Covid-19 News

• Ralph Baric gets a mention here ... as a coauthor, one of 20 ,, about the prodrug EIDD-2801

https://stm.sciencemag.org/content/12/541/eabb5883 April29

The primary goal of this study was to determine the antiviral activity of the nucleoside analog NHC (EIDD-1931)

against multiple emerging CoV in vitro and antiviral efficacy of its prodrug, EIDD-2801, in mouse models of CoV pathogenesis.

There is a new rabbithole in progress with Merck

https://www.washingtonpost.com…idgeback-biotherapeutics/

"Emory University’s coronavirus pill EIDD-2801 highlights financial speculation on drugs developed with public investment

where Merck pays big money to Ridgeback, which pays small money to Emory U...which uses tax payers $

"“I would think that universities … would not normally transfer products to basically a house-flipper,” said Aaron S. Kesselheim, a physician

at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston and professor at Harvard Medical School.

“I wouldn’t think they would have to engage with speculators, like it appears that Ridgeback Biotherapeutics is.”

The largesse of Merck in donating billions of doses of the generic Ivermectin" Mectizan" for river blindness/elephantiasis

hopefully will be a factor whwn they consider the final pricing of EIDD-2801.

Perhaps it will be cheaper than Gilead's Remdesivir

https://investors.merck.com/ne…ram-Progress/default.aspx

but it will never be cheaper than Ivermectin...the ionophore which is increasingly showing anti-Covid effectiveness

as for Ivermectin.. is Merck interested in financing trials ???like this at Liverpool U... perhaps ionophores are just too boring for R&D..

https://www.pharmaceutical-bus…dd-2801-covid-19-phase-2/

Ridgeback begins enrolment for phase 2 Covid-19 trial of EIDD-2801 .. today.

• I had to get a coronavirus test before treatment for another problem. I can report it stings, but it is not even as bad as a minor flu shot. It stings for a moment. The probe is held and swabbed for 5 seconds. For a half-hour afterwards it still felt a little uncomfortable.

• I had to get a coronavirus test before treatment for another problem. I can report it stings, but it is not even as bad as a minor flu shot. It stings for a moment. The probe is held and swabbed for 5 seconds. For a half-hour afterwards it still felt a little uncomfortable.

One of my kids went 10 km to get a test yesterday, because one of his friends had just tested positive the day before. The friend is asymptomatic. The procedure was literally a pain in the nose. I've heard that it's going to be about a six day wait to get results. Way too long! My dentist had to postpone my appointment that should have been today, because of all this.

Starting yesterday, Torontonians are required to wear masks when indoors in public spaces. This, despite the fact our daily new cases have decreased for the last two months and are down to 40 a day now, in a city of 3 million people. All in an attempt to avoid a possible second wave. How long this is going to continue, God knows. Not a fan. At least the parks and playgrounds and pools are open.

• Official Post

I have read many hit pieces in my day, but this one by the Washington Post on a Philadelphia Veterans Home is as bad as they come:

https://outline.com/n5Kd79

Basically, they say HCQ/Az (called COVID cocktail ) is unproven, dangerous, and should never have been used on the Homes patients. That is according to 5 anonymous nurses who protested it's use, some patients family members the reporters contacted and asked their response after being informed their loved ones were administered a dangerous drug, and some local politicians who are now investigating the Homes medical staff for using a dangerous drug.

• I have read many hit pieces

The Post journalist has zero medical knowledge but a Pulitzer prize for investigative jourmalism about housing corruption in Miami in 2007..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/people/debbie-cenziper/.

This issue is not about housing corruption but a corruption at a much higher level

Debbie needs to check out the work of socially responsible physicians like Didier Raoult and Zev Zelenko viz a viz Fauci/Gilead.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

http://covexit.com/shock-testi…french-national-assembly/

"

Recommendation of an inquiry into Gilead / Remdesivir

Professor Raoult suggested the members of parliament that an investigation takes place into Gilead Science.

