Covid-19 News

• Sorry, what do you mean unallowed research? Sound more of that BLP... stuff.

• Uhho... Montagnier did sort of screw the pooch. This has to be a mistake... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_teleportation It's sort of modern day homeopathy which is fragrant bullpuckey. That happens occasionally to people who have done excellent science. Nobl winner Kary Mullis, who more or less invented PCR, has strange ideas. So does https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Benveniste and of course so does our old Rossi believer friend, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Josephson

I have my own theory about this. I think very creative people are often very gullible because to be that creative, they have to be extremely open minded and they think in ways different from most more logical people. This seems to be often true of good or great artists as well. So while they may be easily misled, they are the ones who "stumble" (not meant to be pejorative) on the great discoveries. This is OT so if admin wants it in clearance ... but then there is a lot of OT stuff above.

• From my small county (Lake, California ... 6 cases so far)

Covid19 Detected in Raw Sewage

Special Districts has been participating in a project to test the sewage from all four sewer treatment plants for the presence of COVID19. The group that does the testing is BIOBOT, who in collaboration with researchers at MIT, Harvard and Brigham and Woman’s Hospital, test the samples taken from the treatment plants and reports the findings. We are testing on a weekly basis.

The first two weeks of sampling, taken on March 26th and April 1, 2020 did not detect any presence of Covid19.

The samples taken on April 8, 2020 DID detect the presence of Covid19 at all four treatment plants. The date of this sample does correspond with the confirmed cases in the County.

The presence of Covid19 in all four treatment plants does suggest we may have community transmission. We are analyzing the data and will provide more information soon.

We remind everyone to be diligent about avoiding the spread.

------ earlier : -----

Lake County Special Districts, California

April 7 at 9:27 AM ·

om the first round of testing were available April 7th and in the future test results should be available 3-5 days after sampling.

The first set of results from the March 26th sampling did not detect evidence of the virus in any of the four samples sent in. The goal of the study is to help track the progress and intensity of the spread of SARS CoV-2 throughout the nation and provide public health agencies with additional data to help them respond. The sample we take is a 24 hour composite sample representing one day in time. Test results at other agencies show some variability in virus concentration over the course of time (multiple tests in a week for example), so some day to day variability is expected. The testing performed does not address the viability of the virus in the wastewater; however our staff treats raw sewage as having any number of potential contaminants and utilizes the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to keep them safe. As results continue to be received we will provide that information to help better understand how this virus is affecting our community.

• The SAS (Suffers Against Sewage) will be up in arms about thiis! Not only will they be catching Surfer's ear (caused by microbial contaminated sewage effluent) but also they will be exposed to coronavirus in the seawater. Silver surfers over 65 will have to retire.:(

• It's more or less impossible to track so called dark spreaders because they will also show no antibodies because some others did take over. You will not be able to track this virus once you have lost a single dark spreader because he will not be known as the source of the infection.

I doubt that, but even if it is true, the epidemic can be controlled. There is no doubt it can be controlled because it has been controlled, in Asia.

You don't have to trace the source of every single infection. That is impossible, in any case. The "dark spreaders" (if they exist) will recover and stop infecting people. They cannot infect dozens, or thousands of people. They will not come in contact with that many people.

• Lock in all people older that 65 + younger > 40 with severe preconditions. The rest is allowed to freely move around and work.

You also have to lock in fat and obese people. Which is to say, 40% of the U.S. adult population. Their mortality rate is higher than a healthy 60-year-old, according to recent stats.

Letting the rest freely move around and work, without monitoring and extensive testing, will instantly return the rate of increase to 1.3 times per day. Doubling every 3 days. That's what it was in March, and what it is in any country that takes no steps to prevent the spread of the disease. That is the natural increase.

If we let that go on for a month there will be a million new cases per day, like the height of the 1918 Spanish flu (adjusting for population). Obviously, we will not allow that. We will have to go back to harsh a lock down, and another 15 million people will soon be unemployed. Is that what you want?

