Covid-19 News

• That is only partly true. They did know of it, and tried to hide it. However they succeeded in containment. They told the W.H.O. other countries all about how they contained it, and offered help. Only Korea and Japan paid attention. The Japanese doctors say they learned many lessons and many practical techniques from their Chinese colleagues. If the U.S. and the EU had paid attention, we would have contained it. There is no question these techniques work. It cannot be a coincidence that three large countries have only 50 to 100 cases a day, no pressure on their hospitals, and practically no deaths. This is containment.

The Chinese government has been evil, but the medical establishment and the scientists have performed magnificently. Plus, we must give credit to the political leaders for handing over control to the medical establishment, mobilizing resources, building hospitals overnight, and moving army medics and others into Wuhan.

jed,

You simply cannot compare South Korea and Japan to Europe and the US.

These 2 countries are surrounded by water,

the only way to get there is by boat and plane. Their containment was infinitely easier than than what Europe and the US

had to deal with.

Containment is critical here but it must be taken in context of what exactly is being contained.

South Korea is slightly larger than Indiana,

Imagine Indiana surrounded by water, how easy would containment be compared to say Illinois?

The geographical conditions of those 2 countries worked in their favor, not so in Europe and the US.

• It has been said a few times that these Asian countries were hit badly by MERS and SARS (other coronaviruses) not long ago, so it’s almost like they had a dress rehearsal for this one. Of course viruses have hit both North America and Europe too, but those two viruses may have spurred these countries to really be proactive in a way that we just weren’t.

• Jed is correct. Italy is largely geographically isolated by sea and mountain s to the North, not that different to Korea. Massive uncontained outbreak there. Then the UK is an island like Japan. We're awaiting a massive similar outbreak here with our delayed quarantine, sloppy testing, inability to start using anti-virus therapy. The only areas on the planet where you can get away without strict ( as we should have learned from the Chinese) , screening, tracing cases and anti-virus treatment are malarial regions where there quite fortuitously is widespread use of quinine analogs similar to chloroquine. As I have said all along sure clinical trials should be done but this epidemiological evidence is a clincher that I'm almost certain it's bound to beat this pandemic either as a prophylactic or by early treatment before significant irreversible lung damage occurs. As with LENR, there is nobody listening to this advice.

As I shared in my previous post, getting a vaccine for influenza gets you over a 30 percent increased chance of infection from corona virus.

Scholarly reference with peer reviewed controlled study or shut the f*ck up.

But inactivated vaccines like DTaP is another story. Those vaccines kill many times more children than they save,

Complete, total stupid crap. Maybe if you were a physician or other health professional and had ever seen a case of tetanus, diphtheria, or pertussis (whooping cough), you wouldn't voice such inane idiocy.

• Daily new. cases and deaths down in Italy really good news hopefully will follow the same trajectory as in China, S Korea after quarantining measures and introduction of anti-virus therapies kick in. Need both to end this pandemic. Chloroquine, hydoxychloroquine, azithromycin, favlivavir, remdesivir

Your news is not very helpful and with respect to Italy things have changed today. Also we don't have the real numbers because for people older than 60 many hospitals are closed, what means you have look for an other one or die at home. Real figure of deaths for Italy is 2-4 times higher, as originally in Wuhan too.

favlivavir, remdesivir are power shots some big (US) pharma would like to install as a new earning path. But the only working one is Favipiravir from Japan.

The above one and also the cheaper Kaletra/lopinavirritonavir - already generic (used in Switzerland with some success) - show some effect but not much in younger people. Compared to Favipiravir their use could be a violation of the best treatment code and you can be sure that the lawyers will be the ones with the biggest profit from the crisis.

I would urge the USA to get a big junk of the Chinese Favipiravir production as they have licensed the drug from Japan. The initial first day dose is 8 tablets of 200mg quite high what means you need a lot!

• I tried 24.7globalmed.com again and I just get a server down message. There is some advertised on ebay. Favilavir is the same as favipiravir. & should be tested in conjunction with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin. Who thinks of these cumbersome names? Maybe a throwback to using Latin in prescriptions.

• chunk of Chinese Favipiravir production

China trial .n=120 favipiravir vs Arbidol

https://www.medrxiv.org/conten…101/2020.03.17.20037432v1

First patients Feb 20.. Report March 20

Results:

for ordinary patients with COVID-19, 7 day′s clinical recovery rate was 55.86% in the arbidol group and 71.43% in the favipiravir group (P = 0.0199).

but no difference was observed of auxiliary oxygen therapy or noninvasive mechanical ventilation rate .

Conclusion

In ordinary COVID-19 patients untreated with antiviral previously, favipiravir can be considered as a preferred treatment

because of its′ higher 7 day′s clinical recovery rate and more effectively reduced incidence of fever, cough .

Covid is a complicated beast with multiple targets (>16) proteins/enzymes..

It also mutates like HIV..other viruses. and can become resistant quickly

Influenza virus quickly becomes resistant to F.

. Covid becomes resistant to ciclesonide.. how long does it take to become hydroCQ resistant?

Multiple Simultaneous drug treatment eg hydroCQ + F+ ? + ?

May get higher recovery rate in the short term plus long term.. Trials in Europe based on 7 day recovery rate?

• Scholarly reference with peer reviewed controlled study or shut the f*ck up.

