Covid-19 News

• "Because of its virulence, wide spread and the many asymptomatic cases it causes, Covid-19 cannot be contained in the long run, and so all countries will eventually reach herd immunity. To think otherwise is naive and dangerous."

It is contained in Korea, China and Japan. Anyone can look at the numbers and see that unless something changes radically and the numbers start to increase exponentially, it will remain contained for a year or two, when a vaccine is developed. The numbers started to increase exponentially in Japan weeks ago. That put the fear of God into them, and they imposed voluntary stay-at-home rules in Tokyo, Osaka and Sapporo. Not very strong rules, because people were interviewed in pachinko parlors and bars. Anyway, that worked, as you see from the stats. Cases have declined almost as rapidly as they were increasing. In most prefectures, there was never an exponential increase. There would have been, sooner or later, if things had gotten out of hand in Tokyo.

The stats are here:

https://covid19japan.com/

Look at the numbers and graphs for places like Yamaguchi Prefecture, my home away from home. The population is 1.4 million, about 1/8 of Georgia. They have had 32 cases and no deaths. That would be 256 cases for a population the size of Georgia's. Georgia has 25,000 cases and 1,052 deaths. In other words, the pandemic is about 100 times worse in the U.S. compared to most of Japan.

There is no reason to think daily cases will increase in Yamaguchi, or any of the other rural prefectures listed below Fukushima. The graph labeled "Confirmed Case Trajectories by Prefecture (>100 Cases)" shows the cases are flatlined, not exponential, everywhere but Tokyo of Osaka, and those two are now approaching a flat trajectory. There is no reason to think the total number of cases in the entire country will exceed 18,000 over the next 12 months. They can easily handle that. It is no threat to the larger population. There will be no reason to shut down the economy or issue stay-at-home orders, once the present burst of cases returns to around 50 per day.

Note that every single case in Japan is listed in detail in publicly available databases. For every patient you can find the age, sex, zip-code, number of people infected, and what day the patient took a train. The names and home address is not listed, but there is enough information to allow individuals to do their own case tracing. This is the level of monitoring and tracing it will take to contain the epidemic. This is what we must have in the U.S. before we stop the stay-at-home rules. Otherwise, the epidemic will simply go back to its natural increase, doubling every 3 days. Maybe every 6 days if people are careful and wear masks. But in a few months, we will either go back to lock-down, or millions of people will be infected at one time, and it will destroy the economy. Destroy it completely this time, for years to come. Meat production will fall by half or more, and all the automobile factories will be closed again. That's the "herd immunity will work" scenario. Yeah, it will work, but only after impoverishing the nation for years to come, killing millions, and destroying the lives of tens of millions.

Those are our choices: We can either do what the Asian countries have done, or we can stand helplessly, let nature take its course, and do nothing as if this were the 15th century.

During the months of March and April, the U.S. Federal government could have implemented nationwide testing and tracing, the way they did in Korea and Japan. The Japanese implemented these things in less than two months. We had plenty of time. Our internet-geeks at Google and elsewhere are just as capable, and just as fast, as the Japanese geeks. We can mobilize and train 300,000 people as quickly as they trained proportionally similar sized groups. (In Japan, the people tracing cases are mainly the local city and town government employees. In Iceland they are police detectives.) The U.S. is no less skilled or capable as these other countries. No one knows that better than me. We could have done it. But we did not. So, our population stayed home and lost billions of dollars in income for nothing. It was all a waste. It temporarily stopped the exponential growth, and flattened the curve, but only until the lock-down ends. Nothing was done to prevent a rebound. We will be right back where we were again a few weeks or months after opening up. It is a tragic waste of lives and money. The administration is to blame. The citizens did what the government asked. They made sacrifices. They did the right thing. The government did nothing. As far as I know, they have not implemented a single one of the essential steps needed to control the epidemic -- steps which have been stated and demonstrated by the Korean and Japanese experts for all the world to see.

New York and Massachusetts will try to control the epidemic with Asian methods, but people can travel freely in the U.S. so I doubt they can contain it. Nothing will be done in Georgia by our idiot governor. In Japan, if the epidemic had gone out of control in Tokyo, it would inevitably have reached every part of Yamaguchi. People were, in fact, fleeing to Yamaguchi. The authorities in Yamaguchi shut down public highway rest stops to keep others out. If the epidemic rages in Georgia, New York cannot be safe for long.

• Mindful living

Zinc Vitamin D vitamin C Blue berries... prophylaxis

Note: Vitamin D is inversely related to time spent in front of an LCD screen

Bats get their Vit D without sunlight.. modern humans can to..

