Covid-19 News

• I would and never will blame anybody for ordering a lock-down only for doing different things to late. I posted here that the US should stop all air traffic and close down the interstates for private people more than 4 week before it happened under pressure.

When you say "it happened" you mean the lock-down. Air traffic and interstates were not closed down. Air traffic fell by 95% in Atlanta, and it is still down, but it was never closed. There was no need to close it down. People stopped travelling on their own. There was certainly never any need to close the interstates.

There was never a large-scale lockdown in Korea, Japan or New Zealand. They acted quickly and avoided the need for that, except in Sapporo. There was a "soft" voluntary lockdown in Tokyo. It did not last long. It accomplished the goal, which was to lower the number of cases and allow better methods based on case tracking to start working again.

I do not know why Hokkaido and Sapporo was an epicenter. Perhaps it is because it was still cold there, and much of downtown Sapporo is accessed by underground tunnels and shopping malls. You can walk for miles underground. The hallways are crowded. There is a lot of snow there. I have heard that some Canadian cities have similar underground walkways.

As I have said before, a lockdown is a last-ditch effort. It is what you do when all else has failed. It should not be necessary. If U.S. officials and the administration had followed the W.H.O. advice in February, we would not have needed a lockdown, and 120,000 people would not have died. A few thousand would have died. The economy would not have crashed, and millions would not be unemployed. The W.H.O. experts coming back from China clearly described the methods being used there to stop the epidemic. Tracking, warning, quarantine, and -- when all else failed -- a lockdown in Wuhan, but none elsewhere. Korea and Vietnam immediately implemented these steps. Japan dithered and made some mistakes, but soon followed. After an initial burst of cases in Korea, the situation came under control and it has stayed under control.

Osterholm and some others keep insisting that Japan, Korea, China, New Zealand are bound to have a second wave of infections. They keep saying this, despite the evidence. This is irresponsible. It will frighten people and it may prevent the implementation of effective steps to stop the epidemic. See:

https://www.bluezones.com/2020…o-predicted-the-pandemic/

"We can expect COVID-19 to infect 60% – 70% of Americans. That’s around 200 million Americans."

No, we should not expect that. Osterholm has been proved wrong again and again by the epidemiologists in these other countries. At this point, I begin to think his assertions are sour grapes. He does not wish to admit he was wrong. He said: "But I can say with certainty, what I call the laws of virus physics, is that this is going to continue to transmit until we see a large part of the population infected."

In Georgia, the government is not doing anything to reduce the epidemic beyond desultory attempts at case tracking. Projections now show 10,142 deaths by October 1, 2020, and a steady rise in deaths after that. I suppose another 10,000 or 20,000 people will die in Georgia before a vaccine is deployed, and another 300,000 people will die in the U.S. (201,000 by October 1.) In other countries, a few hundred people will die. We are sacrificing hundreds of thousands of people and trillions of dollars on the Altar of Stupidity. Our only goal, it seems, is to deny that science works, even if that means we kill thousands of people and destroy the economy.

https://covid19.healthdata.org…states-of-america/georgia

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

• Todays Dexamethasone news is very good. Seems way better than Remdesvir, which just seems like a big pharma ploy to me.

I also believe Leronlimab works probably better. I am not sure if that was talked about here before. I can't wait for those results.

(full disclosure, I did invest in Cytodyn, the company behind Leronlimab, but not just for the COVID angle)

I guess I will throw out my Chloroquine Phosphate? Is there any concensus here on that if one takes it upon first becoming infected?

The important thing is a treatment being available for covid induced ARDS. I don't think a vaccine will be a short term solution.

I also think there is a genetic factor for those most susceptible.

My company is working on studies of that genetic angle (Bionano Genomics).

• Yeah, no doubt if I or anyone I knew were in bad shape with Covid I would be asking for Dexamethasone. I always wondered how much steroids were being looked at. Glad they did.

This is the biggest drug news since the virus hit. I wonder how it would do in conjunction with Remdesivir.

• Todays Dexamethasone news is very good.

What I heard since quite some time is that people on steroids were told (by their doctors) to go on as it will be positive in case of an infection. 1 out of 8 lives saved (by Dexamethasone) is still better than none, but Ivermectin has shown to be much better more close to 50% success even if applied late! But Ivermectin is on the big pharma to banned list as it generally improves human health and heals many profitable illnesses (latest rosacea > 50% success) .

