Covid-19 News

• We should have known that we never ever try to vaccinate our way out of a pandemic while in a pandemic.

Well, like many unknowns of COVID - it was worth a short. it would have worked with original. Maybe with alpha. Never with delta.

Although, what I don't understand, if the aim really is to squash the disease with vaccine, what is the case for not formulating a delta-specific vaccine? It can be done within 6 months, and the mRNA companies were happy to do this. Given such a vaccine we have a decent chnace of squashing the epidemic quicker.

Having said that, we will squash, through a combo of vaccine and natural immnunity, it just takes longer.

We should have also known that if the initial priming (exposure to a pathogen e.g. to SARS-CoV-2) of the immune system (OAS) to a pathogen is sub-optimal and biased, then that sub-optimal initial priming deranges and biases the immune response long-term and guides all future immunological responses to that pathogen (OAS). That this initial priming if deranged and is wrong, will severely stagger and hobble our immune response for the rest of our lives

We do not know this now. So I can't imagine we should have known it.

It is of course a premise for all antivaxxers. I've seen no evidence of it. Nor do I see why there should be a large difference. We know response is less complete, but that less complete response does not persist for that long (nor does natural immunity) so worst case it is not the rest of our lives. That worst case is a fantasy in the minds of antivaxers. i'm dnot saying it could not happen - the immune system is complex and anything could happen. it does not mean however that it does happen. i've seen no evidence. I have seen evidence of natural immunity + vaccine (both ways round I believe but I've no time now to ferret it out and without an explicit link i might be wrong) better than either alone.

• Such is the level of misinformation from Health Canada and the media, that people think that the vaccination is providing substantial protection from infection.

Ever since mid 2020, the vaccine performance has been discussed every day in the news. The fact that one vaccine is 83% effective, and the other 85% was headline news. The fact that protection against infection is declining has been headline news for months. 85% means the protection is substantial but not perfect. At no time, in no country, was there ever misinformation from the public health agencies or the mass media about this. What you wrote is completely false.

The latest front-page news about this subject is here, probably not behind a paywall:

Who Had Covid-19 Vaccine Breakthrough Cases?

Data shows the vaccines kept working through the Delta surge, though some groups were at higher risk of breakthrough infections or death.
    www.nytimes.com

QUOTE, which shows that what you wrote is false:

After a summer of reports of breakthrough coronavirus infections, when it seemed that everyone knew someone who tested positive after vaccination, recently released federal data sheds light on how common these cases really were, how severe they became and who was most at risk. . . .

Compared with the unvaccinated, fully vaccinated people overall had a much lower chance of testing positive for the virus or dying from it, even through the summer’s Delta surge and the relaxation of pandemic restrictions in many parts of the country. But the data indicates that immunity against infection may be slowly waning for vaccinated people, even as the vaccines continue to be strongly protective against severe illness and death.

“The No. 1 take-home message is that these vaccines are still working,” said Dr. David Dowdy, an epidemiologist at Johns Hopkins University. “If you saw these data for any disease other than Covid, what everyone’s eyes would be drawn to is the difference between the unvaccinated and fully vaccinated lines.”

• More from the New York Times article. This is no surprise:

While every age group had similar rates of breakthrough cases, death rates varied more drastically by age. Unvaccinated seniors were the most likely to die from Covid of any group. Still, vaccinated people 80 and older had higher death rates than unvaccinated people under 50.

“Age is our top risk factor for vaccine breakthrough deaths,” said Theresa Sokol, the state epidemiologist in Louisiana, one of the jurisdictions that contributed to the C.D.C. data.

Data shows the vaccines kept working through the Delta surge, though some groups were at higher risk of breakthrough infections or death.
    www.nytimes.com

• I just compared the severity of covid in Sweden, USA, Russia, Romania and Ukraine. Jeesus.

I heard that Kiev in Ukraine was very much like Berlin when it comes to artyness and feeling from a emigrated Ukrainian

journalist that works here as a photographer, always nice to meet new people and we had a great chat. So I investigated the

latest stats and yeah as she told me, they don't do vaccines over there. Also USA was much higher than I expected in severity,

especially in some specific states.

In Sweden 85% have taken the first shot and 81% the second one. Things are calm, there are plans for a third shot now among the

elderly and the rest will have the opportunity later this winter. For a Swede now USA and the other countries seams like from another planet.

• Jabs do not reduce risk of passing Covid within household, study suggests

Research reveals fully vaccinated people are just as likely to pass virus on to those they share a home with

.https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/28/covid-vaccinated-likely-unjabbed-infect-cohabiters-study-suggests

Households are a key setting for the transmission of Covid infections (pdf), with frequent prolonged daily contact with an infected person linked to an increased risk of catching the virus.