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Obesity, for example, has increased tremendously since the 1970s in the U.S. This is a public health catastrophe. It cannot be caused by millions of people suddenly deciding that their health doesn't matter, and they should eat as much frozen pizza as they want.

This is OT but yes it can. The problem here is not public health, it's advertising. And the desire of fast food and processed food makers to create products which taste compellingly good with disregard for health. What makes crude and cheap food taste good isn't fine sauces and truffles. It's greasy fat, the more saturated the better, and sugar and salt in various incarnations. Ever look at the nutritional value and ingredients for any popular chain's hamburgers. I did and it made me shudder. Same with friend chicken. But hey, they are both absolutely delicious. And cheap. So guess who eats the most of those?

BTW, if you can tell me a good reliable treatment for obesity which doesn't suffer highly from recidivism, contact me privately and we will make billions.

• Mindful living

Zinc Vitamin D vitamin C Blue berries... prophylaxis

Note: Vitamin D is inversely related to time spent in front of an LCD screen

I am vaguely annoyed by references to food as dealing with nutritional deficiencies. That's what capsules and tablets are for. Try getting 2000 or 5000 Units of Vitamin D from the sun. You will be roasted medium rare and you will get melanoma and various carcinomas of the skin when you get older (and sometimes not that much older-- it can happen to 20-30 year olds). Nothing wrong with blueberries but I wouldn't rely on just them for much. I love sunbathing and so far have needed 2 basal cell carcinomas and a dozen or so actinic keratoses (pre-cancerous skin lesions) removed. But I still love sunbathing- just with more sunscreen and not as long an exposure! It's addictive.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19667143 : Sun and sun beds: inducers of vitamin D and skin cancer./ Anticancer Res. 2009 Sep;29(9):3495-500.

Shane D. Someone well-meaningly texted me an image of the Statue of Liberty doing a facepalm. The caption is "It only took a virus with a 99% survival rate to covince Americans to give up their rights." I happen to like the person who sent this. But today, they had their head up their ass. There are 300 million people in the US. If they all get a virus that 99% survive, 3 million of them will die. Is that really acceptable when with patience and caution, partial reopening is possible and will provide time for discovery of medicines and development of vaccine and/or convalescent serum?

• Nothing will be done in Georgia by our idiot governor.

The state can't even count dead people, never mind infected people. Yet the governor ignored that and opened up the restaurants, barbers and tattoo parlors. In two days he will end the stay at home rules. Two weeks after that, daily cases will start to rise again, as surely as day follows night, because not one damn thing has been done to stop it.

Even Trump said this is too soon! It isn't actually "too soon." That's the wrong way to put it. If the state and Federal governments will not implement any of the essential steps to control the virus, it will never be time to re-open. Apparently, the whole population must remain locked in until a vaccine is deployed. That's obviously impossible. Either stay at home and starve, or step outside and as a consequence see meat production fall to zero, and other food become unavailable, as society falls apart. Trump may have ordered the meatpackers back to work, but they are not going back. They will not risk their lives and health to put pork on your table. You wouldn't either.

In Japan, if the epidemic had gone out of control in Tokyo, it would inevitably have reached every part of Yamaguchi. People were, in fact, fleeing to Yamaguchi. The authorities in Yamaguchi shut down public highway rest stops to keep others out.

A few miles from my hometown. Ahem. This was high-handed, and it did not go down well in the mass media. In another rural town where there were many refugees from the big cities streaming into local hotels and walking the streets, the mayor broadcast from the emergency public address system loudspeakers in the town center, booming out: "People from other prefectures should please go home. Go home!" (Kaeri-nasai!) That didn't go down well either.

• Shane D. Someone well-meaningly texted me an image of the Statue of Liberty doing a facepalm. The caption is "It only took a virus with a 99% survival rate to covince Americans to give up their rights." I happen to like the person who sent this. But today, they had their head up their ass. There are 300 million people in the US. If they all get a virus that 99% survive, 3 million of them will die. Is that really acceptable when with patience and caution, partial reopening is possible and will provide time for discovery of medicines and development of vaccine and/or convalescent serum?

Especially when other countries have demonstrated exactly what we must do, and they have not given up any of their rights. Not one right! The U.S. occupation authorities wrote the Japanese Constitution, giving them our Bill of Rights plus a bunch of extra rights too. * Which they have abided by ever since, for the most part. Nothing the authorities have done in Japan reaches the level of coercion. There have been no "draconian" steps. Heck, idiots are being interviewed in pachinko pinball parlors on the national news, saying: "They should close this place; it is addictive and I can't stay home, even though I know it's dangerous."

