Covid-19 News

• The new sweden like strategy now in place to forgo remediation to reopen the USA to normal bisiness activity will produce a death toll in the USA of up to 250,000. If the Covid-19 epidemic is compared to snowstorm, a whiteout is coming.

• In fact Aspirin,Southern Comfort, strong tea and tobacco are my standby medication.

Please exercise a bit of caution about the combination. Your stomach may disagree with you. Also, in doses exceeding 80 - 100 mg per day, aspirin can cause GI bleeding and even perforation. It's very unusual but it can happen without warning, in people over 65 especially. It can also make hemorrhagic strokes much worse and harder to deal with. I guess you pays you money and makes your choices.

It would be interesting to see if the many patients treated with anticoagulants (such as warfarin) are protected against these complications. (Coumadin, Sintrom, Previscan, and even aspirin : Aspegic, Kardegic) I suggest to prefer aspirin against paracetamol, because 3 g of paracetamol kills you, but 3 g of aspirin makes just little stomach burn and little blood when saving.

Actually the max allowed dose of paracetamol/Tylenol/acetaminophen is 4 grams per day. I wouldn't recommend more than half that much inasmuch as most people don't know the state of their liver function. But no, three grams won't kill the typical person. For the details: https://www.uspharmacist.com/a…-pharmacists-need-to-know

Lethality for aspirin starts around 300 mg/kg. So for a 50 kg person, around 15 grams. But long before you get to that dose, there can be adverse effects, most especially GI hemorrhage which can lead to death, especially in older persons.

All NSAID's have some risk even in recommended doses.

• The new sweden like strategy now in place to forgo remediation to reopen the USA to normal bisiness activity will produce a death toll in the USA of up to 250,000. If the Covid-19 epidemic is compared to snowstorm, a whiteout is coming.

That assumes adequate social isolation, mask wearing, hand washing and protection of the elderly and immunocompromised as well as adequate treatment facilities. Much or all of that is improbable for the current thinking many USA citizens seem to have so, absent a vaccine or an effective treatment, the death toll could be much worse.

• Crazy stuff for sure. Also it's not just any housing system. Everyone will have their own, personal bathroom!

Yes. That's how it works in places called "hotels." In the U.S. and Japan, all of the quarantine facilities being prepared by states are underused hotels and motels, leased at below market rates. There were some available before the pandemic. Now they are all available cheaply. "Occupancy is trending towards zero."

https://www.usatoday.com/story…amid-pandemic/2885071001/

These are for people with mild cases, to keep them separated from their families or roommates, so that other family members are not infected. They are not for seriously ill people. You only need to stay at them for a couple of weeks.

Will they move people out of their homes kicking and screaming, like they did in China?

No, it is voluntary.

Having to take care of someone with even a mild case of coronavirus is difficult. To do it right, you are supposed to eat separately, sleep and use bathrooms separately, and so on. For poor people in crammed apartments and houses, this is difficult. Or impossible. In Georgia, the latest hotspot outbreak is in Gainesville. Everyone knows why it is happening there, and what the cause is. This is the poultry meatpacking capital of the U.S. Most of the workers are illegal immigrants living in beat-up filthy houses with an average of 12 people per house (I think it was). They work close together in the plants. They will not go to the doctor or report an illness, because they have no health insurance, no medicaid or Obamacare, and because they fear they will be fired or deported if they do anything the authorities take notice of. That's what they say. These are ideal conditions to spread infectious disease.

Our nitwit governor visited Gainesville yesterday, showing concern in his facial expression. Apparently he does not plan to do anything about the problem, but he did emote. As I mentioned here, the poultry industry owners and CEOs are also not doing anything to stem the epidemic. I mean anything that costs money. They are taking worker's temperatures, putting up plexiglass barriers, and they are harassing, firing or deporting anyone who tells the public or the press what is happening. They don't want spend millions now, or do anything to disrupt production now, or cause any PR problems. So, in a few weeks, production is likely to collapse the way pork and beef production have collapsed in the midwest, with 25% to 50% production losses (different sources report).

They are setting themselves and their workers up to lose billions of dollars, and to cause real food shortages in the U.S. -- of all places.

The actual methods to prevent this are well understood by now. I described them here. Under these circumstances, the best thing to do would be to test everyone, guarantee full wages and make available short term quarantine facilities for mildly ill people at leased motels, so that they do not infect others. This would cost real money, so they are going with thermometers and plexiglass instead.

• This probably doesn't say too much except that HCQ (alone) is certainly not a magic bullet for very sick patients. Also, it's an observational study- apparently the best people can do for now. That will change, hopefully soon so we get a good answer, both for very sick and for mildly to moderately sick patients.

In the main analysis, there was no significant association between hydroxychloroquine use and intubation or death (hazard ratio, 1.04, 95% confidence interval, 0.82 to 1.32). Results were similar in multiple sensitivity analyses.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2012410?query=RP

Sweden has no little more herd immunity than Norway (total cases/million) -- 1.55 *
    http://91-divoc.com/pages/covi…rway#countries-normalized
    and paid a terrible price in lives (deaths/million) 7*
    http://91-divoc.com/pages/covi…rway#countries-normalized

• Hi,

It has been awhile since I have posted here.

