Covid-19 News

• “It is nonsense, unintelligible, and not even remotely scientific,” he said, adding that the authors, one of whom is a British academic, “do not appear to understand the most basic concepts of evolutionary biology.”

One conspiracy theory about the virus is that it was engineered. Viral geneticists say that’s just not true.

As a spin doctor as you are, you must say this is a conspiracy. Unluckily for you some folks here do have more deep connections to very knowledgeable people in research labs. Theses people do not support your conspiracy spin. It is highly unlikely that this virus did evolve naturally - lets say once in a universe time...

Unlike you these people are not allowed to openly talk for obvious reasons. Nobody wants to endangers his research and industrial connections...

Lets wait for the Chinese as these certainly do push hundreds of researchers to reintroduce the virus into a pangolin or bat. I expect a somewhat better fit as you did post after about 6 months earliest.

My advise: Stop this nonsensical (paid? or lent identity? ) spin work as you definitely are not an expert in this field.

You should only restart to post here if you can give us the exact reproduction path (all mutation steps!) from your beloved fantasy virus to CoV-19! And also do not forget that the intermediate steps must work (be infectious & replicate!) in the proposed intermediate host!

• You should only restart to post here if you can give us the exact reproduction path (all mutation steps!) from your beloved fantasy virus to CoV-19! And also do not forget that the intermediate steps must work (be infectious & replicate!) in the proposed intermediate host!

Wyttenbach - agreed I am not an expert here. Neither are you. And I have at least been reading and understanding what the experts posted here say...

And what they say about "the proposed fantasy virus" (actual RmYN02) is not that it is itself an evolutionary ancestor of sars-cov2 so you have obviously not read what they say!

Your comment reminds me of the creationists who claimed (some time ago) that the eye could not have evolved without a divine creator because no-one had found evolutionarily viable intermediate steps. In fact, now, we have worked out how eyes have evolved independently more than 50  times in animals.

• Your comment reminds me of the creationists who claimed (some time ago) that the eye could not have evolved without a divine creator because no-one had found evolutionarily viable intermediate steps.

One more nonsensical allegation: Eyes have been independently developed by countless species and most species in between vanished a long time ago. But we can all relate them thanks to genetics. We can replay the evolution and if the game is not possible, as with your fantasy virus, then NOPE!

• One more nonsensical allegation: Eyes have been independently developed by countless species and most species in between vanished a long time ago. But we can all relate them thanks to genetics. We can replay the evolution and if the game is not possible, as with your fantasy virus, then NOPE!

W - I've highlighted your misunderstanding here in my last post - but if you read my link you would realise... You are the only person who thinks anyone is claiming RmYNO2 is an ancestor of sars-cov2. Its significance is quite different from that.

• As potholer above explained in my post. The corona virus carrier has mutations that would not show up in a human created virus. These mutaions have no meaning at all for the function of the virus so why did the constructor cared to change those sites. No obviously the scientists are correct. no way it is human created.

Det är synd om människorna

• As potholer above explained in my post. The corona virus carrier has mutations that would not show up in a human created virus. These mutaions have no meaning at all for the function of the virus so why did the constructor cared to change those sites. No obviously the scientists are correct. no way it is human created.

Det är synd om människorna

Stefan, potholed is no virologist or geneticist. He's a journalist, and a condescending one at that.

Of course spontaneous mutations can occur in a virus in a lab. Many Experiments are designed, over many generations in cell cultures or animals - aided by mutagens like UV and chemicals - that count on this very thing.

• As potholer above explained in my post. The corona virus carrier has mutations that would not show up in a human created virus.

Are you aware that the Swiss Army research center about 2 months ago already did fully synthesize the CoV-19 virus and thus you can insert any base you like.

They sent the instruction plan for the virus to all labs with same equipment. The ability to use synthetic virus is important for creating a vaccine!!

Technology is far more advanced than yous seem to know!

• Stefan, potholed is no virologist or geneticist. He's a journalist, and a condescending one at that.

Of course spontaneous mutations can occur in a virus in a lab. Many Experiments are designed, over many generations in cell cultures or animals - aided by mutagens like UV and chemicals - that count on this very thing.

Potholer is open minded, You may challenge him or others there in the comments and you can find good discussions sometimes

between all the low life posts in that channel.

Here something you can find there that is recent,

comment

• For Alain?

The French response to #Lancetgate... animated

https://www.bfmtv.com/mediapla…roquine-0506-1253180.html

Violaine Guérin * has no hair like Didiet and cannot be painted as controversial.... nonestablishment etc

Her group has pubished (preprint) a report with very positive evidence for HCQ efficacy with Covid-19

"The challenge regarding COVID-19 is to prevent complications and fatal evolution. Azithromycin (AZM) and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) have proven their antiviral effect in vitro.

We aimed to assess the efficacy and safety of AZM alone or combined to HCQ, prescribed, at an early stage, in patients with Covid-19, in a primary care setting.