* Such as the right to education through 8th grade, at any age or condition. There are special public schools for adults and disabled people who were not able to complete their education. And it wasn't "the occupation" that wrote the Constitution. It was mainly Beate Sirota, age 22, a bilingual American employee of the occupation. An immigrant from Austria.

https://www.abc.net.au/radiona…-its-constitution/6569764

• The state can't even count dead people, never mind infected people

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Maybe Hawaii is an option... to some of the Southern States. people can count there

Hair salons are not on the list..

The real estate price is going to be cheaper in the next few years.. Aloha

• It cannot be caused by millions of people suddenly deciding that their health doesn't matter, and they should eat as much frozen pizza as they want.

This is OT but yes it can. The problem here is not public health, it's advertising. And the desire of fast food and processed food makers to create products which taste compellingly good

Right, but I meant it cannot happen spontaneously, without an outside stimulus (as I put it). Advertising is a stimulus. The newer foods developed since the 1970s are a stimulus. As you describe, they are addictive. That's what I have heard, but I wouldn't know. I don't eat anything invented after 1970.

Countervailing stimuli have also been removed, or reduced. For example, schools used to teach children about balanced diets. They do not do that as much nowadays.

BTW, if you can tell me a good reliable treatment for obesity which doesn't suffer highly from recidivism, contact me privately and we will make billions.

Public health! More sidewalks. See: https://www.fastcompany.com/30…g-itself-to-keep-them-off) Proper education in primary schools. Americans were not fat in 1970. All we have to do is put things back the way they were, and we will soon be thin again. There is no money to be made in it, but it is sure to work. Our biology has not changed. Just common sense measures, as described in the book "Prescription for a Healthy Nation" (which is mostly about obesity).

That's what they did in Italy and Japan. They started to see increased obesity in Japan, and the metabolic syndrome in middle aged people, around 2008. The government and industry took decisive steps to reverse the trend. They encouraged middle-aged people to get more exercise. They took other steps. For example, they improved the quality of school lunches. Lunches were already pretty good, but nowadays the P.M. and Education Min. of Japan brag that they rival the lunches in France, which are like gourmet restaurants by our standard. Japan, Italy and France are the lands of good food. Really delicious! Good food is one of the keys to keeping a healthy weight.

For individuals, help from professionals greatly increases the likelihood of significant permanent weight loss. Tens of thousands of people have succeeded in doing this. A much higher fraction of them had professional help than the group that failed. See the stats and research papers here:

http://www.nwcr.ws/

• Official Post

It is contained in Korea, China and Japan. Anyone can look at the numbers and see that unless something changes radically and the numbers start to increase exponentially, it will remain contained for a year or two, when a vaccine is developed.

You said this in reference to the authors opinion that herd immunity is the best way to go, because there "is no way to contain COVID in the long run". But he followed with "We need to shield older people and other high-risk groups until they are protected by herd immunity.".

As we all know, the old and sick are targets of the virus, but the rest of the population has little to worry about. I think his idea, and also that of Wyttenbach who has said the same thing, has merit. Question is, how do we protect the high risk groups for the years to come, until herd immunity is reached, or a vaccine developed?

I think all the governors have partially addressed that problem (including Georgia) by imposing rules to protect the nursing homes, retirement villages, and assisted living facilities where 20-50% of COVID deaths occur.

That will keep those groups isolated from direct contact with the lower risk group for the foreseeable future, but still does not cover a sizeable segment of the elderly population who still live within the community. With them, I think the burden to maintain social distance will fall largely on their immediate families, and mainly to them through their sense of self preservation. The survival instinct is strong even at 80, and knowing that catching the virus could be the death of you, is a powerful motivator to protect yourself through lifestyle changes.

I think if the high risk group were asked if they thought these steps are sufficient, they would say yes. The testing, and contact track tracing you keep talking about, IMO would be another measure that would help the high risk group. However, I do not see the point in employing the huge resources needed to do the same with the general population. They, for the most part, will get a few symptoms, or none at all, recover and get on with life as the newest herd immunity member. Just keep the old/infirm separate, test them a lot (which they are going to do I believe), and if positive, quarantine them in their rooms.

It may be a sad new world for the elderly, and sick. They will basically have to live lifestyles isolated away from the rest of the society until a vaccine comes along. Even then, they will have to take huge precautions that will lower quality of life. Physical contact, or even visits to their children and grandchildren may be a thing of the past. It is lonely enough for the elderly as it is without this new burden. Probably many will say hell with the virus, I am going to live life to the fullest. If it gets me, then so be it. That is what i would do.

