Covid-19 News

• In the middle of it, I realized the author apparently did not know how many Japanese aircraft carriers were sunk during the Battle of Midway. Maybe she knew, but she and the editors left confusing text. That made me wonder "what else did they get wrong?" Then I caught another error, about Churchill. I don't want to read it again.

Winston Churchill was sunk at the House of Commons Member's Bar, as his personal physician told me.

• Good for her. A citizen taking matters into their own hands. Perhaps her next step will be to wonder how "well-ventilated" it is under a mask, and report her findings. I suspect it will be rather stuffy.

Carbon dioxide increases with face masks but remains below short-term NIOSH limits - PubMed
    Although, significant increase in CO2 concentrations are noted with routinely used face-masks, the levels still remain within the NIOSH limits for short-term…
    pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

Measurements were made using a modified indoor air quality meter equipped with a nondispersive infrared (NDIR) CO2 sensor. Detected carbon dioxide concentrations ranged from 2150 ± 192 to 2875 ± 323 ppm. The concentrations of carbon dioxide while not wearing a face mask varied from 500–900 ppm.

• An inordinate amount of deaths, 661 within 28 days after vaccination, suggests a distinct possible link, although, of course, this isn’t prima facie proof that the deaths are caused by the COVIID-19 vaccines.

In the UK, at least a while ago and perhaps still, they count as a covid death a person who died within 28 days after testing positive. Perhaps dying within 28 days of a vaccine could be counted as a vaccine death...

• Perhaps her next step will be to wonder how "well-ventilated" it is under a mask, and report her findings. I suspect it will be rather stuffy.

Nope. See:

COVID-19: Doctor wears six face masks to debunk oxygen deprivation myth

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Perhaps dying within 28 days of a vaccine could be counted as a vaccine death...

Medically related deaths within 28 days are reported and investigated. (People getting shot or run over are not.) The attending physician's reports are evaluated, along with other data. So far, experts have concluded that vaccines have not caused any deaths in the U.S.

• TTH apparently would like to know why infection rates are vastly underestimated. Here's one reason that is seldom mentioned. Tests for prior infection are typically made long after infection, and they thus test for the long lasting antibodies, mainly IgG, in the blood. The reality is that upon infection, another type of antibody, the short lived IgM, is first on the scene. It belongs to what is called the innate immune system and appears early in life innately, rather than as a result of prior infection. These antibodies hamper the pathogen directly and do other things like enhancing the action of killer T cell lymphocytes. Often the innate immune system is so effective that the IgG antibodies need not even be produced. A person thus infected will not show antibodies to the pathogen two months later : The IgM has faded to non measurable levels and IgG was not produced in measurable quantity to start with.

Healthy children have a strong innate immune system. As time goes on they acquire more and more adaptive immunity, but this can come at the expense of the innate immune system. The highly specific and high binding affinity IgG antibodies acquired through antigen exposure outcompete the IgMs and thus detract from would would be a boosted killer T cell response. This is especially seen with non live vaccines, as contrasted with a natural infection.

People with particular defects in the immune system, such that they cannot produce IgG antibodies, have been shown nevertheless to ward off covid infection via their innate immune system.

The take away : infection rates are underestimated, the innate immune system is under rated and IgG counts are over rated.

• Nope. See:

COVID-19: Doctor wears six face masks to debunk oxygen deprivation myth

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Funny watching people justifying mask wearing. It's no surprise to me that Canada's CTV and CBC carry stories like this. The propaganda coming out of Canada government sponsored media is near endless. Let's see him wear six masks thoughout the day, rather than measuring very briefly through a oximeter. In real life his breathing will be laboured while his body desperately tries to rid itself of CO2 and gain O2. There is a reason workplace safety standards include CO2 and O2 levels.

• Let's see him wear six masks thoughout the day, rather than measuring very briefly through a oximeter. In real life his breathing will be laboured while his body desperately tries to rid itself of CO2 and gain O2.

No, in real life nothing would happen. More to the point, in real life in many jobs people wear masks for hours, or all day long. Surgeons, stone cutters, fine art restorers, many people who commute on Japanese railroads, people skiing and hiking in cold places, and others. None of them have problems. People have been wearing masks for various jobs for 150 years. If masks caused problems, we would know by now.

• I can't see where they get that number -- https://www.thelancet.com/jour…-5370(20)30464-8/fulltext

This is not a study. From a group of 12/12 you can just have fun. ..

Funny watching people justifying mask wearing.

I had to do 4 minutes rowing at about 18cal/minutes - with mask - I died from CO after 2.5 Minutes with a very strange feeling in my throat. (Without mask no problem...)

It all depends on what you do. Children playing/running with masks is a bad idea...

