Covid-19 News

• French virologist Yves Gaudin pointed out that if an antibody response fails, "T cells don't serve much purpose".

He said he is "doubtful about the effectiveness of such a vaccine," emphasising that an ideal vaccine would be effective in both areas.

Is this true?

Many people have no antibodies to sarscov2 but have strong protection, up to 50%

• Deep state disinformation likely. They spin half truth half fiction to confuse public and pin the tail on the false donkey

• Just to keep some balance on the thread which seems a bit skewed towards evidenceless "deep state conspiracy" thinking.

The coronavirus vaccines have been spectacularly successful in those countries that have access (US, UK), have effective vaccination programs (US, UK) and have population who want to be vaccinated (UK - not so much US).

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/cases

(and for those suspicious of case figures the ONS random sample infection survery - which catches asymptomatic disease - is showing a similar decline).

The vaccines work better than expected against the original strain, and so far seem effective enough against the variants. And we know how to tweak them to cover nasty variants if such emerge (they may).

And we have a bonus effect that I thought it was highly relevant to post here. Vaccines seem good at upping broader immunity scores so for example show better than expected (on basis of the targetted disease alone) health benefits.

you all remember that those who have avoided getting flu vaccinations have a significantly higher chance of COVID infection?

And more...

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/368/6496/1187

perhaps one of the benefits to come out of this year of horror and dislocation will be a better understanding of immunology and appreciation of the benefits of vaccination...

If we can get beyond the social media lies of the anti-vaxers of course! luckily they do not seem to propagate so well in the Uk as some other places, but still I guess something to watch. People's ability to follow cults, of all kinds, is universal.

• On the subject of COVID as a military weapon - how could it possibly ever be used? It is in every way ineffective.

I don't doubt that the military everywhere will think about biological weapons. But a flu-like disease is really not a good bet, and COVID a bad option even within such diseases.

Of course, incompetence is universal so no-one could rule out an incompetent military attempt to make bioweapons. But other than a Chinese wish to cover things up (evidence of nothing except business as usual in China) the origins of COVID still look most likely zoonotic. Perhaps in 10 years time we will know more.

• The coronavirus vaccines have been spectacularly successful in those countries that have access (US, UK), have effective vaccination programs (US, UK) and have population who want to be vaccinated (UK - not so much US).

There may me a small degree of anit-vaxers here, but I think you and Jed completely miss the mark on what MOST of us here are frustrated with.

1) Vaccines do and can work and save millions. No doubt. I personally knew two people who had polio, it is not something to mess with. Polio is close to extinct now and it was vaccines that did it. So I wish people would get off the anti-vax wagon here. Probably not more than two people are anti-vaxxers here!

2) Most here are not vehemently against the Covid vaccines. Several here, me included, are very cautious about the MNRA stuff as it has not been deeply tested OVER TIME. Millions taking the jab over the past three months is NOT long term testing. There has been issues starting to come to light. So there is scientific reason to be cautious with this. There is a big difference between Polio vaccines and MRNA vaccines. The track record simply is not there yet.

3) The real frustration is that some people,..... seem to turn a complete blind eye to possible therapeutic remedies that were available long... long.. long... before the vaccines. These are showing that they could have saved MILLIONS of lives. Yet no criticism is given on this by the "Vaccine worshippers" here. It has become a political issue! To some, if you do not back the vaccines blindly, 100% and discourage ANYTHING but vaccines, you are a nut case, anti-science, anti-vaxxer. This is simply not the case. Rather, I am starring to think the opposite.... if one is a vaccine "warrior", they are the obsessed ones!

There are many good studies from qualified medical people that show Ivermectin works. The "Vaccine Warriors" seem to have to debunk this at all cost! Why? I agree that there is an agenda from some pharma, but why people on this post? It has become a religion it seems as well.

THH- please show me studies that show Ivermectin is harmful.... propaganda being dispensed by the "vaccine warriors". It simply is not.