He is very adamant about a negative role having been played by the corporation during the pandemic.

For him, Gilead Science’s drug, Remdesivir, initially developed for Ebola, never was a realistic option for treating COVID-19 patients

. He also mentioned the stock exchange speculation that took place in connection with information becoming available regarding remdesivir and HCQ.

He sees Gilead as a company operating with little personnel, with few products, but with tremendous influence.

Conflicts of Interest Abound in the Medical Profession

A significant part of the testimony of Professor Raoult was about the various conflicts of interest in the medical sector.

He reminded how declarations of conflicts of interest came about in the medical field, as pharmaceutical companies have provided financial support and other benefits,

including trips, for years, to medical doctors.

He mentioned the example of Merck having offered fake professional trips to China to French doctors.

Without using the word corruption, he suggested such “ecosystem” brings doctors to share similar views as the pharmaceutical industry.

Anonymous Death Threats Originating from Individual with Links to Gilead

Professor Raoult testified that, shortly after he started to talk about HCQ as a treatment, in March, he received anonymous death threats

. He filed a complaint with the police, and an enquiry was opened by the French judiciary. T

he medical doctor behind the threats was found and happens to be from a Nantes university hospital.

It happened to be the person who received the most money from Gilead over the past 6 years.

Professor Raoult presents this as a “personal experience.” In his testimony,

he remained diplomatic and suggested “to be attentive to this level of problem.”

SOLIDARITY Clinical Trial Director Seen as Cozy with Gilead

Professor Raoult said he had been shocked to see the French doctor in charge of the SOLIDARITY clinical trials,

which have yielded no results so far and seem to go nowhere,

to use the informal “tu” and not “vous” to address Gilead’s director at a meeting

, in front of the French president and health minister.

Professor Raoult, whose father was a military medical doctor,

said that he would not accept to be talked to in such a casual way.

No Direct Attack on President Macron and Health Minister Véran

Professor Raoult pointed at important mistakes done by the French government,

including the prohibited usage of hydroxychloroquine outside of hospital settings,

and the new restrictions on azithromycin.

Yet he mostly blamed incompetent advisors to the health minister and to the president.

He said he continued to have communication channels, during the crisis, at the highest level.

He only named names in the case of the medication authority ANSM and the public health authority HCSP.

The Lancet Refused to Publish IHU-Marseille’s Observational Study

Professor Raoult revealed that his landmark study about the use of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin

as an early treatment for COVID-19 was not accepted by The Lancet.

That happened the very same week as the venerable British scientific journal accepted

the now infamous study about the alleged high dangers of hydroxychloroquine

, relying on fake[SURGISPHERE] data, by Mehra et al, which has now been retracted.

• But you already did out you as a dilettante when saying: Ivermectin in-vitro results are anecdotal and thus nobody here should,listen to what you try to spread...

Lets sum up: There is absolute no real evidence for Remdesivir tons of evidence for all the others.

Dear dear: more Wyttenfacts!

I never said Ivermectin in vitro results were anecdotal. Rather, i said (at various times, linking a long and interstingtech discussion):

(1) In vitro results mean nothing. There are hundreds of chemicals with in vitro results showing active against COVID. Nor are HCQ and ivermectin the best in vitro results. What matters however is what works in vivo.

(2) The in vitro results for Ivermectin (unlike for HCQ) show activity against COVID at concentrations much higher (50X) the usual safe dose. Ivermectin is very well tolerated, so 10X usual looks like no trouble., It is then a question whether safe concentrations will deliver activity against COVID. Just from the in vitro IC50 results.

For the second part: I agree: Remdesivir seems hardly better than HCQ. It has slightly better RCT results (that one trial with much lower in hospital times). But it also comes with nastier side effects. Doctors will pay for it, if those lower hospital times are true, because hospital beds cost money. It seems probable it will overall benefit severely ill patients but that is less clear. That is why I did not have it on my list.