• DR Campbell debunks BBC

Ivermectin article.

External Content youtu.be

• I had to do 4 minutes rowing at about 18cal/minutes - with mask - I died from CO after 2.5 Minutes with a very strange feeling in my throat. (Without mask no problem...)

It all depends on what you do. Children playing/running with masks is a bad idea...

Yes. Consistent with this 2020 study

Effects of surgical and FFP2/N95 face masks on cardiopulmonary exercise capacity
    Due to the SARS-CoV2 pandemic, medical face masks are widely recommended for a large number of individuals and long durations. The effect of wearing a surgical…
    www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

This first randomized cross-over study assessing the effects of surgical masks and FFP2/N95 masks on cardiopulmonary exercise capacity yields clear results. Both masks have a marked negative impact on exercise parameters such as maximum power output (Pmax) and the maximum oxygen uptake (VO2max/kg). FFP2/N95 masks show consistently more pronounced negative effects compared to surgical masks. Both masks significantly reduce pulmonary parameters at rest (FVC, FEV1, PEF) and at maximum load (VE, BF, TV). Furthermore, wearing the masks was perceived as very uncomfortable with a marked effect on subjective breathing resistance with the FFP2/N95 mask.

• Good for her. A citizen taking matters into their own hands. Perhaps her next step will be to wonder how "well-ventilated" it is under a mask, and report her findings. I suspect it will be rather stuffy.

Stuffy, but you get only your own COVID, not other people's

CO2 in a room (elevation from background 400ppm) is a good proxy for the likely level of covid in the air.

In fact masks are not even stuffy, since the air you breathe in comes from the outside. Think about it. It is more effort breathing through a mask than not, so there are possible medical contraindications, and they are not great if you want to run the marathon. You might argue though that for most of us, inside, a bit of additional cardiovascular exercise is a positive good. Like wearing those tummy weights that help you understand what it is like to be preganant. Or obese...

THH

• Alan Smith - but Winston Churchill was a manic depressive ie had Bipolar Disorder like myself. Without him the USA would have made the mistake of joining the NAZI's. We BRITS alone won the second World War, and now Third World War is looming with the Chinese empire expanding into Taiwan and the new UK - USA - Australia Treaty replacing what was NATO. This IS POLITICS I am afraid move it to CLEARANCE if you want but I believe China is continually developing new horrific Viruses like COVID or chemical warfare agents like SPICE, Fentanyl, and Carfentanyl -- leading to all the deaths of our youth dancing to death at RAVES on new drugs replacing the good old ECSTACY pills with PMA instead of NMDA....the list is endless...Amphetamine powders cut with COCAINE, or BATTERY ACID for Christ's sake. CYANIDE anybody or ARSENIC with your Brown Rice??? :( ..

• TTH apparently would like to know why infection rates are vastly underestimated. Here's one reason that is seldom mentioned. Tests for prior infection are typically made long after infection, and they thus test for the long lasting antibodies, mainly IgG, in the blood. The reality is that upon infection, another type of antibody, the short lived IgM, is first on the scene. It belongs to what is called the innate immune system and appears early in life innately, rather than as a result of prior infection. These antibodies hamper the pathogen directly and do other things like enhancing the action of killer T cell lymphocytes. Often the innate immune system is so effective that the IgG antibodies need not even be produced. A person thus infected will not show antibodies to the pathogen two months later : The IgM has faded to non measurable levels and IgG was not produced in measurable quantity to start with.

Healthy children have a strong innate immune system. As time goes on they acquire more and more adaptive immunity, but this can come at the expense of the innate immune system. The highly specific and high binding affinity IgG antibodies acquired through antigen exposure outcompete the IgMs and thus detract from would would be a boosted killer T cell response. This is especially seen with non live vaccines, as contrasted with a natural infection.

People with particular defects in the immune system, such that they cannot produce IgG antibodies, have been shown nevertheless to ward off covid infection via their innate immune system.

The take away : infection rates are underestimated, the innate immune system is under rated and IgG counts are over rated.

I agree with all of that except the last sentence, and one word in the first sentence.

Everyone looking at immune response to COVID agrees that the innate (initial) immune response is very important. In fact it is that which helps to give the adaptive system enough time to respond when antibody levels are not initially higher enough. So, reading accounts of how it all fits together, I see no underestimation.

I disagree with the first sentence because if infection is so light that only the non-adaptive (well - it is much less specific in its adaptation) immune system is engaged it will confer no (or almost no) immunity. We know that light symptomatic infections give less protection than severe symptomatic infections. We have:

1. Severe symptomatic
    2. Light symptomatic
    3. asymptomatic (still generates IgG, detected by N type IgG tests)
    4. asymptomatic (fought off by innate immune system) no IgG response.

