Covid-19 News

• Any tips on where I can get the autopsy results (eg 4/mil) or even a reference article?

• The 4,1678 figure may be a gross under exaggeration according to VAERS historical data collection gathering, or an over exaggeration

Okay, so it may be over, it may under, and it may be just about right. You don't know. What is your point? Is there any reason to think it is an exaggeration? If you do not know of a reason, why even say this? It seems like you are complaining, and you have no reason to complain.

The 4,1678 figure may be a gross under exaggeration according to VAERS historical data collection gathering, or an over exaggeration. Offit feels in this case it should be ignored nonetheless, but admits the data has been a good bell-weather in the past for other diseases.

Offit DOES NOT feel it should be ignored! That is an outrageous attack on him, and on all the epidemiologists. He did not say anything like that. He said that experts need to look at the data closely, but amateurs should refrain from trying analyze it. Or, if amateurs do analyze it, and they reach a conclusion contrary to the experts, they should be very hesitant to believe their own conclusions. That stands to reason. That applies to all difficult technical tasks.

It needs to be investigated further IMO. At the least, it could form the basis for a solid risk/benefit analysis to determine if getting vaccinated is worth it for the younger people. For us old folks, and the young and infirm, it seems pretty clear we need to get vaccinated.

Of course it needs to be investigated. That's what the epidemiologists are doing. That is what Offit says they are doing. He gives examples of how difficult it is. Of course they have to determine the risk/benefits for young people. Which they have done. That's why they lowered the minimum age to 16, but not age 1 yet. They may never lower it, depending on factors such as herd immunity with or without young people. It is a complicated analysis. It does not just include the likelihood of severe illness or death at young ages, but also the risk to other people of other ages.

• Crazy times in manila

Solons, doctors behind ivermectin distribution should be held liable— ex-DOH chief

In the ANC interview, Cabral said she heard "a lot of harm coming from the use of ivermectin."

I have no idea whether ivermectin helps, or whether it causes harm. However, if it is shown that it does cause harm, and if it also shown that the doctors using it were aware of that harm, then of course they should be held liable. Why would you call that "crazy"?

That's a lot of "ifs." It is probably too soon to hold them liable. You would have to find a document or video showing doctors talking about the harm they know they are causing. I doubt any such thing exists. I assume they are prescribing ivermectin in good faith, in which case they are not liable. I also assume that doctors opposed to using ivermectin are also acting in good faith, and that even if it is later shown the stuff works, we should not accuse opponents of malpractice or a crime. I assume good faith on both sides, but the people here who advocate the use of ivermectin do not. They have a short supply of good faith, common sense, and forgivingness toward experts who make honest mistakes.

You people need to understand that humans are fallible. Most of them do the best they can. I expect everyone here would forgive me for a program error, even if it was very annoying and it cost you hours of work. You would not call for my arrest and imprisonment. When doctors make mistakes, it doesn't just cause a program crash that wipes out the work you did this morning. It sometimes kills you. What doctors do is more consequential than what I do. The stakes are higher. But that does not make doctors more perfect people than I am, or less likely to make mistakes. Believe me, programmers learn to be very careful or they are soon fired.

It is unfortunate that we must depend on the technical judgement of fallible human beings to survive the pandemic, but that's how things are. You should not go flying off accusing the doctors of crimes because they play an indispensable role in these events.

• I didn't see anything about deaths 4/mil or autopsy.

The 4 is from an other report I remember. As said the Blair report is what provax agrees! Autopsy has been made for all these cases. Especially for the > 10 early Pfizer deaths in USA. Provax never mention negative terms as this is against the Freemasons Playbook.

One other strategy - trick - they (FM/R/J big pharma mafia) uses is pinpointing details like high (brain) vein thromboses (Astra) instead of talking about blood cloths in general where Pfizer is the clear leader with >40/million...

Today the situation is a bit better as about 80% of the cloths can be treated! (What not means no defects remain...)

Do you remember the 23 deaths in Norway within a few days with Pfizer? Nobody had interest to find out the details only DK/DE later started search for Astra...

I have no idea whether ivermectin helps, or whether it causes harm.

JED here is a FUD'er. As an FM member he has all interest that people do not look at Ivermectin.

• You should not go flying off accusing the doctors of crimes

with respect to ivermectin... frontline doctors such as Kory and Stone..use ivermectin in accordance with the Hippocratic oath..

and are disappointed at the stance of regulatory bodies such as the FDA.

have no idea whether ivermectin helps, or whether it causes harm.

'No idea' :whistling:

If JR can read..as the keeper of the sacred LENR records..I presume he can..he can get some 'idea' here..