Please show me the actual reason the many studies, over all, including thousands of participants and from many different, unrelated groups should not be deemed valid..... other than they show an alternative to vaccines. Groups that do not have a financial or power base at stake show that Ivermectin works. Yet you seem to want to discredit it. You cannot say the studies are bad... .if you do, then you should say the vaccine studies are bad as well... they do not have long term effects evaluated at all.

The vaccines are NOT available world wide. Ivermectin could have.. it still could be saving many. Why not use it?

Simply because some think you MUST use the vaccine and everything else MUST be prohibited. Even if it kills many people.

Can you give me good, sound medical studies that show Ivermectin harmful? No.

There are many good studies that show it very beneficial. Yours and Jed's opinion of these studies do not mean squat. No more so than anti-vaxxers opinion of vaccine studies do. People in the medical field, with NO MONEY AT STAKE, are saying ivermectin works...... you cannot say it does not nor even make a good argument against it. Sorry, but you have an opinion and it seems very weak on this subject.

This is what is causing the "Divide". Vaccine warriors have some innate drive to debunk any alternative to a vaccine and then they turn a blind eye to any negative subject about vaccines. There have been several countries stop using certain Covid vaccines.... there medical teams surely are more learned and experienced than Jed or THH??? There is reasons why they discontinued and they were valid reasons. Now after further study, perhaps all will continue with these vaccines, perhaps not... but in any case, there is no question that some vaccines have some issues. Period.... to deny this is denying your "science facts".

So I for one, wish people would stop lumping people into ball park categories. I am not an anti-vaxxer even though I have concerns about MRNA vaccines.... concerns that have valid foundations. Not that I am discounting them all together, but am simply very cautious until more is proven.

Those on here (nearly all) I know do fact checking and look for more than fringe medicine - but AFLDS are really dangerous to those less enlightened.

So please inform me why AFLDS is really dangerous. (I could not read your link as it required registering) Are these doctors motivated by money? Are they not trained and have false degrees? Are they insurgent political/military plants intending on disrupting the USA or world?

Or do they simply have a different view and opinion than the opinion of the author of the medpage article?

Seriously. What is the real issue here?

I can find many articles stating that a certain current president is ruining our country. There are many articles adamantly stating the previous president was ruining the country. They are all opinions. But what are the facts about AFLDS?

Please provide factual evidence that they are dangerous. They promote Ivermectin? Is that their crime? I imagine it really is just what I wrote above.... if one supports ANY ALTERNATIVE to the current vaccines, you MUST be vilified as the vaccines and ONLY the vaccines are to be promoted. Anything else is anathema .

• Had ivermectin been approved for use last September, there would have been no reason to approve an emergency use vaccine. Pretty much sums it up. Great post Bob. Thanks

• Absolute risk from BigPharma

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

interesting comment

"

As a physician, I have treated, or prophylaxed 100 patients with ivermectin.

66/70 have been better in 12-48 hours. Half of these were elderly, multiple co morbid high risk.

The other 4 started late in their course but still maintained O2 in the 90s and recovered within 3-5 days.

None ever required hospitalization.

Treated 2 neighbors in their 60s this week. Better in 18 hours.

Of the 30 patients I have prophylaxed, none have acquired Covid.

Historically it is an anti parasitic, working on a glutamate chloride channel which humans don’t possess.
    We have studied it against viruses for a decade and have known it has antiviral activity.

(Flaviviruses, yellow fever, dengue, Zika, Ebola, coronaviruses).

