Covid-19 News

• [Regarding suspension of malpractice suits for coronavirus . . .]

Do you have a reference? I have been searching, and all I come up with is a Tort law article

I can't find it. I am sure I read that someone passed an emergency law to that effect. Maybe it was the New York state legislature?

During emergencies such as hurricanes and epidemics, there are various laws and restrictions with built-in time limits. For the duration of the emergency. Some are on the books, in place already. Others are voted through on a temporary basis. Others are mandated by governors and mayors. For example, after extensive hurricane damage to an area, people are not allowed to drive through an area rubbernecking (or stealing). Normally, people can drive anywhere they like.

• Official Post

This has been circulating around:

OUR NEW NORMAL:

Ok, here’s what we know:

1. Basically, you can't leave the house for any reason, but if you have to, then you can.

2. Masks are useless, but you have to wear one, it can save you; it is useless, but maybe it is mandatory as well.

3. Stores are closed, except those that are open.

4. You should not go to hospitals unless you have to go there. Same applies to doctors, you should only go there in case of emergency, provided you are not too sick.

5. This virus is deadly but still not too scary, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster.

6. Gloves won't help, but they can still help.

7. Everyone needs to stay HOME, but it's important to GO OUT.

8. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarket, but there are many things missing when you go there in the evening, but not in the morning. Sometimes.

9. The virus has no effect on children except those it affects.

10. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there…

11. You will have many symptoms when you are sick, but you can also get sick without symptoms, have symptoms without being sick, or be contagious without having symptoms.

12. In order not to get sick, you have to eat well and exercise, but eat whatever you have on hand and it's better not to go out, well, but no…

13. It's better to get some fresh air, but you get looked at very wrong when you get some fresh air, and most importantly, you don't go to parks or walk. But don’t sit down, except that you can do that now if you are old, but not for too long or if you are pregnant (but not too old).

14. You can't go to retirement homes, but you have to take care of the elderly and bring food and medication.

15. If you are sick, you can't go out, but you can go to the pharmacy.

16. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house, which may have been prepared by people who didn't wear masks or gloves. But you have to have your groceries decontaminated outside for 3 hours. Pizza too?

17. Every disturbing article or disturbing interview must start with " I don't want to trigger panic, but…"

18. You can't see your older mother or grandmother, but you can take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver.

19. You can walk around with a friend but not with your family if they don't live under the same roof.

20. You are safe if you maintain the appropriate social distance, but you can’t go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance.

21. The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours, no, four, no, six, no, we didn't say hours, maybe days? But it takes a damp environment. Oh no, not necessarily.

22. The virus stays in the air - well no, or yes, maybe, especially in a closed room, in one hour a sick person can infect ten, so if it falls, all our children were already infected at school before it was closed. But remember, if you stay at the recommended social distance, however in certain circumstances you should maintain a greater distance, which, studies show, the virus can travel further, maybe.

23. We count the number of deaths but we don't know how many people are infected as we have only tested so far those who were "almost dead" to find out if that's what they will die of.

24. We have no treatment, except that there may be one that apparently is not dangerous unless you take too much (which is the case with all medications).

25. We should stay locked up until the virus disappears, but it will only disappear if we achieve collective immunity, when it circulates… but we must no longer be locked up for that?

• Another remdesivir study below showing some positive effects in monkeys. Is it too early to say that remdesivir works on some level? Definitely. There needs to be more studies with control groups etc. That will take a couple of months at least. But there are reasons to be hopeful.

The probability of a single drug sitting on the shelf being a cure-all with this virus is low, including remdesivir. Viruses are different, and antiviral therapies take years to develop to fight them. If we get there we are probably looking at a cocktail of several drugs working together to be effective. Maybe remdesivir is one of them.

If I had to wager $100 on when a safe working vaccine is going to be administered to the general population my guess would be 2 to 2.5 years from today. So longer than the 12-18 months we hear every day. A lot of the technologies that underline getting a vaccine in that short of a time period are still unproven. So I think antivirals are our short term way back to some kind of normalcy.

https://www.newsweek.com/remde…sults-small-study-1498473

• That post was facetious but here are a few serious responses FYI:

15. If you are sick, you can't go out, but you can go to the pharmacy.

For that reason, many Atlanta pharmacies that have drive up windows for prescriptions are now offering to sell you anything through the window. You order ahead of time and they prepare the order. You can buy toothpaste, chocolate, or what-have-you. The pharmacist at the window wears a glove and mask. This is offered for people who are infected, or for elderly people and other at-risk groups.

3. Stores are closed, except those that are open.

In Georgia, only stores which sell necessities are open. Necessities such as food, medicine, hardware, guns and ammunition.

11. You will have many symptoms when you are sick, but you can also get sick without symptoms, have symptoms without being sick, or be contagious without having symptoms.

