Covid-19 News

• Sperm Parameters Before and After COVID-19 mRNA Vaccination

https://jamanetwork.com/journa…ntent=tfl&utm_term=061721

Two mRNA vaccines, BNT162b2 (Pfizer-BioNTech) and mRNA-1273 (Moderna), received Emergency Use Authorization from the US Food and Drug Administration. Despite high efficacy and few adverse events found in clinical trials, only 56% of individuals in the US reported wanting to receive the vaccine.1 One of the reasons for vaccine hesitancy is the potential negative effect on fertility.2 Because reproductive toxicity was not evaluated in the clinical trials and SARS-CoV-2 has been associated with decreases in sperm parameters,3 we assessed sperm parameters before and after mRNA vaccine administration

Methods

This single-center prospective study at the University of Miami recruited healthy volunteers aged 18 to 50 years scheduled for mRNA COVID-19 vaccine through flyers posted throughout the university hospital and internal listserve emails. The University of Miami institutional review board approved the study and written informed consent was obtained from all participants.

Men were prescreened to ensure they had no underlying fertility issues. Those with COVID-19 symptoms or a positive test result within 90 days were excluded. Participants provided a semen sample after 2 to 7 days of abstinence, prior to receiving the first vaccine dose and approximately 70 days after the second. Semen analyses were performed by trained andrologists per World Health Organization guidelines and included semen volume, sperm concentration, sperm motility, and total motile sperm count (TMSC).4 Individuals with oligospermia (sperm concentration <15 million/mL) were included. After calculating data distribution on normality test, medians and interquartile ranges (IQRs) were reported for all variables. Wilcoxon rank sum test was used to compare pre- and postvaccination semen parameters. Change in TMSC is presented graphically. Statistical analysis was performed with SPSS version 24 (IBM). A 2-tailed P value less than .05 was considered statistically significant

Results

Between December 17, 2020, and January 12, 2021, 45 men volunteered (median age, 28 years [IQR, 25-31]); follow-up samples were obtained at a median of 75 days (IQR, 70-86) after the second dose. The study ended on April 24, 2021. Baseline samples were obtained after a median abstinence period of 2.8 days (IQR, 2-3) and follow-up samples after a median of 3 days (IQR, 3-4). Of the 45 men, 21 (46.7%) received BNT162b2 and 24 (53.3%) received mRNA-1273. Baseline sperm concentration and TMSC were 26 million/mL (IQR, 19.5-34) and 36 million (IQR, 18-51), respectively. After the second vaccine dose, the median sperm concentration significantly increased to 30 million/mL (IQR, 21.5-40.5; P = .02) and the median TMSC to 44 million (IQR, 27.5-98; P = .001). Semen volume and sperm motility also significantly increased (Table)

Eight of the 45 men were oligospermic before the vaccine (median concentration, 8.5 million/mL [IQR, 5.1-12]). Of these 8, 7 men had increased sperm concentration to normozoospermic range at follow-up (median concentration, 22 million/mL [IQR, 17-25.5]), and 1 man remained oligospermic. No man became azoospermic after the vaccine.

The waterfall plot shows the within-participant change in TMSC from baseline (range, −22 million to 93 million) for each man (Figure).

Discussion

In this study of sperm parameters before and after 2 doses of a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine, there were no significant decreases in any sperm parameter among this small cohort of healthy men. Because the vaccines contain mRNA and not the live virus, it is unlikely that the vaccine would affect sperm parameters. While these results showed statistically significant increases in all sperm parameters, the magnitude of change is within normal individual variation and may be influenced by regression to the mean.5 Additionally, the increase may be due to the increased abstinence time before the second sample. Men with oligospermia did not experience further decline.

The limitations of the study include the small number of men enrolled; limited generalizability beyond young, healthy men; short follow-up; and lack of a control group. In addition, while semen analysis is the foundation of male fertility evaluation, it is an imperfect predictor of fertility potential. Despite this, the study’s time frame encompasses the full life cycle of sperm

• Official Post

From the liberal LA Times:

https://www.latimes.com/scienc…arditis-coronavirus-today

"now some medical experts are beginning to challenge the idea that this full-steam-ahead vaccination strategy ought to apply to children"

"After contending with the coronavirus for more than a year, it’s clear that children are less likely than adults to become severely ill or to die of COVID-19. Nor do they seem to spread the virus as efficiently as adults. With those things in mind — plus the fact that the pandemic appears to be winding down in the U.S. — there’s time to slow down and weigh the risks and benefits for kids more carefully, argues Dr. Martin Makary, a public health expert at Johns Hopkins University."

“But no one is thinking like this,” he said. “We’ve converted now from being pro-vaccine to vaccine fanaticism.”