The pioneering work of Irwin Stone & Linus Pauling has resulted in a worldwide movement by orthomolecular physicians to fight viral disease that is clearly relevant at this moment. See COVID-19 & VITAMIN C at aesopinstitute.org for an introduction and a prevention protocol as well as treatments they have developed which might save a great many lives as events move in the direction we now observe.

• Covid-19 infection could carry long term chronic damage associated with chronic malfuction of the ACE2 receptor throughout the body. If the ACE2 receptores in the body suffer widespread damaged through the Covid-19 infection, then there is a likelihood that the survivor of the infection will be subject to developing high blood pressure, atherosclerosis, heart disease, mental problems, digestive problems, stroke, and type II diabetes,

• It would be interesting to see if the many patients treated with anticoagulants (such as warfarin) are protected against these complications.

Heparin blocks corona from entering cell. (stop spreading) So it's of double use! (See old post)

More than double survival rate in ICU/ventilation cases!

http://www.onlinejacc.org/cont…110-2104341714.1587686709

This will end the discussion about the Gilead rubbish.

• Hi,

It has been awhile since I have posted here.

The pioneering work of Irwin Stone & Linus Pauling has resulted in a worldwide movement by orthomolecular physicians to fight viral disease that is clearly relevant at this moment. See COVID-19 & VITAMIN C at aesopinstitute.org for an introduction and a prevention protocol as well as treatments they have developed which might save a great many lives as events move in the direction we now observe.

I cover this subject in this post

Covid-19 (WuFlu) News

• The pioneering work of Irwin Stone & Linus Pauling has resulted in a worldwide movement by orthomolecular physicians to fight viral disease that is clearly relevant at this moment. See COVID-19 & VITAMIN C at aesopinstitute.org for an introduction and a prevention protocol as well as treatments they have developed which might save a great many lives as events move in the direction we now observe.

There we have it from genius who made billions from his magnetic motor and room temperature semiconductors. ... Oh! He didn't?

It was all a (word I can't put here)? If not, where did it go? Just what we neeeded.

• Kinda like Dr. Richard has been saying for a few months, no?

Good call doc.

• Heparin blocks corona from entering cell. (stop spreading) So it's of double use! (See old post)

Do you mind repeating the cite/link for that. I never heard of it and if you posted it before, I may have missed it. Classical heparin, given IV, is an extremely dangerous drug which has to be used under continuous control of blood clotting measurements. It pains me to remember and I doubt it was my fault but way back when I was doing internal medicine internship, a patient of mine with blood clots in the legs was treated with heparin and shortly thereafter developed a CVA (stroke). She survived but was seriously impaired. Low molecular weight heparin (Lovenox), given by shallow subcutaneously injection, is safer than the older variety but still quite difficult to manage in some patients.

I think heparin works (only in very sick COVID-19 patients) by preventing/mitigating DIC (disseminated intravascular coagulation). If you have a paper showing it interferes with COVID-19, i'd like to see it. If you don't have one, please stop saying it. Thanks.

The article you linked above (PDF preprint) is excellent about coagulation issues but says nothing I could find about preventing entry of virus into cells. Did I miss something?

• We already know but

Vitamin D Linked to Low Virus Death Rate Says New Study

https://www.newsmax.com/health…-19/2020/05/07/id/966554/

Vitamin D has been shown to protect against acute respiratory infections, and older adults, the group most deficient in vitamin D, are also the ones most seriously affected by the virus

scientists have found people in countries that have the highest mortality rates from COVID-19 like Italy and Spain, also had the lowest levels of vitamin D. Conversely, the highest levels of vitamin D were found in northern European countries, like Scandinavia, which was among the countries with the lowest mortality rates

• https://www.psychologytoday.co…05/vitamin-d-and-covid-19

Vitamin D and COVID-19

Can taking Vitamin D save your life?

A recent report from the Philippines found that in patients infected with COVID-19, the patient’s level of Vitamin D was significantly associated with clinical outcomes. Vitamin D deficiency was associated with a higher level of death from the disease. And a new study by researchers at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Foundation Trust and the University of East Anglia in the UK prompted the authors to advise that vitamin D supplementation could protect against respiratory infections like COVID-19. Similarly, a recent study from Switzerland led researchers to “advise Vitamin D supplementation to protect against SARS-CoV2 infection.”

• Don't know. RT-PCR is not to be used as a measure of disease progression but that is what they used. It was the only endpoint. They said their study may not be valid cause 99% of patients have mild to moderate disease. In both groups >80% were were successful (85% hcq vs 81% not) in their endpoint.

Most notably: they intended to discuss but did not report

1) alleviation of clinical symptoms;

2) improvement of C–reactive protein, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, tumor necrosis factor–α, Interleukin–6, and absolute blood

lymphocyte count;

3) improvement of lung lesions on chest radiology;

So we just don't know who got felt better vs who didnt. Anyone who knows what an RT-PCR test is would be angry.

As it stands this study is disinformation and would lead a clinician to kill people.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.