Covid-19 News

• https://www.thelancet.com/jour…-6736(20)31180-6/fulltext

This pretty well ends the bullsh*t about hydroxychloroquine with or without a macrolide antibiotic like azithromycin being effective. 96,000 patients reviewed. Across several levels of severity. vs non-treated controls. Results suggest the drugs may make things worse and have no overall benefit.

I suggest you go back to the ICU and just go on to treat you patients. If the "thelancet" goes to underground level communication, then the whole medical information system is just now going down the titanic way.

Already on the first page you can see that the assumptions are simply said nuts. Mention of chloroquine, only hospital patient and no zinc and no add-on of other effective medication...

If they include all this rubbish data then of course you can, in average, even find worse outcomes. Most patient that took the mixture of course never did see the hospital. Thus they excluded all successful ones!!

Navid, perhaps you could make your point a bit more clearly and explicitly? preferably identifying any embedded COVID conspiracy theories that are necessary for your argument to work.

Why did Novartis had to ship about 30'000'000 dose of HCQ to the US just for one trial with 1000 people!!! (May be you ask the US army..)

• Would you take $100 for it? Why so expensive?

Ha. I never got the hydroxychloroquine from India. Early in March, I did get chloroquine. I used three different India sources about $600 went that way because I wanted enough to treat 10-20 people and I was unsure if any would get through. It all left India as per India Post tracking but did not get the US postal service. I have to check that again to see if anything has changed but I did not receive the goods. Finally, I purchased an urgent supply from a local pharmacy. They did not allow self-prescription so I used a service so I wouldn't have to explain all of it to a colleague or my own doctor. And then I also got HCQ from Canadapharmacy when they still had it. I ended up with enough for at least 12 people (I don't recall how much we actually have) but I am now loath to use it. However it works out, I would spend that money again. Now, I am considering purchasing Ivermectin if I can find it. Common antibiotics, I have aplenty from my usual medical supply house. But they are backordered on Ivermectin.

• I am now loath to use it

Don't throw it out before the expiry date.

Not on the say so of the Lancet report

and not on the say so of the media blast that will follow

"In the absence of reported randomised trials.".. they offer crap metanalysis..

"" Randomised clinical trials will be required before any conclusion can be reached regarding benefit or harm of these agents in COVID-19 patients.

i'd wait and see the RCT data from the rest of the world... eg Costa Rica Senegal Taiwan..

• Errr ya...do you live in a cabin in the forest? A cave with NBC projected on the walls?

An 5-time Emmy winning journalist doesn't agree with you. This one is for Shane.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• And masks do work, and this is about surgical masks, not the N95 variety which is even better.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0843-2

"We identified seasonal human coronaviruses, influenza viruses and rhinoviruses in exhaled breath and coughs of children and adults with acute respiratory illness. Surgical face masks significantly reduced detection of influenza virus RNA in respiratory droplets and coronavirus RNA in aerosols, with a trend toward reduced detection of coronavirus RNA in respiratory droplets. Our results indicate that surgical face masks could prevent transmission of human coronaviruses and influenza viruses from symptomatic individuals."

The link is the full text and see also the reference list for similar studies.

• They short cuted animal tests, is that good or bad?

Good if it works. Bad if it fails. Like launching a daring attack in war.

Bad if you catch bad side effects in the animal tests and only risk the human guinnapigs.

I don't like the rush, we are developing in ways that we have not done before,

Nobody likes the rush. But the situation is dire. Worldwide, 5,000 people a day are dying, and economies everywhere are plunging into depressions. We must take shortcuts and do all that we can to stop the pandemic. A few brave people are volunteering to be vaccinated now, to see if the vaccine is safe. Normally, researchers would test it with animals first, and perhaps they did, but to save time they are doing it with people as well. If one of the test subjects dies, it will be tragic, but it will be a necessary sacrifice for the good of humanity.

I would volunteer in a heartbeat.

• Wouldn't it be better to be cool and implement case tracking Japan Style?

• Sweden seam to glean on Japan's success with case tracking and indicate that we will be using that method after the outbreak. Maybe 10% is immune atm so I think it's a wise strategy and hope that the indications realizes in full adoption of the method. Strangely It looks like we have some effect of immunity in the country which is strange, the temperature have been constant, people have been more and more relaxed still the R0 declines as if an effect of immunity. SO some effect is there. My interpretatin is that Kids does not spread much although does not have antibodies and that this effect means that we get an effect of the immunity although the low antibody rates. Anyway this will play nicely with case tracking I believe which means that we do not need to be hot on the porridge when it comes to vaccines.

• They short cuted animal tests, is that good or bad? Bad if you catch bad side effects in the animal tests and only risk the human guinnapigs.

I don't like the rush, we are developing in ways that we have not done before, but my friend Murphy tells my not to worry. He did have an evil smile saying it though.

Yeah, developing a vaccine this fast is a bit crazy, probably even reckless on a certain level. It’s never been done this way before. I saw a Doctor talk about what the medical community knew about HIV in the early 80’s and he said for 2 years they didn’t even know what it was, they couldn’t isolate the virus, let alone develop a test for it. They still don’t have a vaccine for it.

All of the hype now is around mRNA vaccines. In 2018 Moderna came out and basically said they have a technology that will change medicine forever (sounds a little like LENR). Of course others are working on mRNA too. But Moderna says they have the underlying tech to develop it. We will see if they are right.

• On conclusion from the swedish seriological study the found that around 5% of people in age 0-20 had antibodies. In sweden if children transmitted covid then basically all children should be infected by now. Also there is not one known case in sweden where children transmitt to their teatchers. All points to children does not take part in the spreading of covid. but now to the trick question. When does this effect stop? I think that there is a fraction in each age group that has this strange kind of immunity if you look at it spreading wise. We have no clue how this looks like is it still a significant fraction at the age of 30?

• Children infected with Sars-CoV-2 which causes COVID-19, have demonstrable virus in their pharynx and also in their feces. There is no theoretical reason they could not infect adults who come in contact with their stool (as on diapers or even invisible amounts on clothing or hands) or their oral or nasal secretions. Whether they actually do or not, I think this is still under study and do not have time to check. If your child has the virus though, I'd be cautious. Here is the article about upper respiratory and stool testing in children with the coronavirus.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41575-020-0295-7

• https://www.newsmax.com/us/ive…rus/2020/05/22/id/968688/

Breakthrough Drug: Ivermectin Shows 'Astounding' Results Against Coronavirus

some 250 coronavirus patients were involved in the Broward trial. The results were dramatic, with “statistically significant improvement in mortality,” according to the source.

The blood oxygen level of the first patient treated in early April was 70%, and dropped to just 50% within hours. After receiving the invermectin, the patient stabilized within 24 hours and was discharged from the hospital in one week.

In a separate trial on the other side of the globe, a team of doctors in Bangladesh reported Friday that they administered a combination of ivermectin and doxycycline, a common antibiotic, to 60 coronavirus patients there.

That team reported that within 72 hours after receiving the drug, their patients tested negative for the virus, and by the fourth day, they had recovered

https://www.sciencedirect.com/…cle/pii/S0166354220302011

The FDA-approved drug ivermectin inhibits the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in vitro

A single treatment able to effect ~5000-fold reduction in virus at 48 h in cell culture.

https://zeenews.india.com/indi…rus-patients-2285317.html

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.