THH

• One of my kids went 10 km to get a test yesterday, because one of his friends had just tested positive the day before. The friend is asymptomatic. The procedure was literally a pain in the nose. I've heard that it's going to be about a six day wait to get results. Way too long! My dentist had to postpone my appointment that should have been today, because of all this.

Starting yesterday, Torontonians are required to wear masks when indoors in public spaces. This, despite the fact our daily new cases have decreased for the last two months and are down to 40 a day now, in a city of 3 million people. All in an attempt to avoid a possible second wave. How long this is going to continue, God knows. Not a fan. At least the parks and playgrounds and pools are open.

Mark, it is a pain I agree.

I can't understand your "all in an attempt to stop a possible second wave".

There is no second wave, just a continuation of the first which unlike other epidemics has never yet run free through the population.

You saw the Rt value in NY, UK, Spain, Italy, etc. It does not not discriminate. Without behaviour change it will increase at a high rate, doubling every few days. We know that from history, and serology shows nothing has changed.

So what do you want to happen in an ideal Mark U world?

It seems to me that of all the varied economic and social costs changing behaviour, masks + lots of testing are the least expensive. It is people who resist these, or who flout sensible social distancing, who force tighter lockdowns and hit the economy.

• socially responsible physicians like Didier Raoult and Zev Zelenko

Zelenko and Didier have different styles but I sense a strong sense of social responsibilty. with both

here is some of Zev's recent interview about Canada bureaucracy banning physicians from prescribing HCQ..

with @jpkiekens

. "http://covexit.com/dr-zelenko-interview-part-2/

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"so yes I do have connections with Montreal

many of my patient have family in Montreal and so I did get a lot of people reaching out to me

and I'll tell you a really tragic case

there was a young woman in her late 20s who was six months pregnant

diagnosed with COVID .she reached out to me because her family are my patients

and she lived in Montreal and she asked me what I recommend

and I said I definitely recommend that she starts treatment

because pregnancy second and third trimesters has a high risk and she said thank you

and she called her doctor and they refused to give it to her

six days later she had pulmonary infarcts and bilateral strokes

she lost her baby and she is still on a ventilator and we're talking about two months later

that's what I'm familiar with and you can scale that case by hundreds if not thousands of cases

initially I was really the only vocal voice giving being hope and and kind of a treatment option

besides going home and waiting until you need a respirator

and so the entire world started calling me I remember one day I had over 10,000 texts

I developed calluses on my fingers and from texting so much

I realized i needed to be educating providers in different communities in different parts of the world

what I did I started to target physicians.. hospital systems

anyone who would listen and the word did get out I think of and so the the burden on me personally got reduced

so my message to not only to Canada but to any government any person in power is

even if you have selfish motives and you want to preserve your own positions of power

what I strongly recommend is that

you look out for the best interests of the people of your constituency

because they rely on you for policy

and give access to to life-saving medication

you have the logistical capability to provide so

for humanity, for your people the right medication at the right time

so you have a decision to make.

I'm talking to all the politicians

Do you want to be part of the solution or a part of the problem

on the one hand

good people who helped end the pandemic

and help relieve our misery and and preserve the sanctity of life

on the other hand if you choose to be motivated

by politics or big pharma influence or your own arrogance

then I believe rightfully so history will view you as

mass murderers and guilty of crimes against humanity

because now you know it's not no longer a secret

to use early intervention with high-risk patients using zinc hydroxychloroquine and Aziththromycin

so you can reduce hospitalizations by 84% and most likely reduce death by you know a factor of five if not more

so you have to ask yourself about this question you know

how do you want history to view you?

how do you want God to view you?....

"

• Dear dear: more Wyttenfacts!

I never said Ivermectin in vitro results were anecdotal. Rather, i said (at various times, linking a long and interstingtech discussion):

(1) In vitro results mean nothing. There are hundreds of chemicals with in vitro results showing active against COVID. Nor are HCQ and ivermectin the best in vitro results. What matters however is what works in vivo.