• Official Post

Just because I read this article a while ago and It kind of obsessed me, and I had tried to verify the data but it was not available, for a while, but today I could get into the http://www.nhc.gov.cn site and retrieved the same data set (took me a while), and I expanded it a bit with respect to the article I read, but basically I can say that the author has a very plausible point.

https://medium.com/@sesrenacon…e-suspicious-68d4e2b6be6d

I attach the data tables I translated with Google from Chinese to English, and I manually copied the total cases and influenza cases per month and created a spreadsheet. I was more than halfway retrieving the data when I realized I better pasted the link to each original data webpage, in order to let people check the original for themselves, sorry for the missing ones, but the search recommended in the article allows to fetch the rest of the pages rather easily.

I kind of think that the author of the article has a point, and perhaps there is a good deal of Covid-19 cases hidden in the influenza peak of December 2019 and January 2020.

I repeat that I am kind of obsessed with the possible cover up of the pandemic numbers in China, so I kind of had to do this and get it out of my system.

I contacted the author of the blog article through his Researchgate page and sent him the same files, I have not heard from him, I hope he reads the data and updates his article if possible.

• The Italian daily "IL TEMP" reported in its April 28 edition that there was a very

low incidence of Covid infection (including no deaths, and no intensive care) among

the 65,000 people taking Plaquenil for lupus or rheumatoid arthritis. If correct, this

is strongly statistically significant.

Here is the URL,

https://www.iltempo.it/salute/…ochina-sars-cov2-1321227/

-- and a translation of the title, and final conclusion --

Coronavirus, revealed how it works: that's why hydroxychloroquine could work

by Peter D'Angelo - APRIL 28, 2020

...Finally, further confirmation of this hypothesis is the data collected in the register of the SIR (Italian rheumatology society). To assess the possible correlations between chronic patients and Covid19, SIR interrogated 1,200 rheumatologists throughout Italy to collect statistics on infections. Out of an audience of 65,000 chronic patients (Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis), who systematically take Plaquenil / hydroxychloroquine, only 20 patients tested positive for the virus. Nobody died, nobody is in intensive care, according to the data collected so far.

• Best case, we have 20M doses of working vaccine in October from just one of multiple manufacturers, with 10M per month thereafter. I don't have projected figures for other manufacturers, but there are multiple who are starting production now in the hope the Phase 3 testing goes well.

5 months

And here (no other figures for projected quantities)

Other scientists involved in the project are working with a half dozen drug manufacturing companies across Europe and Asia to prepare to churn out billions of doses as quickly as possible if the vaccine is approved. None have been granted exclusive marketing rights, and one is the giant Serum Institute of India, the world’s largest supplier of vaccines.

Donors are currently spending tens of millions of dollars to start the manufacturing process at facilities in Britain and the Netherlands even before the vaccine is proven to work, said Sandy Douglas, 37, a doctor at Oxford overseeing vaccine production.

“There is no alternative,” he said.

But the team has not yet reached an agreement with a North American manufacturer, in part because the major pharmaceutical companies there typically demand exclusive worldwide rights before investing in a potential medicine.

“I personally don’t believe that in a time of pandemic there should be exclusive licenses,” Professor Hill said. “So we are asking a lot of them. Nobody is going to make a lot of money off this.”

EDIT:

AstraZeneca is on board.

Pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca has today agreed to mass-produce a COVID-19 vaccine developed by Oxford University scientists.

Human trials of the experimental jab - called ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 - started last week and the first results are expected in mid-June.

If proven to protect against the deadly virus, the deal will allow the UK to access to the vaccine 'as early as possible', the university said today.

Details of the agreement - described by Health Secretary Matt Hancock as 'hugely welcome news' - are set to be finalised in the coming weeks.

THH

• @sot ....I wasn't suggesting bypass surgery, simple blood oxygenation using ECMO or heart- lung bypass machine using jugular vein catheterization as used in emergency dialysis might work. If the oxygenation rate/blood flow is fast enough. Let's face it what emergency measures would you not use if Trump or Boris was lying in ICU?

• The Italian daily "IL TEMP" reported in its April 28 edition that there was a very

low incidence of Covid infection (including no deaths, and no intensive care) among

the 65,000 people taking Plaquenil for lupus or rheumatoid arthritis. If correct, this

is strongly statistically significant.

This is obvious as China recommends the use of Plaquenil since more than 2 months now.

But the international (FM,RY,B,J) mafia that also controls 99% of all western newspapers today, in most countries leading newspapers, reports that Remsdesivir can fight corona.

Fact is: Remsdesivir ( as the report details do show) does not save your live. It does not fight corona it supports only your recovery from mild corona infections. This is how the absolute corrupt US health mafia tries to get a stake of the world wide profit out of a desperate group of old patients fighting for their live.