Eighty-eight patients received either no or a symptomatic treatment (NST) (n=34) or AZM alone (n=34) or AZM+HCQ (n=20). The efficacy end point was the time to clinical recovery and the safety end point was the occurrence of cardiovascular events. The mean (SD) times to achieve clinical recovery were respectively 25.8 days (11.1), 12.9 days (13.4) and 9.2 days (9.3), showing a statistically significant difference between NST and AZM alone (p<0.0001)

or AZM+HCQ (p<0.0001).

To improve the evidence level, a case-control analysis was performed on a sample of 57 patients (19/group) matched for age, sex and BMI.

The statistical difference between NST and AZM was confirmed (p=0.0149) as well as the difference with AZM+HCQ (p=0.0002).

No cardiac toxicity was recorded in any patient.

No statistical difference was shown between AZM and AZM+HCQ groups, although the dual therapy tended to be more effective in patients over 50 years,

based on an analysis using the cox model. In conclusion,

AZM and AZM+HCQ favourably impacted the course of the disease.

We need trials, ideally prospective/double blind, to show if a statistical difference can be evidenced with a broader group, and clarify the indications of each treatment depending on initial clinical presentation.

https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/202005.0486/v1/download

• Stefan, potholed is no virologist or geneticist. He's a journalist, and a condescending one at that.

Potholer is open minded, You may challenge him or others there in the comments and you can find good discussions sometimes

between all the low life posts in that channel.

But over to the mutations, if you calculate the speed with mutations appear in lab and outside in it's habitat you will probably realize that it is very unlikely that that many mutations appear in

the lab that is found in the corona virus carrier,

This from analyzing this coment on potholers site:

"

Professor Stick has done an excellent video PROVING that it is IMPOSSIBLE for this coronavirus to have been created deliberately by humans, by counting the speed at which mutations can be created.

"

So from this in order to convince me you need to produce the numbers to prove your point,

• The plan seems to be 'take all the right actions, but in the wrong order' .And then blame it on the scientists.

That is a variation on what Churchill described as the U.S. method: "Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing … after they have exhausted all other possibilities."

I suspect he had in mind U.S. Navy anti-submarine tactics in 1942 in the battle of the Atlantic, which killed thousands sailors and almost lost the war, because the U.S. would not listen to the Royal Navy. It sounds familiar, doesn't it? Not listening, and not learning from the experiences of other countries.

• Interesting to see a real uptick in cases here in the U.S. today. Over 28k new cases and the day isn't over yet. Is this due to increased testing? Perhaps. But I have always wondered if we were going to hit that 1.2-1.3 multiplier again.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Hmm yes the case numbers are difficult to use these days as testing increases. For sweden I usuallg go to the number of people in the hospitals as a reasonable figure of what happens with the corona spread.

• Interesting to see a real uptick in cases here in the U.S. today. Over 28k new cases and the day isn't over yet. Is this due to increased testing? Perhaps. But I have always wondered if we were going to hit that 1.2-1.3 multiplier again.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

On the other hand, is it 6-7 days of protests now. The question is if they are so many so that they make a dent in the statistics.

• But over to the mutations, if you calculate the speed with mutations appear in lab and outside in it's habitat you will probably realize that it is very unlikely that that many mutations appear in

the lab that is found in the corona virus carrier,

Mutations do not happen in the lab today. You synthesize the virus and add parts from other virus and afterward check whether it works. E.g. some short chains of an aids virus have been added to CoV-19 and other stuff that make it impossible to happen in nature.

As I said: Once in a universe live time chance this virus (CoV-19) is from an unknown animal.

• In Sweden there was some Black LIfe Matter (Also) demonstrations, that was too crowded for the permits. We had also a nice police officer that did the, by know, classic kneel and managed to tune down the crowd and it ended in hugs and tears. That was beautiful as I see these gestures as an acknowledgement for equality of life, and the basic rules that life matters which should not be a controversial statement for a police (unfourtunately it is). But the next days everything was about the demonstrators risk the health care and big debate about the police officer (we do also have people believing in treating people like dogs e.g. dominate them). So I did the analysis. 50 deaths a day means 10000 people per day (with an ifr of 0.4%), where infected about three weeks ago, the trend is slow so I assume pretty much the same today. Anyhow that means that there was 10 infected in large crowd of young people, which we know transmitt less than adaults. But say that the number of infected afterwards was in the order of 100, then this is 1% of 10000 e.g. all infected today so this imply an increase on health care of about 1% due to the demonstration. Now at the same time 100 000 of people in Sweden does not obey the normal rules (thats 1% of the pop so the figures are more) anyway they infect less people but should be of the same severity due to be so many compared to 10 000. We have a saying in Sweden "to sieve mosqitos and swallow camels". As it turned out this was a too controversial statement and against media so it did not landed well amongs my friends, oh well again we come to the end fraze. Det är synd om människan.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.