Against Covid the mechanisms of action are :
    1. Inhibits spike binding to the ACE2 receptor
    2. Inhibits the alpha/beta importing subunit that the virus uses as a taxi to ride into the cell
    3. Blocks a protease that allows the virus to unfold and fold itself
    4. Inhibits the virus from using the rna dependent rna polymerase
    Immune system effects and hence efficacy in the early inflammatory, full inflammatory and post inflammatory phases of the disease
    5. Stimulates the nucleus to upregulate nuclear cellular interferon production, which stimulates surrounding cells to do the same. The virus high jacks and decreases interferon early. Ivermectin reverses this viral effect. Increased interferon balances the TH1 /TH2 responses and hence decreases inflammatory cytokines.
    6. Balances extra cellular neutrophilic traps thereby decreasing fibrosis and lung damage.
    Covid death and damage is primarily from clotting
    7. Ivermectin binds to the platelet, red cell and endothelial CD147 receptor, and thereby acts as an anticoagulant. Sars Cov 2 binds this receptor to cause clotting. Ivermectin reverses that.

Ivermectin saves lives!
    I have used and seen this work phenomenally first hand.

• today The FDA will approve the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for kids 12-15. A group that has a very low rate of transmission and infection. Maybe one of our vaccine experts can tell us why you inject a drug into a group of individuals, healthy and with very low chance of infection and transmission. Better life through chemicals??? Insane!!!!

• perhaps one of the benefits to come out of this year of horror and dislocation will be a better understanding of immunology and appreciation of the benefits of vaccination...

Yes some people will get the Dr. Mengele award for forced testing of experimental drugs among over 1 Billion people without any serious tests and and e.g. a faked phase III Study by Pfizer.

The vaccines work better than expected against the original strain, and so far seem effective enough against the variants. And we know how to tweak them to cover nasty variants if such emerge (they may).

I do not oppose to vaccinate the people age > 65. Unluckily nobody tells the younger, that we can end the epidemic much simpler with Ivermectin.

Switzerland has shown that lock downs and forced outdoor wearing masks increases the CoV-19 death rate by a factor of 2-3. We never had these measures in place and have 1/3 of deaths of neighbor countries with measures.

The big pharma experts warned to open restaurants and allowing team sports - but the opposite happened. Figures went way down....

today The FDA will approve the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for kids 12-15

These folks are highly criminal minds. We here had no death among people younger 35. Allowing untested vaccines to be used among children will possibly lead to dramatic follow up reactions. As a doctor doing this job I would pay for a body guard in case something happened...

but AFLDS are really dangerous to those less enlightened.

Citation: On July 29, 2020, we reported that many members of America's Frontline Doctors, a physician group that spread misinformation about the pandemic, had little to no experience treating COVID-19 patients.

Yes: AFLDS is the worst Big pharma trumpet. Who else could claim that frontline doctors have no contact to CoV-19?

• Is COVID-19 a new disease?

https://www.news-medical.net/a…VID-19-a-new-disease.aspx

In a review recently published in The Lancet Respiratory Medicine journal by Osuchowski et al. (May 6th, 2021) the currently known pathophysiology of COVID-19 is laid out to describe the mechanistic features that make COVID-19 distinct from many conditions previously thought to be similar.

Even given the unprecedented scientific scrutiny aimed at severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) since the beginning of the pandemic, the scientific community is only at the early stages of understanding the infectivity and transmissibility of the virus, the mechanisms behind the frequently observed acute respiratory manifestations in severe cases, and the associated lingering symptoms known as long COVID, the result of dysregulated immunomodulation. Some of the key points from the review are discussed below.

Comparison with other coronaviruses

The coronavirus family contains several human pathogens, with SARS-CoV-2 being genetically similar to SARS-CoV, and slightly less so with MERS-CoV.

The mortality rate of SARS-CoV is almost 10% compared to the much lower rates reported for SARS-CoV-2, particularly once counting asymptomatic cases. However, there were only around 8,000 cases of SARS-CoV in 2003. MERS-CoV had a higher rate still, around one-third, though fortunately, there were only around 2,500 cases in 2012.

The much broader transmissibility of SARS-CoV-2 is thought to be related to initial infection in the upper airways, with viral loads being observed to peak earlier than in the other coronaviruses.

There is a robust and long-term T-cell response to the SARS-CoV-2 challenge, and this has been shown to provide protective immunity from reinfection in most cases.