If you have to go to ICU force the doctor to not give you this crap or only during the recovery phase if they provide it at a very low price. Make him liable to prescribe you Ivermectin before sending you to a nice intubation power nap!

If you don't have access to a liquid (intravenous) form - needed for sedated patients - you could also try to apply Solantra creme on a small part of skin with high blood circulation.

https://www.pharmawiki.ch/wiki…php?wiki=Ivermectin-Creme

All the other medication (Avigan and famotidine) do have some serious drawbacks (1st kidney problems) and thus are much more complicated to handle. But I would try famotidine too.

For those living on the country side: Just ask a near by cattle farmer/horse owner do give you one Ivermectin tablet (check the dosage of course! usually 1 tablet is for 100kg 20mg total dosage) in case the doctors don't want to treat you albeit you have all the symptoms.

• Well if Trump is opening up the US next week we are going to need quick and effective antiviral treatment ASAP. Anti Bat will work if used as a mass fever treatment at the first signs of illness. Trouble is the price of Avigan has skyrocketed, so we're left with HCQ, Dox/AZM, Zn, Ivermectin, ( Sutherlandia, Angelica, Nigella, Liquorice herbals) with dietary supplements Quercitin, Coconut oil (monolaurin) Multi Vitamins C&D + Ca.. Probably work against Zika virus too:

• Repurposing of the anti-malaria drug chloroquine for Zika Virus treatment and prophylaxis

Scientific Reports volume 7, Article number: 15771 (2017) Cite this article

• One of the major challenges of the current Zika virus (ZIKV) epidemic is to prevent congenital foetal abnormalities, including microcephaly, following ZIKV infection of pregnant women. Given the urgent need for ZIKV prophylaxis and treatment, repurposing of approved drugs appears to be a viable and immediate solution. We demonstrate that the common anti-malaria drug chloroquine (CQ) extends the lifespan of ZIKV-infected interferon signalling-deficient AG129 mice. However, the severity of ZIKV infection in these mice precludes the study of foetal (vertical) viral transmission. Here, we show that interferon signalling-competent SJL mice support chronic ZIKV infection. Infected dams and sires are both able to transmit ZIKV to the offspring, making this an ideal model for in vivo validation of compounds shown to suppress ZIKV in cell culture. Administration of CQ to ZIKV-infected pregnant SJL mice during mid-late gestation significantly attenuated vertical transmission, reducing the ZIKV load in the foetal brain more than 20-fold. Given the limited side effects of CQ, its lack of contraindications in pregnant women, and its worldwide availability and low cost, we suggest that CQ could be considered for the treatment and prophylaxis of ZIKV.

• So hydroxychloroquine treatment is back in the running after this new Italian survey of Lupus/RA patients. As a prophylactic, no less. The biochemical evidence wins through every time. Maybe pharma should stop financing negative studies (VA) now that their plot has been rumbled, someone should put the FBI onto it.:)

The FBI is a captured agency. You (and many others) have no idea who you are dealing with.

Are you seeing what FBI did in the Flynn case?

Who is doing this?

Why?

Forget LENR, these questions affect the future of the race.

• Was this where Didier Raoult got the bright idea of testing the hydroxychloroquine - azithromycin combination?

Efficacy and Safety of Azithromycin-Chloroquine versus Sulfadoxine-Pyrimethamine for Intermittent Preventive Treatment of Plasmodium falciparum Malaria Infection in Pregnant Women in Africa: An Open-Label, Randomized Trial

• Joshua Kimani ,
    • Kamija Phiri,
    • Steve Kamiza,
    • Stephan Duparc,
    • Ayman Ayoub,
    • Ricardo Rojo,
    • Jeffery Robbins,
    • Russell Orrico,
    • Pol Vandenbroucke

PLOS

• Abstract

Background

The World Health Organization recommends intermittent preventive treatment in pregnancy (IPTp) with sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine (SP) in African regions with moderate to high malaria transmission. However, growing resistance to SP threatens the effectiveness of IPTp-SP, and alternative drugs are needed. This study tested the efficacy, tolerability, and safety of a fixed-dose combination azithromycin-chloroquine (AZCQ; 250 mg AZ/155 mg CQ base) for IPTp relative to IPTp-SP.

• Navid so what do you think we are dealing with other than a corrupt federal government, pharmaceutical industry run by sociopathic CEO's, etc etc. which are all fair game for Federal Bureau of further Investigation? If all democratic governments are all now equally corrupt and run by mafia style business operations then I agree there is no point in searching for the truth in anything. So just in that case let the chaos run its course, give it up nothing can be done.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.