Covid-19 News

• Official Post

Another conference by a Swiss professor, in French.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not very different from Pr Raoult, but more clearly concerned by the risk of pandemia, even if assuming low mortality, because the population have no immunity...

Transcription may be better, so translation...

NB: like Pr raoult, it seems clear that the high mortality in Wuhan seems linked to a very bad healthcare infrastructure...

He take as model the pandemia of H1N1.

• The government of Singapore has published some good advice for dealing with the coronavirus:

https://www.gov.sg/article/cov…ector-specific-advisories

NB: like Pr raoult, it seems clear that the high mortality in Wuhan seems linked to a very bad healthcare infrastructure...

I think the basic infrastructure there is not bad, but the initial response was very bad. Especially the packed waiting rooms full of sick people, waiting for hours. It was partly because they were unprepared. They did not have enough hazmat suits for the doctors. I doubt any city would have enough, today. Factories are now running 24 hours a day, and hospitals are stockpiling hazmat suits, masks and so on. A factory in Angers, France is one of the world's largest suppliers of masks. It is good that it is not in China, where production and distribution have been disrupted.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0…ronavirus-face-masks.html

If the spread of the disease can be slowed down by several months, hospitals worldwide will be better prepared and equipped to deal with it. If it can be delayed long enough to deploy a vaccine, the crisis will end.

So far, the disease is being held back in Beijing and many other large Chinese cities. That's good news. Over the next few weeks we will see whether it can be held at bay in Japan, South Korea and Italy. If it can, I think there is good hope of holding it back in the first world until a vaccine can be deployed. There will be some infections, and things like large gatherings will have to be banned. I expect the 2020 Olympics will have few if any live audience viewers. But perhaps large scale deaths in the hundreds of thousands can be avoided.

Without a vaccine, large scale deaths are probably inevitable. Thank goodness we can now develop and deploy new vaccines quickly.

• Official Post

Reuters is naming it, among others.

Reuters

Fear and greed. Smart people trying to guess how bad it may be.

The Dow Jones took a 3,52% hit today, so the future markets were not that off. I am afraid things are going to get a lot worse before they start to get better,

Since things are going bad in South Korea and Italy, panic is slowly setting in. This is by far worse than the virus itself.

• . . . panic is slowly setting in. This is by far worse than the virus itself.

I don't think so! Panic is fully justified. If panic forces governments to take steps, that's good.

I have seen too many mass media articles saying "ordinary flu kills thousands so what's the big deal?" That's illogical. That's too calm. Panic would be more rational.

A little more panic would help in the fight against global warming, as well. It might even encourage people to look at cold fusion.

• It makes me think of the story of the guy who dropped a barrel of concentrated insecticide and it rolled into the community water well. "Oh well if I tell anyone there would be a panic. I'll just go home and not tell anyone. It will eventually get flushed out of the system."

Market: realize there will be major loss of global product and major disruption of the supply lines. Factors these days are mostly time of demand in their supplies to avoid warehouse costs. Small businesses in China are about 70% of their GDP and Wuhan is China's major industrial region. Many cities are locked down and people cannot get to work, shops as are closed, restaurants, theater, ….. Many business are shut down and are not paying workers.

The current estimate going around the market is that there will be a 1.1 trillion dollar hit to the global economy based on just what has happened so far.

Me, I have a significant part of my portfolio in gold (GLD) and palladium (PALL). Oh they will take a hit but not like Apple (closing many IC units in China), airlines, ……

Panic or don't panic is up to you. But it is time for preparation and caution. The science of this new virus is not well known but it seems to attach to ACE2 sites which makes dangerous. Most will not die but it sure is likely to change the way of doing business for the remainder of the year.

• NB: like Pr raoult, it seems clear that the high mortality in Wuhan seems linked to a very bad healthcare infrastructure...

Wuhan has the worst smog situation world wide. They are a factor 20 above the allowed limit. If you breath acid air then this perfectly prepares your lung for any virus.

On the other side USA's CDC is monitoring corona (common cold virus) since 2018, long before the outbreak, as it is always responsible for a fraction of the flue death toll.