• True, at the moment and authorities here does not recommend vaccinating children due to less testing against the young and the mild case they get when they get it. But, as a father I am concerned now that there is a pressure for the virus to mutate towards either overcome the immune response of the vaccine or to overcome the reasons why children seam to be better to fight off the virus or both. It may happen that suddenly it is starting to spread amongst the young and the deadliness of such mutations is unknown. The Spanish flue event is ringing badly in my ears where the dead ones was mostly amongst the young. I'm leaning towards waiting for new test results though as if the virus changes we do have the vaccine and can vaccinate the young ones if needed, but it will, in that case, be a nerve wracking race.

• IVERMECTIN:: Nature paper (positive!) :: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41429-021-00430-5.pdf

then I found this,

not toxic or?

I prefer to do my own fact checking. Heart inflammation due to RNA vaccines is the most often seen side effect among younger. Certainly only caused by spike protein. Further the Japanese (Luciferase) study shows that the spike protein migrates to almost all tissue. Originally the Pfizer researchers did believe it will stay in your arm muscle.

What does this protein? It blocks a pathway of the human immune system and local infection can amplify.

Switzerland now has close to 100 reported deaths after vaccination for about 3mio vaccinated. No fact check needed. Its from the state Rotary run covid site: https://www.swissmedic.ch/swis…ines-safety-update-1.html.

With Ivermectin nobody would die, except people that are not going to a doctor or believe in a flue myth.

The Spanish flue event is ringing badly in my ears where the dead ones was mostly amongst the young. I'

Such facts is, what leads hyper sensible people to irrational actions like the vaccination of children. The real danger is your mind.

CoV-19 is no flu.

Lets repeat:

- 97% of all dead from Cov-19 are older that 65 years. (Average age of all deaths 84 years!)

- Only very few people younger than 35 did die. Almost all on chemo therapy.

- 75% of all people do not even notice that they had CoV-19.

- from the 25% with symptoms 80% have only cold like problem.

5% have strong symptoms and are/were victims of our Dr.Mengle medicine system, that gives /gave them no treatment albeit we always did know HCQ+combo works & Ivermectin works brilliantly.

The real problem is that most younger completely lost all sense of live as their existence happens inside Facebook, Twitter, Instagram only. These today are the prime FM/R/J terror media, that censor all negative messages about vaccines or even worse positive ones about HCQ/Ivermectin.

• The link to heart inflamation is suspect but I think it is way to early to jump into conclusions now. The badness is not as bad as getting covid according to this source inflamations and therfore they recommend the vaccine to young ones. The analysis has not yet concluded a relationship between the vaccine and these problems, but professionals seam to think the number of reported cases probably are above normal incidence. Also it is not clear that it is the spike protein that cause it, but they do list it as a possible cause to investigate. We will see what comes.

Being cautions about the future, well yes today kids do not get sick, but kids both do not get infected as much and at the same time ha less severe issues then elderly. Do you know if these two have the same reason or not? If the reason for this is correlated then it is not unlikely that you both get an uglier virus and more transmittable amongst kids and already today the bad side of covid for young ones are more severe than the potential side effects according to the source linked above. But I will monitor this issue as it develops while we wait, it will take some months before we start getting to those ages in our vaccination programme.

• If the reason for this is correlated then it is not unlikely that you both get an uglier virus and more transmittable amongst kids and already today the bad side of covid for young ones are more severe than the potential side effects according to the source linked above.

As said: Either you follow Dr. Mengele or you give you kid with CoV-19 once some few mg Ivermectin and the story is over. Ivermectin is well tested among children.

Children have much fewer ACE-2 receptors in the upper airway = less entry doors for virus. Children are best trained from daily exposure to Rhinovirus and common corona virus. So most of them will have 0 reaction to CoV-19. For the same reason adults with children are far less affected, what shows that CoV-19 is a social problem not a medical only one.

- Doing sports reduces your risk by 75%

- VD-3 - daily sun party - reduces your risk for strong CoV-19 by 97%!!

- Taking Zinc and using the right masks (FP98) is the other game changer.

For me any experimental vaccination is at least a 1000x higher risk than getting CoV-19 and taking Ivermectin to cure it.

• Official Post

Jesus christ what a craze in brazil

He'll on earth

And the doctor mengele awards goes to...

I say the Mengele award goes to the so called journalist that wrote this anti Ivermectin, and President Bolsonaro hit piece. She is literally trying to scare poor, uneducated Brazilians away from using the one safe, cheap drug (along with Vit D, and HCQ) they have available, that studies show can save their life. Without it, their preventative care is the same as ours....waiting until they are sick enough to go to the hospital, most likely to die.

