Covid-19 News

• Darn Shane!

You are letting the cat out of the bag.... the big secret! Now everyone will soon know!

The communists did not invent Covid to be a weapon against the US! They invented it to purge the planet of what they consider undesirables!

Those who do not work efficiently for the good of the state! The fat and infirm.

Those who are a drain on the state's resources! The old and sick.

Those who do not meet up to the state's standards of metrics of genetic .......?

Let the conspiracy theory begin!

P.S. The " Illuminati" approved this plan as well! The liberal elite realize there are too many stupid rednecks. They do not want herd immunity.... they want to THIN the herd! It is all clear now! 8o

• i came across this video yesterday and have no way of knowing if it's making valid points... it's about a study done with 12 autopsies to discover the cause of death... before i post it anywhere else, i was hoping for some feedback on the acuracy of his conclusions... the link to the study is in the description on utube... thanks...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Nothing new in their results compared to the rest of the world. The young are relatively unscathed, and the older take the brunt. Women fare well as compared to men, and the obese suffer more. The black, and poor, or as they describe it " role of ethnicity", fare about as well as in the US.

Missing the point as usual. The young are not "relatively unscathed" whatever that means. Fewer have symptoms but there is no evidence they have more resistance to infection. Infection means they will spread the disease and they are even more dangerous to others if they are asymptomatic. Of course, some, many more than you think, will get a more severe form of the disease and may suffer misery with or without end organ damage. Death rate will be low with the exception of those who have severe pre-existing conditions. Young people with congenital heart disease, those post chemo or radiation for cancer, those with congenital "errors of metabolism" and everyone with diabetes whether type I or II will have an appreciable death rate, regardless of age. So will those with HIV, probably in any stage of treatment. It is amazing how facile you are in writing off serious permanent injury or death which do happen even in the young. And there is a step increase at around 45 years of age and again at 65 and over 75. But it affects all age groups. One of the few people I know personally who had test-proven COVID-19 is a 28 year old, not very smart, construction worker. He worked several days sick thinking he had a bad cold. The next day, he woke up in bad condition, hardly able to get out of bed. He did recover but may have both liver and kidney damage (he did drink heavily at times but how many people do that?)

Dream on Shane. But outside your dreaming, be careful please.

• To quote from that Lancet paper,

After adjustment for other factors, infection risk was higher among men than women (odds ratio [OR] 1·55 [95% CI 1·27–1·89]), in black people than white people (OR 4·75 [2·65–8·51]), and in people with obesity than normal-weight people (1·41 [1·04–1·91]). Infection risk was also higher in those living in more deprived or in urban versus rural locations. Surprisingly, household size did not significantly affect infection risk. Among chronic comorbidities examined, only those with chronic kidney disease had an increased risk of infection, whereas the risk in active smokers was around half that observed in never smokers.

Being a man, being black, being obese, and having chronic kidney disease are each correlated with ... greater vitamin D deficiency. (The kidney activates vitamin D.)

Just saying...

• Official Post

What do you think about this part: "surprisingly, household size did not affect infection risk"? They are obviously as surprised as the rest of us, that being in almost constant close proximity to infected family members, "did not affect infection rate".

How could that be? And what are the implications for IFR, herd immunity, and those dire predictions of unabated "exponential growth"? We have talked about this before, and Innate Immunity IMO can only explain a part of what we are seeing.

• https://www.thelocal.fr/202005…t-on-coronavirus-patients

Not good for Dr. Raoult, and HCQ. Two new studies -which they do not link to, one is French, and one from communist CHINA. Both conclude no benefit to patients. They do mention Trump, which will make many here happy.

As expected, they make sure that patients are so far advanced in the disease that they already have pneumonia and are O2 deprived. On top of this they make sure there is no azithromycin and no zinc. How does one spell 'agenda'.

• What do you think about this part: "surprisingly, household size did not affect infection risk"? They are obviously as surprised as the rest of us, that being in almost constant close proximity to infected family members, "did not affect infection rate".

