Covid-19 News

• This is what I received from a US pharmacy after sending in a prescription.

Dear HealthWarehouse.com Customer,

Due to the national shortage and directives from the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy (the state where we are located), we are ONLY dispensing Hydroxychloroquine, Chloroquine, Mefloquine, and Azithromycin to patients who meet the following criteria:

1. Proof of prior diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis or Lupus – we must be able to verify prior filling history with either our pharmacy or another pharmacy.

2. Proof of positive test for COVID-19 (also known as coronavirus or current novel virus)

At this time, we are unable to accommodate orders for Malaria prevention.

If you have a positive test of COVID-19 or a prior verifiable diagnosis for RA or Lupus, please email [email protected] or reply to this email within 24 hours. Otherwise, your order will be CANCELLED

Additionally, Doctors prescribing outside of their scope of practice will be DENIED, regardless of diagnosis.

Wondering what out forum pundits will suggest in order to block new entrance way? Echinacea, molibdenium , imodium?

Unobtainium?

was chloroquine sale for malaria prophylaxis blocked in the US as it was here? I'd be interested if anyone knows.

No. Blocked by who? In the US, doctors decide who get prescriptions. The prescription generally does not say and does not have to say the indication (reason) for giving it. Of course, the FDA can regulate. But, again "generally," American practitioners are allowed "off label" prescriptions.

Some pharmacies in my area (SoCal) have the drugs and others don't. Pharmacists in the US are also licensed professionals. Some have set their own requirements for providing hydroxychloroquine. They are allowed to and do question the patients. There is no uniform policy. If this seems confusing, it is.

ETA: from a pharmacy in India from whom I previously received a small amount of chloroquine in 7 days: The note is about a new order placed 3/20/2020 for a small amount of hydroxychloroquine.

Unfortunately we are unable to deliver your order on time.

All international flights (Airmail and EMS), Post services work irregularly in

the wake of the coronavirus. You will receive your order immediately as soon

as the sittuation improves. Please take our apologies for the inconvenience.

The order in question is tracked by India Post as having left India a week ago. USPS tracking (US post office) shows it as "label created but package not in our system yet).

• Official Post

TA: from a pharmacy in India from whom I previously received a small amount of chloroquine in 7 days: The note is about a new order placed 3/20/2020 for a small amount of hydroxychloroquine.

India banned export of Cloroquine around the 23rd March I doubt you will see your order.

https://www.ft.com/content/dc8…ae-11ea-89df-41bea055720b

• Bjohnk .....that is at least encouraging that your pharmacies will actually prescribe HCQ with a doctor's prescription for COVID. You cannot do that here. My local pharmacist just asked me to go away and that it did not work against corona virus even though I tried to fool him that I wanted it for malaria for a trip abroad. This was a central directive presumably to all UK pharmacists. So if it doesn't work why is it being stockpiled? Saving it for the police and military? No health professionals have been offered it for prophylaxis here, unlike in Australia.

India banned export of Cloroquine around the 23rd March I doubt you will see your order.

My order was placed on the 19th. I am still hoping it will show up. India Post Tracking returns:

Date Time Country Location Event Type Mail Category Next Office Remarks

21/03/2020 11:34:20 India New Delhi Foreign Post Booking Coun Item Dispatched Air New Delhi Foreign Post Office

21/03/2020 11:25:37 India New Delhi Foreign Post Booking Coun Item Bagged Air

21/03/2020 10:47:48 India New Delhi Foreign Post Booking Coun Item Booked Air

New Delhi Foreign Post Booking Coun21/03/2020 10:47:48IndiaEMS MerchandiseUSAUSA1003.00
  • They have been absolutely horrendous! All of them, even the few conservative news sites. I check headlines on all the majors just to try and spot trends...then get off as quickly as I can. So depressing, and morbid. The worse IMO, is the Daily Mail. So bad, it is almost funny, but they keep bringing back with those celebrity bikini shots. They know me all too well...the SOBs. :)

Without question it is CNN,

a class by themselves,

They are the Alpha and Omega of

politically biased news media,

There is no close 2nd on planet Earth.

(Maybe planet Rossi, but not planet Earth).

I ordered a second one since I was not sure I would get the first one. Could not find a reasonable and reliable source for Hydroxy.

If you are in the US, some pharmacies carry and stock it. And some doctors and PA's are willing to prescribe it off label if you think you are starting to get coronavirus. With careful history, exam, and EKG and with EKG followup and labs. A few doctors will do it over the phone, I have heard.

• China seems to be very vulnerable to a second wave.

it’s April’s fools day so I take everything with a spoon of salt.

but the link is from Reuters so I will leave it here for your perusal.

https://news.trust.org/item/20200401151444-l11ny/

I don't understand what you are saying here.

Anywhere now that gets rid of COVID is vulnerable to renewed infections from external migration, animal reservoirs (unproven but possible) surface virus which refrigerated can live for a very long time, asymptomatic people still shedding virus at low levels.

Whether that leads to renewed community transmission depends on the speed of response, and its strength.

It says in this link that the Chinese response to this is very strong. Whether detection is fast is I guess unclear, but from what we have heard they have developed pretty good track and trace systems (app based). it worked to stop the virus once, it should, applied locally, work to stamp out any outbreak.

So I'd guess they are less vulnerable than most countries, until others practice the same level of track and trace. That means every member of the population having a phone app that records position, possible symptoms, and the resources to follow up positive cases.

The "second wave" meme is based on the idea that social distancing + the virus spreading less in Summer can kill the epidemic, while not necessarily completely eliminating cases. As happens often with flue. Then, next Winter, transmission rates go up and we get another wave. All the countries practicing suppression will inevitably see this if they lift the suppression measures. They are not just vulnerable, they are pretty certain to get it, until herd immunity is established or they have measured that can quickly reduce transmission below 1 locally. Herd immunity requires much larger number of cases and deaths than anyone is contemplating, so is not currently seen as an option (though UK planning documents from 2011 analysing this situation reckoned it was the only feasible option).

Which is why for me, and I think most who think about this, the exit strategy for western countries before a vaccine requires significantly better treatment options, an expanded COVID-prepared health system, or Chinese levels of intrusive track and trace with heavily resourced teams doing the work. It is a pity this is not more being discussed politically. We run the risk of being too late when it is needed, as we were too late with the initial response.

• Official Post

The inhaled corticosteroid ciclesonide blocks coronavirus RNA replication by targeting viral NSP15

Shutoku Matsuyama, Miyuki Kawase, Naganori Nao, Kazuya Shirato, Makoto Ujike, Wataru Kamitani, Masayuki Shimojima, Shuetsu Fukushi
    doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.03.11.987016This article is a preprint

Abstract

Steroid compounds, which are expected to have dual functions in blocking host inflammation and MERS-CoV replication, were screened from a chemical library. Within this library, ciclesonide, an inhaled corticosteroid, suppressed human coronavirus replication in cultured cells, but did not suppress replication of respiratory syncytial virus or influenza virus. The effective concentration of ciclesonide to block SARS-CoV-2 (the cause of COVID-19) replication (EC90) was 6.3 μM. After the eleventh consecutive MERS-CoV passage in the presence of ciclesonide, a resistant mutation was generated, which resulted in an amino acid substitution (A25V) in nonstructural protein (NSP) 15, as identified using reverse genetics. A recombinant virus with the mutation was also resistant to ciclesonide suppression of viral replication. These observations suggest that the effect of ciclesonide was specific to coronavirus, suggesting this is a candidate drug for treatment of patients suffering MERS or COVID-19.

https://www.biorxiv.org/conten…/2020.03.11.987016v1.full

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.