This is true of most infectious diseases, to one extent or another.

16. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house, which may have been prepared by people who didn't wear masks or gloves. But you have to have your groceries decontaminated outside for 3 hours. Pizza too?

Hot food is safe. Throw away the box and wrapper immediately, wash your hands, and if the food has cooled down, microwave it. See:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

23. We count the number of deaths but we don't know how many people are infected as we have only tested so far those who were "almost dead" to find out if that's what they will die of.

That situation should improve as more tests become available.

25. We should stay locked up until the virus disappears, but it will only disappear if we achieve collective immunity, when it circulates… but we must no longer be locked up for that?

That is incorrect. Collective immunity is not needed. It is possible to reduce the infection rate to a few hundred a day in the U.S. with the methods developed in China, Korea, Taiwan and Japan: testing and monitoring. However, because these methods were not used at first, we had to resort to a total lock-down for a while. Japan has also had to resort to that now, because things started to get out of hand.

If we end the lock-down now, without testing, follow-up, and ~300,000 people doing field work to monitor the disease, then very soon the number of infections will begin doubling every 3 days. Nothing has changed. Nothing will prevent that. The percent of infected people is still low in most places, around 1% at most, so the growth rate will still be exponential. If there are, say, 1000 cases a day, in 3 days it will be 2000; in a week, 4000. A month later there will be 4 million new cases per day. This is absolutely inevitable. A present one large meat-packing plant is closed, reducing pork supplies by 5%. If this happens, every meat-packing plant, every farmer's market, and every part of the food supply chain will be shut down, and there will be no food in the stores. Reopening the economy without precautions, testing and reporting is not inviting a catastrophe. It is assuring there will be one. As I pointed out, not only will millions of elderly people die; millions more fat and obese young people will die at the same rate as healthy people in their 60s.

As far as I know, 1000 people are at work in Massachusetts doing field work, mainly by telephone. We need about 300 times more than that. We cannot ask the experts at the CDC to do field work because they will be needed to analyze the data. The administration's plan to have a few hundred people do field work is about as reasonable as Eisenhower trying to invade Normandy with 250 soldiers.

• That is incorrect. Collective immunity is not needed. It is possible to reduce the infection rate to a few hundred a day in the U.S. with the methods developed in China, Korea, Taiwan and Japan: testing and monitoring.

@Jed: This is bare nonsense and even the Chinese, Japanese and Singapur people now get very nervous. 50% of all people show no symptoms and are able to infect others. It's more or less impossible to track so called dark spreaders because they will also show no antibodies because some others did take over. You will not be able to track this virus once you have lost a single dark spreader because he will not be known as the source of the infection.

Lock in all people older that 65 + younger > 40 with severe preconditions. The rest is allowed to freely move around and work.

Provide enough medication to treat cases starting latest from day 2. And please stop the CDC Gillead mafia to spread wrong hope as in fact nobody anymore will get to the state he needs this hope.

Please also do stop intubation ASAP for all cases that still show some respiration activity and just give them Oxygen at most with a mask. (This is now also is becoming standard knowledge in Germany according latest news).

• Ivermectin (iV) 5mg

There is insufficient evidence as of now to use invermectin but if you must, the correct dose is about 200 micrograms per kilogram or the recommendations I saw were for 12 mg for a person of typical adult size, which is 4 standard 3 mg tablets of *human* (preferably not veterinary) ivermectin. Some compounding pharmacies including one I know in SoCal make custom 12 mg capsules but commercial tablets may be more reliable. Ivermectin is listed at https://www.canadapharmacyonline.com/ but they are currently back ordered. This is a prescription medication and caution is advised. The dose is taken once only!

• Here is a recent and good summary of current hopefuls

Good but long and complicated and inconclusive article. Bottom line: we are not going to know what works and how well until the much needed careful, controlled, matched, large trials are completed and reported. I originally thought the most important ones (HCQ+Azi and remdesivir for example and the role of ventilators vs respiratory therapy and oxygen and IPPB) would be done in a month or two but three months from now sadly seems to be more probable.

• Another mostly useless study of HCQ and Azi. No controls, no matching... annoying. And two elderly patients of 80 enrolled, one on a ventilator and one died.

https://www.docwirenews.com/ab…ilot-observational-study/

And there is always at least one fraud, this one actually has a medical license. $4000 for a package of drugs worth maybe $100.

https://qz.com/1839673/fbi-cha…hloroquine-covid-19-scam/

And the things people do never cease to amaze me. Two astronauts recently returned from the International Space Station after long stays. Supposedly, they are immunocompromised to some degree. So they are isolated including transport to Houston, in a special NASA aircraft for the Americans, from arrival to two weeks. Look at the technician, presumably Russian, tending to them. See her mask not covering her nose? That is unfortunately a very common error, I have seen even doctors in an operating room doing that! What is that person thinking of?

astronaut.jpg

Finally, remdesivir does look the most hopeful at the moment. The cost of making it and the price it will be sold for are unknown but I saw an Indian publication suggesting that a course of treatment will be $1000. I bet it will be much more.

