Covid-19 News

• Bad news from UK (10 o'clock news) The death rate in the south west! has strongly increased during the last week and most likely they have to add 70% additional corona related deaths to the actual corona figures.

Further more than 2000 care homes now have been infected. This will very likely cause some 10000 extra deaths in the next 3-4 weeks.

This only tells that all countries that did let things go have no chance to see the true depth/all details of the impact.

Swiss figures are now pretty low whereas Austria today did restart many businesses.

• If they weren’t going to “weaponize” it,

Why did they build it to study it?

They didn't build it. They collected rare bats and studied the viruses they carried.

(I read a long article on this aspect quite a while back, but don't have it bookmarked. Maybe The Atlantic?)

EDIT: recent story on the viral spread of the virus conspiracy theories
    https://www.vanityfair.com/new…coronavirus-origin-theory

• Sample Wuhan paper -- from a journal "special bat virus edition" 2019

https://www.mdpi.com/1999-4915/11/4/379

EDIT : and https://www.mdpi.com/1999-4915/11/5/423 [ my bold ]

Moreover, the presence of SARSr-CoV ORF7a-like protein in Rs-BatCoV HKU32 suggests a common evolutionary origin of this accessory protein with SARS-CoV, also from Chinese horseshoe bats, an apparent reservoir for coronavirus epidemics. The emergence potential of Rs-BatCoV HKU32 should be explored.

• Official Post

Hard to find any reporting about how widely available HCQ is, and harder still to find a good word about it. The national media holds their nose every time they mention the drug, and when they do it is about Trump/HCQ, and the dangers of taking it. I honestly think they will celebrate if it turns out another false lead. I did though, find positive stories about HCQ from various local news sources. Generally accounts from doctors in their area seeing very good results.

This article does shed a little light on the supply side of the situation. FEMA (US emergency agency) today shipped out enough HCQ to treat 1.4 million patients:

https://www.politico.com/news/…hloroquine-tablets-186102

"About 10.1 million are going to the Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs, as well as Washington, D.C.; Baton Rouge; St. Louis; Philadelphia; Baltimore; Miami; Milwaukee; Indianapolis; Houston and Pittsburgh.

Another shipment, of 9 million tablets, is headed for Detroit, New Orleans, New York City and Chicago, according to the spokesperson.

Those last four cities — particularly New York — have been hit hard by the pandemic. Others slated to receive the medication have fewer cases but may face upticks. Allegheny County, where Pittsburgh is located, has fewer than 900 cases, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Health. And Milwaukee County has fewer than 2,000, per its county government."

• If you believe that HQC may aid in this fight against Covid-19, you are most definitely a

“Flat earther, climate denier”

The name-calling and ridicule means that the plebs will stab each other in the back in order to do the bidding of the masters. The bidding is clear, we are all here to move towards a vaccine. The debate they want us to have is going to be framed in those terms (mandatory for whom by when, passport or ID tag, global governance or national governance, booster dosing or not, travel bans without or not).

In order to bring this into crystal focus I found this comedic piece. You have to laugh when the physicians are the ones concerned about censure-ship of Google and Facebook of medical information on vaccines!

On Jan 15, 2020, the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, along with Katarina Verrelli, on behalf of herself and others who seek access to vaccine information, filed suit in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. Plaintiffs allege that Defendant Adam Schiff has abused government power and infringed on their free-speech rights.

In February and March 2019, Rep. Schiff contacted Google, Facebook, and Amazon, to encourage them to de-platform or discredit what Schiff asserted to be inaccurate information on vaccines. He then posted the letters and press release on the House.gov website. Within 24 hours of Schiff’s letter to Amazon dated Mar 1, 2019, Amazon removed the popular videos Vaxxed and Shoot ’Em Up: the Truth About Vaccines from its platform for streaming videos, depriving members of the public of convenient access.

On Facebook, a search for an AAPS article on vaccines, which previously would lead directly to the AAPS article, now produces search results containing links to the World Health Organization (WHO), the National Institutes of Health, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Visits to the AAPS website have declined significantly since March 2019, both in absolute terms and relative to the decline that would result from a story’s losing its recency.

“The internet is supposed to provide free access to information to people of different opinions,” stated AAPS Executive Director, Jane Orient, M.D.

Dr. Orient continues, “AAPS is not ‘anti-vaccine,’ link

HAHA. AAPS is not "anti-vaccine'. Comrades, the AAPS is breeding conspiracy theories and must understand the danger of their position in this time of crisis!

• Very recent publications or pre-publications I have run into:

No evidence of clinical efficacy of hydroxychloroquine in patients hospitalized for COVID-19 infection with oxygen requirement: results of a study using routinely collected data to emulate a target trial

https://www.medrxiv.org/conten…101/2020.04.10.20060699v1

From France. This is an abstract and an preliminary paper in PDF format is linked on the page. The study involves about 150 patients, requiring oxygen, half of whom got HCQ and half of whom did not (open label). This might not be completely an ideal study but it includes adequate doses, good followup, good writeup, and the best design possible under the urgent circumstances. 20% of the patients also received azithromycin. The incidence of cardiac side effects (QTc prolongation) was small but alarming in the patients in whom it happened. These results seem both likely to hold up and also very discouraging. The authors leave open the possibility that treatment earlier in the disease would work out better. We can hope so.