How could that be? And what are the implications for IFR, herd immunity, and those dire predictions of unabated "exponential growth"? We have talked about this before, and Innate Immunity IMO can only explain a part of what we are seeing.

It's probably due to the likely fact that larger households are also younger households, and that skews the numbers. Given this, It would be also be an indication that younger people are not easily infected and are not good transmitters of the virus. Sweden kept its schools open for this reason.

• Official Post

https://www.staradvertiser.com…me-order-through-june-30/

Now this is just insane, and incompetence. The State of Hawaii has had a total of 637 infections, and 17 deaths, yet the Governor is extending the stay at home orders until June 30. I lived there 5 years, loved it so much, and the people are as peaceful as they come, but IMO this may be too much even for them to take. It is bad enough as it is, with the islands tourist based economy almost totally dependent on air transport.

Now, with the airlines nearly bankrupt, and parking over 50% of their fleets..in many cases permanently, furloughing up to half their workforce, it will be many years before Hawaii sees a return to normalcy. Such a shame.

• Julian,

Few of those are contagious, and all of them are relatively understood. We are still learning about this one

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

New Data on Adding Zinc to Hydroxychloroquine + Azithromycin

A new pre-print study from NYU Grossman School of Medicine shows that the addition of zinc to a hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin COVID-19 treatment regimen may result in a statistically significant reduction in mortality. Dr. Seheult discusses the interesting results and possible confounders of this retrospective observational study. (This video was recorded May 15th, 2020)

Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin + zinc study on medRxiv -

https://www.youtube.com/redire…f&event=video_description

• https://www.thelocal.fr/202005…t-on-coronavirus-patients

Not good for Dr. Raoult, and HCQ. Two new studies -which they do not link to, one is French, and one from communist CHINA. Both conclude no benefit to patients. They do mention Trump, which will make many here happy.

Shane, I don't mean to reprimand you but the Mahevas study was already out here. And that inspired the Harvard Meyerowitz meta-review where they used it to discredit HCQ. And now you are posting it again when it is accepted. So that one study has spawned weeks of recycled doubt. As you will see - there was a major flaw in the original study and so you are have dipped your hand in cesspool of intellectual stench.

Unless you want to be a part of the fake-news recycling - more attention is needed. We've come expect this from some of your board members who obviously want the sky to fall down, who play the party line without payment (why do that?) and who's ability to critique medical science has been by evidence shown to be poor.

Anyway, Meyerowitz, said "no benefit" was the conclusion from the Mehavas study (181 patients). I wrote:

Misleading. In this study 84 HCQ, 97 non-HCQ Mahevas et al say (although 8 of them did
    receive HCQ later on); Control group received drug!?
    caution is
    required in the interpretation of results, especially for overall mortality where only a
    limited number of events were observed (3/84 deaths HCQ; 4/97 deaths no HCQ)

I'm not the only one many have said if you put the control group on the medication the study doesn't work.

I have not received a response from Meyerowitz. He has already cashed the check probably, or taken it for future scratch-my-back favors.

• And there is a step increase at around 45 years of age and again at 65 and over 75. But it affects all age groups. One of the few people I know personally who had test-proven COVID-19 is a 28 year old, not very smart, construction worker. He worked several days sick thinking he had a bad cold. The next day, he woke up in bad condition, hardly able to get out of bed. He did recover but may have both liver and kidney damage (he did drink heavily at times but how many people do that?)

Could you force your fellows to run commercial TV adds telling people that everybody with symptoms should show up at a medical point and these have the obligation to give them a minimal seat of medication if the symptoms are clear ??

Such an action would be much more reasonable than telling people that younger careless people can get a severe infection too. To many people believe they are heroes and can handle any flue without going to a doctor. I personally know such a case... 96% of all infect hav no symptoms. Even among them some have lung damage, but at least the ones that have symptoms should be treated not at a too late stage where your hospital owner earns the 4x bonus for an ICU treatment.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.