Covid-19 News

• Is there some evidence lockdowns work they are basing this decision on? I read articles every day saying at best the evidence is inconclusive.

Sure there is evidence! The CDC has done their own study and found the following : Lockdowns (specifically indicated by restaurant closings) reduce the slope of the infection rate curve by a whopping one percent compared to non closure of restaurants! (This was the same study I linked to previously that showed that mask mandates reduced the slope of the infection rate curve by, again, a hugely whopping one percent.) Takeaway : Lockdowns and masks work!

• Mississippi man partially paralyzed, unable to talk after J&J vaccine

By Jackie Salo

Once ore read through VERS database data and look how people die from Pfizer/ModernaCDC.txt

Be also aware that big Pharma pays doctors not to report in to VERS. So only 1/10 of the cases are there with a high percentage the details are missing. At least 30 cases with brain thrombosis but you have to go for the symptoms. It's all dirty cheating.

Maher then pointed to a Gallup survey that showed the vast majority of Democrats incorrectly overestimate the probability of being hospitalized from COVID, with 41 percent believing it's at least 50 percent while only 10 percent of Democrats correctly said that the probability is only 1-to-5 percent while 26 percent of Republicans said the same, stressing that Democrats were "wildly off on this key question."

This is outraging nonsense. The risk is much lower than 1% as 90 of 100 cases are never detected. This picture only works out for people age > 65. Or the fat USA.

• That study can't be right. After all, starting today in the province of Ontario, all playgrounds, basketball courts, soccer fields, tennis courts, baseball fields, golf courses, etc., are closed off for five weeks.

Furthermore, our motherly Solicitor General is so concerned about us poor little Ontarians that she just granted police in Ontario the authority to stop someone walking outside or driving their car, and ask what justification they had for not being at home, and to give them the proverbial $880 ticket if they are deemed unworthy for being out and about.

Thankfully, unlike in certain places in Australia, it seems that many police forces in Ontario - including Toronto - are not going to be complying.

• That study can't be right. After all, starting today in the province of Ontario, all playgrounds, basketball courts, soccer fields, tennis courts, baseball fields, golf courses, etc., are closed off for five weeks.

What is not right?

The fact is: The lockdown done in western style kills more people that we would see with no lock down. See Sweden!

The main reason for this: We don't use real mask just fake ones. An infected person going home and sleeping in teh same room as somebody that is not immune to a high percentage will kill his partner or what ever.

This is what real CoV-19 cases show!

Idiot politicians like the ones in France did order to wear fake face mask outside. So you go in restaurant/shop collect some virus on your mask an have plenty of time to inhale them on the way home. Key is exchange of air and dilution. If you leave a shop remove the mask everything else is nuts.

The result of idiots lock-down (Germany/France/UK) is everywhere the same. Constant increase in cases/deaths. So please buy a PF98 mask - >98% protection - not FP2!! (94%) this is not enough.

• Agreed. (I was just being my sometimes sarcastic self when I said the study can't be right.)

If I was personally concerned about getting Covid-19 I would indeed be getting an N95 or higher (N98, N99, etc) mask. The downside with going higher than N95 is that it gets more difficult to breathe, so I've heard. As it is I just use a surgical mask when I go in stores and take the thing off as soon as I leave. The Ivermectin I got some months ago I still have, but is more for any close friend or relative I might hear is having trouble.

Update: The Premier of Ontario just a few hours ago has lifted the ban on children playgrounds (that had been in place for less than a day)! This came after an uproar from citizens, whose children can't go to school for weeks.

• The Chinese are snivelling littlle shits. Not only do they synthesize a synthetic form of NOVICHUK to blame PUTIN with they also designed this COVID bioweapon to de-stabi;lize our economies!!! Today is Sunday and I am afraid all GOD has to say to them is FUCK OFF AND DIE. Thus spake Zarathustra!!! :) :( ;) :P ^^ :D ;( X( :evil:

• Agreed. (I was just being my sometimes sarcastic self when I said the study can't be right.)

If I was personally concerned about getting Covid-19 I would indeed be getting an N95 or higher (N98, N99, etc) mask. The downside with going higher than N95 is that it gets more difficult to breathe, so I've heard. As it is I just use a surgical mask when I go in stores and take the thing off as soon as I leave. The Ivermectin I got some months ago I still have, but is more for any close friend or relative I might hear is having trouble.

