Covid-19 News

• Not much detail...

and yes, the internet / news media is full of false or misreported claims. (Yes, from BOTH sides of the aisle)

However, IF this story is factual and true, it would indeed lead back to "business as usual" it would seem depending on availability and cost.

This is what is truly needed.

https://www.foxnews.com/scienc…rus-antibody-breakthrough.

It is sad however, that some will immediately dismiss this simply because where it is being reported at! (Like THAT frame of mind is really scientific!) :/

• Official Post

Quote from that spectator article above-

" The Bank of England forecasts the UK economy will fall by 14 percent this year — the steepest decline since 1706. Similar trends can be found across the industrial world. "

Absolute tosh. In WW2 40% of our national economy was devoted to war work, which did nothing to improve anybody's life. And we did that for 6 years, 1939-1945, a huge waste of blood and treasure. Essentially people were being paid to trash the planet and kill their fellow humans. forget the just cause stuff and just look at the logic. I am not suggesting we should not have fought the Axis powers, but that the Spectator is indulging in fairytale economics

• What Sorrento and others have been doing with antibody shots has been reported on extensively since the outbreak. What they and others are trying to do is new technology and science. Regeneron has been doing it for a while by making antibodies to treat cancer.

It's kind of a horse race to see who can come up with one first. A lot of people are betting on Regeneron. They said they believe they have two treatments that work and are going into Phase 3 clinical testing for them this summer.

The problem is these therapies are difficult to make in large volume. Harder than a vaccine. But more of it can be produced than convalescent plasma. So it's a step in the right direction. But to get rid of Covid we would need billions of doses of vaccine to truly eradicate it.

https://www.wbur.org/hereandno…coronavirus-antibody-drug

https://www.fastcompany.com/90…y-arrive-before-a-vaccine

• May be people should start to look at Sweden that works fine without any official lock-down. The only mistake they made happened already some 10 years ago when they sold their old people needing care to the private health mafia, that obviously works for profit only. Most deaths are from care homes where employees are cheap eastern Europe folks that live under slave conditions like many people in the USA.

In Canada we have both municipal run care homes and private run care homes. As I recall from a recent Toronto Star article, the covid19 related death rate is four times higher in private vs municipally run care homes. The private care homes have more of their staff who are not full time (the care home saves money), and who thus work at several care homes, leading to more virus spread. That is one reason among others. In Canada over 60 percent of our nearly 5,500 covid19 related deaths are in care homes. Over 80 percent of our covid19 related deaths are linked to care homes.

• No doubt you have taken the recommended measures, and more, to isolate yourself from infection . . .

Of course! I am one of those insufferable people who drives at the speed limit. I label the cables on the back of the computer. I read the instructions before beginning assembly. What is worse, I am the guy who wrote the instructions!

Once a programmer, always a programmer.

• Since you practice all the safe guidelines... how do you :

1:Pay the electric bill .... mine runs about $2000 per month. Seriously.

Is that for a business location? A large building? If not, $2000 a month sounds too high. Perhaps you should have someone look through the building to find ways to reduce energy consumption.

The lock down has essentially shut down 90% of my business, yet insurance is not reduced, taxes are not reduced.... none of the above is reduced... not even the electrical consumption.

The lockdown did not do this. The virus did. Data from Georgia shows that families and businesses were closing down on their own initiative before a lockdown was mandated. The number did not increase much after the mandate, and even though it has officially ended, few have opened up. The largest single business in Atlanta is the airport. It never closed, but business remains 90% down. Furthermore, in Sweden, Korea and many prefectures in Japan, there has been no lockdown, but business is way down.

• Of course! I am one of those insufferable people who drives at the speed limit. I label the cables on the back of the computer. I read the instructions before beginning assembly. What is worse, I am the guy who wrote the instructions!

Once a programmer, always a programmer.

A programmer was on his way home from work when his wife called on his cell phone.

“Please go to the store on the way home and get a loaf a bread, and if they have eggs, get a dozen”, she said.

The programmer brings home 12 loaves of bread.

• The problem is these therapies are difficult to make in large volume. Harder than a vaccine. But more of it can be produced than convalescent plasma. So it's a step in the right direction. But to get rid of Covid we would need billions of doses of vaccine to truly eradicate it.