I do not expect that cov-19 in a normal - smog free - environment will significantly increase the death toll among healthy people. But who is healthy today? I first would think about this and ask why at least 1/4 of the western (over 60!) population takes more than one drug to balance bad live style. Some of these drugs have absolutely no positive effect like Statins and if you combine them with aspirin and blood pressure reduction drugs you, with a high probability - end up with a destroyed kidney.

Under this perspective - among obvious unhealthy - but feeling healthy people, the death toll may be significant and in the same dimension as influenza.

• Official Post

You all know the old saying that when a leader says everything is OK and all will be alright, is the exact day before everything goes haywire?

Well...

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

Wyttenbach, I've seen you say the same some times already, and I wonder if you are fully aware that the nCovid-2019 is a new coronavirus, very different from the classic and known Coronaviruses.

• As of Monday evening the numbers are 80,150 confirmed cases, 2,699 deaths and 9,210 in "critical condition"

But I have serious doubts about the true numbers of deaths in China, Iran and N Korea.

There are also rumors that Egypt may have cases and deaths but they have not reported yet.

cases now in Bahrain, Kuwait, U.A.E, Oman, Iraq

• I see it is a diversion since there is so little new cold fusion, LENR, ecat info out there. Me- I am still pounding away in the lab with only sporadic results. Also with the price of Pd so high, it has really cut into my experiments. (and I never did get much out of Ni)

• I see it is a diversion since there is so little new cold fusion, LENR, ecat info out there. Me- I am still pounding away in the lab with only sporadic results. Also with the price of Pd so high, it has really cut into my experiments. (and I never did get much out of Ni)

Silver, tungsten, copper and cobalt, traces of other gasses, doesn't hurt to try again! Silver is anti-viral as well 😋🙏🏽.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w…rticles_tbl1_51739318/amp

A link just for a touch of thread relevance. The anti-microbial fabrics with silver permeating through are cool.

• New related publications --

"Research points the way toward a practical nutraceutical strategy for coping with RNA virus infections"

https://medicalxpress.com/news…egy-coping-rna-virus.html

"Nutraceuticals have potential for boosting the type 1 interferon response to RNA viruses including influenza and coronavirus"

https://www.sciencedirect.com/…cle/pii/S0033062020300372

Also, it may be worth considering reducing the inflammatory storm caused by the immune response, by reducing activation of the NLRP3 inflammasome (possibly with beta hydroxybutyrate or the flavonoid apigenin) - perhaps when fever rises. Bats are reservoirs for corona viruses, likely due to their reduced NLRP3 response which allows them to fight the infection without a dangerous immune hyperactivation.

• A few simple things like more Sun, more bio-available vitaamin C (fresh fruit), plenty pure water, washing hands/arms/face and keeping away from the mindless hords of people are helpful. We often complicate things, but the messy parts of anatomy make the solution sometimes deutifully simple if they arrive from the environment. Being outside on a sunny day eating orange or pineapple, and doing some family physical exertion away from the crowds helps more than just drugs. Really just watch the results, if your sick you should heal faster outside of the hospital. Of course still quarantined in the case of coronavirus. Also putting your stress aside in a trusted care giver, God, or just being content saturated in the present will help anyone heal. The mind is helpful.

• Official Post

If anyone is looking for reassurance that everything is going to be fine, I think this news is really not good.

https://translate.google.cl/tr…m%2FNewsView%2F1YZ25XSKC3

(link is google translated from Korean To English)

Summary; The guy in charge of managing the Covid-19 crysis in South Korea, killed himself by jumping off a bridge.

• External Content youtu.be

• Somewhat good news, from the N.Y. Times:

A W.H.O. mission to China has said that the daily tally of new cases there peaked and then plateaued between Jan. 23 and Feb. 2, and has steadily declined since.

Chinese officials reported 508 new cases and 71 deaths as of Monday, a slower pace than in previous days.

I do not trust the Chinese government, but I do trust their doctors and medical establishment. I doubt there are wild exaggerations or a huge cover-up. No doubt there are inaccuracies.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.