africa and Brazil have been reported in the US so far, according to data updated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The vast majority of those cases are the B.1.1.7 strain, which was first detected in the UK and has now been spotted in at least 33 states. Experts say the highly contagious variant will likely soon become dominant in the US, and a new study found significant community transmission may already be occurring.

"This could be really, very dire for our country as we head into the spring," Hotez said of the variants. "Now, we're in a race. We're in a race to see how quickly we can vaccinate the American people."

• AstraZeneca’s Vaccine Does Not Work Well Against Virus Variant in South Africa

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2…orld/covid-19-coronavirus

The vaccine, developed with Oxford, was found not to prevent the virus variant rampant in South Africa from causing mild or moderate disease. In the U.S., Super Bowl parties raise worries about new surges.

South Africa has halted use of the AstraZeneca-Oxford coronavirus vaccine after evidence emerged that the vaccine did not protect clinical-trial participants from mild or moderate illness caused by the more contagious virus variant that was first seen in the country.

The findings were a devastating blow to the country’s efforts to combat the pandemic.

Scientists in South Africa said on Sunday that a similar problem held among people who had been infected by earlier versions of the coronavirus: The immunity they acquired naturally did not appear to protect them from mild or moderate cases when reinfected by the variant, known as B.1.351.

The developments, coming nearly a week after a million doses of the AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine arrived in South Africa, were an enormous setback for the country, where more than 46,000 people are known to have died from the virus. And they were another sign of the dangers posed by new mutations. The B.1.351 variant has already spread to at least 32 countries, including the United States.

The low number of cases evaluated as part of the studies outlined by South African scientists on Sunday made it difficult to pinpoint the precise effect of the variant. And it was not clear whether the AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine protected against severe disease from the B.1.351 variant.

The clinical trial participants who were evaluated were relatively young and unlikely to become severely ill, making it impossible for the scientists to determine whether the variant interfered with the AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine’s ability to protect against severe Covid-19, hospitalizations or deaths.

However, based on the immune responses detected in blood samples from people who were given the vaccine, the scientists said they believed that the vaccine could yet protect against more severe cases.

If further studies show that it does, South African health officials said on Sunday that they would consider resuming use of the AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine.

• Coronavirus digest: German nursing home sees outbreak after vaccines

https://news.google.com/articl…=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Coronavirus digest: German nursing home sees outbreak after vaccines

9 hours ago

Fourteen residents at a German nursing home have tested positive despite receiving two vaccine doses. Markus Söder has warned against lifting Germany's lockdown too soon. All the latest COVID news.

Local officials in the district of Osnabruck, Germany, said there was an outbreak of the UK variant of coronavirus at a nursing home in Belm.

The outbreak came despite all of its residents already receiving two doses of the BioNTech-Pfizer vaccine, with their last shot on January 25.

A local goverment spokesperson said 14 residents tested positive for the virus at the end of last week.

None of them showed any serious symptoms associated with COVID-19. It is unclear exactly how and when the residents became infected, officials said.

The news came as South Africa suspended its vaccination campaign over revelations that the Oxford-Astrazeneca vaccine had limited effect against the South African variant.

• China's Role In Coronavirus Outbreak: What Investigation Has Found

https://www.ndtv.com/world-new…5402?amp=1&akamai-rum=off

Investigators want to know how the SARS-CoV-2 virus -- whose closest known relative came from bats 1,000 miles away -- spread explosively in Wuhan before causing the worst contagion in more than a century.

Scientists probing the origins of the coronavirus are wrapping up a lengthy investigation in China and have found "important clues" about a Wuhan seafood market's role in the outbreak.

Peter Daszak, a New York-based zoologist assisting the World Health Organization-sponsored mission, said he anticipates the main findings will be released before his planned Feb. 10 departure. Speaking from the central city of Wuhan, where Covid-19 mushroomed in December 2019, Daszak said the 14-member group worked with experts in China and visited key hot spots and research centers to uncover "some real clues about what happened."

Investigators want to know how the SARS-CoV-2 virus -- whose closest known relative came from bats 1,000 miles away -- spread explosively in Wuhan before causing the worst contagion in more than a century. Daszak said the investigation heralds a turning point in pandemic mitigation.

"It's the beginning of hopefully a really deep understanding of what happened so we can stop the next one," he said over Zoom late Friday. "That's what this is all about -- trying to understand why these things emerge so we don't continually have global economic crashes and horrific mortality while we wait for vaccines. It's just not a tenable future."

Worldwide, Covid-19 has caused more than 105.7 million infections and 2.3 million deaths.

The WHO was asked in May to help "identify the zoonotic source of the virus and the route of introduction to the human population, including the possible role of intermediate hosts."

Lab Theory

The lack of a clear pathway from bats to humans has stoked speculation -- refuted by Daszak and many other scientists -- that the virus might have escaped from the Wuhan Institute of Virology, a maximum bio-containment laboratory studying bat-borne coronaviruses.

Scientists visited the lab and asked Shi Zhengli, who has collected and analyzed these viruses for more than a decade, about the research and the earliest known coronavirus cases.

'Whole Gamut'

"We really have to cover the whole gamut of key lines of investigation," Daszak said. "To be fair to our hosts here in China, they've been doing the same for the last few months. They've been working behind the scenes, digging up the information, looking at it and getting it ready."

The work has been "collaborative," with Chinese counterparts helping mission investigators dig deeper for clues, he said.

"We sat down with them every single day and went through information, new data, and then said we want to go to the key places," the British scientist said. "They asked for a list. We suggested where we should go and the people we should meet. We went to every place on that list and they were really forthcoming with that."

Daszak is one of 10 independent experts assisting the WHO mission. The agency also has five staff members participating, and the UN's Food and Agriculture Organization and the Paris-based World Organization for Animal Health have two each.

The coverup has begun!

• Good news, preliminary data have been published already few days ago.

Sorry to say: What they did was a quick and dirty test (based on a model only) with absolute no relevance for the vaccine. The news is just for driving the stock.

What the real study shows is you need 10x more (Pfizer..) anti bodies to fully fight of the RSA strain. So quite many people with the Pfizer vaccine will get moderate to medium CoV-19 and of course transmit & mutate it. Not so with Ivermectin that stops the process at all.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.