"Ivermectin is a well-known, FDA-approved anti-parasite drug that has been used successfully for more than four decades to treat onchocerciasis “river blindness” and other parasitic diseases. It is one of the safest drugs known. It is on the WHO’s list of essential medicines, has been given 3.7 billion times around the globe, and has won the Nobel prize for its global and historic impacts in eradicating endemic parasitic infections in many parts of the world. Our medical discovery of a rapidly growing published medical evidence base, demonstrating ivermectin’s unique and highly potent ability to inhibit SARS-CoV-2 replication and to suppress inflammation, prompted our team to use ivermectin for prevention and treatment in all stages of COVID-19. Ivermectin is not yet FDA-approved for the treatment of COVID-19, but on Jan 14, 2021, the NIH changed their recommendation for the use of ivermectin in COVID-19 from “against” to “neutral”."

Using sacred librarian skills JR can find the source..

Seek and he shall find...

• read the results of doctors using ivermectin then you might understand why it's crazy times

https://covid19criticalcare.com/

• It seems no one here is complaining about Moderna.... any side effects or simply the same story as Pfizer? There have been hundreds of million people vaccinated, mainly in the US...not much can be read nor found...

Z,

I had moderna,

12 hours after 2nd injection, @ 10:00 am:

I was shaking, had fever, and banging headache for 12 hours.

Didn’t sleep and was exhausted,

but perfectly fine by 10:00 am:

• with respect to ivermectin... frontline doctors such as Kory and Stone..use ivermectin in accordance with the Hippocratic oath..

and are disappointed at the stance of regulatory bodies such as the FDA.

Well of course they are disappointed. They disagree with FDA, so they are disappointed. Doctors who agree with the FDA are relieved. I have no idea which group is correct.

If JR can read..as the keeper of the sacred LENR records..I presume he can..he can get some 'idea' here..

"Ivermectin is a well-known, FDA-approved anti-parasite drug that has been used successfully for more than four decades to treat onchocerciasis “river blindness” and other parasitic diseases

I can read all kinds of documents both for and against ivermectin. But, since I know little about clinical medicine, I cannot judge which side is right. I am very reticent to wade into a technical discussion when I have no relevant technical knowledge. The fact that ivermectin is approved and effective against parasites may not be evidence that it works against COVID-19. The opponents say the tests show it does not work. I have not looked closely at those tests so I can't judge whether they are right.

I can judge the vaccines. I do not need knowledge of clinical medicine to do that. I do not need to look carefully at test data. The data speaks for itself. It shouts for itself! The data from the UK and Israel proves beyond doubt that the vaccines are fantastically effective. U.S. data is looking better every day. In countries that have not been able to vaccinate, such as Japan, the pandemic is as bad as it was in 2020. It is far worse in India. If we could magically vaccinate most people in India overnight, it is absolutely certain that within a month or so the number of cases and deaths would fall close to zero, as it has in the UK and Israel.

I can judge LENR. For the record I think that many of the papers at LENR-CANR.org are bunk. Of course I would never remove one just because I think it is wrong.

• Hard to believe’: Scientists alarmed by COVID’s diabetes link, particularly in children

Among Covid-19’s many ripple effects, the worsening of the global diabetes burden could carry a heavy public-health toll.

https://fortune.com/2021/05/05…ter-effects-children/amp/

When Ziyad Al-Aly’s research team told him how often diabetes appeared to strike Covid-19 survivors, he thought the data must be wrong, so he asked his five colleagues to crunch the numbers again.

Weeks later, they returned the same findings after sifting through millions of patient records. By then Al-Aly had also gone digging into the scientific literature and was starting to come to terms with an alarming reality: Covid-19 isn’t just deadlier for people with diabetes, it’s also triggering the metabolic disease in many who didn’t previously have it.

“It took a while to convince me,” said Al-Aly, who directs the clinical epidemiology center at the Veterans Affairs St. Louis Health Care System in Missouri. “It was hard to believe that Covid could be doing this.”

Among Covid-19’s many ripple effects, the worsening of the global diabetes burden could carry a heavy public-health toll. The underlying mechanisms stoking new-onset diabetes aren’t clear, though some doctors suspect the SARS-CoV-2 virus may damage the pancreas, the gland that makes insulin which is needed to convert blood-sugar into energy. Sedentary lifestyles brought on by lockdowns could also be playing a role, as might late diagnoses after people avoided doctors’ offices. Even some children’s mild coronavirus cases can be followed by the swift onset of diabetes, scientists found.

Considered exclusively a lung disease in the early days of the pandemic, Covid-19 is increasingly recognized for its ability to ravage multiple organs and bodily systems, causing persistent and sometimes debilitating symptoms in 1 in 10 sufferers months after their apparent recovery.

Lingering metabolic complications, sometimes requiring high doses of insulin, suggest a subset of survivors are developing diabetes — swelling the ranks of the more than the 463 million people living with the chronic condition.