Key is: Go to a doctor as soon as possible. Do not believe that you have a flu if you have at least two of the known CoV-19 symptoms.

I would not stop HCQ if given the first 36 hours as the consensus today is to stop/delay early replication of the virus.

Just by luck today: An other virus found as origin of depressions : http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/13459674 Big pharma wont like it.

• The truth is that you have given us nothing but unsubstantiated lies, slurs, and conspiracies e.g. many people are bought and paid for. I reckon usually when people argue like that it is because they attribute to their targets the same human venal principles they have. (I don't by this men to attack your integrity - but suspect many of the eccentric online sources you seem to believe).

• politicians - want to win power. Some (most in the UK, but not alas our beloved PM) genuinely want to do good as primary motivation, and want power mainly for that reason - though the ones who are good at it must also like power. The way politics works in 2 party countries a lot of politicians (again, not our PM) are motivated by tribal loyalty to their party, which is all mixed up with an idealistic and inevitably prejudiced view that it will be better for the country than "the other side".
    • scientists however are genuinely motivated by inquiry, they tend to want to get to the truth and say it as it is. They don't all do this, and they make as many mistakes as anyone else. But they are much more likely to be on the side of the truth than others.

I've never seen a more disgraceful and depraved response. Why- because you are the one who claims hurt feelings and you don't read or review anything and just put "lies, slurs, and conspiracy" stickers on the "produce" without even trying it.

I work in data. The conclusions that come from that data are short-puts. The latest was the French Health Minister. Perhaps you are an old guy, in which case you are more concerned with psychological stability and I suggest none of what is happening is for you - better to read fiction from yesteryear.

Otherwise, only a true professional could spend so much time stirring the pot -- as seen by this latest response. Again, the administrators are going to get a THH and friends forum soon.

Science is not something you'd do to make lots of money or get famous, so you can see why it needs other motivations.

The people who are at the top of Pharma indeed have a multibillions - and trillions in the long term. The top can fund many other scientists, indeed that is why scientists will take money from people with Epstein. The mechanism of getting results you want is cash control + blackmail control.

• Official Post

https://thefederalist.com/2020…jected-by-most-americans/

Not sure the author opposed contact tracing before writing his article, or decided he is against it after researching. No matter; while some states are putting on a good show rolling out their programs, scratch the surface and it is obvious they are poorly implemented. If that were not enough, people generally support it until learning of the part where they will be tracked via phone app.

When fully committed to by a government, with the full cooperation of its citizens, contact tracing can be very effective. Half-hearted programs full of inconsistencies, and tepid support from citizens, makes it a waste of time IMO.

• No matter; while some states are putting on a good show rolling out their programs, scratch the surface and it is obvious they are poorly implemented.

Which states do you mean? Georgia is not putting on a good show, and you don't have to scratch the surface to see it is ineffectual. There are only 250 case tracking people involved. Given the number of cases, we need thousands of people.

If that were not enough, people generally support it until learning of the part where they will be tracked via phone app.

I have not heard that any U.S. state will use a phone app. Which state do you mean? Phone apps are in use in China and Korea. There is voluntary one in Japan but reportedly it is not being widely used. (There is no need for it by now, with only ~40 cases a day. You are very unlikely to encounter a sick person.)

• The author singled out New York, and Oregon.

New York is doing a great job. They are below Georgia and falling fast, with twice the population:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/new-york/

There is no history data for Oregon, but they have few cases and only 182 deaths total. Way better than Georgia with 40% of the population.

I have. The article refers to a poll asking if they would use the app

Those are private apps. Not issued by any state, or mandated by any.

• The latest Peak Prosperity video discredits FDA's HCQ-blocking mandate as well as the extremely strange (UK government funded) "RECOVERY trial" which seems to have confused hydroxyquinoline for HCQ, and consequently administered excessively high doses on apparently late stage patients. Sloppy science.

(Interesting how quickly and uncritically the establishment "news" pounced on the RECOVERY "study" -- exposing a very obvious hidden agenda.)