• Official Post

Internet bullshit that does nothing but confuse people. You should be embarrassed for posting it. If it was meant as humor, in the current context, it's not funny.

JedRothwell

Your responses to Shane D. make perfect sense but you are wasting your energy responding to what is just internet meaningless crappola written originally by idiots with a morbid sense of humor.

Lighten up...its humor. I'm not in the least embarrassed about posting. Just because you are a sour puss, does not mean the rest of us cant have a laugh.

Now get back to your MD persona we all like to hear, and stop with the old MY bully boy act.

• Internet bullshit that does nothing but confuse people. You should be embarrassed for posting it. If it was meant as humor, in the current context, it's not funny.

JedRothwell

Your responses to Shane D. make perfect sense but you are wasting your energy responding to what is just internet meaningless crappola written originally by idiots with a morbid sense of humor.

I always have admired Americans

that can find humour in trying times.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Brilliant,

How long did it take you to out that together

• I shared the article by Indian authors a month ago, drawing harsh comments from people on this site.

Pr. Montagnier confirms today: the coronavirus was created in laboratory. Montagnier was awarded the Nobel Prize for discovering HIV. He knows what he's talking about. And he spend the last ten years working in China. It's been a month since we relayed the news. Share before his video is censored. (in french, sorry)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?…opwb2oF5iq4Jrg1hUe2KPrOW4

• Roseland67 about Shane D. 's list

Brilliant,

How long did it take you to out that together

That list highlights how confused people genuinely are about how to protect against COVID-19. But instead of resolving the issues and helping people, it ridicules the very valid questions that are raised. That is the origin of my objection. Shane D. is a smart guy and should have added some commentary if he absolutely had to post it. In the current context, it's not very funny. At present, anything at all which confuses people or gives them wrong answers is going to cause a lot of extremely unpleasant illness and death. That's why I don't like that meme or whatever it is.

• Pr. Montagnierconfirms today: the coronavirus was created inlaboratory. Montagnier was awarded the Nobel Prize for discovering HIV.He knows what he's talking about. And he spend the last ten years working in China. It's been a month since we relayed the news.Share before his video is censored. (in french, sorry)

No worries. Montagnier is greatly respected in France and worldwide. He is not going to be censored. Just a niggle: he didn't discover HIV alone and did not discover AIDS. Montagnier and Robert Gallo from the US National Institute of Cancer and several others recognized and proved that the human immunodeficiency virus caused the AIDS syndrome- pretty much at the same time. Just for giggles...

Françoise Barré-Sinoussi and Luc Montagnier, codiscoverers of HIV, the causative agent of AIDS, have been awarded the 2008 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine...

Luc Montagnier (perhaps with a winner's magnanimity) has said that the obvious third recipient should have been Robert Gallo. Others will quote Gallo's identification of HTLV-1 with Bernie Poiesz and the fact that many of the techniques used to grow viruses like HIV were dependent on discoveries from the Gallo lab as were some of the earliest blood tests for the virus. Had the Nobel committee honoured only those who contributed to the discovery of HIV rather than HPV as well the picture may have been different...

https://retrovirology.biomedce…es/10.1186/1742-4690-5-91

• Notice:

I shared the article by Indian authors a month ago, drawing harsh comments from people on this site.

Pr. Montagnier confirms today: the coronavirus was created in laboratory. Montagnier was awarded the Nobel Prize for discovering HIV. He knows what he's talking about. And he spend the last ten years working in China. It's been a month since we relayed the news. Share before his video is censored. (in french, sorry)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?…opwb2oF5iq4Jrg1hUe2KPrOW4

The scientific community has attacked Montagnier because he has delved into unallowed research into electromagnetic waves and water. There is a reason he is willing to say these things cause he has is already outside the fold - so he has nothing to lose.

For those who aren't watching the video game moment by moment - I recommend this article talking which gets into how the tests are themselves highly problematic. https://uncoverdc.com/2020/04/…-meant-to-detect-a-virus/

So here we are: Tests shouldn't be used to test for disease, no testing of the population (mortality= #deaths/incidence of population), any deaths w/ test or suspected covid are covid deaths.

The data is the frontman however. The closer is manipulation through psychology, culture, and a religious signalling morality ("Comrads this is serious, we must all make sacrifices for the greater good....")

• In this edition of Perspectives on the Pandemic, Kirby talks with Dr. Katz, the author of March 20th New York Times op,, "Is Our Fight Against the Coronavirus Worse Than the Disease?"

External Content www.youtube.com

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/#latest

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.