Agreed, but that is not the point.

IF, and it is a big IF, a therapy can be found which will adequately prevent deaths, it needs to be available only for those people who catch the virus, when they catch it, and who have severe symptoms, not the whole population. And it removes the fear and allows activities that would increase the infection rate.

So the number of doses needed initially is 1000s of times less than for a vaccine, and eventually is still maybe 20 times less.

It turns COVID into a medium Flu in terms of its damage.

In addition, compared with a vaccine, efficacy is much more easily established, and safety is less of a problem because it is onbly given to people who need it for their own treatment. Though prophylactic use, also considerrd here, would have a higher safety bar.

• This is not some proverbial story about some proverbial situation. This is my world today, real and factual.

So how do you pay your bills today?

Perhaps I can learn from you in this area as well as you preach so passionately about the lockdown.

Thank you.

You sound resentful toward the lockdown. Your anger is misdirected. You should be upset with the national and local governments instead. They are at fault. They should have controlled the epidemic using the Korean methods. Korea never needed a lockdown.

The lockdown should never have happened. It was a last ditch effort. It was only needed because nothing was done, and the situation got out of control. Unfortunately, the Federal and local governments in Georgia have still done nothing, so the situation will probably go out of control again. Anther lockdown will be needed. Hundreds of thousands of people will die for no reason. And people like you will lose huge sums of money and possibly go bankrupt. Not because of the lockdown, but because our national leaders are idiots who will not lift a finger to control the epidemic.

• Another reminder that the cure (lock downs) will ultimately be much more deadly than the disease.

Again, you confuse the issue. The lockdowns are not the problem. The problem is that the government has done nothing to control the virus. There should have been no need for the lockdown. It was the worst possible response, but it was the only one left to us because they government did nothing else. During the lockdown, the government should have set up testing and case tracking, but it did not, so we will soon be forced into a lockdown again.

Only a few thousand Americans should have died. Instead, 150,000 or more will die. This was totally unnecessary. It could have been avoided easily. You should be upset by that, not because the lockdown cure is so destructive. We all know it is destructive, but since the government refuses to do anything else, there is no choice. It is the only thing that we individual citizens can do for ourselves. We will continue to do it even if Trump and governor of Georgia tell us we don't need to.

In 1941, the only way the Russian army could avoid total destruction was to retreat hundreds of miles into Russia, letting the Germans overrun the country. The Germans killed millions of civilians in the areas they occupied. Retreat was a dreadful tactic, but if the Russian armies had stood and fought, the Germans would have captured them all, and the Germans starved to death or massacred all of their prisoners. It was either retreat, or be annihilated to the last man. Surrender was not an option. What you are saying now, "we should not have a lockdown" is similar to a Russian soldier in 1941 saying, "we shouldn't retreat." Everyone knows we will pay a terrible price for the lockdown, but you should realize that we have no alternative. Our leaders have left us with no alternatives. They could have stopped the epidemic without a lockdown, but they did not.

• Is that for a business location? A large building? If not, $2000 a month sounds too high. Perhaps you should have someone look through the building to find ways to reduce energy consumption.

The lockdown did not do this. The virus did. Data from Georgia shows that families and businesses were closing down on their own initiative before a lockdown was mandated. The number did not increase much after the mandate, and even though it has officially ended, few have opened up. The largest single business in Atlanta is the airport. It never closed, but business remains 90% down. Furthermore, in Sweden, Korea and many prefectures in Japan, there has been no lockdown, but business is way down.

"Is that for a business location? "..

Of course this is a business.. Who would think otherwise?

"Perhaps you should have someone look through.." Really? I can tell you are not experienced at running a business. I do these things every quarter when times are good... much less when they are bad. One ALWAYS reviews costs of operations in a business on a regular basis. A business person would know that.

"The lockdown did not do this. The virus did."

Complete BS. The lockdown is doing this to me / my business. Our county has a total for 60 cases. Zero deaths. The hospitals were shutting floors and clinics are closing due to lack of business because of the lock down orders.