Complete, total stupid crap. Maybe if you were a physician or other health professional and had ever seen a case of tetanus, diphtheria, or pertussis (whooping cough), you wouldn't voice such inane idiocy.

I was going to reply in a similar but more polite way. Better like this.

Mark: suppose you explain exactly how the data linked in the paper your link links supports your ideas? Carefully? Remembering that causality and correlation are quite different, and correlation does not imply causality?

The main take home from that paper is that flu vaccination reduces flu. What a surprise!

• Multiple strains of Covid virus..

This is a complex mutating beast..confirmation from Iceland..which has the highest testing rate in the world..

Unfortunately its island status is not affording it splendid isolation..

It’s been confirmed that an individual who tested positive for COVID-19 in Iceland has been infected by two strains of the virus simultaneously.

The second strain is a mutation of the original novel coronavirus.

It is thought that this could be the first recorded dual infection case of this kind.

This is just one of the startling new discoveries deCODE has uncovered from its analysis

of the genetic sequences of 40 COVID-19 strains found in Iceland.

Vaccines are going to be complicated to develop..

https://grapevine.is/news/2020…s-of-covid-19-in-iceland/

• More inaction.. on a small island this time

maybe the results will be out later this week..

there is nothing private about the Covid RNA sequences..

Kári Stefánsson Slams Data Protection Authority For Weekend Inaction

"“Privacy does not work on weekends even though not only Rome, but all the cities of the world are burning,” he wrote on Sunday evening,

before going on to suggest that against the backdrop of the COVID-19 pandemic, the agency’s weekend inaction was tantamount to a crime."

https://grapevine.is/news/2020…ity-for-weekend-inaction/

• I tried 24.7globalmed.com again and I just get a server down message. There is some advertised on ebay. Favilavir is the same as favipiravir. & should be tested in conjunction with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin. Who thinks of these cumbersome names? Maybe a throwback to using Latin in prescriptions.

Favilavir/ favipiravir is only used in conjunction with interferon inhalation see Japanese/Chinese protocol. Only in more severe cases with deep lung infection you also have to tease microbes.

The only thing you can do to get a good therapy: Tell your doctors what you want to have or better don't want to have at all! The best tactics for this: Prepare a sheet of paper they have to sign in the form that they have been informed by you that X,Y,Z are the best known therapies today and if they continue otherwise its their legal risk what they usually never take.

If they don't want to sign its enough to bring second person with you - not family related - that signs the paper instead of the doctor after you have informed the doctor. For this action its enough just to give/show (must stay afterward at hospital) the doctor a paper copy of the known therapies. There is no need the doctor reads them to make him liable. It's just enough that it was presented and witnessed.

• Virus mutation rate???? Discrepancy???

John Hopkins U data

"There are only about four to 10 genetic differences between the strains that have infected people

in the United States and the original virus that spread in Wuhan, he said."

Iceland

"This is just one of the startling new discoveries deCODE has uncovered from its analysis

of the genetic sequences of 40 COVID-19 strains found in Iceland."

Data...... data... data.. the sooner the better..

The mutation rate is important to get some idea of

how long this beast is going to be around..

6 months 1 year 10 years.. forever

There is some [hydroxychloroquine?] advertised on ebay.

I started thinking to look there but undocumented internet pharmacies are sketchy enough. At least, and from the packaging I got so far, the medications are at least the standard for India which does have an FDA (Federal Drug Administration) and regulations. Getting drugs from eBay is a total unknown. You have no idea about the legitimacy of the substance delivered if any is. Selling prescription drugs on eBay is against eBay policy so you are dealing with someone who doesn't care about rules. And it's illegal in the US to do that so you may also be dealing with a criminal. It's difficult to assess that risk. At least, if you do it, pay with PayPal or a virtual credit card so your potential losses are limited. And don't use what you receive unless you are very sick, getting sicker, are sure it's COVID-19 (testing) and have written your will. ||

FYI: having either internet or modem issues... probably internet (Spectrum cable) because others report it also.

oldguy: weird report. I wish people who undertake to treat with a novel drug choice would make some efforts to get control groups and of course, informed consent. You can always treat control group patients if they clearly get worse on placebo. That would be a single blind rather than double blind trial but gee... doing this without controls... who knows what if anything it means? I wonder if he is doing it without testing too...

• You simply cannot compare South Korea and Japan to Europe and the US.

I sure can compare them. I have been doing it all my life.

These 2 countries are surrounded by water,

the only way to get there is by boat and plane. Their containment was infinitely easier than than what Europe and the US

had to deal with.

That's ridiculous. After the first few cases, all of the cases in both countries came from people who were already there. From the native population. It was spread from one prefecture to another by the native population. Closing the borders completely would not help after the first case comes in. As I said before, take 1 case, assume it will double to 2 every 3 days. See what you get. Millions of cases in a few months.

Furthermore --

• The U.S. and EU could have quarantined everyone coming in for 14 days.
    • China has people coming in and going out, and moving within the country.
    • Japan has had many sick people come in from Europe in the last month. They have tested everyone who comes in. Any sick person goes into the hospital. As far as anyone knows, all but one sick person was found and stopped at the airport. There was a national mass media brouhaha when they discovered one young woman walked out of the quarantine area without waiting for the test results, and took another flight home. One case caused a brouhaha. That's how carefully they are monitoring things.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.