Covid-19 News

• Ahlfors cited:

Like many other drugs, chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine can cause changes in the electrocardiogram.

At the risk of repeating myself, this is important. In a subject who has a long interval between the Q wave and the T wave of their electrocardiogram (400 msec corrected for heart rate is roughly the upper limit of normal), hydroxychloroquine, chloroquine and possibly antibiotics including azithromycin, may further lengthen this interval. That messes with the heart's conduction system and can result in premature beats, supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) and even ventricular tachycardia, an extremely dangerous rhythm which often leads to ventricular fibrillation which causes death in minutes unless there is intervention with a defibrillator.

You can ask your health care provider to measure your Q-T interval. If you are a bit technically oriented, you can do it yourself. You will need to get a recent EKG. Either from your provider or one you take yourself. To take it yourself is possible but not entirely easy using the Kardia device. This is available in two forms, one lead (Lead I) or standard 6 lead (Leads I, II, III, aVR, aVL, and aVF). Usually lead I is enough but sometimes it's better to have the others. Kardia, in the US, is available without prescription, from Amazon for $90 (one lead) and $150 (six lead). The device is tiny, intrinsically safe (3V battery) and entirely wireless. To use Kardia correctly, make sure your Kardia app has access to blue tooth and to the microphone (on the iPhone anyway, I don't know about the Android app if there is one). Kardia is also available as an accessory to the iWatch. I am not familiar with that. Amazon has other inexpensive EKG DIY devices but I do not know if they work properly. Kardia does.

You can learn how to measure your Q-T interval from this wikipedia entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QT_interval and note the correction for heart rate when you determine "normal."

The Kardia app allows you to send a PDF of 30 seconds of EKG along with a calibration grid, to your PC or other device connected to a printer, using email or text messaging. The measurement should be made on a printed copy. Note that the grid made with the printer may not be accurate. On my printer, what should be 25 mm/second turns out to be 22. If that happens, correct appropriately. For example if your Q-T is 9 mm and your one second grid marks are 22 mm apart, your interval is 9/22 or 0.41 seconds (410 msec). Again be sure to correct for heart rate as per the wiki article.

If you elect to take chloroquine or hydroxychlotoquine, with or without azithromycin, I recommend doing this measurement every day. QT prolongation can happen that fast. If it happens, stop the drugs and notify your health care provider. If you are very isolated, you may wish to have a supply of a beta blocker around. It may help protect from arrhythmias associated with prolongation of the QT interval.

Sorry, no time to proofread, please make a post for me if there are typos or questions. If you are planning self medication, you may want to note and print this post.

Remember the old adage, the person who medicates themselves has a fool for a physician! Always consult your medical provider before doing ANYTHING recommended on the internet. Including this!

• source https://swprs.org

Fake news or facts about CV ?

"Es ist einer der wichtigsten Aspekte unseres Medien­systems – und dennoch in der Öf‌fent­lich­keit nahezu unbekannt: Der größte Teil der inter­na­tio­nalen Nach­rich­ten in all unseren Medien stammt von nur drei glo­balen Nach­rich­ten­agen­turen aus New York, London und Paris. Die Schlüssel­rolle dieser Agen­turen be­wirkt, dass west­liche Medien zu­meist über die glei­chen The­men be­richten und dabei sogar oftmals dieselben For­mu­lie­rungen ver­wenden. Zu­dem nutzen Re­gie­rungen, Mi­li­tärs und Ge­heim­dienste die glo­balen Agen­turen als Mul­ti­pli­kator für die welt­weite Ver­brei­tung ihrer Bot­schaf‌ten. Die trans­at­lan­tische Ver­netzung der eta­blier­ten Medien ge­währ­leis­tet da­bei, dass die ge­wün­schte Sicht­weise kaum hin­ter­fragt wird.

Eine Unter­suchung der Syrien-Bericht­er­stat­tung von je drei füh­ren­den Tages­zei­tungen aus Deutsch­land, Öster­reich und der Schweiz illus­triert diese Ef‌fekte deutlich."

"It is one of the most important aspects of our media system and yet virtually unknown to the public: Most of the international news in all our media comes from just three global news agencies from New York, London and Paris. The key role of these agencies is that Western media often report on the same issues, and often use the same wording. In addition, governments, military and intelligence agencies use global agencies as multipliers for the global distribution of their embassies. The transatlantic interconnectedness of the established media ensures that the desired view is hardly questioned. An investigation of the Syria coverage of three leading daily newspapers from Germany, Austria and Switzerland illustrates these effects clearly."

"Our C19 article is now available in 14 and soon 20 languages. Daily updates will now be discontinued, a summary analysis and additional background information will follow. The medical evidence from all parts of the world is clear:

for the vast majority of the population, even the elderly, C19 produces no symptoms or mild symptoms. Local healthcare collapses and excess mortality have psychological and political reasons first and foremost.

Anybody showing exponential „case curves“ is deceiving or has been deceived: while the number of tests increases exponentially, the test-positive ratio remains constant in all countries examined, irrespective of measures taken.

„C19 deaths“ are defined and reported in a nonsensical and obviously exaggerating way. Doing the same with herpes simplex woud yield a 90% death rate. In reality, it is 0%.

Politicians claiming to protect or liberate a people while having other things in mind is nothing new; nor is a media instilling fear and panic into the population, even by using manipulations. Edward Snowden has already voiced his warning of current developments. This is what world renowned virology Professor John Oxford has to say about the current situation: „I would say the best advice is to spend less time watching TV news which is sensational and not very good. I view this Covid outbreak as akin to a bad winter influenza epidemic. We are suffering from a media epidemic!“"

• Official Post

At the end everything happening around us is painted by our brain and subjective.

The world in a lockdown and as a result the Covid deniers can not be sent to Italy to help the army to load dead bodies.

