Covid-19 News

• What about their process prevents patients with cancer who could have a positive test (but didn't die from Covid), or could die from complications "that look like Covid" (pneumonia) from being considered a statistic?

• Difficult to do that except for those in hospital. Equally, I've seen no evidence for HCQ as a prophylactic. The ecological studies (essentially Dr. R's argument) have so many confounding variables it is quite impossible to draw any conclusions from them. It might work as anti-viral within 48 hours of symptoms. But what is the evidence for this please? Timescale for that is quite tight since people need to be ECG tested.

The main problem today is that at least 99% of all doctors that work in the field have no time to write papers. The majority that follows the early treatment protocol sees strongly positive effects. Others that tried HCQ after 5-10 days of first symptoms barely see no change. But all this is done uncontrolled.

The paper you linked does not separate age groups and uses global data. E.g. 70 years in Russia is the same as 80 years in most of the west and may still young compared to Africa. Thus mixing data is bare nonsense. First requirement of any study is a homogenous test group. The more differences you introduce the lower its value. Medicaments can work for Europeans but not for Japanese etc...

I would only recommend HCQ (combo!) if you have no Ivermectin/Heparin for early treatment. But definitely it's the most cheap and may be also the most safe approach for early medication! (If you add zinc add some antibiotics fo course. )

• As I said, no evidnece.

I agree getting evidence is difficult. The more specific you try to be the more difficult it is to get significant results. The paper I linked was about as good as it gets without a large RCT.

If you had that, you would still have 10 different treatment regimes you wanted to try.

No evidence is what you would see from any number of inactive drugs. Why the blind faith in HCQ?

• https://www.newsmax.com/health…han/2020/05/20/id/968164/

Coronavirus Patients in New Chinese Cluster Have Different Symptoms

patients in the northeastern cities of Jilin City, Shulan, and Shengyang, suffer from mostly lung damage and not the heart, kidney, and stomach ailments the COVID-19 sufferers in Wuhan presented.

Chinese researchers from Zhejiang University revealed last month that the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes COVID-19 already had mutated genetically 30 times, making one vaccine less likely to be effective, said the study authors.

Transit services, schools and residential compounds have been locked down to try and contain the outbreak in the northeastern provinces that already has sickened over 68,000 people.

• What about their process prevents patients with cancer who could have a positive test (but didn't die from Covid), or could die from complications "that look like Covid" (pneumonia) from being considered a statistic?

What about it? No expectation that it is biassed HCQ/non-HCQ. Nor that it would happen much.

Complications (secondary infection pneumonia) are one of the main reasons for COVID deaths. Why would you want to exclude them from mortality statistics?

That is like saying that mortality from war should be restricted to death on the battlefield and not include subsequent secondary wound infections.

Nothing in medicine is perfect. it is the most approximate science there is. if you call it science. That is why it is relatively difficult to get evidence of treatment efficacy, and what often happens is treatment based on hope and bias. In the past, before modern medicine and RCTs, that happened all the time. Now only sometimes, as in fads for specific drugs in epidemics.

• Do you think Republicans are the only "rich" politicians, therefore corrupt and not to be trusted? Who do you think the richest politician in the US is? Not Trump

It is Governor JB Pritzker at about $3.5 Billion in net worth. A liberal democrat. Trump is listed at $2.1 billion by some estimates.

Bob - this criticism is not fair: you are misunderstanding me. I'm not criticising Republican presidents for this more than Democrat, and I agree it is everywhere in the US. Trump was an interesting case where a personal fortune allowed him to break into a system but he would not have won without being popular. That was clear, and it is still true, and it is deeply regrettable that so divisive (in every way) figure should be popular. It happens when people feel they have not been listened to for too long. My comment after about money was nothing to do with Trump, and related to the whole system.

As you can see, I strongly dislike Trump for the important reason that he is divisive, in the US, and also in the international community. I think strongly emotive divisions, where sides don't respect each other, make for worse decision-making at every level. In the US both the parties are guilty of this: Trump elected as a President makes it worse. Perhaps Sanders would have been equally divisive, he was also not my favourite candidate, we will never now know.

In addition, I strongly dislike Trump's personal character and style. That I try to ignore, since a personally deplorable politician can be publicly a good statesman. But Trump's character defects are clearly in evidence affecting his public policy and his running of the administration. That is a bad sign independently of whether I like or dislike his politics. But the fact that he treats women so deplorably in his language, and in the way that he responds badly to women who challenge him, while I hate it, does not directly make him a bad President, although it might cause problems in his making good relationships with female leaders such as Merkle. I'm trying to find aspects of his (to me) appalling character that do not affect his Presidency and only partly succeeding.

• There is a world of difference from having 200 patients with Covid who symptomatically have Covid and a positive test - and then separating them into 2 groups.

