Covid-19 News

• Damage by plasmodium?

damage by another pathogen..is probably a better translation from the Japanese

actually although we don't normally harbor plasmodium..as you say

there are some benign protozoa.. that we do entertain

e pluribus unum as they say..

maybe not in the USA..

approximately 30 identified species of protozoa live in a variety of human tissues, both intracellularly and extracellularly.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/…cle/pii/S1525001600902181

• This is old but it deals with chloroquine overdose and treatment for it. Relevance to current crisis is doubtful so I include it only for perspective.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p…465/pdf/bmj00028-0055.pdf

Alan Smith

Mitchell is a very senior consulting oncologist and radiobio;ogy expert.

Thank you. Do you know if he is practicing clinically (with patients) and if so where?

So far, what I have seen here from him (assuming accurate quotes) has been disappointing. He is obviously qualified from what you report. What is he thinking, I wonder? Where does he get his information? I wish he would contribute here to discuss it.

• Coronavirus, far as I know, is not a rhinovirus. It is a picornavirus. Structure is somewhat similar. I'm not a virologist but I am pretty sure antiviral action is highly specific to the type of virus so I would not rely on the above report.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhinovirus

I think Dr. Swartz is a medical doctor (is he ?) but he seems to be promoting consistently sketchy/dubious/premature information without appropriate qualification.

From my understanding coronaviruses are their own distinct family. There were 6 of them known to transmit to humans, with COVID-19 now becoming the 7th.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/types.html

• Here is an excellent interview with Larry Brilliant:

https://www.wired.com/story/co…-smallpox-epidemiologist/

The Doctor Who Helped Defeat Smallpox Explains What's Coming

Epidemiologist Larry Brilliant, who warned of pandemic in 2006, says we can beat the novel coronavirus—but first, we need lots more testing.

[He addresses some technical issues that have been discussed here:]

Since it's novel, we’re still learning about it. Do you believe that if someone gets it and recovers, that person thereafter has immunity?

So I don't see anything in this virus, even though it's novel, [that contradicts that]. There are cases where people think that they've gotten it again, [but] that's more likely to be a test failure than it is an actual reinfection. But there's going to be tens of millions of us or hundreds of millions of us or more who will get this virus before it's all over, and with large numbers like that, almost anything where you ask “Does this happen?” can happen. That doesn't mean that it is of public health or epidemiological importance.

[That is what the Japanese epidemiologist on National News said; "it was probably a test failure."]

Is this the worst outbreak you’ve ever seen?

It's the most dangerous pandemic in our lifetime.

We are being asked to do things, certainly, that never happened in my lifetime—stay in the house, stay 6 feet away from other people, don’t go to group gatherings. Are we getting the right advice?

Well, as you reach me, I'm pretending that I'm in a meditation retreat, but I'm actually being semi-quarantined in Marin County. Yes, this is very good advice. . . .

Flatten the curve.

By slowing it down or flattening it, we're not going to decrease the total number of cases, we're going to postpone many cases, until we get a vaccine—which we will, because there's nothing in the virology that makes me frightened that we won’t get a vaccine in 12 to 18 months. . . .

I hold out hope that we get an antiviral for Covid-19 that is curative, but in addition is prophylactic. It's certainly unproven and it's certainly controversial, and certainly a lot of people are not going to agree with me. But I offer as evidence two papers in 2005, one in Nature and one in Science. They both did mathematical modeling with influenza, to see whether saturation with just Tamiflu of an area around a case of influenza could stop the outbreak. And in both cases, it worked. . . .

Now that we've missed the opportunity for early testing, is it too late for testing to make a difference?

Absolutely not. Tests would make a measurable difference. We should be doing a stochastic process random probability sample of the country to find out where the hell the virus really is. . . .

• SoT,

This could be done on a military base.

Quarantine/separate 100 people,

prep as needed, administer, monitor etc.

publish results.

• hold out hope that we get an antiviral for Covid-19 that is curative, but in addition is prophylactic. It's certainly unproven

https://www.smh.com.au/politic…study-20140410-zqt3i.html

The manufacturer of Tamiflu... made a lot of money out of it

They also made much of relatively slim data.. typical of BigPharm

The ethics of Roche even with a product such as Vitamin C are disgraceful

Australia and others... spent billions on stocking hospitals with Tamiflu..

unfortunately it is also useless against Covid

Proof of efficacy is a MUST.. I don't believe that a Tamiflu focussed attack would have stopped a birdflu pandemic

• There is the Cult Theory.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think I have told you enough for a public space. After all, I might ask you the same questions. And that would never do.

Actually, the emergency is so dire and extreme, I have been debating whether to put my full credentials online where readers could see them. Instead, so far, I have tried to post the most useful information and to document as well as I can within the time I have.

• Italian Doctor with CV.

The diet Doctor.

