Covid-19 News

• Black cumin..Nigella Sativa

an ancient panacea..from the deserts

The oil is not so expensive ...yet. and not toxic at two tablespoons a day

from personal experience awhile back

No clinical studies on covid

but the in silico modeling shows better binding with the main protease(6lu7) in Covid..than CQ and hydroxyCQ

of nigellicine etc there are over 100 potentially active chemicals

Algeria chemrxiv

'Identification of Compounds from Nigella Sativa as New Potential Inhibitors

of 2019 Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19): Molecular Docking Study.

https://chemrxiv.org/ndownloader/files/22154187

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I would say the best advice is to spend less time watching TV news which is sensational and not very good. I view this Covid outbreak as akin to a bad winter influenza epidemic. We are suffering from a media epidemic!“"

More complete bullshit. Where does such crappola come from? You need to keep up with the news because new policies and local rules are being broadcast. Not to mention the rates of infections and deaths in your region.

And a bad influenza season? Just look at the number of deaths worldwide and they are almost certainly wildly under-reported in some areas. I am always amazed at the stupidity and ignorance I read on the internet. And ignorance kills. Snowden as an authority? Give me a break.

• additional cases in nursing homes not previously reported

The additional deaths were added to April 2

April 4 - 7788 new cases and 1053 new deaths

April 3 -23060 new cases and 1120 new deaths April 3 the French Government reported 17,827 additional cases and 532 additional deaths from nursing homes that had not been reported previously

April 2 - 2116 new cases and 1355 new deaths in France, including 884 fatalities in nursing homes On April 2, France reported 884 additional deaths that have occurred in nursing homes over the past days and weeks [source]. The French Government did not include these deaths in their official count, as their count only takes into consideration deaths of hospitalized patients

notice their numbers do not include those who died at home.

Bayer, Novartis and Teva Pharm have agreed to manufacture 250 million doses of HCQ enough to treat 46 million cases. No need to worry then.

Yes, well... two things to worry about. The benefit (if any) to risk for hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin is not yet demonstrated accurately- not even close. And current availability of the drugs varies widely. And the epidemic moves fast. Three things actually.

would they keep on doing it if they knew they were not in a high risk category, with almost no chance of dying?

Who knows with people? But COVID-19 also kills young people and even small children. Not only that but death is not the only issue. Many infections with the virus cause permanent organ damage-- lifelong. And others create one to two weeks of complete misery unlike what anyone has previously experienced (see Chris Cuomo's reports for example). And do you really think that the average person wants to think that they are responsible for the death of other people? In their own family? Because they are careless and thoughtless?

• Official Post

Well, it happened, I had a mistake in my table, it was April 4th not 5th. 64.236 at this moment in worldometers.

• . . . leads to all of those "pre-existing" conditions listed, so does obesity make you vulnerable to the virus, or the diseases it causes?

Yes, it does. Perhaps indirectly. Obesity often causes diabetes. "[R]oughly 30 percent of overweight people have [diabetes], and 85 percent of diabetics are overweight . . ." Diabetes is a comorbidity risk factor for the coronavirus, pushing the fatality rate up to about 9%, about the same as being 80 years old. If you are 80, obese and diabetic, I expect you are at extreme risk. See:

https://www.worldometers.info/…rus-age-sex-demographics/

• Yes, it does. Perhaps indirectly. Obesity often causes diabetes. "[R]oughly 30 percent of overweight people have [diabetes], and 85 percent of diabetics are overweight . . ." Diabetes is a comorbidity risk factor for the coronavirus, pushing the fatality rate up to about 9%, about the same as being 80 years old. If you are 80, obese and diabetic, I expect you are at extreme risk. See:

https://www.worldometers.info/…rus-age-sex-demographics/

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41574-020-0353-9

Endocrine and metabolic link to coronavirus infection

Type 2 diabetes mellitus and hypertension are the most common comorbidities in patients with coronavirus infections. Emerging evidence demonstrates an important direct metabolic and endocrine mechanistic link to the viral disease process. Clinicians need to ensure early and thorough metabolic control for all patients affected by COVID-19.

• Official Post

seven_of_twenty

If you highlight (as in 'copy and paste highlighting) part of another member's post you wish to quote and hover over the spot for a couple of seconds, the forum software will offer insert a credited quote into your answer. That way everybody knows who you are quoting, and clicking on the quote in your post will take a reader back to its source. Simples really.

• Current number of cases in S Africa is 1400 - far higher than within the rest of the continent. Malaria was eradicated there at the turn of the century. Explain?

I would posit it is a lifestyle thing, maybe even genetic factors. South Africa is also relatively western and 'developed'. Shows a few problems aren't solved by money, international trade advantages or a high percentage of european decent inhabitants. Appreciate certain freeing more physical lifestyles. Maybe the most efficient drug/therapy is in plants/food or climate conditions.

• The healthdata.org website and model have been recommended by experts in various articles. The model now predicts peak rates, deaths, and resource shortages in the U.S. around April 15. That is a disastrously short time. Evidently, the curve has not been flattened nationwide, although it has in some states such as Washington. The model is updated with actual data from time to time. You can see that in the jagged line in the "Deaths per day" graph. The data is scheduled to be updated again with actual data this evening.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/

This is a real model, as opposed to my toy model. You can see it has a gigantic margin of error. On the peak day for deaths, April 16, the projected number is 2,644, but it ranges from 1,216 to 4,136. Of course everything here assumes "full social distancing though May 2020" as noted at the top of the screen.

The Worldmeter data shows that the U.S. rate moderated for a few days, and then returned to a catastrophic doubling time. It varies by state, meaning the worst states are even more catastrophic than the rate suggests. Generally speaking, poor, southern red states are likely to the most catastrophic in the coming weeks.

"In the American South, a Perfect Storm Is Gathering

In states with many uninsured citizens, few hospitals and leaders who have not required citizens to stay home, a disaster is looming."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0…ssee-southern-states.html

Georgia and Florida are also heading off a cliff, especially Florida. I am looking out of my window in Atlanta now at many groups and extended families gathered on front lawns for Saturday cookouts, I suppose unknowingly in a dance with death. All over the street, signs have popped up saying "EVERYTHING WILL BE OK." No, everything will not be okay. It isn't okay now. I usually admire the typical American sunny attitude, but in this case it is uncalled for, to say the least.

• As an American I will counter this with hopefully stating things will turn out at least slightly more favorable than what the worst fear mongerers predict. What we we should be paying attention to are the legal proceedings and all the other laws and fine print being proposed while we may be a little distracted. Freedom of speech and expression both socially and religiously should be upheld. And the energy production thing as well😉.

• Ivermectin might work..used for Scabies in much of world

Recent evidence of in vitro efficacy in Australia

IC50 = 2,5 micro molar...(2.2 mg/kg) is too high.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/…cle/pii/S0166354220302011

Cheap drug widely used against River Blindness

in Africa Nigeria Uganda DRC Cameroon

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.co…/j.1365-3156.2011.02735.x

Also has in silico activity against yellow fever flavivirus

https://www.researchgate.net/p…prospects_for_an_old_drug

Next step.. Clinical trial..?

The exact toxicity level is unknown but

the IC50 of 2.2 mg/kg is way above that

achievable with Scabies/river blindness dosing levels.(02 mg/kg

(.. unfortunately

Perhaps if it was nebulised into the lungs it might be less toxic.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.