Covid-19 News

• Flu also had exponential death/age characteristic (whenever a new strain emerges)

Like your brain that also seem to follow exponential decay. May be a vaccine effect. Most victims of a very strong flue are very young as these never had a mild flu before and thus no cross immunity. I guess you mixed up yearly flue events and strong flu events.

What the paper says:: It is well accepted that older persons (aged over 45 to55 years of age) were spared in the 1918 A(H1N1)

Totally different characteristics than CoV-19

When will you once read a paper before you link it and comment on it???

Did you understand the term attack rate ???

• Old Lady Justice and the COVID-19 Pandemic

Old Lady Justice and the COVID-19 Pandemic
    Note that views expressed in this opinion article are the writer’s personal views and not necessarily those of TrialSite. Dr. Ron Brown – Opinion
    trialsitenews.com

Dr. Ron Brown – Opinion Editorial

July 23, 2021

A reader recently asked me the following questions about the research I’ve conducted during the COVID-19 pandemic: “Have any of your fellow researchers disagreed with your findings? Do you mean to tell me every one of your colleagues researching similar subjects are in total agreement with you? Be honest, has anyone raised questions about your research?” The reader asks very important questions. I have published over a dozen articles in the National Library of Medicine of the National Institutes of Health, including three articles on the COVID-19 pandemic.

Public Health Lessons Learned From Biases in Coronavirus Mortality Overestimation (cambridge.org)

Medicina | Free Full-Text | Outcome Reporting Bias in COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine Clinical Trials (mdpi.com)

Medicina | Free Full-Text | Sodium Toxicity in the Nutritional Epidemiology and Nutritional Immunology of COVID-19 (mdpi.com)

All of my research has passed rigorous review by peer researchers, otherwise it wouldn’t be published in peer-reviewed journals and cited by other researchers. Even if people don’t agree with my point of view or interpretation, they haven’t been able to dispute my findings based on the evidence. In other words, people’s personal opinions and agendas don’t matter. All that matters is the evidence. When I publish my findings in peer-reviewed journals, you can be assured that the evidence supporting the findings is valid, until someone comes up with something better.

Moreover, if people can present better evidence and refute my findings, then I will go along with it, knowledge advances, and everyone benefits. That’s how scientific knowledge progresses. Think of it like a court case. When I present my case, there is always going to be an opposing side. But the lady wearing the blind fold (Justice) weighs the evidence on a scale, and determines the truth by comparing the weight of the evidence on each side. The blind fold on Old Lady Justice means she is unbiased about which side is true. All that matters is which evidence carries the most weight, beyond a reasonable doubt.

In reality, the system isn’t perfect, of course. Biases can corrupt the process. That is why the review process must remain transparent and open to critical appraisal. For example, see my peer-reviewed critical appraisal of bias in the clinical trials of the COVID-19 mRNA vaccines. Medicina | Free Full-Text | Outcome Reporting Bias in COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine Clinical Trials (mdpi.com).

There is a natural flow of scientific information published in peer reviewed journals, from descriptions of empirical observations, to establishment of statistically significant associations, to development of explanatory theories, to testing hypotheses in experiments and trials—all of it evidence-based and presented in a process known as the scientific method. The evidence becomes stronger as information progresses from the observational stage to the experimental and trial stage. One cannot draw the same conclusions from observational evidence as from clinical trial or laboratory evidence, as often occurs during the pandemic when people make claims based on whether a person is vaccinated or not. These claims pay no attention to the clinical evidence showing that the COVID-19 mRNA vaccine absolute risk reduction is approximately 1%, having barely any clinical impact at all.

CDC’s biased undercount of COVID-19 breakthrough infections (trialsitenews.com);

AP analysis doesn’t prove COVID-19 vaccines prevent deaths (trialsitenews.com).

Null Hypothesis and Type I Error

If a researcher asserts that a new idea or hypothesis is true, the scientific method immediately posts a warning sign on it, known as the null hypothesis. The purpose of the null hypothesis is not just to annoy science students who must prove that their alternative hypothesis is true before they can reject the null hypothesis. After all, if you can prove your alternative hypothesis is true, why bother with the null hypothesis at all? Please understand that the purpose of the null hypothesis is to protect the truth! To reject the null hypothesis without sufficient proof is to reject the truth, known as a type I error.

Currently, the “fiasco” undermining the COVID-19 pandemic is based on one huge type I error, because, as epidemiologist John Ioannidis pointed out in his March 17, 2020 article, we are making decisions (rejecting the truth) based on incomplete information. A fiasco in the making? As the coronavirus pandemic takes hold, we are making decisions without reliable data (statnews.com).