• Uhho... Montagnier did sort of screw the pooch. This has to be a mistake... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_teleportation It's sort of modern day homeopathy which is fragrant bullpuckey. That happens occasionally to people who have done excellent science. Nobl winner Kary Mullis, who more or less invented PCR, has strange ideas. So does https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Benveniste and of course so does our old Rossi believer friend, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Josephson

I have my own theory about this. I think very creative people are often very gullible because to be that creative, they have to be extremely open minded and they think in ways different from most more logical people. This seems to be often true of good or great artists as well. So while they may be easily misled, they are the ones who "stumble" (not meant to be pejorative) on the great discoveries. This is OT so if admin wants it in clearance ... but then there is a lot of OT stuff above.

SoT,

My wife thinks I’m off topic,

off center, off kilter, 1/2 a bubble off,

off my rocker and my drumming is just a beat off.

• You also have to lock in fat and obese people. Which is to say, 40% of the U.S. adult population. Their mortality rate is higher than a healthy 60-year-old, according to recent stats.

I know: The USA is in real deep shit. But that's what we try to tell them since years. The average weight of US inhabitants increased by 10% every 10 years for the last 30 years at least. If you know that fat also reduces the brain function (at least in animal experiments) then you understand why you anymore will be able to educate the country. I expect that at least 5% of the US population will die of corona or either the USA will die.

There is one positive news from Swiss care homes with people usually older than 86 years. Halve did have the virus with no symptoms but did give it to the other halve + care staff. This is pretty much inline what I hear over private channels too. 50% of the people are immune independent of age and preconditions.

Here again the USA might see some regional variations especially among native Mexican or US-native genotypes.

Sotties scare:

This has to be a mistake... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_teleportation It's sort of modern day homeopathy which is fragrant bullpuckey.

The mechanism of homeopathy has got a Nobel price around 2003 (for RNA inference!) . Science could prove that one single molecule is enough to trigger a cellular immune response. This is exactly what was originally claimed by homeopathy. DNA_teleportation looks weird but that's exactly what QM claims too. We just should wait for reproduction experiments.

On the other side big pharma makes us claim that double blind random studies are gold standards, what is provable nonsense. From a strict mathematical point of view this only holds if the probe set is uniform. That means all participants of the study have the same or very similar genes. Most studies exclude children, females etc. because the metabolism differences male/female are far to big in many cases. Further the female metabolism changes over time. if you do intense sport your metabolism activates about 1000 different paths, what does also kick you out of the basic rules. Further there are some deep difference among European, Asian, south African, nordic and native American (+ Japanese!) genotypes just to give the killing groups.

Now one more thing. Your diet will heavily influence such a study too.

Of course there are medications e.g. Avastin/Lucentis study, locally applied to the eye only that may tolerate these problems. But 95% of the studies are not conform with what the make us claim. The worst example are statins that show a good effect in a one year study but are broadly negative after 10 years. But nobody can finance, will wait 10 years before deploying a medicament.

• What is the reason for social distancing and lock downs?

It's just about the basic reproduction number! Since there is no vaccination or highly effective medication, the number must be kept so low by other measures that it e.g. remains in Germany at R1. or better lower. At this rate just as many people become infected, get sick, or die, that the German health system can handle it (i.e. no overloading of the hospitals, dead people in hallways and triage by doctors and nurses). If you just get a rate of R1.3 the German health system is overloaded in just 3-4 weeks.

[...]

The striking difference between Mrs. Merkel and so many other leaders in understanding and explaining in simple factual words the pandemy reminds me that she holds a physics degree and PhD in quantum chemistry, all the more from the ex DDR where life was hard but schools were excellent. Prerequisites is what the world needs to set for those who wish to access places of responsibility.

• On the contrary. the WHO should be beefed up, with more strings-free funds, reformed, and made able to withstand pressure from national governments. Whether China (refusing to allow Taiwan is longstanding problem for all international args). Or trump, praising China initially, and now wanting to use WHO as scapegoat for his months long inaction and denial that COVID was a problem.

The current crisis shows that whatever its imperfections, we need a global health organisation. I don't notice those wanting to fire the WHO having a credible alternative lined up.