Peak Prosperity video - Outrage! Why The US Gov't Lied To Us About Masks

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"Cheap, potentially effective medications are being overlooked, while the latest pharma efforts are given every chance to show a benefit" (especially expensive meds)

And, another analysis of the RECOVERY trial --

"WHO "Solidarity" and UK "Recovery" clinical trials of Hydroxychloroquine

using potentially fatal doses, according to WHO consultant"

https://docs.google.com/viewer…0FKATAuMQEBdjI&authuser=0

• "While more than 100,000 American deaths have been attributed to COVID-19, 150 million doses of hydroxychloroquine, donated by manufacturers, are deteriorating in government warehouses. There is an aggressive campaign to portray HCQ at first as “unproven” and now as also “unsafe.” Following the lead of the Food and Drug Administration’s Emergency Use Authorization (EUA), which prohibits use of HCQ being stored in the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) outside of hospitals, most states have placed unprecedented restrictions on physicians’ ability to prescribe HCQ “off-label” for COVID-19"

http://tinyurl.com/y7oc65gn

https://aapsonline.org/aaps-news-june-2020-aaps-sues-fda/

• And, another analysis of the RECOVERY trial --

From Meryl Nass MD.."..is an internal medicine physician and activist with expertise in anthrax and bioterrorism; her interest is in prevention, investigation, amelioration, and safe and effective medical response.

https://ahrp.org/trzboard/meryl/

Three other Covid -relevant reports Meryl has authored or co-authored

1. What is Gain-of-Function Research & Who is at High Risk? ( as in the Wuhan lab)

https://ahrp.org/what-is-gain-…arch-who-is-at-high-risk/

2. Is COVID-19 the Result of a US Government- Funded Experiment in China?

https://ahrp.org/is-covid-19-t…rnment-funded-experiment/

3 Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ). Corrupt, coordinated assault managed by WHO on an inexpensive and effective treatment 

https://anthraxvaccine.blogspo…-keeping-you-updated.html

Dr Meryl Nass appears to be higher up the ethical ladder than Dr Fauci

"Wuhan Institute of Virology was involved in dangerous gain-of-function research with funding from Dr. Fauci:

One contract for $3.7 million ran from 2014 to 2019 and another $3.7 million contract ran from 2019

until it was cancelled on April 24, 2020 in response to public outcry" 2nd report.

• 2. Is COVID-19 the Result of a US Government- Funded Experiment in China?

https://ahrp.org/is-covid-19-t…rnment-funded-experiment/

Citations:

We know that the Wuhan Institute of Virology was engaged in dangerous gain-of-function research involving coronaviruses from bats. The U.S. Embassy in Beijing expressed grave conce

rns about the safety practices at the Wuhan BSL-4 lab.

In spite of these concerns, the NIH continued to fund this research. This creates a potential political problem for NIH Director Francis Collins and NIAID Director Anthony Fauci who provided GoF grants to the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

Wuhan Institute of Virology was using CRISPR-Cas9 technology:

CRISPR-Cas9 is another technology used for gain-of-function research and it is used by the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

Several troubling studies out of Wuhan:

In 2007 the Wuhan Institute of Virology published a study in the Journal of Virology in which they combined a SARS-like virus from bats with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and created a chimera virus capable of infecting human cells.

According to reporting from The Washington Post:

In January 2018, the U.S. Embassy in Beijing took the unusual step of repeatedly sending U.S. science diplomats to the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV)… What the U.S. officials learned during their visits concerned them so much that they dispatched two diplomatic cables [that]… warned about safety and management weaknesses at the WIV lab.”

In addition, one of the cables obtained by the Washington Post, “warns that the lab’s work on bat coronaviruses and their potential human transmission represented a risk of a new SARS-like pandemic.”

• The people who are at the top of Pharma indeed have a multibillions - and trillions in the long term. The top can fund many other scientists, indeed that is why scientists will take money from people with Epstein. The mechanism of getting results you want is cash control + blackmail control.

From Toffolis link:

Meanwhile how much money are medical centers are getting paid to do Remdesivir (Gilead payed !!) study? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilead_Sciences

NIH grants: Columbia University $32,615,935; Vanderbilt- $4,235,454; UNC-Chapel Hill- $3,788,580; Univ. of Alabama-$34,907,030.

