Covid-19 News

• In Ukraine coal used for generation might have single percentage of sulfur in it.

Brown coal (lignite) is the worst with a high N/P/S content of up to 3%. But one photo is not enough to support the facts. You always need at least halve a year to document the seasonal changes. If the newspaper to serious work then its easy for them to find the data.

In Germany/Switzerland you have to clean all gases from coal/ waste/"wood rests" power plants and now they sell gypsum for buildings ...

If you stay in a place with infections then you most likely will get it...

That seems wrong if you use reasonable protective methods. Do you have data or a real (not conspiracy) site link to support it?

The only thing that gives some peace of mind is that this new virus seems to be much more lethal to Chinese than to other genetic make ups.

That gives you hope? What the hell do you mean? The statement is wildly racist! And probably wrong.

• If I have done my research correctly, the virus is spreading without knowing assisted from the 5G keeping the nod soft not to penetrate leading to death .if correct. the virus is spreading like wild fire.we will see.

• Official Post

Frem one of the frenc epidemiology team experts...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

in summarry:

0.17% mortality out of the epidemic center, classic for a respiratory disease, killing mostly 70yo+ men with preexisting disease, chronic bronchitis or diabete ... 10 similar respiratory virus are circulating, killing 10000 people in france, 2.6 million death each year globally.

some old molecule (chlorokine, agains paludism) seems to be working and they remind that running for new drigs is an occident bias, and chinese remind us that old may work... even antibiotic on virus, and antiviral on bacteria, or else...

They don't think that any vaccine will be available, as very few are created since 20 years...

• "The only thing that gives some peace of mind is that this new virus seems to be much more lethal to Chinese than to other genetic make ups."

That gives you hope? What the hell do you mean? The statement is wildly racist! And probably wrong.

That is a despicable thing to say, but it isn't exactly racist. Different races of people do have different rates of infection and mortality. In the U.S., black people were less susceptible to 1918 Spanish flu than most others, and their mortality rate was lower. I do not think the difference was large -- it was not "much more" -- but it was measurable. On the other hand, isolated groups not exposed to other influenza suffered the highest casualties by far, especially Inuit people. Quote:

"The Spanish influenza appeared at the Inuit community of Okak in late 1918, killing 204 of Okak's 263 residents."

https://www.heritage.nf.ca/art…tics/1918-spanish-flu.php

It is unlikely that Chinese people are significantly more susceptible to any form of influenza than other modern, exposed, cosmopolitan groups, given that influenza always results in a worldwide pandemic nowadays.

There are several diseases that vary by race because of common genotypes. For example, Japanese people get normal tension glaucoma more than people of other races. Doctors not used to looking for this type may not see it in the test results. When you are tested for glaucoma, they should ask you specifically if your ancestors are from Japan. See:

https://www.glaucoma.org/gleam…-in-asian-populations.php

A very stupid person I knew insisted this has nothing to do with race, and they should also be careful to look for normal tension glaucoma in a white person who lived in Japan or speaks Japanese.

Race is a nebulous concept with no firm biological basis, but it is an important category in medicine. People know what race and national origin they are from, so they can inform doctors before an exam, which can help.

• Article on a modified surgical mask to make it 100% effective for viruses:
    https://www.nature.com/articles/srep39956

Free and down-loadable.

"Universal and reusable virus deactivation system for respiratory protection"

Adds a plain salt coating(!) to the inner layer of a three-layer mask.

I just skimmed it, seems a little light on details on how to prepare the mask.

There are expert experimentalists on this site; any tips on how to do what they did?

ETA:
    Ah, should have read more. Procedure under "Methods".

And from the Abstract:
    "When tested with tightly sealed sides, salt-coated filters showed remarkably higher filtration efficiency than conventional mask filtration layer, and 100% survival rate was observed in mice infected with virus penetrated through salt-coated filters."

• Some real information from the guardian. Not the ordered disclaimer bias..

The Guradian: Worst case 60% world wide infections if not contained

60% is plausible. The 1918 pandemic infected about a third of the world population. People are much more mobile nowadays.

The only way to contain the pandemic is with a vaccine. It might be possible to hold it off and slow down the rate of infection long enough to deploy a vaccine. Let us hope it will be. That was not an option in 1918.

The rate of infection can be slowed down with hand washing, quarantine and so on. But an expert quoted in the N.Y. Time said that without a vaccine, trying to stop influenza is like trying to stop the wind.

Experts are still saying it will take about a year to deploy a vaccine. A U.S. researcher who developed a vaccine for SARS thinks it might work for the new type. He has a supply of the vaccine in a refrigerator. He cannot get funding to test it. This is idiotic. It is idiotic to the 5th power. Imagine not funding a modest effort with existing supplies to stop a disease that is costing 100 lives a day and billions of dollars, and that might kill millions of people. This demonstrated how anti-scientific and irrational the world has become.

• Official Post

I never meant my comment as racist!!!

I was simply saying that, as this thing is very contagious (something that is being acknowledged officially, not my idea or opinion), is nearly impossible to contain. So, as the possibility of a huge portion of mankind to get infected, as the Hong Kong expert suggests (60 to 80%) is already on the table, and I am seeing difficult that anyone not taking strict measures won’t get infected (me included), so I think I probably will get infected, and the only thing that seems to paint a less bleak outcome in general, and in my personal concern, is that, so far, the rate of lethality of non asiatic descent people has been smaller compared to the asiatic descent people. I am not glad at all about it, is a horrible situation for the Chinese people, and is an ongoing human tragedy, but if this were equally lethaly for all genetic make ups, we would be facing a true apocalyptic (in the biblical sense) event. This is probably going to cause a economic depression as it is, anyway.

Believe me I would truly love to be proven wrong, but all what is being known, points to the contrary. I guess we will know sooner than later.

• 70-80% chance of recovering

Oxygen helps too..

Spring is coming

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yu Changping, deputy chief physician at Department of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine at People's Hospital of Wuhan University,

is the first member of the novel coronavirus expert group of Hubei Provincial Center for Disease Control and Prevention who got infected

A state media outlet, CGTN has published propaganda on behalf of the Communist Party of China intermixed with normal news

• Peak of epidemic = mid late February

Supposes ..Chinese Epidemiologist Zhong Nanshan

• A very recent (Feb 10) Nature Reviews paper discusses some potential treatments --

"Therapeutic options for the 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV)"

Therapeutic options in response to the 2019-nCoV outbreak are urgently needed.

Here, we discuss the potential for repurposing existing antiviral agents to treat

2019-nCoV, some of which are already moving into clinical trials.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41573-020-00016-0

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.