Funny also...if you read between the lines, many of those she interviews are using the "drug cocktail", and think it works. If not, at least it is worth the try they say. Sounds like what most of us here concluded well over a year ago.

• he is literally trying to scare poor, uneducated Brazilians away from using the one safe, cheap drug (along with Vit D, and HCQ) they have available, that studies show can save their life.

That is incorrect. 29% of the population in Brazil has been vaccinated. Vaccines are available to everyone for free. There will soon be enough to vaccinate the rest of the population.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

https://news.cgtn.com/news/202…ent-W2X8SZ4nOo/index.html

You should refrain from making statements that are patently false.

I do not know whether ivermectin or any other drug can reduce infections and deaths. The data on this is mixed. However, there is absolutely no doubt that that vaccine reduces infections by a factor of 20 or more, and it eliminates all but a handful of deaths. It is also far cheaper than any course with ivermectin or any other drug, because you only need it once, and there is virtually no chance you will get sick and be forced to take time off or take other drugs to reduce the symptoms.

• I say the Mengele award goes to the so called journalist that wrote this anti Ivermectin, and President Bolsonaro hit piece. She is literally trying to scare poor, uneducated Brazilians away from using the one safe, cheap drug (along with Vit D, and HCQ) they have available, that studies show can save their life. Without it, their preventative care is the same as ours....waiting until they are sick enough to go to the hospital, most likely to die.

Funny also...if you read between the lines, many of those she interviews are using the "drug cocktail", and think it works. If not, at least it is worth the try they say. Sounds like what most of us here concluded well over a year ago.

I do not get it. Brazil was using these drugs extensivly and still had super high number of cases and deaths back in April. It is not a wonder drug is my conclusion, perhaps improving the odds.

• That is incorrect. 29% of the population in Brazil has been vaccinated.

Unfortunately they are mainly using the Chinese vaccine, which is only ~50% effective according to most sources. But it is better than nothing. See:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/b…-deaths-by-95-11622479864

(I saw a free version of this article somewhere, but I cannot find it.)

The numbers in Brazil are still high but not increasing. The disaster would be much worse without the vaccines.

• Official Post

That is incorrect. 29% of the population in Brazil has been vaccinated. Vaccines are available to everyone for free. There will soon be enough to vaccinate the rest of the population.

I did not mean to leave out the vaccine. I am all for it for those at high risk. I have been vaccinated myself. And certainly those in Brazil will benefit once it is widely distributed.

But as you said, so far only 29% have been vaccinated. What do you expect them to do if they get COVID while they wait for their shot? Like here in the US and EU, there are no official preventative medical protocols other than face masks, distancing, lockdowns, etc., or effective outpatient treatments once infected. All they can do, like us, is wait until sick enough for the hospital, where they have a very good chance of dying.

But they do have an option in Ivermectin. Yes, as you said the studies are "mixed", but is that a good reason *not* to take it, given the alternatives?

• A tablet can be selfadministered ... no fridge.. no sterile procedure..no health professional

unlike an injection..

But ivermectin administration is patchy in Brazil..

seems to have worked in Itajai..

but food not Covid is a problem for many..

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-56765150

olha o video por favor

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

There goes The “sticky skin” and “friction against the skin” theories:

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That's why you need IVERMECTIN that stops replication --> new mutations. Vaccines won't help here.

Swiss infections go down with a weekly rate of 30-40% now. So bad news for people that want a vaccine pass. Nobody will need it within a few weeks....

The original vaccines have remained effective over two (successful) take-over variants - alpha and delta. They will not last forever, but can easily and quickly be tweaked for activity against escape mutations. A booster once a year looks like it will be enough?

It is proven from

https://www.thelancet.com/jour…-5370(20)30464-8/fulltext

that Ivermectin administered at pretty high but tolerable doses does not prevent replication. It may however reduce replication - and that is a good thing.

The evidence for it actually doing this I'm trying to find. for example this RCT:

https://www.medrxiv.org/conten…02.02.21250840v1.full.pdf

Look at the PCR negative status. What do those figures mean? if they mean patients who are PCR negative on the given sample but PCR positive on the previous sample the problem is that the total numbers add up to more than the total number of patients. Or, if just PCR negative the low control arm negativity after two weeks makes no sense.

The study was registered, and expected to finish July 2020, but has not yet added results to its registration page - which is weird?

More generally this meta-study finds no evidence for Ivermectin.

Here is an interesting (and balanced) discussion of the reasons why Ivermectin has been politicised and the dilemma: should doctors or scientists control what drugs are given to patients in these situation.

https://www.bmj.com/content/37…c3db&keytype2=tf_ipsecsha

I was interested in the reasons why the "its cheap, and it does not harm, so why not use it even though there is no valid evidence for it" argument does not dominate decisions.

lenr-forum.com/attachment/17494/

I don't see any data related to cardiac cases in 30 and under. You might want to research that before giving a glowing vaccine report. And are you reporting a new vaccine side affect, mind control? I'll put that under cons!