Antibody production is usually correlated to T-cell response, though an uncoupled response has been reported in COVID-19 as antibody response is strongly tied to disease severity, with mild or asymptomatic cases sometimes producing low or undetectable responses

Cross-reactivity in T-cell response between SARS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2 has been demonstrated, with around 20-50% of the population additionally reportedly bearing pre-existing T-cell responses to SARS-CoV-2 related to exposure to common human coronaviruses, four of which are common colds, while antibody cross-reactivity is rare.

Severe COVID-19

The authors advise caution regarding the commonly reported cytokine storm induced by COVID-19, stating that though an increased systemic response is not in question, it is in fact lower than that observed in acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) induced by other causes.

Post-mortem studies of lungs have also found varying results and similarly raised cytokine levels are observed in influenza. The ACE2 receptor can also be more heavily expressed elsewhere in the body than the lungs, namely the small intestine and heart. Though studies have demonstrated that these organs are also affected, they do not bear potentially cytokine-related effects to nearly the same degree.

Severe COVID-19 is associated with many thrombotic events in the lungs, endothelial inflammation, pleural effusion, and pulmonary edema induced by an unusual phenomenon termed silent hypoxemia, where a patient has critically low oxygen pressure but appears to be in only mild respiratory discomfort. The reason for this condition is not yet entirely apparent, nor is the mechanism by which SARS-CoV-2 spreads from the upper to the lower respiratory tract, which tends to distinguish mild from severe COVID-19.

The authors describe two currently preferred theories: aspiration of virus particles released from the upper airway or direct infection of the lower respiratory tract via breathing.

Impact and conclusions

In summing up, the authors declare that a new infectious profile is evident in SARS-CoV-2. Some older coronaviruses such as hCoV-229E or hCoV-NL63 (common colds) infect the upper airway and cause mild-to-moderate respiratory disease, while more highly pathogenic coronaviruses have previously been seen to settle further into the lower respiratory tract, resulting in more severe pneumonia and ARDS.

SARS-CoV-2 shares features of each of these subspecies, infecting the upper airways and then progressing into the lower tract and resulting in ARDS only in severe cases.

Compared to SARS-CoV or influenza, COVID-19 disease more frequently results in multi-organ failure and thromboembolic events, and endothelial and epithelial infection also dominates SARS-CoV-2 infections, rather than alveolar-centered infections.

COVID-19 patients also exhibit heightened but variable levels of proinflammatory cytokines for a more extended period of time than those infected with influenza, though levels are often lower than those seen in patients with non-COVID-related ARDS. A dysregulated host response is associated with viral load the severity of disease, and evidence suggests that it is poor response control by the host that leads to severe COVID-19. SARS-CoV-2 appears to be associated with inducing this dysregulation and generates a unique and as yet poorly understood inflammatory profile.

Given the similarity of COVID induced ARDS to ARDS by other means, the authors deem many of the critical clinical responses employed for those with severe SARS-CoV-2 infection to have been appropriate, though also stress that COVID-19 should be considered a new entity with distinct pathophysiology and should be studied without preconceptions based on other diseases.

Future research prioritized by the group includes establishing the molecular basis for the lower pathogenicity observed in SARS-CoV-2 than SARS-CoV, and the development of precise predictive thresholds for disease progression.

Regarding severe COVID-19 and the development of long COVID, the role of pre-existing and acquired T-cell immunity in COVID-19 must be elucidated, and optimum anti-coagulative and immunomodulatory strategies must be developed to combat late-stage disease until better preventative measures can be put in place.

• Would that 'we' be all of Georgia or just the royal JR..'we'. ?

First of all, India should go back to masks and social distancing. They held the pandemic at bay with this successfully, until recently. Look at the curves:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/india/

Second, the entire world should rush vaccines and oxygen to India. Especially the U.S. We have many extras now because unfortunately, the U.S. now has extra vaccines, because so many people do not want them. In Georgia, about a third of the adult population says they will not get vaccinated. The Death Cult is responsible for this. They have blood on their hands.

