Covid-19 News

• Vaccines are by far the cheapest way to reduce disease. They are orders of magnitude cheaper than any other method.

Switzerland had - until recently - a more or less public vaccine company and decided to sell it for profit. Now one of the most profitable businesses are vaccines for e.g. Hepatitis, Papilloma etc. . Do you really believe these companies will not optimize their profits ?? The bigger the panic the bigger the profit if it works. And you will need a new one every year like for the flu.

In other words, we still have no idea how many people are sick in the U.S., and you can ignore the Worldmeters total of 1,109. It could be 10,000 by now. Our Federal officials are hard at work trying to prevent more tests. I kid you not. As I noted earlier, see:

The average peoples education (according UN ) level in the US was 15 years ago at world ranking 35 just behind south Korea. Today USA average education must be compared with Africa - just check your leading Gorilla. Usually the state has less money to hire good people, except the army and secrete service... Thus if you look at the education that treats your problems, then please do not expect to much.

The main deficit of the US intellectual folks is overestimating the power they have base on their own education. Here the people must act!

• Official Post

I just found this article, I really don’t know if this source is really trustable, but certainly the idea that China has been saving people from death with lungs extracted from political prisoners, is spine chilling.

https://www.breitbart.com/nati…ers-to-treat-coronavirus/

• I just found this article, I really don’t know if this source is really trustable, but certainly the idea that China has been saving people from death with lungs extracted from political prisoners, is spine chilling.

In China there are several 100'000 prisoners from the Falungong sect. They are used as living organs sanctuary and slaughtered on demand. There are many trusted stories about this you really don't want to read and I will not reference. The current Chinese regime is not better than Stalin or Hitler or Mao...

But the idea that a lung can save your live under the current conditions can only be developed in a mind of the same level as Stalin, H....

Transplantation of lungs usually don't work and I would never try one.

• Official Post

It is preposterous. A lung transplant is extremely dangerous. A person who is sick with the flu would never survive a transplant.

Have some common sense!

JedRothwell, I since found that Breitbart is not a reliable source, but thanks for the confirmation.

• Official Post

US President Donald Trump has announced sweeping new travel restrictions on Europe in a bid to combat the spread of the coronavirus.

In a televised address, he said all travel from European countries would be suspended for the next 30 days.

But he said the "strong but necessary" restrictions would not apply to the UK, where 460 cases of the virus have now been confirmed.

There are 1,135 confirmed cases of the virus across the US, with 38 deaths.

"To keep new cases from entering our shores, we will be suspending all travel from Europe," Mr Trump said from the Oval Office on Wednesday.

"The new rules will go into effect Friday at midnight," he added.

• I just ordered the chloroquine from your earlier link. Thanks SOT for good actionable advice. I don't know if I will get it or it is real or effective, but at least I am giving it a try.

What I love about lenr form is that most people are very smart and yet open to new ideas.

If I recall, the chloroquine is (hopefully) effective because it serves as a cell membrane gateway and allows zinc ions into the human cell, and it is the zinc +2 ion which inhibits viral RNA polymerase from working (to produce more virus.) So, if chloroquine medicine does not have zinc as an additive (I have no idea), it presumably would be good to get zinc supplement as well. Zinc is critical for cell functioning and its quantity is of course regulated by the cell, but I suppose having more zinc hurts the viral mechanism more than the cell's own mechanisms.

I just found this article, I really don’t know if this source is really trustable, but certainly the idea that China has been saving people from death with lungs extracted from political prisoners, is spine chilling.

First, what JedRothwell - you can't do major surgery on a critically ill patient, not to mention immune suppression required for organ transplants, without most likely killing them. Second, what is to stop the virus from infecting and destroying the new lung, especially in the environment of immune suppression? Maybe some sadistic weirdo somewhere actually tried it but it would almost certainly be futile.

Breitbar, the source, is the origin of some of the most fragrant, steamy, dreadful, made up, conspiracy bullpucky in the entire world. Lies are their speciality and they relish false stories that seem spectacular. They are to be despised.