Are they claiming it is normal to call the army for a 'seasonal' increased mortality events every year?

Maybe they want to claim it is a TV show manufactured by European governments all part of global conspiracy.

If there is a singularity in the universe that must be the stupidity, indeed has no limits.

• Anybody showing exponential „case curves“ is deceiving or has been deceived: while the number of tests increases exponentially, the test-positive ratio remains constant in all countries examined, irrespective of measures taken.

„C19 deaths“ are defined and reported in a nonsensical and obviously exaggerating way.

No change is natural death rate in Switzerland since covid-19 start....

But please do not rate this as a simple flue as the mortality so far among younger <40 is the the range of 0.2%. (smoking, smog and other preconditions...)

I completely agree with the conclusion as the older people - the most affected ones - own 90% of the world wide property and all the press. They are also the most interesting patients (asset!) for big pharma and now die away in a to short time frame.

Nobody will like to see his parents/gran parents to die. At the end the deal is obvious. Either you destroy the civilization for several years or you save the live of some 100'000 old folks that in average had to live some 3-5 additional years.

You can choose between a small poison pill and a really big one!

But... You have stand face to face with piles of dead bodies. (crematorium Milano has a backlog of one month --> closed) You will have many friends with reduced lung function if not treated in time or medication not ready.

That's what our and other governments are thinking about. When is the time ready to lift the lock-out rules to at least fully protect the labor force...

• Official Post

https://eiriu-eolas.org/2020/0…orks-obesity-is-a-factor/

Interesting stats from New Orleans. They list obesity as a factor, along with the pre-existing conditions we already knew about:

"New Orleans residents suffer from obesity, diabetes and hypertension at rates higher than the national average, conditions that doctors and public health officials say can make patients more vulnerable to COVID-19, the highly contagious respiratory disease caused by the coronavirus.

Some 97% of those killed by COVID-19 in Louisiana had a pre-existing condition, according to the state health department. Diabetes was seen in 40% of the deaths, obesity in 25%, chronic kidney disease in 23% and cardiac problems in 21%."

BTW: the BOLD is from the article. As with all data, how do you untangle obesity from the other health factors? It leads to all of those "pre-existing" conditions listed, so does obesity make you vulnerable to the virus, or the dieases it causes? Same goes for age; where is the line where the virus stops being the killer, and age takes over? When this is finally over with, it will take Epidemiologists years to sort this all out.

Also from the article:

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention this week released for the first time a report showing that 78% of COVID-19 patients in ICUs in the United States had an underlying health condition, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease and chronic lung disease."

• A five year old died today and two nurses in their thirties. None of us can say categorically that it kills only the old and infirm at this stage, there are new mutations all the time which may be indiscriminately devastating for the whole population. The favipiravir (favilavir, Avigan) is coming from Japan so we can finally complete our anti bat-virus spray (HCQ,AZM, Zn, Cic, Fav, Rem, Lop):)

• Official Post

A five year old died today and two nurses in their thirties. None of us can say categorically that it kills only the old and infirm at this stage, there are new mutations all the time which may be indiscriminately devastating for the whole population. The favipiravir (favilavir, Avigan) is coming from Japan so we can finally complete our anti bat-virus spray (HCQ,AZM, Zn, Cic, Fav, Rem, Lop):)

will it make thing easier for you if it is confirmed it only affects elderly? Whether is so nice this days why don't we all enjoy it while few miles away they are piling up bodies of people who were about to day anyways if not this year than next? Agree?

• Official Post

None of us can say categorically that it kills only the old and infirm at this stage

Has anyone said that? The experts I have read say that the chances of dying from the disease increases with age. If very young and healthy, chances are you will be fine. If old, or old and infirm, you should be extra cautious as you are at high risk. The young with an underlying sickness, are also at higher risk. Yes, some have died, but they are much more likely to survive than someone older with pre-existing. All this is supported by data coming in from all over the world. That being the case the people need to know this.

I think there is this fallacy that if we are honest with the data as it becomes available, it will lead to complacency by the low risk groups, who will then go out and get themselves sick by being foolish. So we should pretend everyone is at equal risk, as a means to control their behavior. I am against that, and am in the camp that believes we should be totally honest with the people, and let the chips fall where they may.

As you said, there could be a mutation come along to change all that, but when/if that happens, we can deal with it.

• Official Post

Shane D. The idea is that healthy people must limit their social activities not spread virus to people in risk groups being often asymptomatic in chain for instance healthy - healthy - healthy husband of nurse in the nursing home - multiple nursing home residents. Only limited people can't grasp this simple concept.

On top of that noddy can claim that young won't die for sure.

• Official Post

The idea is that healthy people must limit their social activities not spread virus to people in risk groups being often asymptomatic in chain for instance healthy - healthy

Yes, that is true. And from what I have seen, everyone, of all ages, is complying. The grocery stores, hardware, whatever is left open has arranged their floor space to keep distance. Hand sanitizers everywhere, and everyone constantly using. Facemasks being worn.

I do not see any problem with the people doing what they are told in my area. Now the question is, would they keep on doing it if they knew they were not in a high risk category, with almost no chance of dying? That is where we are dividing into two camps; those who want to put all the information out there, and those who do not.

• Official Post

Yes, that is true. And from what I have seen, everyone, of all ages, is complying. The grocery stores, hardware, whatever is left open has arranged their floor space to keep distance. Hand sanitizers everywhere, and everyone constantly using. Facemasks being worn.

I do not see any problem with the people doing what they are told in my area. Now the question is, would they keep on doing it if they knew they were not in a high risk category, with almost no chance of dying? That is where we are dividing into two camps; those who want to put all the information out there, and those who do not.

If they only think of own risk these are stupid people who can only be forced into regional behaviour

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.