However, questions have remained – including the true proportion of household contacts who become infected from an initial case, the duration of their infection, and the impact of vaccination on the risk of transmitting the virus and the chance of catching it.

Now a study has revealed that while vaccination against Covid is crucial to preventing severe disease and death, even fully jabbed individuals catch the virus – and pass it on.

Writing in the Lancet, researchers from a number of institutions including Imperial College London and the UK Health Security Agency (HSA) report how they analysed data from 204 household contacts of 138 people infected with the Delta variant.

Of these contacts, who were recruited within five days of their household member showing symptoms and were tested daily for 14 days, 53 went on to become infected, 31 of whom were fully vaccinated and 15 were unvaccinated.

The results suggest even those who are fully vaccinated have a sizeable risk of becoming infected, with analysis revealing a fully vaccinated contact has a 25% chance of catching the virus from an infected household member while an unvaccinated contact has a 38% chance of becoming infected.

However, the figures do not shed light on the severity of illness, while the team cautions these figures fall within a range of possible values, meaning the exact size of the difference is unclear.

The analysis further suggests that whether an infected individual is themselves fully vaccinated or unvaccinated makes little or no difference to how infectious they are to their household contacts.

The team add that the peak level of virus in infected individuals was the same regardless of whether they were jabbed or not, although these levels dropped off more quickly in the vaccinated people, suggesting they cleared the infection sooner.

“This likely explains why [fully vaccinated] breakthrough cases are as infectious to their contacts as [unvaccinated] cases” said Prof Ajit Lalvani, chair of infectious diseases at Imperial College London and an author of the study.

The team also looked more closely at those who were fully vaccinated.

“What we found, surprisingly, was that already by three months after receipt of the second vaccine dose, the risk of acquiring infection was higher compared to being more recently vaccinated,” said Lalvani.

“This suggests that vaccine-induced protection is already waning by about three months post-secondary,” he added.

Lalvani stressed that vaccination, including boosters, was important, noting that unvaccinated people cannot rely on the immunity of those who are fully jabbed for protection.

Should fully vaccinated individuals become infected, he added, they remain protected against severe disease and death, and tend to have only a mild infection.

However, when asked if the data suggested booster doses should be offered sooner than six months after a second jab, Lalvani said the emphasis should be on encouraging those already eligible to take the extra dose.

Prof Rowland Kao, an epidemiologist at the University of Edinburgh, who was not involved in the work, said the estimates of high rates of transmission among household contacts underscored the need to vaccinate teenagers and give boosters to vulnerable people.

“The vaccinations of younger persons to slow down transmission in the community, and the boosters to directly protect against severe infection and hospitalisation,” he said.

Kao suggested the findings also added weight to calls for the introduction of further measures in the UK to tackle the spread of Covid, adding the move could also mitigate the risks posed by other respiratory infections including flu.

“The result that vaccinated individuals who become infected appear to pose a similar infection risk to others also emphasises the need for continued or improved non-pharmaceutical interventions to further slow down transmission rates and ease hospital burdens over the winter,” he said

DEFINE_ME

• Useful detail on how rates depend on age and time. And, yes, the antivaxers are way off-beam.

Worth noting though, if you live with a very old person, that vaccine protection is much reduced for them, AND they are much more likely to die.A double whammy.

Of course, absolute risk reduction from the vaccine is highest for those very old people.

• In Sweden 85% have taken the first shot and 81% the second one.

Reuters says it is 70%. I wonder where the discrepancy is?

Sweden: the latest coronavirus counts, charts and maps
    Tracking the COVID-19 outbreak, updated daily
    graphics.reuters.com

It shows only 1 to 6 deaths per day in recent weeks. Infections are at 10% of peak, but not falling anymore.

For a Swede now USA and the other countries seams like from another planet.

It does seem like a different world. The same can now be said for Japan, now at 1% of the peak. Argentina is another success story, not much mentioned in the U.S. press. Japan and Argentina had a similar pattern of a peak in 2021 with Delta, followed by a rapid decline as vaccination ramped up. Japan is now 74% vaccinated and Argentina 65%. That's not so different from the U.S. at 63%, but the U.S. still has catastrophic numbers of infections and deaths. My guess is that is because the geographical distribution of vaccines in the U.S. is uneven. Georgia is reportedly at 57%. Atlanta is mostly 43 to 51%. Rural districts in Georgia are 25% to 35%, so infections are still spreading like wildfire in them. If the whole state were evenly vaccinated I think there would be fewer pockets of rampant infection.