Confirmation Bias and Groupthink

Obviously, researching and writing valid evidence-based information for peer-review takes time and effort, compared to immediately forming opinions and arguments to support a personal agenda. The media is full of public health opinions and speculations that lack solid evidence. However, when it comes to rushing to judgement and compromising the truth, the spotlight shines on Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. See Public Health Lessons Learned From Biases in Coronavirus Mortality Overestimation (cambridge.org).

Fauci doesn’t appear to understand how scientific knowledge advances using the scientific method, even though he says he does. If he did, he would realize that there is an opposing view to everything that undergoes scientific investigation. Fauci doesn’t look at it that way. He picks his favorite side, based on his personal opinion and agenda, and dismisses everything else without examining the evidence. The only time he changes his mind is when is opinion is proven wrong. Then he goes onto the next wrong opinion that supports his agenda! He never appears to seek the truth.

Selecting information that supports one’s personal view and agenda, while rejecting contradictory evidence, is known as confirmation bias. Confirmation bias that affects the pandemic policy agenda of an entire group of public health administrators is known as groupthink.

Fauci is not a scientist. He doesn’t hold an advanced degree in scientific research. Neither do many public health administrators and government policy makers. He and they are bureaucrats. Fauci doesn’t understand how true science works. He needs to get better acquainted with Old Lady Justice!

• What the 4th wave with Delta shows.

Delta is about 4x more contagious than CoV-19 zero. If you take no measures the cases graph follows the diffusion wave equation that says all space accessible at lower pressure(concentration) will be filled. But once filled the same exponential decays is seen due to dilution.

So visible cases are restricted to the vulnerables/unlucky ones that get a high dose but from the factor 4x more contagious we also expect to see that now at least 7 out of 8 cases are silent. This or even a higher ratio is the only explanation for the 70% antibodies we see here and in India. The last study did show only 33%!

So in an open country like UK or Switzerland the CoV-19 pandemic will be over within 2 months latest. But for the unlucky old folks, that got the Pfizer or Astra vaccine the show will go on. Newest Israel real data is kind of depressive and telling us that Pfizer protection is soon going down to "0"! At least Moderna should last 2-4 x longer.

Was it not better to get CoV-19 an immediately treat it as good old daddy Zelenko did.

From my point of view: Nothing better could happen. The airline industry has been cut down, home office is now accepted and all people see that most western governments are a bunch of criminals, that do not serve the country and the people, but just their buddies. Freedom of official press is at the same level as in China only your private homepage is still free...

So people could learn that they, today just are slaves with some fake freedom like you can freely choose the hospital where you will die untreated from CoV-19...

• Real data (from today..) ...https://www.timesofisrael.com/…-covid-as-later-adopters/

People vaccinated before late February are twice as likely to catch the coronavirus than other inoculated Israelis, according to new research. (This is not even 5 months...)

“We looked at tens of thousands of people tested in the month of June, alongside data on how long had passed since their second shot, and found that those vaccinated early were more likely to test positive,” Dr. Yotam Shenhar, who headed the research, told The Times of Israel.

“This definitely reinforces the argument for giving a third vaccine dose to the elderly.”

The report, published by the healthcare provider Leumit, comes on the heels of other Israeli studies that suggest a decreasing vaccine effectiveness, partly as a result of the Delta variant and partly because of the passage of time. However, British data indicates the Israeli studies may be overstating the case.

Data released by the Health Ministry on Thursday suggested that people vaccinated in January were said to have just 16% protection against infection now, while in those vaccinated in April the effectiveness was at 75%.

Looks like a sudden decline may be from a first short non stimulating virus touch!

• Official Post

yesterday was world ivermectin day. See the videis presented from around the world talking ivermectin. Banned on yourube

https://trialsitenews.com/

Lots of information in there. Too much for me to sit all day and read/listen to, so I picked one to watch:

World Ivermectin Day: South America Panel
    TrialSite News (digital media team) Dr Erin Stair in conversation with: Dr Hector Carvallo (Argentina), Dr Lucy Kerr (Brazil) and
    trialsitenews.com

3 South American doctors, and all spoke passionately of the "overwhelming" results they are seeing when using Ivermectin. One published a study this week, but I could not understand what he said when telling where it was published. Their testimony rises above anecdotal IMO, because they are treating patients...both before Iver became available, and now after for comparison, but not quite up to the level of a trial result. So it probably will not impress THH.

One wanted to start a trial but was blocked from doing so. All are experiencing political push-back from colleagues, and the system in general. That seems to be universal now, where before it was limited to EU/US/Aus.