Update: The Premier of Ontario just a few hours ago has lifted the ban on children playgrounds (that had been in place for less than a day)! This came after an uproar from citizens, whose children can't go to school for weeks.

Canadian police refuse provincial order to make random stops amid COVID-19 surge

https://www.reuters.com/world/…ovid-19-surge-2021-04-17/

Police in cities across Ontario, Canada’s most populous province, on Saturday refused to make random stops greenlighted by the provincial government seeking to impose a stay-at-home order amid a surge in COVID-19 cases.

Toronto, the country’s largest city, Ottawa, Hamilton, Windsor and at least 19 other municipal police forces said they would not conduct random vehicle or individual stops though they had been given the power to do so.

"The Toronto Police Service will continue to engage, educate and enforce, but we will not be doing random stops of people or cars," the force said on Twitter. Mayor John Tory supported the move.

Ontario, home to 38% of Canada's population, had 4,362 new infections on Saturday after a record of 4,812 cases on Friday, and projections indicate the virus could spike to 10,000 per day in June without more strict health restrictions.

• the EU doesn't have a clue!!

: 'Highly probable' that the EU won't renew its AstraZeneca contract, says French minister

https://www.euronews.com/2021/…contract-says-french-mini

The likelihood that the European Union will renew its COVID vaccine contract with AstraZeneca is very low, according to France's industry minister.

Agnes Pannier-Runacher told BFM-TV on Friday that final decisions were yet to be made, but that she believed it "highly probable" the bloc would not place any more orders.

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) has repeatedly said the benefits of the UK-developed vaccine far outweigh any risks - in reference to the potential link found to rare blood clots - however, individual countries have been seen to follow their own course.

On Thursday, Denmark was the first country to completely abandon the AstraZeneca jab, while Norway later followed suit.

Countries such as Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands and Spain have restricted use to specific age groups, but none have gone as far to write it off completely

• Number of COVID-19 patients in French intensive care falls again

https://www.reuters.com/busine…ntensive-care-2021-04-17/

The number of coronavirus patients in intensive care units in France has fallen and the number of patients in hospital has also dropped, the health ministry said on Saturday, in a sign that pressure on the medical system is easing.

Health ministry data showed that 5,877 people were in intensive care units with COVID-19 on Saturday, 37 fewer than on Friday. The number of COVID-19 patients in hospital fell by 143 to 30,329, the fifth consecutive fall.

France imposed a third nationwide lockdown this month to try to stem its third wave of infections.

It registered 189 new daily coronavirus deaths in hospitals in the space of 24 hours. Overall, France's COVID-19 death toll breached the 100,000 mark on Thursday, the eighth-highest in the world.

• COVID-19 is much deadlier in Brazil than India and no one knows why

https://www.chicagotribune.com…story.html?outputType=amp

Facing a sudden surge in coronavirus infections, India is once again home to the world’s second-largest outbreak, overtaking Brazil after the latter moved ahead in March. But behind the bleak statistical jockeying is an epidemiological enigma over why the Latin American country has been far more devastated by the pathogen.

When it comes to the scale of infections, the two nations are similarly matched, with cases hovering near 14 million and hospitals from Mumbai to Sao Paulo under increasing pressure as admissions continue to rise. But it’s the divergence in fatalities that has scientists puzzled. Brazil, home to almost 214 million, has seen more than 361,800 people die from COVID-19, more than double the number of deaths in India, which has a far greater population of 1.4 billion.

While deaths in India have started climbing and threaten to get worse, the macro-level disparity remains and is emblematic of different ways in which the pandemic is playing out across regions. Experts say this needs to be better understood and decoded, to contain this global outbreak as well as avoid future public health crises.

COVID-19 death ratios in South Asia, including India, are consistently lower than global averages, just as those in Latin America are consistently higher, forcing virologists to offer a number of theories as to why Covid has cut a more deadly swathe from Brazil to Argentina.

“We’re not comparing apples to apples here, we’re comparing apples to oranges,” said Bhramar Mukherjee, the biostatistics chair at University of Michigan’s School of Public Health. For now, both countries present an “intriguing puzzle — an epidemiological mystery that needs a Sherlock Holmes or Miss Marple in action.”