If sending them ivermectin also helps, by all means do so. It may not help, but it probably will not harm them.

• Maybe one of our vaccine experts can tell us why you inject a drug into a group of individuals, healthy and with very low chance of infection and transmission. Better life through chemicals??? Insane!!!!

It does not take an expert. Any newspaper gives the reasons: 1. Children are at risk for the disease, including long term effects. 2. Children can spread the disease to others.

I would add: 3. Because many adults are refusing to be vaccinated, without the children we will not achieve herd immunity. A few hundred thousand more people will die without herd immunity. There is no risk to the children so it is best to do this, but I would prefer to see adults step and and do what is right for the community, to stop this disease with herd immunity. Two groups of adults will not take it: Death Cult members and those who have been duped by them; and cowards, who want children to do what they themselves should do.

• Had ivermectin been approved for use last September, there would have been no reason to approve an emergency use vaccine.

It can't be that good. In places where it is being used the pandemic is still sickening and killing many people. From what I have read ivermectin is supposed to be a cure rather than preventive. (Perhaps it is both?) Vaccines are also far better than a cure. Far cheaper, safer and more effective. As you see in the UK and Israel, they eliminate the disease with no need for any other drugs or therapy. Ivermectin is not needed with the vaccines.

• Time to investigate the investigators. This is a perfect example of why I, myself question the Covid vaccine!!!

A Gloucester woman died after being vaccinated. A state investigation ruled she had COVID-19, but the family disagrees.

https://www.pilotonline.com/ne…nmak6jar3uf3ee-story.html

The state’s investigation into a woman’s death shortly after receiving a coronavirus vaccine ruled that the shot did not contribute to the fatality but she had COVID-19 and suffered other medical complications.

The family of Drene Keyes, a 58-year-old Gloucester resident who died in January, disputes that determination. They paid for an independent medical examination that Keyes’ daughter, Lisa Jones, says conflicts with the state’s findings.

The private investigation, which included an autopsy, indicated negative COVID-19 test results and evidence of a blood clot that investigators believed was linked to the administration of a COVID-19 vaccine, she said.

Keyes received a first dose of Pfizer vaccine Jan. 30 and died shortly after at VCU Tappahannock Hospital. A report documenting her case in the federal Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System said she began having trouble breathing in the parking lot of her vaccination site about 20 minutes after getting the shot. She then began vomiting every 20 to 30 seconds

Keyes was treated at the site with epinephrine shots in her leg and arm and medicine through an oxygen mask, according to the report. When medics transferred her to a stretcher to get her in an ambulance, she became unresponsive.

The state’s investigation, which did not include an autopsy, ruled she died naturally — of complications arising from hypertensive cardiovascular disease and COVID-19, according to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. Other significant conditions, it said, were Type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, obesity and hypoventilation syndrome, a breathing disorder.

The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner is unable to comment on the death of Ms. Keyes other than to confirm the cause and manner of death,” chief medical examiner Dr. William Gormley said in a statement released to The Virginian-Pilot on Friday. “Ms. Keyes did not experience an anaphylactic reaction. We continue to offer our heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of Ms. Keyes.”

Severe and sudden allergic reactions after COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be extremely rare, federal health officials say. Over 245 million shots were administered in the United States from mid-December through April. During that time, the federal surveillance system received 4,178 reports of death, or about 2-5 per million vaccinations. The existence of a report does not necessarily mean a vaccine caused the death, officials say.

In March, Jones said the family decided to get a private autopsy because the state did not perform one. At the time, her relatives hoped it would shed more light on what happened to Keyes, a church minister and supervisor for the Middle Peninsula Northern Neck Community Services Board.

“The examiner showed from the autopsy that there was a clot, bilateral pulmonary embolism, that they believe, in their medical opinion, resulted from medical treatment of the COVID vaccine, that led to her pulmonary edema,” she said. “And those were the direct cause of death.”