Two Studies

The disease, in which the body fails to produce enough or properly use insulin, cost an estimated $760 billion in the year before Covid struck, driven by life-shortening complications spanning stroke and kidney failure to foot ulcers and blindness.

Al-Aly and colleagues were the first to measure the effect in the U.S. based on evidence from the national health-care databases of the Department of Veterans Affairs. They found that Covid survivors were about 39% more likely to have a new diabetes diagnosis in the six months after infection than non-infected users of the VA health system. The risk works out to about 6.5 additional diabetes cases for every 1,000 Covid patients who don’t end up in the hospital. For those who do, the probability jumps to 37 per 1,000 — and it’s even higher for patients who required intensive care.

The numbers should be viewed in the context of Covid’s sprawling reach, according to Al-Aly. During the winter peak, more than 130,000 patients were hospitalized with the coronavirus in the U.S. alone. Globally, SARS-CoV-2 is reported to have infected more than 153 million people, including over 20 million in India, the country with the most people living with diabetes after China.

Pandemics Collide

Al-Aly’s data was published last month in Nature, three weeks after a study of almost 50,000 hospitalized Covid patients in England found that they were 50% more likely to have diabetes some 20 weeks after discharge than matched controls.

“We have a risk of seeing a clash of two pandemics,” said Francesco Rubino, chair of metabolic and bariatric surgery at King’s College London, who set up a global registry of Covid-related diabetes cases with Paul Zimmet, a professor of diabetes at Melbourne’s Monash University.

Researchers have hypothesized pathways in which Covid might increase the likelihood of a diabetes diagnosis, including the possibility that the pancreas’s insulin-excreting beta cells are destroyed either by the virus or by the body’s response to the infection.

Other explanations may include an acute stress response to the infection, the use of steroid treatments that help survival but increase blood-sugar, or just the unmasking of diabetes cases that had previously escaped diagnosis, according to John Nicholls, a clinical professor of pathology at the University of Hong Kong.

Tracking Cases

Almost 500 doctors from around the world have agreed to share data via Rubino’s diabetes registry. They will upload patients’ known risk factors, lab results, clinical features, treatment, and disease course — information that will help identify the most prevalent form of the disease, possible causes, and likely prognoses.

So far, close to 350 cases have been documented through the registry and descriptive anecdotes are flowing in almost every day through emails from concerned patients and parents.

People write to us and say, ‘My son just got diagnosed with diabetes. He’s an 8-year-old. He just got Covid last month or two months ago. Could it be related?’” Rubino said.

The question of whether SARS-CoV-2 is capable of inducing diabetes is controversial. Surveillance for diabetes from population-based data may be a clearer way to gauge the pandemic’s impact, said Jonathan Shaw, deputy director of the Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute in Melbourne.

Worried About Kids

In Los Angeles, meantime, doctors report a worrying pattern among children with new cases of type-2 diabetes — the chronic form linked to obesity and sedentary lifestyles that’s mainly seen in adults.

They found one in five new pediatric type-2 cases last year required hospitalization for diabetic ketoacidosis, a dangerous buildup of acid in the blood due to inadequate insulin supply. By contrast, only 3% of new patients faced this life-threatening problem in 2019. While none of the children in 2020 had active Covid-19, doctors weren’t systematically testing for a prior SARS-CoV-2 infection. Of those who were tested, a third were positive.

“Could that explain some of the increase? We really just don’t know,” said Lily Chao, interim medical diabetes director at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. “But that is one thing that is going through the back of our heads.”

Doctors in Canada suggest a drop in utilization of medical services during the pandemic might have delayed care for children with new-onset type 1 diabetes — the rarer form caused by an autoimmune reaction that destroys insulin-producing cells in the pancreas. A study from Alberta province found the incidence of severe diabetic ketoacidosis in these patients more than doubled to 27% in 2020.

Lifestyle Changes

Chao sees other plausible drivers related to Covid-19. The pandemic itself has also resulted in lifestyle changes that may be putting kids at risk of diabetes.

“For Los Angeles, schools were shut down for a whole year,” she said. “Many of our children have just been home and frankly not getting the best nutrition and gaining more weight. It’s a complex situation.”

Rubino aims to publish initial findings from the diabetes registry data mid-year, and offers a word of early caution already: there’s enough evidence of Covid-19’s long-term consequences that it should be avoided at any age.

This is not just a flu that, OK, you’ve got it and you’re done with it,” he said. “You might not be done. It’s a serious thing.”This is not just a flu that, OK, you’ve got it and you’re done with it,” he said. “You might not be done. It’s a serious thing.”