Brazil has been hit by multiple waves killing an alarming number of its young and it reported a record one-day jump of 4,000 COVID-19-related deaths last week. Meanwhile, India’s daily surge in casualties have been around 1,000 and well below that last week. Deaths in the Asian country as a percentage of confirmed cases is 1.2 versus 2.6 in Brazil, data compiled by Bloomberg show.

Multiple factors could be at play in the fatality gap, including the differences in mean age — 26 years in India to Brazil’s 33.5.

Experts have long criticized India’s broader death statistics, particularly in its rural hinterlands. Before the pandemic about one in five fatalities were not reported at all, according to Mukherjee. But that doesn’t explain why Brazil’s death rate is higher than aging Western nations that have also been hard hit by the pandemic.

“Brazil’s mortality rate is even more shocking because the population is much younger than other countries, such as European ones,” said Alberto Chebabo, the vice-president of the Brazilian Society of Infectious Diseases.

The rising infection and death rates come as the pace of the inoculation drives in each country has sped up in the past month after an initially sluggish start. India has managed to administer more than 114 million vaccine doses, compared to Brazil’s 32 million — though the latter has injected a higher proportion of its population.

Other theories behind the divergence between Brazil and India center around the two countries’ differing environments and experience of disease.

Some scientists say widespread exposure to an array of diseases in India may have helped its citizens build natural resilience against coronaviruses such as COVID-19.

Shekhar Mande, the head of India’s Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, is among those who have examined this trend and co-authored a published study on this. His research found correlations where citizens from low-hygiene nations tended to better cope with COVID-19.

“Our hypothesis, and this is strictly a hypothesis, is that because our populations are continuously exposed to many kinds of pathogens, including viruses, our immune system does not hyper-react to any new variation that comes in,” Mande said in an interview.

Many experts acknowledge genetics or cross-immunity could be at play as other South Asian countries including Bangladesh and Pakistan have also seen far fewer deaths than Brazil.

That 87% of Brazilians live in urban areas, but two-thirds of Indians live in rural places with more space and ventilation could be another reason, according to University of Michigan’s Mukherjee.

Then there’s the fact that Brazil is where one of the most potentially deadly coronavirus mutations, the P.1 variant, was identified in December. Along with variants first seen in South Africa and the U.K., studies suggest these strains are more contagious.

“The P.1 variant has spread through a lot of Brazil’s cities and states simultaneously, leading to a collapse of the health system, which has lead to a very high mortality rate,” said Chebabo from the Brazilian Society of Infectious Diseases. Brazil is in a “perfect storm,” he added, with its lack of political leadership in implementing effective measures like lockdowns, compounding the COVID-19 crisis.

The rapid and sustained spread of the variant in Brazil also gave its health-care system no breathing room, unlike a lull between waves over the last months of 2020 in India, which helped hospitals and frontline workers recover and plan ahead.

“We’re far better prepared for handling this wave than we were earlier in many, many ways,” Suneeta Reddy, managing director of Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Ltd., said in an interview. “We’ve learned the clinical protocols to treat COVID. We’re able to use our assets and beds in a much more rigorous manner.”

India could now be facing the prospect of a mutant strain-driven surge that’s worse than its first outbreak, though it’s hard to tell given the Asian nation had done genome sequencing for less than 1% of its COVID-19-positive samples.

Mismanagement and COVID-19 fatigue have also been blamed for the rampant spread and soaring death rates in both countries. Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro has long-opposed lockdowns, clashing with local governments over pandemic mitigation measures and ridiculing mask wearing.

For India, a months-long decline in daily infections from the first peak in September — along with officials lifting restrictions on public gatherings — encouraged people to lower their guard. Many also became indifferent to the dangers of COVID-19 after seeing friends and family with mild symptoms recover and politicians disregard safety protocols.

“Brazil is a complete disaster in terms of the political leadership, and India has become complacent after the initial decline in cases,” said Madhukar Pai, the Canada research chair in epidemiology and global health at McGill University in Montreal.

It’s too early to say if India can continue to avoid the more lethal fate of Brazil. While some parts of the country have imposed targeted lockdowns, elections are being held in five states — seeing thousands of voters pack campaign rallies — along with a month-long Hindu pilgrimage that brings throngs to the banks of Ganges river.

