Covid-19 News

• https://www.reuters.com/articl…nother-test-idUSKBN22J3FP

Malaria drug touted by Trump for coronavirus fails another test

While the study being published in the New England Journal of Medicine had certain limitations, doctors reported that the use of hydroxycholoquine neither lessened the need for patients requiring breathing assistance nor the risk of death.

“We didn’t see any association between getting this medicine and the chance of dying or being intubated,” lead researcher Dr. Neil Schluger told Reuters in a telephone interview. “The patients who got the drug didn’t seem to do any better.”

• We already know but

Vitamin D Linked to Low Virus Death Rate Says New Study

https://www.newsmax.com/health…-19/2020/05/07/id/966554/

Vitamin D has been shown to protect against acute respiratory infections, and older adults, the group most deficient in vitamin D, are also the ones most seriously affected by the virus

scientists have found people in countries that have the highest mortality rates from COVID-19 like Italy and Spain, also had the lowest levels of vitamin D. Conversely, the highest levels of vitamin D were found in northern European countries, like Scandinavia, which was among the countries with the lowest mortality rates

Well, I am not sure we already know it. The link you cited is a correlation. Correlation is not causation. It could be that people who eat more vitamin D or get out in the sun more are the healthy ones. Then what? As always, what is needed is a prospective, randomized, placebo controlled trial. I have looked for some but didn't find them. I've read of claimed success for treating bad influenza cases with vitamin D but there are conflicting data about that. Caveat emptor. Vitamin D is pretty harmless but not entirely so in very large quantities. One thing it may cause is calcifications where you don't want them. That evidence is wobbly too. It's difficult to know.

• Cannabinol

Ah, thank you. How do you get a hold of that? And what is it supposed to do for you and in what dose, please? (cannabinol is not to be confused with cannabidiol or tetrahydrocannabinol).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinol

"Cannabinol (CBN) is a mildly psychoactive cannabinoid found only in trace amounts in Cannabis,[5] and is mostly found in aged Cannabis.[6] Pharmacologically relevant quantities are formed as a metabolite of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)"

• At the end of the day, we all come here because we want to save the planet. What side of the political fence one is on, should make no difference, as we all have a common goal. Navid thinks the Mills way is the best option to put our efforts into, and that is what he should be judged on, not by his strong political beliefs. Same goes for our lefties here...what counts is their science views.

Sorry, what!? Conspiracy theories are 'political' now? What is this world coming to?

Well, as long as political discussions are banned here, i guess that makes discussing conspiracy theories similarly banned. I look forwards to seeing them moved to their rightful place.

• Yes. That's how it works in places called "hotels." In the U.S. and Japan, all of the quarantine facilities being prepared by states are underused hotels and motels, leased at below market rates. There were some available before the pandemic. Now they are all available cheaply. "Occupancy is trending towards zero."

Oh, hotels. That doesn't sound so bad. Your own toilet, maybe free wifi and room service! I wonder why Dr. Levin simply didn't say that.

No, it is voluntary.

That's good to hear. I wonder why Dr. Levin didn't make that clear, and instead used words to imply the opposite : "we're not going to be able to keep the person in that home."

Our nitwit governor visited Gainesville yesterday, showing concern in his facial expression.

This guy?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Seems like a good guy to me.

PS I didn't know James Randi had a son who did signing. ;)

• Keeping distance

Yesterday a train im my country (Netherlands) became too crowded which resulted in passengers being too close to each other.

The train conducter then asked some people to leave the train, which was refused,

He then called the police which disembarked the whole train which then contined his ride without any passengers on board.

• American Researcher Dr Judy Mikovits on COVID19 Plague of Corruption

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You left out the Illuminati, the Freemasons, and the Knights Templar. Also the grey and green aliens, their UFO's and kidnappings and secret implants and anal probes. You need to study more so your thesis can be complete. You can watch Alex Jones for reliable information about conspiracies against the American people.

Don't forget the shape-shifting lizard people. Ultimately they control everything; Hollywood, the media, international banking.

(And no, they are completely, definitely, absolutely, not a metaphor for any particular group of people at all).

• Do you mind repeating the cite/link for that. I never heard of it and if you posted it before, I may have missed it. Classical heparin, given IV, is an extremely dangerous drug which has to be used under continuous control of blood clotting measurements. It pains me to remember and I doubt it was my fault but way back when I was doing internal medicine internship, a patient of mine with blood clots in the legs was treated with heparin and shortly thereafter developed a CVA (stroke). She survived but was seriously impaired. Low molecular weight heparin (Lovenox), given by shallow subcutaneously injection, is safer than the older variety but still quite difficult to manage in some patients.

Here the old links:

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.02.29.971093v1

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-16048-4

10 years ago they gave you Heparin injections for home application Today you get pills. Your case must have been an intravenous emergency application with negative side effect of freeing an irreducible clot.

• Don't forget the shape-shifting lizard people. Ultimately they control everything; Hollywood, the media, international banking.

(And no, they are completely, definitely, absolutely, not a metaphor for any particular group of people at all.)

Seems that the "conspiracy theory" label does not work to silent non mainstream narratives.

In Soviet URSS political dissidents were considered insane and interned in a mental hospital.