• https://thefederalist.com/2020…jected-by-most-americans/

Not sure the author opposed contact tracing before writing his article, or decided he is against it after researching. No matter; while some states are putting on a good show rolling out their programs, scratch the surface and it is obvious they are poorly implemented. If that were not enough, people generally support it until learning of the part where they will be tracked via phone app.

When fully committed to by a government, with the full cooperation of its citizens, contact tracing can be very effective. Half-hearted programs full of inconsistencies, and tepid support from citizens, makes it a waste of time IMO.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• New York is doing a great job. They are below Georgia and falling fast, with twice the population:

I would not be too quick to attribute everything to track and trace for such as New York compared to Georgia.

New York Population ~ 19.3 million total reported infections ~384,000 or ~2%

Georgia Population ~ 10.5 million total reported infections ~ 59,0000 or ~.6%

Daily New Cases last 10 days : HIgh Low 10 day Ave,

New York 916 296 726

Georgia 851 218 783

Now while New Yorks population is about twice Georgia's, New York has went through a HUGE infection spree. 384K versus 59K.

Unreported infections are surely much higher in New York, thus the number of people with some immunity will also be much higher.

Granted, it is early on in New York's tracing program, however again, I would not sing it's praises too quickly.. there is not enough firm data yet.

New York started its infection rate much earlier and has peaked, Georgia has not. One would need to compare numbers at similar time frames to

make strong statements. If you look at all the eastern seaboard states, it appears that most all had infections early on, have peaked and their daily numbers

are falling...... even though most are NOT tracking and tracing.

It would be like me stating New York was completely crap and Georgia was doing everything perfect a month ago when New York was imploding with super high infections, killing senior citizens by sending positive Covid patients to nursing homes while Georgia was relatively unaffected. That would not be a completely accurate statement. (Although killing senior citizens by sending covid patients to nursing homes is certainly accurate! :( )

Comparing New York to Georgia at present and then attributing Track and Trace as being the major reason is not factual in my opinion. It appears to be more "past the peak related". (And it seems a bit more political spin based to me.)

I am not saying that trace and track cannot work or that it is not effective. I am saying that comparing Korea, China or Japan to the US is completely baseless. China locked citizens down with armed patrols. Korea is the size of a large state, without huge Home Depot stores nor the huge tourism locations. Much of their population is very "low travel" and confined. I would assume Japan is similar.

The effort to put in track and trace in the US is not a frivolous and possibly impossible project.

To say New York is doing a great job is way too early. It is wishful thinking. Hopefully that wish will turn out to be reality, but it is too early at present.

• It only began to abate after they started the tracking and warning project, directed by Bloomberg. That was before the lockdown (mostly) ended. The lockdown helped, but it would not have prevented a second wave, and it would not have reduced the numbers as much as you see here:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/new-york/

The fact that the HUGE infection was reduced to levels below Georgia is remarkable, and it is proof that the tracking project is working. Of course, other factors are helping as well, such as wearing masks and continued caution and social distancing.

Experts in Japan are confident that testing, tracking and warning played a vital role in controlling the epidemic. Testing alone does not help. You cannot track without testing. And there is no point to tracking if you do not warn people they may have been exposed. All three must be done for this strategy to work.

I am not saying that trace and track cannot work or that it is not effective. I am saying that comparing Korea, China or Japan to the US is completely baseless.

No, it isn't. I have been comparing these countries to the U.S. and Europe for 50 years. They are similar in many ways. Human nature is the same everywhere, although it tends to manifest with different emphasis in different cultures. The differences between individuals in a culture is greater by far than the differences between cultures, especially in the modern era.

China locked citizens down with armed patrols.

I doubt it, but if they did, it did not happen often. For that matter, only a small fraction of the Chinese population in one city (Wuhan) was locked down even at the peak. The rest voluntarily stayed home. There was no lockdown in Korea, and hardly one in Japan.

Korea is the size of a large state, without huge Home Depot stores nor the huge tourism locations.

New York is the size of a large state, and the method is working there. What is your point? Korea does have large stores and huge tourist locations. So does Japan. The large stores in Japan remained open, yet the method worked.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.