These threaten to undo the benefits that can come from the ramped up vaccination drive. Daily deaths in the South Asian country have already more than doubled to over 1,000 a day in the past week, with crematoriums in many areas running non-stop and bodies piling up.

“Both countries need to greatly increase their vaccination coverage and work harder to implement other public health measures,” said Pai. “What matters is each country needs to work much harder to contain the epidemic.

The reason..... Covid is seasonal!!!!!

• Is there some evidence lockdowns work they are basing this decision on? I read articles every day saying at best the evidence is inconclusive.

Lockdown fatigue: The declining effectiveness of lockdowns

https://voxeu.org/article/declining-effectiveness-lockdowns

Conclusions

These results suggest that restrictions applied for a long period or reintroduced late in the pandemic (for example, in the event of a resurgence of cases) would exert, at best, a weaker, attenuated effect on the circulation of the virus and the number of casualties. Combined with the results in Haug et al. (2020), they suggest that lockdowns should be strict and brief.

These findings are particularly relevant for emerging and developing countries that may face considerable delays in the start of massive vaccination campaigns and will likely face successive waves of infections without having achieved herd immunity levels. After a year of strong economic downturn and substantial health costs, the intensity of lockdowns continues to be an influential factor in the economic and social life of low- and middle-income countries. Even if restrictions played a role early on, they had a one-off effect that would be hard to replicate going forward. This suggests that the heavy reliance on lockdowns as in the early stages of the pandemic may not be advised.

• They kill jobs, overwhelm treasuries, harm mental health but COVID lockdowns work, science suggests

Still, for many lay people and some doctors and scientists , the question has become: Was it all worth it?

https://nationalpost.com/news/…e6-aca7-296245aca0dd/amp/

Dr. Ari Joffe is accustomed to being at odds with his scientific colleagues.

The University of Alberta critical care physician doubts brain death really is death and questions the practice of harvesting donor organs from people shortly after their hearts have stopped beating.

He did it again last month, publishing a paper that argues the lockdowns used to curb the spread of COVID-19 stem from “group-think” and have done more harm than good.

“We must open up society to save many more lives than we can by attempting to avoid every case (or even most cases) of COVID-19,” Joffe urged in the journal Frontiers of Public Health.

Worn out by a year of life in suspension, many Canadians would likely share his sentiments.

In the battle against the coronavirus, lockdowns have been bitter medicine, causing unemployment not seen since the Great Depression, wiping out myriad businesses, costing government billions and triggering countless mental and physical health side effects.

• COVID Lockdowns May Have No Clear Benefit vs Other Voluntary Measures, International Study Shows

https://www.newsweek.com/covid…study-shows-1561656?amp=1

study evaluating COVID-19 responses around the world found that mandatory lockdown orders early in the pandemic may not provide significantly more benefits to slowing the spread of the disease than other voluntary measures, such as social distancing or travel reduction

The peer reviewed study was published in the European Journal of Clinical Investigation on January 5, and analyzed coronavirus case growth in 10 countries in early 2020.

The study compared cases in England, France, Germany, Iran, Italy, Netherlands, Spain and the U.S. – all countries that implemented mandatory lockdown orders and business closures – to South Korea and Sweden, which instituted less severe, voluntary responses. It aimed to analyze the effect that less restrictive or more restrictive measures had on changing individual behavior and curbing the transmission of the virus.

• The number of coronavirus patients in intensive care units in France has fallen and the number of patients in hospital has also dropped, the health ministry said on Saturday, in a sign that pressure on the medical system is easing.

With a lockdown you just can flatten the peek. The pandemic will still go on except you do it the Chinese way and jail the whole population in varying size jails.

You can no longer travel freely in China. As soon as they see > 10 cases in one jail it will be totally locked for at least 4 weeks. May be that's what the ruling mafia would like to see. Best case: Concentration camps like for Uigurs or Falun gong people. Second best case, local jails like in China today. This was standard in historic Japan for more that 300 years. You had no right to travel unless you weer a member of the ruling class or had a permit.

Just to sum it up. CoV-19 so far die not kill significant more people that we expect. 90% of the dead ones would have died within the same year. So this is not a severe disease at all that threatens the population.CoV-19 only did threat big pharma as it did "exclusively" kill their best customers!!

• some thoughts on vaccines, interesting

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.