I have people calling everyday to use our services... yet the lock down orders by Illinois Pritzker forbids it. Yes the governor who uses "data and science" allows Menards stores to have 500 people in them at one time, yet mom and pop stores that may have 3 or 4 in them must close! IT ABSOLUTELY IS THE ILLINOIS LOCK DOWN DOING THIS.

I can go buy recreational pot at the recreational dispensary, but I cannot buy donuts at the donut shop due to the specific LOCK DOWN orders.

And I could go on....., but yes indeed... it is the lock down that is doing this not the virus. Again, I have people calling every day but have to turn them down due to the specific lock down executive order by Governor Pritzker.

I noticed you did not answer my other question.... how do you pay your bills.

Like some, I suspect that you are basically not affected by lock downs to any great degree. Have 90% of your income stripped away for an unforeseeable time frame and lets see how long you stay on the wagon when the bill collector starts knocking!

I am not saying the virus is simply the flu or to be ignored... but it is clear that some have no real concept of what lock downs are doing in other ways.

Again, if you could not pay your day to day bills, were in danger of losing your home and life savings, you would start having different views as well.

But them, perhaps you think the government should simply pay all bills for everyone!

• You sound resentful toward the lockdown. Your anger is misdirected. You should be upset with the national and local governments instead. They are at fault. They should have controlled the epidemic using the Korean methods. Korea never needed a lockdown.

The lockdown should never have happened. It was a last ditch effort. It was only needed because nothing was done, and the situation got out of control. Unfortunately, the Federal and local governments in Georgia have still done nothing, so the situation will probably go out of control again. Anther lockdown will be needed. Hundreds of thousands of people will die for no reason. And people like you will lose huge sums of money and possibly go bankrupt. Not because of the lockdown, but because our national leaders are idiots who will not lift a finger to control the epidemic.

Yes, indeed I am resentful, about a lot of things!

Many things have not been handled well. Many things are still not being handled well.

I am extremely resentful to those who criticize "fools and stupid" leaders for pushing economic considerations.

I am resentful to those who blow off this pandemic as a conspiracy.

My anger is not mis-directed, it is wide spread directed!

It is also directed at to some who sit on their high horse and say "it was simple" follow the "Koreans". This is a juvenile and simplistic mind set.

Korea and the US are totally different situations. Physical size alone is a major hindrance, not to mention societal, legal and other practical implications.

And then calling people fools because of this only clearly shows that one does not understand the real world.

More people die every year of starvation than Covid19. Yet I do not hear you or others on the bully pulpit decrying this every month? It would be MUCH simpler to erase starvation that Covid. Yet is is not done! Perhaps the Koreans could do it!....... :rolleyes:

No, it is not that simple and neither is this pandemic. One size will not fit all, you can state it will, dream it will, but reality is that it will not! The majority of the world shows that it will not.

So to say my resentment is misdirected is ignorant of real world conditions. Again, if you lived in a mult-county area that had less than 100 cases per county with no deaths, strict lock down laws where removing YOUR day to day income so that YOU could not pay bills and were in danger of losing everything...

I am certain you would change your tune as well and a bit of resentment would show.

So how do you pay your bills?

• Another reminder that the cure (lock downs) will ultimately be much more deadly than the disease.

To put what I said another way:

Our leaders have left us two stark choices, bad and worse:

1. Do a lockdown, reduce the number of sick and dead, and wreck the economy for months. Bankrupt hundreds of thousands of people.

2. Do not do a lockdown, kill far more people, destroy more lives, and destroy the economy for years. Bankrupt millions.

Which do you prefer?

Those should not be the only two choices. The leaders should have done #3:

3. Learn from Korea, control the virus, avoid a lockdown and keep economic damage to a minimum.

But they did not do that, and they will not do it now, except in New York and some other states. The rest of us must either remain locked down, or risk death or lifelong disability.

• No, I agree. If any of these antibody shots were to work, it would be a huge deal. I put them above anything else in terms of something to hope for (besides a vaccine). Based on what I have read I think Regeneron has a good shot at it (which is why Regeneron has basically been the best performing stock in the stock market since this all started).

If they (or anyone else) can get a working antibody therapy it would make a lot of people feel a lot better, even if a vaccine is a ways off. It's the thing to watch for this summer.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.