The private investigation, conducted by Epiarx Diagnostics, also took samples from multiple areas of Keyes’ respiratory tract, not just nasal pharyngeal swabs, Jones said. Those specimens showed negative results for COVID-19, from rapid and molecular PCR tests.

“It did give us comfort to know the truth, especially when we pretty much argued over and over again with the medical examiner to request that they do the autopsy, and they declined, every time,” she said.

The Virginia Department of Health declined to say if, when or how its COVID-19 tests were performed, stating it was protected health information.

It also has not received the family’s private autopsy report.

“We would be glad to review it,” said Tammie Smith, a health department spokeswoman.

How Virginia chose to investigate Keyes’ death will influence how federal agencies view the case. When the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is alerted to a fatality through the surveillance system, for instance, it does not perform its own tests. Rather, the CDC looks at documents provided to it, such as hospital records, death certificates and autopsy reports.

The findings of a relationship between a vaccine and a fatal medical emergency rely on the opinions of those who treated and examined the patients.

In a previous statement from Gormley released through a spokeswoman two months ago, severe allergic reactions generally can be ruled out through blood work. When anaphylaxis — a severe allergic reaction — happens, itching, rash and swelling come on quickly and can obstruct the airway. During the inflammatory reaction, mast cells release a high level of an enzyme known as tryptase. If the deceased person’s tryptase level is normal, that person did not suffer a life-threatening allergic reaction.

Depending on the case, Gormley’s staff decide whether to conduct an autopsy. They choose “the least invasive procedures required to document the cause and manner of death and answer specific questions related to public safety,” according to a statement.

Emails obtained through the Freedom of Information Act reveal state employees’ discussions of her tryptase level. Though slightly elevated, Virginia pathologists did not think it was high enough to point to anaphylaxis.

On Feb. 4, five days after Keyes’ death, Dr. Chrystal Van Dusen, assistant chief medical examiner, told supervisors: “Review of medical literature indicates a postmortem level of >30 ug/L would be more concerning for an anaphylactic reaction.”

Their results showed a level of 15.7, she said.

• It does not take an expert. Any newspaper gives the reasons: 1. Children are at risk for the disease, including long term effects. 2. Children can spread the disease to others.

I would add: 3. Because many adults are refusing to be vaccinated, without the children we will not achieve herd immunity. A few hundred thousand more people will die without herd immunity. There is no risk to the children so it is best to do this, but I would prefer to see adults step and and do what is right for the community, to stop this disease with herd immunity. Two groups of adults will not take it: Death Cult members and those who have been duped by them; and cowards, who want children to do what they themselves should do.

You are such a fool, herd imunity is impossible to achieve with a mutating virus and a vaccine that does not prevent iinfection. But go ahead and continue to post your crap, no one pays any attention to you anymore anyways!!!

• In Georgia, about a third of the adult population says they will not get vaccinated. The Death Cult is responsible for this. They have blood on their hands.

The death cult is JED's home. Death cult = Free masons and at college recruiting - sculls & bones the FM junior school.

There is no risk to the children

Said by a man age >80... That also did cheat all people here about the details of the Mizuno experiment....

A report documenting her case in the federal Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System said she began having trouble breathing in the parking lot of her vaccination site about 20 minutes after getting the shot. She then began vomiting every 20 to 30 seconds

Good example that shows that Pfizer pays the doctors for making false death certificates.

So in reality the Pfizer vaccine death count is 10-20x of what is in VERS.

• It can't be that good. In places where it is being used the pandemic is still sickening and killing many people. From what I have read ivermectin is supposed to be a cure rather than preventive. (Perhaps it is both?) Vaccines are also far better than a cure. Far cheaper, safer and more effective. As you see in the UK and Israel, they eliminate the disease with no need for any other drugs or therapy. Ivermectin is not needed with the vaccines.

The countries that use it across the board have Covid in check but I don't think you'll even bother to check on this as it will reveal you are an ignorant uninformed poster and providing big pharma propaganda. I shall now think of you as he the minister of propaganda and Huxley as your right hand man

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.