That is like saying you will fire your CEO but having no-on willing to step in as replacement who would have the confidence of the board.

• Official Post

https://www.spiked-online.com/…he-lockdowns-are-working/

Slowly, but surely, sanity is beginning to enter into the debate, and those experts with other opinions listened to. These comments are from the interview with John Lee (NHS Consultant Pathologist). He makes a good observation on the media, but did not copy here:

-I think it is more important than ever to try and look at this issue in a clear way in order to make sure that we are really doing the right thing on the basis of the right ideas. And it isn’t clear to me at the moment that we are.

-The World Health Organisation initially suggested that the case-fatality rate – the proportion of people diagnosed with the disease who die – would be 3.4 per cent. This is a very high number which would have caused a huge number of deaths. But as we have had gradually more and more data coming in, those percentages have been falling. In many examples, more complete data are now suggesting case-fatality rates of 0.4 per cent. My guess is that it will end up between 0.5 and 0.1 per cent, and probably nearer to the lower end of that. So if the disease isn’t as virulent as was originally thought, the number of deaths will be correspondingly lower.

-The real point is that there isn’t any direct evidence that what we are doing is actually affecting the peak. It is possible to make arguments that sound reasonable that a lockdown should affect the peak. And yet other places which are doing different things seem to have similarly shaped graphs. It is only an assumption that the lockdown is having a big effect on the virus spread, but this is not a known scientific fact.

-The UK models, as I understand it, said that 60 to 80 per cent of the population would be infected by the virus in a short period of time. Whereas in fact some of the evidence from enclosed populations, such as the Diamond Princess cruise ship, suggests that only 15 per cent of the population may be susceptible. Maybe that is because the virus spreads in a different way than we thought. Maybe some people actually have immunity based on other coronaviruses that are already out there in the population.

-The fact is, Pandora’s Box is now open. This virus is spreading in the population. There is no evidence whatsoever that we are going to be able to put it back in its box. So it is going to spread through the population at a certain speed. And after a year or two, the number of people who are going to have died from it is probably going to be similar either way – it is just a question of the speed at which those people are dying.

-It seems incredible to me that we are not equally as interested in the effects of the lockdown on lives and livelihoods as we are in the actual virus itself. I think we are guilty at the moment of being a bit monomaniacal and focusing only on one thing, and really not focusing enough on the consequences that are coming out of what we have done to face this one thing.

• -The World Health Organisation initially suggested that the case-fatality rate – the proportion of people diagnosed with the disease who die – would be 3.4 per cent. This is a very high number which would have caused a huge number of deaths.

I believe they said that is the natural rate without medical intervention. Any mortality rate has to be defined by various parameters such as the age of patient or average age of the population, number of hospital beds available, the speed at which the disease can be detected and treated, and so on. In Wuhan the mortality rate was much higher than the rest of China, because in the early weeks the hospitals were overwhelmed and there was chaos. Thousands of medical personnel and equipment was sent from other cities. Quarantine hospitals were set up for light cases. Gradually, the situation was brought under control and the mortality rate fell a great deal.

Other diseases in the past have show similar trends. In the late 19th and 20th century, in many countries the incidence and severity of tuberculosis declined dramatically. There was no specific cure for the disease. That was not discovered until 1943. It was reduced mainly by general public health measures, and also better, cleaner living conditions, education, and so on.

As doctors learn to treat the coronavirus, and they learn which routine interventions work well and which do not, you can expect the mortality rate to fall. That is true even if no specific anti-viral medication emerges. It is true even before a vaccine is deployed. For example, doctors have found that ventilators often fail to work. 80% of patients put on ventilators die. Apparently, this is worse than most cases of pneumonia. They have discovered that less invasive procedures work better than expected. Especially, putting the patient on his stomach and giving him oxygen. There are beds designed for pregnant women, with large holes in the middle, so the women can lie on their stomachs comfortably. These beds are being used with coronavirus patients to allow their lungs to expand freely when they are on their stomachs. The beds seem to improve the oxygen levels in the blood.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.