• read the results of doctors using ivermectin then you might understand why it's crazy times

https://covid19criticalcare.com/

Read the results of tests in the US and elsewhere that the FDA cites and you will understand why many doctors disagree. The results from medical studies and clinical treatment are sometimes clearcut. The effectiveness of the vaccines is beyond doubt. Anyone can see that in the data from Israel in particular. However, the effects of other drugs may not be as clear. Apparently the FDA experts have doubts about ivermectin. Whereas there is not a single legitimate, sane doctor on earth who doubts that the vaccines work. The opponents are either bat-shit crazy or certified members of the Death Cult who want to kill off 100 million people to enhance their own power.

• Covid-Induced "Black Fungus" Cases Reported In Delhi Hospital

Mucormycisis is a fungal infection triggered by COVID-19. Black fungus or mucormycosis has been a cause of disease and death of patients in transplants, ICUs and immunodeficient patients since long.

https://www.ndtv.com/delhi-new…6656?amp=1&akamai-rum=off

New Delhi: Doctors at a leading private facility here are seeing a rise in the number of COVID-triggered mucormycisis cases, according to a statement from the hospital.

Mucormycisis is a fungal infection triggered by COVID-19. Black fungus or mucormycosis has been a cause of disease and death of patients in transplants, ICUs and immunodeficient patients since long.

According to Dr Manish Munjal, senior ENT surgeon at the Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, "We are seeing a rise again in this dangerous fungal infection triggered by COVID-19. In the last two days, we have admitted six cases of mucormycisis. Last year, this deadly infection caused a high mortality with many patients suffering from the loss of eyesight and the removal of the nose and the jaw bone."

Dr Ajay Swaroop, the chairman of the ENT department at the hospital, said the use of steroids in the treatment of COVID-19 coupled with the fact that many coronavirus patients have diabetes could be one of the reasons for this rise in the number of black fungus cases again.

He said the infection is commonly seen in patients who have recovered from COVID-19 but have comorbidities such as diabetes, kidney or heart failure or cancer.

Munjal concurred with his colleague and said COVID patients with a weak immunity are more prone to this deadly infection.

"Early clinical suspicion on symptoms such as nose obstruction, swelling in the eyes or cheeks and black crusts in the nose should immediately prompt a biopsy and start of antifungal therapy as early as possible," he said.

• Hard to believe’: Scientists alarmed by COVID’s diabetes link, particularly in children

Among Covid-19’s many ripple effects, the worsening of the global diabetes burden could carry a heavy public-health toll.

Another dreadful side effect. Perhaps this means it would be a good idea to extend the vaccines to all age groups, including children. The doctors are testing the effects of the vaccines in children. I hope they find no problems and decide they are safe.

The disease is usually light in children, which some people argue means we should not vaccinate children. That makes sense I guess, but on the other hand, there are reports long haul problems in children, and now this risk of diabetes. Plus, children can infect others. I guess I favor vaccinating children, but only after extensive double blind studies with tens of thousands of children, and only if the tests show the vaccines are extremely safe.

• Read the results of tests in the US and elsewhere that the FDA cites and you will understand why many doctors disagree. The results from medical studies and clinical treatment are sometimes clearcut. The effectiveness of the vaccines is beyond doubt. Anyone can see that in the data from Israel in particular. However, the effects of other drugs may not be as clear. Apparently the FDA experts have doubts about ivermectin. Whereas there is not a single legitimate, sane doctor on earth who doubts that the vaccines work. The opponents are either bat-shit crazy or certified members of the Death Cult who want to kill off 100 million people to enhance their own power.

There are no results that the FDA has looked at they haven't even discussed ivermectin yet, on the agenda for June along with norovax vaccine. The FDA along with the NIH are neutral which in itself is a crime against the American people.

• Unintended consequences...

There were 7,423 deaths from alcohol misuse last year - a rise of 20% from 2019, the UK Office for National Statistics says. Deaths increased from March 2020 onwards when the UK's coronavirus epidemic forced the first national lockdown. Most deaths were related to long-term drinking problems and dependency.

On the plus side;

Influenza has almost vanished - there are various links to this but here is the one to Scientific American.

Flu has disappeared worldwide.

Since the novel coronavirus began its global spread, influenza cases reported to the World Health Organization have dropped to minuscule levels. The reason, epidemiologists think, is that the public health measures taken to keep the coronavirus from spreading also stop the flu. Influenza viruses are transmitted in much the same way as SARS-CoV-2, but they are less effective at jumping from host to host.

As Scientific American reported last fall, the drop-off in flu numbers was both swift and universal. Since then, cases have stayed remarkably low. “There’s just no flu circulating,” says Greg Poland, who has studied the disease at the Mayo Clinic for decades. The U.S. saw about 600 deaths from influenza during the 2020–2021 flu season. In comparison, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimated there were roughly 22,000 deaths in the prior season and 34,000 two seasons ago.

• Unfortunately, some authorities in my tiny region have said some less than true statements about ivermectin on national television. Said that it was dangerous and easy to overdose on, when it obviously is helping heal and relieve people. The current situation seems to be officially saying use at your own risk.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.