If I recall, the chloroquine is (hopefully) effective because it serves as a cell membrane gateway and allows zinc ions into the human cell, and it is the zinc +2 ion which inhibits viral RNA polymerase from working (to produce more virus.) So, if chloroquine medicine does not have zinc as an additive (I have no idea), it presumably would be good to get zinc supplement as well. Zinc is critical for cell functioning and its quantity is of course regulated by the cell, but I suppose having more zinc hurts and viral mechanism more than the cell's own mechanisms

Perhaps. If zinc is useful, there is a commercially available over the counter lozenge in the US called Cold Eeze. It is zinc glycinate and the formulation has been tested for absorption into mucous membranes. In some old double blind studies, Cold Eeze alone suppressed rhinovirus "common colds." I read this result was not solid. It does seem to given good subjective relief. I have used it. In moderate doses there is no toxicity.

Unfortunately not the same can be said for chloroquine. See : "Chloroquine And Hydroxychloroquine Toxicity" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK537086/

If you already have glaucoma or various diseases of the retina, macular degeneration, etc. caution is advised. I only browsed the article but it seems the toxicity happens only after some time, like maybe a year. I suppose if you are at risk of COVID-19 due to a known or likely exposure, it is probably worth it. If you are low risk, I'd keep it around but not use it until it is needed. Be sure to read a lot about any pharmaceutical you plan to use and only use those purchased without prescription on the internet as a last resort.

------------------------------------------ different issue related to COVID-19:

Sorry if this was already posted-- the virus attaches to a type of ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme) receptor. Many people take ACE inhibitors for high blood pressure. Drugs like enalapril (others ending in -pril). If you take these, you may want to use a different family of drugs. Some have very difficult to control high blood pressure and need to decrease the amount of angiotensin and therefore the amount of ACE in their blood. For them, there is another choice, an angiotensin receptor blocker or ARB. ARB's have the added potential benefit of somewhat blocking the virus whereas ACE inhibitors theoretically could make it worse. ARB's have not been shown as effective as ACE inhibitors in preventing heart disease and strokes (CVA's). ARB's are drugs like Losartan and others ending in -sartan. The potential effects of ACE inhibitors and ARB's on virus infection with COVID-19, far as I know, are purely theory at this point. But I did not look for studies yet. It would seem prudent to switch to ARB's but check with your physician first.

• . It would seem prudent to switch to ARB's but check with your physician first.

Very prudent. Sartans vs prils is a complex issue... even for the BMJ editors.

"The notion that angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) like Losartan can prevent COVID-2019 infection has started to circulate,

and in some cases we also witnessed its prescription for this reason, although no basis of evidence is available to date."

...the practice of prescribing ARBs or ACE-inhibitors for the prevention of COVID-2019 infection should be discouraged.

https://www.bmj.com/content/368/bmj.m406/rr-11

26 February 2020 BMJ

Davide Donelli

Physician

Michele Antonelli

AUSL-IRCCS Reggio Emilia

P.zza Matteotti 4, Guastalla, Italy

• Regarding chloroquine -- Since it is an zinc ionophore ( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4182877/ ), some other zinc-ionophores formed with natural substances may be less toxic, although that is uncertain.

The following may be of interest --

"A simple liposome assay for the screening of zinc ionophore activity of polyphenols"

https://daneshyari.com/article/preview/1183533.pdf

"Zinc ionophore activity of quercetin and epigallocatechin-gallate: from Hepa 1-6 cells to a liposome model."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25050823

• More reason to wash hands that have gone through populated indoor areas...

From medrxiv.. 9th March..

https://www.medrxiv.org/conten…03.09.20033217v1.full.pdf

HCoV-19 and SARS-CoV-1 exhibited similar half-lives in aerosols, with median estimates around 2.7 hours.

Both viruses show relatively long viability on stainless steel and polypropylene compared to copper or cardboard: the median half-life estimate for
    HCoV-19 is around 13 hours on steel and around 16 hours on polypropylene.

A notable feature of SARS-CoV-1 was super-spreading events, in which a single infected individual was responsible for a large number of secondary cases,

well above the average number denoted by the reproduction number.

A tendency toward such super-spreading events has two important consequences for the epidemiology of emerging infections:

it makes any given introduction of infection more likely to die out by chance,

but when outbreaks do occur they are explosive and can overwhelm hospital and public health capacity.

A number of hypothesized super-spreading events have been reported for HCoV-19.

Given that SARS-CoV-1 superspreading events were linked to aerosol and fomite transmission our finding that HCoV-19

has viability in the environment comparable to that of SARS lends credence to the hypothesis that it too may be associated with superspreading.

Sunshine uv may be beneficial in reducing Covid-19 halflife.. (according to Dr Nichols but there is little inside a hospital..in winter..or at night

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.