• Official Post

Dr. William Grace, Lenox Hill Oncologist, New York. Interviewed by Laura Ingraham on Fox News talking about using chloroquine to treat COVID-19

"Everybody is using it now off-label. We have a surge of coronavirus 19 patients throughout the metropolitan area of New York. And the problem is these patients are coming in quite sick and when they get to a very difficult respiratory status, doctors are using hydroxychloroquine with or without a drug called zithromax or azithromicin, and that's showing tremendous activity. And we have not had a death in our hospital. We have probably close to 100 patients and not had any deaths. But I've talked to many of my colleagues at other hospitals in New York and they also are using hydroxychloroquine although the supplies are running down, so any kind of supplements to those supplies will be much appreciated. . . in the trenches we're all using it, especially for desperately ill people . . . we think it works in two ways, as you know the death rate goes up as the age goes up, and what I think is the more mature your immune response is, the more likely you are to have a cytokine storm, which means that people with viral pneumonias die because their lungs fill up with fluids largely from an immune response, and this drug works not only inhibiting virus replication, but also inhibits the immune response so you don't get the tremendous amount of inflammation. That's why the drug is also used in rheumatoid arthritis and lupus"

https://therightscoop.com/watc…and-have-had-zero-deaths/

• Coronavirus, far as I know, is not a rhinovirus. It is a picornavirus. Structure is somewhat similar. I'm not a virologist but I am pretty sure antiviral action is highly specific to the type of virus so I would not rely on the above report.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhinovirus

I think Dr. Swartz is a medical doctor (is he ?) but he seems to be promoting consistently sketchy/dubious/premature information without appropriate qualification.

yes, MD and MIT PhD

• thank you Israel.

"Israeli generic drug giant Teva announced Friday that it will provide ten million doses of its anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine, which could potentially prove effective in fighting the coronavirus pandemic, to US hospitals free of charge. ......The company said six million doses will be delivered to US hospitals by March 31, and more than ten million in a month. ....According to the study carried out by Prof. Raoult on 24 patients with coronavirus, six days after the start of taking hydroxychloroquine, the virus had disappeared in three-quarters of people treated......

According to the study carried out by Prof. Raoult on 24 patients with coronavirus, six days after the start of taking hydroxychloroquine, the virus had disappeared in three-quarters of people treated.

• And Azithromycin is perhaps not the best antibiotic for bacterial pneumonia. Ampiciilin with clavulonic acid (Augmentin in the US) may be better as may Cipro and similar drugs. An infectious diseases expert, treating a specific patient, would decide on a case by case basis and (important) following sputum culture and sensitivity tests.

SOT: The above is the right comment. Others do recommend the ones you mentioned.

Normal air is loaded with harmful bacteria and virus in low concentration but an inflamed lung may not have not enough resistance. The examples I gave were translated by my wife from a Japanese paper something you may be cannot read. Japanese doctors could find the reason behind the non reversible lung defect after a deep covid-19 infection. May be she used the wrong term and amoeba would have been correct as the origin is not malaria. I also know many doctors that mix up some types of bacteria etc..

Thus giving Azithromycin is one try to prevent such negative effects. Whether it works out might be known in the near future, but as Alan references it seems to work with yet unknown damage!

Try to hold back your emotion. I even never recommended you should take hydroxy chloroquine just based on your own feelings as others do.

But it is easy to predict: It will happen - uncontrolled soon - in the USA too - as seen in Africa and the effect might be quite negative.

• may be she used the wrong term and amoeba

The general term protozoa... is a probably a better..translation.. than plasmodium.. or amoeba

Of course SOT with his nonhumorous CV would have more extensive knowledge than these Japanese researchers...:)

BTW

I was wondering whether Roche's imprisoning and persecution of a whistleblower over Vitamin C pricing

is still common knowledge in Switzerland?'

". Adams' wife was told that he faced a 20-year jail term for industrial espionage. She committed suicide. "

https://www.justice.gov/archiv…ss_releases/1999/2450.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Adams_(whistleblower)

• I do not know enough about medicine to follow this discussion of hydroxychloroquine. I could not judge whether it might be effective. However, since it has been approved for other uses, I suppose it is reasonably safe in the correct dosage. Even if it does no good, I don't suppose it would do much harm. If doctors feel it helps, I would encourage them to use it. I would ask that it be used on me if I were sick. I understand that in normal circumstances you have to do double-blind testing and you have to be careful when deploying a new drug. You even have to be careful when using an old drug in new ways. But these are not normal circumstances. In this situation, I think we should put aside the rules and use whatever the doctors think is best. They may be judging by intuition, but the intuition of a professional is often a good thing to go by. You want ship captains and airplane pilots to pay close attention to their intuition.

We can always do double blind tests for a reserved set of people while many doctors outside the study go ahead and use the drug before the test results are in.

Since this situation is so extraordinary, I think we should skip some steps in the development of a vaccine, too. Or accelerate steps, even to the point of recklessness. As reported the other day, tests of vaccines on human volunteers has already begun. This might hurt the test subjects, but they are willing to take that risk. I would be willing too, even if they told me there is a significant risk of harm. In this case, the harm of delaying far outweighs the harm that a few dozen volunteers might suffer.

I believe in normal circumstances, they would not have started the human tests so soon. I guess they would still be inoculating mice or primates?

• I guess they would still be inoculating mice or primates?

I think they are doing animal plus human trials in parallel

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00798-8

Normally, vaccines go into human trials after tests for safety and effectiveness in animals. But the Moderna vaccine and another being developed by Inovio Pharmaceuticals in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, are being tested in animals at the same time as human phase 1 trials are happening. Inovio plans to begin its first human trial in April.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.