https://www.medrxiv.org/conten….20060558v1.full.pdf+html

This a Chinese study of 150 patients with half being controls (open label study). It was high dose HCQ without azithromycin. 1200 mg loading zone and then 800 mg per day. You can read the disappointing result above. There may have been some improvement in subjective symptom and lowering of C-reactive protein perhaps indicating less inflammation in the HCQ group.

https://trib.com/news/state-an…4c-b9ce-669098efebb1.html

The link above is about a very large trial officially supported by the state of South Dakota. The article is unclear but it seems an initial group on 2000 patients with test-proven COVID-19 are to be treated with HCQ alone for outpatients and HCQ+azi for inpatients. I assume this is because inpatients can be better monitored for cardiac arrhythmias. This seems to be an open label no-control study, a bad idea. A second study is said to involve matched controls and a third study I heard about in a televised discussion will test HCQ alone in low dose as a preventative in first responders and health care workers. This article and related ones are so badly written, I can't be sure exactly what these people will do. I saw an interview with the governor and she is very political (right wing) and is involving people from the current administration in the planning. This may be better specified in the official list of clinical trials https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/home but I don't have time to search it.

Hospitalized patients at University Medical Center in New Orleans, one of LSU Health's teaching hospitals, will be enrolled in one of the study's three parts: treatment with hydroxychloroquine, treatment with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, or just supportive care, which is the current standard of care for COVID-19.

https://www.wdsu.com/article/l…9-clinical-trial/32132057

This study appears to be starting immediately.

It would be odd if it wasn't clear in 2 months whether HCQ with or without Azi is safe and effective for COVID-19. Unfortunately, there will be many deaths worldwide and in the US before then.

• If you believe that HQC may aid in this fight against Covid-19, you are most definitely a

“Flat earther, climate denier”

I'm not sure what your evidence is. The data I linked above are not encouraging but are far from scientifically adequate. And there are still the French studies which say different. Another thing, they do not explore the use of the drugs HCQ and Azi in patients early in the course of the disease, to prevent infection when exposed and to accelerate the stopping of virus shedding in recovering patients.

• “The internet is supposed to provide free access to information to people of different opinions,” stated AAPS Executive Director, Jane Orient, M.D.

Dr. Orient continues, “AAPS is not ‘anti-vaccine,’ link

Anti vaccine information on the internet is like yelling fire in a crowded theater when there is no fire. Lies, grossly harmful to the general public, are not protected by free speech (in the US, the first amendment to the US Constitution) . You can not publish a detailed paper, including classified information, on how to build a nuclear weapon (in your backyard, for fun and profit). Want to argue? That's what the courts are for.

• Anti vaccine information on the internet is like yelling fire in a crowded theater when there is no fire. Lies, grossly harmful to the general public, are not protected by free speech (in the US, the first amendment to the US Constitution) . You can not publish a detailed paper, including classified information, on how to build a nuclear weapon (in your backyard, for fun and profit). Want to argue? That's what the courts are for.

You side-stepped the point of the post, which is a deep level of social engineering/censureship is going on in the vaccine business and even the AAPS concerned about it. BTW, this form of argumentation is dangerous in civil society - you are overhyping a point - nobody is saying that people should be able to post plans for weopons of mass destruction on the internet. Introducing that into the discussion is wildly not applicable - are you on the side of Facebook and Google to censure movies on the subject and and divert to the WHO? You believe this is driven by concern for the people or is this big business at work?

• https://thehill.com/homenews/c…xtreme-side-effects-after

Rita Wilson warns she experienced 'extreme side effects' after taking chloroquine

Wilson said she was not sure if the drug worked or if her fever broke naturally. However, regardless of whether the drug worked, she said she thinks it caused "extreme side effects" that made her nauseous, dizzy and weakened her muscles.

She added, "people have to be very considerate about that drug. We don't really know if it's helpful in this case."

• are you on the side of Facebook and Google to censure movies on the subject and and divert to the WHO? You believe this is driven by concern for the people or is this big business at work?

If it were me, I wouldn't divert to the WHO but to a page that gives the reason for not listing the movie. I can not see any way "big business" can profit from this. Which big business do you mean? Far as I know, vaccines are mostly a bother to big pharmaceutical companies and at best, a low margin item with a lot of risk attached to it. People often sue the manufacturers of vaccines for reactions which are unrelated and coincidental. Most American juries do not understand that correlation is not causation so the insurance premiums are high. And how do Google or Facebook profit. I have never noticed a vaccine advertised on either one.

This is offtopic. I don't want to continue and request the admins to move the original and response to clearance if they agree.

• Rita Wilson warns she experienced 'extreme side effects' after taking chloroquine

How does she know that this was not from the illness? Generally, HCQ has few noticeable side effects in moderate doses. Of course, there will be unfortunate exceptions. But Ms. Wilson is "a series of one." A thin anecdote. To find out for real, that's what double blind controlled studies are for.

• This DR is on Coast to Coast.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• A paper showing positive results with ivermectin in a group of patients who already had sustained lung injury and were on ventilation. Presumably, they were on ivermectin because their physicians surmised it could be effective, since (I believe) these treatments preceded the recent in vitro findings --

"Ivermectin in COVID-19 Related Critical Illness"

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3570270

Hopefully the media will not politicize ivermectin too.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.