“Conspiracy theory” is widely acknowledged to be a loaded term. Politicians use it to mock and dismiss allegations against them, while philosophers and political scientists warn that it could be used as a rhetorical weapon to pathologize dissent. In two empirical studies conducted on Amazon Mechanical Turk, I present an initial examination of whether this concern is justified. In Experiment 1, 150 participants judged a list of historical and speculative theories to be no less likely when they were labeled “conspiracy theories” than when they were labeled “ideas.” In Experiment 2 (N = 802), participants who read a news article about fictitious “corruption allegations” endorsed those allegations no more than participants who saw them labeled “conspiracy theories.” The lack of an effect of the conspiracy‐theory label in both experiments was unexpected and may be due to a romanticized image of conspiracy theories in popular media or a dilution of the term to include mundane speculation regarding corruption and political intrigue. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2019 APA, all rights reserved)

https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2015-36814-001

• Well, as long as political discussions are banned here, i guess that makes discussing conspiracy theories similarly banned. I look forwards to seeing them moved to their rightful place.

The irony could not be more thick.

A site on LENR is going to police conspiracy theories. At 11:23 Zach Vorhies - the Google Whistleblower - speaks to how one of the reasons he spoke out is because they delisted e-Catworld.

External Content youtu.be
    Ex-Google fighting courageously for freedom of speech for LENR. LENR people fighting against freedom of speech.

If LENR-FORUM wants to thought police "unproven" hearsay and dissident ideas then don't complain when they come after you.

I know the head engineer at Google. One phone call and they will oblige.

ps. This scientist was put in jail by Fauci and had a gag order for 5 years. Now (noon EST) she is speaking live.

• Ah, thank you. How do you get a hold of that? And what is it supposed to do for you and in what dose, please? (cannabinol is not to be confused with cannabidiol or tetrahydrocannabinol).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinol

"Cannabinol (CBN) is a mildly psychoactive cannabinoid found only in trace amounts in Cannabis,[5] and is mostly found in aged Cannabis.[6] Pharmacologically relevant quantities are formed as a metabolite of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)"

It is difficult to find. If you want to buy it in bulk, there are a few suppliers of CBD who can also supply CBN. Since it not a cannabinoid found in large quantities naturally, it must be distilled as part of the process of isolating other products.

Here is some information on what it does. My tablets contain 5mg each, and a typical starting dose is 10mg. It varies quite a bit according to an individual's sensitivity.

• Wyttenbach time to add heparin into Anti-Bat? If it can be given in an effective pill form, it's a large mucopolysaccharide which unlike hydroxychloroquine is not easy to absorb or will suffer degradation in the stomach. These two new negative HCQ studies again suffer from using the drug too late (16 days after first sympotoms) as If given as a remedy of last resort when all other treatment has failed. Also not given with Zn. Heparin also has cardioprotective properties which may counteract not only the hemagglutinating action of the virus but also ameliorate the side effects of HCQ, as would doxycycline instead of azithromycin. Remdesivir from the biochemistry has a similar potency to HCQ and should be equally effective administered early enough.

• Navid - your "ECW is being suppressed as art of a deep state conspiracy" guy here is way off beam in other ways too.

For example, he thinks Rossi having patents is somehow evidence of his credibility?

Just shows how good at PR Rossi is - and yet, useless patents are not useless, they convince third party commentators that maybe you have got something for real (but are being suppressed by deep state actors).

But don't you think you should argue this stuff with details properly (like has been done here years ago) rather than post weird conspiracy videos without details?

• Navid - your "ECW is being suppressed as art of a deep state conspiracy" guy here is way off beam in other ways too.

For example, he thinks Rossi having patents is somehow evidence of his credibility?

Forest from the trees. The discussion is around whether they should be blacklists at all by Google - I have seen the blacklist - it is political.

You have introduced into the subject Rossi. As to whether he knows or doesn't know about Rossi I don't care. I do know that Zach had concerned about blacklists, censureship, sale of private American data to foreign private interests and other nefarious activities.

But most important I was talking about free speech and trying to play big brother on ideas that challenge the consensus.

• Vit D - the sunshine vitamin - is correlated with people who are outside more in the sun. That means younger, healthier people. And at national population level that means more time outside (with direct sunlight) where COVID does not spread so well. Think about the difference between cafe tables in a packed room, raining outside, and people on an outside terrace sanitised by UV and ventilated naturally.

For these reasons - correlation is not causation - it is very difficult to conclude any therapeutic effect for Vitamin D. There might be some - certainly vitamin deficiency can have affects. But studies like this do not provide evidence.

Yeah but is there any correlation with clinical improvement in properly done randomized placebo-controlled or multi-armed studies? That's the only real issue.

The RCT score for HCT is remarkably poor based on small studies, and inconclusive because no high quality RCT studies yet. Other evidence as posted here is mostly irrelevant. The May 1st observational study posted here recently is the best evidence I've seen, but could all be for nothing given we don't know the (non-randomised) selection method for who got the drug.

We will get better RCT results soon (May 28 - only single-blind, This study estimated April - but says it is still recruiting. It would be good to find out more, they should have robust results soon).

I'm now slightly positive for some therapeutic effect given right dosing and timing, it seems unlikely to be a magic bullet. Rather like Remdesivir, which, other than the disadvantage of being a lot more expensive, is another candidate we will get better info on soon.

• Forest from the trees. The discussion is around whether they should be blacklists at all by Google - I have seen the blacklist - it is political.

You have introduced into the subject Rossi. As to whether he knows or doesn't know about Rossi I don't care. I do know that Zach had concerned about blacklists, censureship, sale of private American data to foreign private interests and other nefarious activities.

But most important I was talking about free speech and trying to play big brother on ideas that challenge the consensus.

Evidence?

My understanding is that google blacklist is technical, based on algorithmic analysis and can be understood and measured taken to get off it.

https://sucuri.net/guides/what-is-google-blacklist/

And ecat world is not (now) on it.

Would not surprise me if it had been on it, i vaguely remember they had some trouble with bad links a while ago.

However - mods please note:

https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/lenr-forum.com

lenr forum looks now like rated medium risk.

Deep state action - do you think? LOL

THH

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.