Reinforces my opinion that regardless of the outcome of the newer RCT's just being started, this drug has won over so many doctors after seeing it's positive effects first hand, that it will continue being used for COVID.

• BBC article about anti vax plot on social media

"A mysterious marketing agency secretly offered to pay social media stars to spread disinformation about Covid-19 vaccines. Their plan failed when the influencers went public about the attempt to recruit them."

"Fazze is a part of AdNow, which is a digital marketing company, registered in both Russia and the UK.

The BBC has made multiple attempts to contact AdNow by phone, email and even a letter couriered to their Moscow headquarters, but they have not responded."

Looks like the disinformation campaign against vaccines has now reached the state sponsored level.

Putin must find this all vastly amusing.

• I just check in here occasionally but why is it that the most attention is spent on the most "fringy" and conspiracy theory fed potential treatments? First hydroxy chloroquine now ivermectin? I think there are some treatments starting trials which have more realistic potential to help. First is Tempol, which stops the virus replication. NIH has come out in support of this drug's potential. That could be a game changer. Also there are others like Leronlimab which greatly helps the critical category, but the company screwed up the trial and dosing, and needs to run a new one. Also there is Ampion which has shown promise, both inhaled and injected. My point is yes I hope ivermectin helps, but I don't think it is a panacea and people need to keep an open mind about every drug candidate.

• Official Post

I just check in here occasionally but why is it that the most attention is spent on the most "fringy" and conspiracy theory fed potential treatments? First hydroxy chloroquine now ivermectin? I think there are some treatments starting trials which have more realistic potential to help. First is Tempol, which stops the virus replication. NIH has come out in support of this drug's potential. That could be a game changer. Also there are others like Leronlimab which greatly helps the critical category, but the company screwed up the trial and dosing, and needs to run a new one. Also there is Ampion which has shown promise, both inhaled and injected. My point is yes I hope ivermectin helps, but I don't think it is a panacea and people need to keep an open mind about every drug candidate.

Good question. IMO, Iver/HCQ were already used worldwide, multipurpose, and proven safe. All those time consuming, laborious trials therefore could be bypassed, and no spooling up of the production lines, distribution system were needed. It was packaged, ready to go. All it needed to become the first preventative treatment, was the blessing of the health care institutions...which never came. That led to a grass roots movement by doctors who swore to it's efficacy to spring up all over the world. That sets up the second part....

The David vs Goliath aspect of the story. The big government health institutions, and many private ones, along with certain politicians, became the Goliath that tried to kill off a perfectly safe, and possibly effective, drug. The David's are the thousands of doctors, and 6 nations that felt the drug worked so well they risked their livelihood, and their reputations in order to do what they felt was best for their patients, and citizens.

Stories like that capture the imagination, and sell.

• Big Ivermectin News for Jamaica

Big Ivermectin News for Jamaica
    Jamaica’s Minister of Health and Wellness recently signed the import permit to allow stocks of Ivermectin into Jamaica. This comes after rising
    trialsitenews.com

Jamaica’s Minister of Health and Wellness recently signed the import permit to allow stocks of Ivermectin into Jamaica. This comes after rising cases due to the COVID-19 Delta variant and increasing public pressure. Supplies of the generic, anti-parasitic drug will come from Edenbridge Pharmaceuticals in New Jersey and be distributed by LASCO Pharmaceuticals in Jamaica. In general, doctors are pleased about having Ivermectin as an option.

The Ministry of Health and Wellness’ current stance on Ivermectin is that there is not enough information to recommend or not recommend the drug for treating COVID-19 and is awaiting the results of larger trials to guide treatment and public health policies.

COVID-19 vaccines are not widely available in Jamaica, though the country is expected to get more vaccines in August. Approximately only 9% of the country is vaccinated. Jamaica was the first country to receive COVID-19 vaccines through the COVAX Facility, a global initiative formed by Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance Gavi, UNICEF, the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations, the Pan American Health Organization, and the World Health Organization to ensure vaccine equity around the globe. The overall goal of COVAX is to provide vaccines for 20% of each participating country’s population in 2021, though first-round shipments were meant to cover between only 2-3% of each country’s population. Both the Pan American Health Organization and the World Health Organization do not recommend Ivermectin for treating COVID-19 and recommend that it only be used within clinical trials.

• Looks like the disinformation campaign against vaccines has now reached the state sponsored level.

No this looks more like FM/R/XXX/B mafia sponsored event. Do you remember the alleged theft of facebook data to manipulate e.g. the EU referendum? This theft was not by Russians. This was a five eyes inside job. They took out the data from an internal database.

The only people that have interest in dumb anti-vaxx propaganda is big pharma as people can be more easily turned around once trapped...The strategy is always the same old roman one divide ed impera. Give the vaccinated the feeling they are the clever ones - tell the other they are dumb is the real target.