Pulling EMR data on 200 patients with a Covid code is not even in the same ballpark. It means that literally all 200 could not have died from Covid at all. Covid codes are being used on everyone suspected or with a positive test even if they don't die of it. The State Health Director of Illinois said that publicly.

Maybe someone can help you understand the difference. The study is methodologically flawed, you don't have to to discuss bias or intent even.

• Certainly off topic so I will not push this to any great extent,.

A line of credit is certainly different that spending out of control and printing money.

Many companies borrow money and are in "debt" but the amount they can borrow is closely tied to their income, showing that they can maintain payments.

Again, a far cry from 5 Trillion dollar spending possible in the next few months, making our total debt increase to well over 20 Trillion dollars!

Tell the Greeks to simply skip their debt, or print money, or keep spending... no problem? I do not think so.

I am not saying that you cannot borrow or "have debt responsibilities" but to say debt is inconsequential and does not matter how high that debt goes, is incorrect.

And by the way, " No major corporation has done that either. They always spend more than they take in. Any company that does not go into debt will soon go bankrupt. That is the iron law of commerce." I have NEVER read this "iron law of commerce" and I am in business....not some arm chair.

Here is a quick list of "over 1 billion dollar corporations" that have more cash than debt. I.E. the have NOT spent more than they take in as a practice.

1ABMDAbiomed6.498B27.05--
    2ALGNAlign Technology12.834B29.47--
    3CMGChipotle Mexican Grill15.328B44.59--
    4ANETArista Networks12.268B15.09--
    5EXPDExpeditors Intl of Wash9.836B17.091.001.53%
    6FBFacebook427.297B23.31--
    7FFIVF5 Networks5.855B14.73--
    8FTNTFortinet13.297B41.22--
    9GRMNGarmin13.571B14.262.243.15%
    10ISRGIntuitive Surgical48.071B35.92--
    11JKHYJack Henry & Associates11.554B41.171.61.11%
    12MKTXMarketAxess Holdings11.812B57.682.040.76%
    13SWKSSkyworks Solutions12.447B15.311.642.12%
    14TROWT. Rowe Price Group24.108B11.743.043.35%
    15TTWOTake-Two Interactive12.523B37.33

https://www.retirebeforedad.co…ompanies#debt-free5-table

• More on the politically motivated demonization of HCQ ---

Coronavirus: Politicized "Medicine"

Soon, Lou, it won't matter. You can't politicize well performed, accurate, large, properly designed and peer reviewed, published medical studies. Those should be available soon (weeks or months). Most doctors do not jeopardize the care of their patients on the basis of politics. When were you ever asked your affiliation while visiting your care provider?

• This is not the case here AFAIK. This is government debt to the bank of england at bottom. They can stiff themselves if they like. A lot of it is contango btw- negative interest rates.

I'm no economist but I read that the long term result of the debts and low interest rate could be runaway inflation with all the pain and destruction of assets that this entails.

• Certainly off topic so I will not push this to any great extent,.

A line of credit is certainly different that spending out of control and printing money.

That depends on whose line of credit it is. Many failed silicon valley companies had gigantic lines of credit which they squandered by spending out of control. Such as Juicero:

https://www.theguardian.com/te…icon-valley-shutting-down

Some companies are wise, and others are foolish. IBM spent money wisely on the IBM 360 in the 1960s, but in the 1980s it almost put itself out of business by spending out of control, and spending on the wrong things.

Companies cannot print print money, but they have other ways of conjuring it up.

• THHuxleynew Now you are being ridiculous saying there is no evidence. This is not some didactic intellectual discussion in the way you have been sceptical about cold fusion dissecting every little detail of calorimetry. The evidence is biochemical and clearly established. Clinicians are always terrible at doing rigorous RCT studies and usually end up in a mess. Remember medicine is an art, furthermore they are not trained in science, the title Dr is only honorary, MD. Mentally Deficient? (Joking). Or even to think in a logical way, especially when under stress of dealing with hosts of suffering patients. Don't get me wrong they are trying their best, but they need supervision by say someone like yourself to obtain the hard clinical evidence. No doubt it will arrive eventually, controlled, double blind, RCT. Meanwhile lets try and save lives by using these drugs in Anti Bat which have the highest probability of success. Also hypotheses can only be disproven and until the theory that HCQ, ivermectin etc are effective has been disproved at the scientific, objective biochemical level they should all be clinically used as our best hope yet along with vaccination, of ending this pandemic.:)

• We got the result from a randomized seriological study of antibodies => IFR = 0.4, this reduces the fraction immune in sweden

so much that we today have 20% immunity in Stockholm and perhaps slightly above 10% in the country. The researchers are scratching their

head because the reproduction numbers are trending down with more and more careless individuals. So the spread is as we have a much

higher immunity then the study indicates. Let me correct though with the note. 25% of pop is between 0-20 assume all is not transmitting the descease. Then the effective immunity is 45% in Stockholm and 35% in the country.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.