So 4. below will not confer any significant immunity and therefore even if any infection happens it is irrelevant. Antivaxxers tend to double-count things so think that a non-adaptive-response raising infection will confer significant extra immunity! You do get some from non-specific innate immune system adaptation but this is a small effect and can be got from similar non-COVID infections (maybe other coronavirusses).

THH

PS - I've often thought it would be nice if everyone could get variolation-style immunity to COVID by a sequence of tiny doses, each upping the quantity but staying within that which can be dealth with y the innate system. The trouble is we do not know what is that safe quantity. Maybe injection of COVID into the bloodstream where not much of it will get to places with lots of ACE receptors would be a good way to go? Such a pity it is unethical to experiment with these ideas, and there is no possibility at the moment of a somatic model accurate enough to simulate it!

• Alan Smith - but Winston Churchill was a manic depressive ie had Bipolar Disorder like myself. Without him the USA would have made the mistake of joining the NAZI's. We BRITS alone won the second World War, and now Third World War is looming with the Chinese empire expanding into Taiwan and the new UK - USA - Australia Treaty replacing what was NATO. This IS POLITICS I am afraid move it to CLEARANCE if you want but I believe China is continually developing new horrific Viruses like COVID or chemical warfare agents like SPICE, Fentanyl, and Carfentanyl -- leading to all the deaths of our youth dancing to death at RAVES on new drugs replacing the good old ECSTACY pills with PMA instead of NMDA....the list is endless...Amphetamine powders cut with COCAINE, or BATTERY ACID for Christ's sake. CYANIDE anybody or ARSENIC with your Brown Rice??? :( ..

But think on this: Churchill had the advantage that e-mail was not invented so he could use rhetorical speech INSTEAD OF CAPITALS.

• Earlier this year, experts were saying that herd immunity with the Delta variant might require 80% or 90% immunity (acquired plus vaccinated). It seems to me the latest data shows that the numbers might be lower. ~70% might be enough. I recall ~70% is what they were saying for Alpha last year. Look at the data from three places with high vaccination rates:

Chile, 88% vaccination (+10% acquired immunity?)

Japan, 70% (very little acquired immunity)

Argentina, 60% (+10% acquired immunity?)

All three are rapidly approaching zero infections and deaths. They might not reach that, falling asymptotically, because there will be infections from outside these countries. But I think that if 80% the entire world population could be vaccinated, with no large pockets below 70% (the Argentine rate), the disease would be wiped out in the human population. I do not think that will happen, but only because right wing politicians are stupid and they will save $1 even if it later costs them $100,000. There is no technical reason why the disease cannot be eliminated.

Chile: the latest coronavirus counts, charts and maps
    Tracking the COVID-19 outbreak, updated daily
    graphics.reuters.com

Japan: the latest coronavirus counts, charts and maps
    graphics.reuters.com

Argentina: the latest coronavirus counts, charts and maps
    graphics.reuters.com

In the U.S. 56% of the total population is vaccinated, but the unvaccinated people are heavily concentrated in rural Republican districts where the population is older than average, so they will be infected at a high rate. In some rural districts only 30% are vaccinated. I expect ~25% of the population will ultimately refuse. That's 83 million people. Unless they change their minds, this will continue until ~40 million of them are infected and ~800,000 die. That should take 2 or 3 years at present rates. Another 800,000 will be damaged for life with things like cerebral hemorrhages or lung damage leaving them in wheelchairs with oxygen for life. Four groups of people are guilty of this holocaust: the Republican Party, FOX News, the Death Cult antivaxxers such as W. and Mark U., and the people who will themselves die because they refuse to be vaccinated. Fortunately for the nation, Republicans are dying at a ratio of 5:1 compared to Democrats.

Here is an example of a pathetic, foolish, uneducated person who died because the Republicans, FOX News and antivaxxers lied to her. The blood is on their hands:

Lorine Carol Kaylor, 48, Huntington, WV. Cashier at McDonalds. Unvaxxed, dead from COVID.
    UPDATE (10/12/21 5am): Added to the bottom of the story. According to this obituary Lori died on October 6 from COVID. She leaves behind Harold A. Kaylor, her…
    www.sorryantivaxxer.com

• Look at the data from three places with high vaccination rates:

Chile, 88% vaccination (+10% acquired immunity?)

Japan, 70% (very little acquired immunity)

On the other hand, the UK has ~71% vaccinated plus some large percent of acquired immunity, yet infections continue at a high rate. I have no idea why. Thank goodness deaths are well below where they were before.

United Kingdom: the latest coronavirus counts, charts and maps
    graphics.reuters.com

• Animated clip explains how the coronavirus vaccine works

Sort of. This is from China. Anyway, it is cute.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.