Fm1 - let us take a step back and consider the real decisions here?

Would you personally - if in UK and otherwise unvaccinated - take the Pfizer vaccine? It would be great to hear your judgement of the personal risk/reward in areas with high delta covid rate, and also whether, in your case, the broader "good for my family, and society in general" considerations weigh. And, how would your decision change if you were a different age - e.g. obviously younger => less covid risk. The AstraZeneca vaccine has higher (but still very low) blood clot risk. Pfizer has no evidence of adding to blood clot risk, but has some evidence of at a very low level of producing short-term cardiac inflammation. When i say some evidence I don't know how it will pan out, just that no-one has died that way in the UK and an awful lot of people have been vaccinated.

• Magnets and LENR

Well, magnetic fields might be relevant to LENR. Not much evidence that I am aware - but LENR, if it exists, is not understood. There are things, like (one example) electron shielding, obviously relevant and possible mechanisms.

Magnets sticking to people who have had vaccines?

I don't believe in censorship, but the people arguing this are in cloud cuckoo land. There is no possible mechanism that stacks up quantitatively. You need a large magnetic interaction to have any appreciable stickiness effect. Nothing in the human body fits.

Why do I find this patently false argument so unpleasant? Because it is an example of conspiracy theory thinking, where factual analysis does not matter and any associative link is turned into a probably theory.

It is doing a lot of harm at the moment - not just in politics - but generally to people's ability to understand and act with good sense in the world.

Magnets in anti-gravity devices

Zero evidence, and no plausible mechanism

Magnets and mystery cures

Sure - yes - Cosi Fan Tutte is on of my favourite operas so how could I dispute that

:)

• Myocarditis and Pfizer -

from my link in previous post (risks):

In fact, as mentioned earlier, one of the viruses that could cause myocarditis or pericarditis is the Covid-19 coronavirus. As described by a recent publication in JAMA Cardiology, a study used cardiac testing to screen competitive athletes in the Big 10 conference who had Covid-19 for any evidence of myocarditis. When just checking for symptoms and not using cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), 0.31% ended up being diagnosed with myocarditis. Adding cardiac MRIs bumped this number up to 2.3%, meaning that many athletes had myocarditis without having noticeable symptoms.

So keep these numbers in mind when looking at the myocarditis cases after vaccination against Covid-19. A total of 226 cases after vaccination would still make such events very rare and lower than the numbers that might be expected after a Covid-19 coronavirus infection. After all, over 4.85 million doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine and over 4.03 million doses of the Moderna vaccine had already been administered by May 29. Using your abacus and finger and toes to make the appropriate calculates would yield rates of about 2.8 cases of myocarditis or pericarditis per one million first doses administered and 16.1 cases per million second doses administered.

However that leaves out the fact that those 5M vaccines are disproportionately weighted towards older people, so i'm not sure what the number would be in a younger population? I wish people would give more honest statistical comparisons.

Whatever your judgment of risk/reward here you have the fact (as with blood clots) that COVID causes myocarditis at a relatively high rate. these vaccine side-effects are very low probability. Without vaccination most people will catch covid at some point, so you can make a direct comparison.

THH

• Such fake studies are silly as we exactly (Isarel study with daily PCR) know that IVERMECTIN speeds up the clearing by two days. Anybody that looks at mild patient after 7 days commits science fraud. You have to check after 2 latest 3 days.

I do not get it. Brazil was using these drugs extensivly and still had super high number of cases and deaths back in April.

Correct: Manaus stopped Zikka with Ivermectin and also CoV-19 until may 2020 then the mafia stopped Ivermectin and HCQ...

I was interested in the reasons why the "its cheap, and it does not harm, so why not use it even though there is no valid evidence for it" argument does not dominate decisions.

THH: You are a professional cheater and FM mafia trumpet. Please stop this nonsense postings as we know your job is to divert people as you do in LENR too.

1.2 Billion people today trust in Ivermectin. The CoV-19 cases have been reduce 7x globally in India and > 100x locally in Delhi just with Ivermectin.

Can you explain why else India should have a 7x reduction in cases and Delhi > 100x ????

• I advised my daughter (23) to get vaccinated ASAP: with whatever vaccine is available - I'd have a small preference for Pfizer, out of Pfizer and Astrazeneca - the two common options in the UK.

The rise in the delta variant here made that advice a no brainer - previously I was less clear on the personal merits given low covid death rates at that age, though still vaccine is worth it personally. And of course she went ahead and did it anyway based on the whole population benefits of reducing R.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.