Intelligent vaccine info is suppressed by pressing editors to de-list papers like :: The Safety of COVID-19 Vaccination We Should Rethinkthe Policy.pdf

Jamaica was the first country to receive COVID-19 vaccines through the COVAX Facility, a global initiative formed by Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance Gavi, UNICEF, the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations, the Pan American Health Organization, and the World Health Organization to ensure vaccine equity around the globe.

With greeting from Gates ready to send now useless Pfizer crap for the poor....

• So - separating reality from spin:

(1) You agree pfizer vaccine (and the others) offer excellent protection from COVID

(2) You are saying that protection maybe only lasts about one year - that is what everyone else is saying, They are just waiting for data and need before handing out booster shots

(3) You think (on zero evidence) that actually getting COVID offers more long-lasting protection against re-infection than vaccination

(4) You think (on zero evidence) that only the "vulnerables" are at risk of getting severe COVID, long COVID, etc

(5) You think (on zero evidence) that 75% - 80% of COVID infections are asymptomatic

(6) You think (on zero evidence) that Zn + HCQ (or something other wonder treatment kept from the world by a medical mafia who for some reason don't want us to know this) will massively reduce COVID severity

:)

THH

• Jamaica’s Minister of Health and Wellness recently signed the import permit to allow stocks of Ivermectin into Jamaica. This comes after rising cases due to the COVID-19 Delta variant and increasing public pressure. Supplies of the generic, anti-parasitic drug will come from Edenbridge Pharmaceuticals in New Jersey and be distributed by LASCO Pharmaceuticals in Jamaica. In general, doctors are pleased about having Ivermectin as an option.

The Ministry of Health and Wellness’ current stance on Ivermectin is that there is not enough information to recommend or not recommend the drug for treating COVID-19 and is awaiting the results of larger trials to guide treatment and public health policies.

You will remember my post a while ago about the necessarily different perspectives of doctors and research scientists.

Doctors want to give their patients a treatment. They always have - and most patients want that too. The twentieth century has managed ways to tets whether folk medicine actually works. Sometimes, it does, sometimes it does not. Doctors, left to their own devices, will always hope for a treatment, and hoping for it, find evidence. Over-prescribing treatment is a constant problem - ironically one that the alt-medicine crowd are normally and rightly well aware of when it is pills that are being over-prescribed. In a pandemic somehow this gets reversed and the alt-medicine crowd are on the side of pills - just as long as they are cheap and crown-loved.

Whether the treatment actually improves outcomes - is not easy to tell unless (like a vaccine) it is a wonder-treatment. Certainly the HCQ and IVM trials have shown that when the trial is randomised and well conducted there does not seem to be any benefit. So neitehr of these is a wonder-treatment, although it remains posisble that one or otehr might be of help in some circumstances - particularly because both are immunomodulatory and dealing with the way COVID mucks up the immune system is important in reducing really bad symptoms.

IVM:

positive: that early golden hamster evidence

negative: no anti-viral effect (therefore no use as prophylactic), high quality RCTs overall do not show positive effect of it as treatment

positive: lots more RCTs coming up - so if there is some helpful effect, not yet seen it will be discovered.

negative: lots of fanatics campaigning for its use without evidence

• I just check in here occasionally but why is it that the most attention is spent on the most "fringy" and conspiracy theory fed potential treatments? First hydroxy chloroquine now ivermectin? I think there are some treatments starting trials which have more realistic potential to help. First is Tempol, which stops the virus replication. NIH has come out in support of this drug's potential. That could be a game changer. Also there are others like Leronlimab which greatly helps the critical category, but the company screwed up the trial and dosing, and needs to run a new one. Also there is Ampion which has shown promise, both inhaled and injected. My point is yes I hope ivermectin helps, but I don't think it is a panacea and people need to keep an open mind about every drug candidate.

There are lots of candidates being trialed, in the UK (as well as the omnipresent ivermectin):

• favipiravir (PRINCIPLE)
    • EDP1815 (TACTIC-E trial)
    • dapagliflozin + ambrisentan (TACTIC-E trial)

And - a pharma-backed candidate:

Phase II/II ongoing trial molnupiravir

The percentage of patients who were hospitalized and/or died in Part 1 of the MOVe-OUT study was lower in the combined molnupiravir-treated groups versus the placebo arm; the number of events reported are not sufficient to provide a meaningful measure of clinical effect. Analysis of SARS-CoV-2 in nasopharyngeal and oropharyngeal swabs from patients in both MOVe-OUT and MOVe-IN using quantitative and qualitative polymerase chain reaction, an exploratory endpoint, indicated that molnupiravir inhibits replication of the virus, as demonstrated by a greater decrease from baseline in viral RNA compared to placebo at Day 5 and Day 10, and by a larger proportion of participants with undetectable viral RNA at Day 10 and Day 15 following the end of treatment. The largest overall magnitude of antiviral effect was observed in the 800 mg dose compared with the 200 mg and 400 mg doses. These differences in virology endpoints were more pronounced in participants enrolled < 5 days following symptom onset.