Japan: the latest coronavirus counts, charts and maps
    graphics.reuters.com

Argentina: the latest coronavirus counts, charts and maps
    graphics.reuters.com

Georgia COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker
    This is your state and county equivalent level look at how many have gotten a dose or doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. Click on a state to see how many vaccines…
    data.democratandchronicle.com

• ICU cases (IVA) can be seen here, strange form I would say about the latest months data If you don't mind some swedish at least the graph in the link does not show any increase, so things are still calm, the winter is coming as we say here in Västerås however (Yep almost the same name as in the game of thrones series).

• A nice find from the Swiss Covid report!

All phases with high a CoV-19 case load also show high load of rhinovirus (light blue). Since week 17 also RSV (yellow-brown)is strongly showing up. With alpha almost no other virus have been found. Influenza was just a tiny flash around week 6.

Do you think it's PCR false positives coming from Rhino virus and others, juicing the case counts so that the Town Criers can wail?

• More from the New York Times article.

New York times is a free masons trumpet and well known to spread make up CoV-19 Fake data (Ivermectin) and multiply the results of FM fake studies as the one about HCQ.

Intelligent people do no longer read this disgusting rubbish pit.

How free mason hide data if they don't like it you can see from the today's week 43 UK report....

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1029606/Vaccine-surveillance-report-week-43.pdf

Table 2 no longer shows the rate data... In Switzerland vaccine deaths have been removed after > 33% haven been double vaxx... ration just 2:1 unvax:vax deaths....

So things in UK get worse and worse. Again 10% increase in share of double vaxx cases.

UK vaccinated now get up to 6.5x more often CoV-19 than unvaccinated!

• Do you think it's PCR false positives coming from Rhino virus and others,

PCR false positives rates are > 50% according the Rault study. In some countries that do more than 35 cycles its even more. In fact it is not exactly false positive. It simply was dead virus detected ...

The false signal is not from other virus. Other virus could be parasitic secondary infections or priming infections. The table clearly shows the RSV signal all the other missed ....

Many more children in ISU than from CoV-19...

• Israel:: Now has one of the lowest vaccination rates. Just a tick above 60%. Every day still one booster 3x vaxx dies. This is down from 4/day booster deaths just in line with decreasing cases....So we may note that boosters do not really help.

Switzerland has about the same population size with a smaller 2x/3x vaxx death rate that now is increasing.

The only difference:: We killed most vulnerable already with Alpha. Or now make new attempts in care homes where people (all vaxx) haven been allowed to wear no masks. (5 double vaxx deaths...) ...

So in fact CoV- certificates (any color pass) are just vaccine promotion and a license to kill...the remaining vulnerable...

• PCR false positives rates are > 50% according the Rault study. In some countries that do more than 35 cycles its even more. In fact it is not exactly false positive. It simply was dead virus detected ...

The false signal is not from other virus. Other virus could be parasitic secondary infections or priming infections. The table clearly shows the RSV signal all the other missed ....

Many more children in ISU than from CoV-19...

ya i get it - a false positive is a true positive for non replicating virus

but i do wonder why really high cycle times give very very high false positive rate (does everyone really have a bit of dead virus in there?)

• I guess there may be some people who don't bother to look carefully at the data W links here. I do, and it is interesting. This is the only example I know of where the antivaxers have done some good. I'm sure that their overly eager and incurious interpretation of this data will lead to a concerted attempt to clean up the MIMS database removing defunct records. But I guess that will take some time...

Even given that, the data biases here are high especially in the > 80 group that contains the highest number of specially vulnerable people. We have

• Vulnerable get vaccinated effect - moving those at higher risk of death all to the vaccinated category
    • Vaccinated get tested effect - the very few unvaccinated are selected for those who do not trust the medical system and are therefore much less likely to have an infection reported as an officially tested case.
    • Unvaccinated have died effect. the unvaccinated, given the sustained high UK COVID infection rates driven by our unvaccinated school children, are likely already to have had COVID and therefore either died, or to be protected against further infection!

It says most of this in the report comments below - a bit more tactfully than me...

• As said: The UK free mason mafia tries to cheat the population with very simplistic logic.

Facts:

1) Vaccinated now get up to 6.6x more often CoV-19 than unvaccinated.

2) Vaccinated should always wear mask as they are far more dangerous than unvaccinated.

3) Vaccine efficiency claimed in the UK weekly report (p.7) is base on fake data from Pfizer/ASTRA studies among a risk unmatched population group.

4) The trick to vaccinate the now 60% infected has led to a high overestimation of the vaccine efficiency.

5) UK. Group 80+ only vaccinated with no prior infection today has the same death rate as unvaccinated. More or less the same for age 70+

6) Real protection among the best age group 50..60 is about 2.5x.

We see the same here now overall death rates are 1/3 fully vaccinated 2/3 unvaccinated --> real vaccine protection 50%!

Thus: Do only believe live data as this is the only source for the actual reality. Looking at studies made months ago will give you a 100% wrong picture.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.