Covid-19 News

• "Let me put it very clearly, you have no constitutional right to endanger the public and spread the disease, even if you disagree. You have no right not to be vaccinated, you have no right not to wear a mask, you have no right to open up your business…And if you refuse to be vaccinated, the state has the power to literally take you to a doctor’s office and plunge a needle into your arm.

Alan "Epstein Island" Dershowitz

Today the largest bunch of Nazis lives in the USA. Thus I fully agree that US citizens can have weapons!

• Denmark has a study showing 1% with antibodies abut 100 deaths per mills so they have an IFR of 1% Not sure about the dates of the

sampling and one could critizise the sampling. Smokers? or ex smokers?

All the antibody testing suffers sampling bias, where the people tested are not representative of the entire population in terms of COVID infection risk.

Worth remembering that - in some studies they address this better than in others.

Also, where infection rates are low, heterogeneity in the population infection rates can be higher, making proper sampling more difficult.

• IFR for (Inner) London:

17% of population infected (govt latest gnomic announcement from antibody testing)

5725 deaths (from wiki page on London pandemic - this is Inner london area see picture)

Population 3.5M (from wiki page on inner London, match picture with the other one)

Epidemic is very far past peak: see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_in_London for graph of deaths which indicates current figure is pretty accurate for total based on current infected.

IFR = 0.96%

Wiggle room here - does the govt figure perhaps refer to Greater London? in which case infection rate for inner London would be higher and hence IFR lower.

Also could people from outside Inner London have been treated in hospitals in Inner London and hence died there? Again, this would mean real IFR was lower, I see this as quite possible.

Note that even with simple statistics like this working out "real" IFR is pretty tough!

• Possibly of interest - Recent vaccine news - Possible preventives

Coronavirus vaccine: Oxford vaccine does not stop COVID infection, says report

https://www.businesstoday.in/c…-report/story/404407.html

Universal Broad Spectrum Vaccine Approach Might Not Be Feasible As Study Shows

Coronaviruses Do Not Readily Induce Cross-Protective Antibody Responses

- The research has implications that most vaccine developers trying to develop broad spectrum vaccine

that can also have efficacy against a brand range of coronaviruses might be pursuing a strategy that

could be futile. Also it remains unclear whether such antibodies offer cross protection in the human

body or potentiate disease.

https://www.thailandmedical.ne…induce-cross-protective-a

Coronavirus medicine: De-worming drug (Ivermectin) added to list of potential cures for COVID-19

https://www.businesstoday.in/s…ovid-19/story/404599.html

The SARS-CoV-2 cytopathic effect is blocked with autophagy modulators

https://www.biorxiv.org/conten…0.05.16.091520v1.full.pdf

Some readily available natural autophagy inducers are listed in --

Regulation of autophagy by polyphenolic compounds as a potential therapeutic strategy for cancer

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p…725/pdf/cddis2014467a.pdf

Autophagy Induction as a Therapeutic Strategy for Neurodegenerative Diseases

https://www.sciencedirect.com/…cle/pii/S0022283619307454

• All the antibody testing suffers sampling bias, where the people tested are not representative of the entire population in terms of COVID infection risk.

I guess you mean this is a self-selected group of people. People who think they had the disease. Or do you mean people who happen to be close to the medical establishment, or friends of the researchers?

Not all studies have this problem. DeKalb County Georgia just conducted an antibody study with randomly selected households. I think there were some random studies in China, as well.

• 17% of population infected (govt latest gnomic announcement from antibody testing)

This is very good news. So you in fact have more than 10x unknown infections! With a clever tactics you could go through 70% mark within 6 weeks and not many more deaths if medication is ready. I do assume that at least 15% will never show antibodies (or unspecific ones ) albeit they contacted the virus. The death rate will go down as the "old & vulnerable victims" are gone already!

Germany today announced that the country wide mortality is within the usual boundaries. This clearly tells that CoV-9 is a special type of virus that just kills the weak ones and not at random.

• What I found tricky is the lags 3 weeks for developping antibodies and what not lag for the death. I used 3 weeks for death but are unsure

• This is vey good news. So you in fact have more than 10x unknown infections! With a clever tactics you could go through 70% mark within 6 weeks and not many more deaths if medication is ready. I do assume that at least 15% will never show antibodies (or unspecific ones ) albeit they contacted the virus. The death rate will go down as the "old & vulnerable victims" are gone already!

Germany today announced that the country wide mortality is within the usual boundaries. This clearly tells that CoV-9 is a special type of virus that just kills the weak ones and not at random.

17% of 3.5M is 600K. Number of cases = 26,000

that is more than 20X the number of uncounted (but not undetected - people have been told to self-isolate at home and are than never tested, never counted) cases.

The "death rate" has gone down, from a CFR of 20% to the actual 0.9%.

Not good news, since no-one takes CFR to be death rate, except you? Just expected news. There is no reason to expect large numbers of non-antibody positive infections. There is no reason to think the remaining 83% will not have broadly similar IFR if/when they catch it in a second wave.

0.9% is a bit high for IFR (previous estimates 0.66%).

Inner demographics is actually quite young, so does not explain this:

London’s population is young (average age 36.5) compared to the UK overall (40.3). More than one in 10 people living in Inner London (11.7%) are aged between 30 and 34. This compares to just 6.2% of those in the rest of England. More broadly, in Inner London, almost half the population is made up out of those who are in their early twenties to early forties (47%), compared to the rest of England where three in 10 (31%) are in this age group, and Inner London is home to a higher proportion of young people than Outer London.

I gave possible things that might reduce this a bit, but it could be pretty accurate. That would not be good news, and more than 50% higher than previous expectations, taking demographics into account.

• Also is the number of deaths reliable? nurseries included?

• Also is the number of deaths reliable? nurseries included?

Good point. I think UK figures did not include these early on but now do. Quite a lot of London would have been before they were included (no retrospective inclusion I believe). It is a mess. Welcome to real world data!

But the increment is only about 30% I think at max. Worth more research.

• This is EXACTLY what happened to my friend tested on Monday, results negative on Thursday.

Sunday admitted with virus,

8 days in ICU, (not intubated), 2 weeks in hospital, will Be Home this Monday.

• awkward answer to HCQ question

Ryan says " HCQ nor CQ have as yet been found to be effective.." TM 11.07

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ryan must be a busy man... perhaps he is more at home in te emergency ward.

• 0.9% is a bit high for IFR (previous estimates 0.66%).

I would ask them for a proper London statistics for at least 3 age groups ..<18 >.. < 65 > ... and different classes of treatment. No, weak, strong (ICU) , deadly (intubation) symptoms. Otherwise you gain no insight. The linked above shows way to many deaths among 18...64 or a strong underpopulation of > 65...

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.