And EU trials:

Press corner
    Highlights, press releases and speeches
    ec.europa.eu

• baricitinib immunosuppresant (a medicine that reduces the activity of the immune system) from Eli Lilly: an application for extension of marketing authorisation for COVID-19 indication is under assessment
    • Newly developed monoclonal antibodies under rolling review - a regulatory tool to speed up the assessment of a promising medicine during a public health emergency:
    • combination of bamlanivimab and etesevimab from Eli Lilly: under rolling review
    • combination of casirivimab and imdevimab from Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and F. Hoffman-La Roche, Ltd: under rolling review
    • regdanvimab from Celltrion: under rolling review
    • sotrovimab from GlaxoSmithKline and Vir Biotechnology, Inc.: under rolling review

• To counter some THH invented crap facts!

(1) You agree pfizer vaccine (and the others) offer excellent protection from COVID

No I never said this: I always said Pifzer did cheat protection from Phase III study....

(3) You think (on zero evidence) that actually getting COVID offers more long-lasting protection against re-infection than vaccination

Israel real data study shows infection is 7..40 x better than any vaccine...

Only children and fools deny real data!

5) You think (on zero evidence) that 75% - 80% of COVID infections are asymptomatic

Evidence is from 4 large studies... from real data!

(6) You think (on zero evidence) that Zn + HCQ

I think you lost your brain and just invent crap. You repeatedly did prove that you never read any paper or are not able to follow even simple context as given in the flu paper you liked.

Why should I argue with a child?? - that dreams during day and ignores hard facts = 80 HCQ studies...

Certainly the HCQ and IVM trials have shown that when the trial is randomised and well conducted there does not seem to be any benefit.

Only complete idiots cite other idiots. There is no study that did show this. Some people just wish that it would be so. People that look at the data immediately can notice that facts and conclusion do not match.... Children stuff again.

• For vaccine Fans: PEI report on German vaccine deaths and crippled: PEI sicherheitsbericht-27-12-bis-30-06-21 Impfungen.pdf

One thing I detected 25% of all cases reported were nor resolved...at report time...Future reports will show much better trends.

The report shows 78 deaths among age group < 39 for just the thrombosis risk.

Here the Swiss site about weekly/deaths in age groups : https://www.covid19.admin.ch/d…logic/death?geoView=table

We had 2 chemo deaths among age <39 for this years period during the same period vaccines are given.

Switzerland has about 1/10 of German populations.

Already one death class among vaccinated shows that death from vaccines is much higher than death from CoV-19...

And yes:: The age group <39 just started vaccination. So these vaccine deaths cover a much shorter period that the whole CoV-19 death statistics.

So there really is no reason (except for the few with preconditions) to get vaccinated for people age < 35. Except you like to play Russian roulette.

But some people here don't like hard data...

• . You repeatedly did prove that you never read any paper

I remember when THH 'read' a QCD paper that showed him six(6) digit precision on the neutron-proton mass difference.... when in reality it showed two(2) digit precision...maybe there is some macular degeneration..

First is Tempol, which stops the virus replication.

No first was Remdesivir... NIH was watching closely as the Gilead trial endpoints and trial times were fudged to exclude mortality and include only bedrest...

one year later ....a few billion $ of sales later.. and a few deaths

proper trials with mortality as the endpoint...show

"

Compared with a matched group of veterans who did not receive the antiviral,

remdesivir did not significantly improve survival rates..

12.2% of patients in the remdesivir group died within 30 days

compared to 10.6% of those in the control group.

Large Remdesivir Study Finds No COVID-19 Survival Benefit
    Investigators studied VA patients with COVID-19 to determine what effect the antiviral might have on hospital stay and survival.
    www.webmd.com

• No first was Remdesivir... NIH was watching closely as the Gilead trial endpoints and trial times were fudged to exclude mortality and include only bedrest...

Only fools kill themselves- Fool trust NIH is run by experts. Fact is: Most are just mafia members...

Same in USA: Fauci has absolute no education no advanced degree. But is claimed to be an expert... Sound like the Turkish president - has a master title from the goat & sheep academy for milking (the people...).

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.