Your are proud to highlight that you did post the biggest nonsense possible. But we can forgive you as a true spin doctor needs absolute no knowledge of the themes he covers.

In vitro results are absolute convincing in cases where we already know the substance works in vivo. Where working means: There is a method to incorporate it, the body does bring it to the point of action in a concentration that works - it stays long enough to unfold it's power.

All this has been shown for HCQ & Ivermectin & Heparin for many different virus in a large number of published studies.

In vivo experiments just are a quick confirmation test.

Now your second spin:

or the second part: I agree: Remdesivir seems hardly better than HCQ. I

Please show us the invivo results of Remsdesvir!! Do you really believe that this Gilead crap works to eliminate the virus ??

Remdesivir has no function at all. Where as HCQ & Ivermectin & Heparin do save your live.

You are a constant source of obvious lies and unable to underlay them with the requested (red text) published results.

As said most leading doctors are organized in Rotary and in the US in free masons too. Today both organization have converted into mafia like triads with only two goals: Maximize private wealth and attain/maintain ruling power.

Hospital patients are cattle - they exist just for one reason to drain their money into the leaders pockets.

For me theses two unions are more evil than German born Nazi. Their smile to welcome you in hospital and then preventing you the known working treatments is equivalents to WII medical mass murder in the German camps.

• I've heard that it's going to be about a six day wait to get results.

I simply wouldn't pay any money in that case. Here you get it in less than one day. Currently many folks do make an awful lot of "criminal" money with testing and masks.

After 6 days you are either dead or strongly handicapped for the rest of your live... One more prove for the unscrupulous US medical system.

As said the single mask price was below 10 cents before corona and a test should cost below 200$ what already is way above compared to similar tests.

• There is no second wave, just a continuation of the first which unlike other epidemics has never yet run free through the population.

I'm just repeating the widespread terminology out there. What, do you expect cases to go to zero for months, and then rise to heights, before you call it a second wave?

Without behaviour change it will increase at a high rate, doubling every few days. We know that from history, and serology shows nothing has changed.

We already have behaviour changes; we practise physical distancing, wear masks when appropriate, wash hands, etc.

So what do you want to happen in an ideal Mark U world?

It seems to me that of all the varied economic and social costs changing behaviour, masks + lots of testing are the least expensive. It is people who resist these, or who flout sensible social distancing, who force tighter lockdowns and hit the economy.

Wearing masks is entirely appropriate in certain situations. I take it from your protest that you think it is entirely appropriate to mandate masks for all public indoor spaces, even with low case counts. That is not my ideal world. Perhaps it is yours. In my ideal world, the health system is quick on its feet, ramps up testing capabilities so one doesn't have to wait a week for test results, the health system doesn't deny legacy drugs for patients, and the government health system doesn't mandate this or that supposed health measure on its citizens.

• I simply wouldn't pay any money in that case. Here you get it in less than one day. Currently many folks do make an awful lot of "criminal" money with testing and masks.

After 6 days you are either dead or strongly handicapped for the rest of your live... One more prove for the unscrupulous US medical system.

As said the single mask price was below 10 cents before corona and a test should cost below 200$ what already is way above compared to similar tests.

In some stores the price of masks is still criminal. Thankfully in many places the price is now down to reasonable levels, due to I suppose an increasing supply on the market. I had to make my own mask two days ago because our supply was in the car and the car wasn't around, and I needed to go shopping.

Thankfully the virus test in Canada is free. It is only the blood antibody test (which is not yet here, wow!) which will cost $200 to $400 the last I heard.

• I can't understand your "all in an attempt to stop a possible second wave".

There is no second wave, just a continuation of the first which unlike other epidemics has never yet run free through the population.

In Toronto it may be a second wave. The epidemic is largely under control and the number of cases has been greatly reduced, like the rest of Canada.

Toronto:

https://www.toronto.ca/home/co…atus-of-cases-in-toronto/

Canada:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/canada/

• My daughter spent 7 days in Florida visiting relatives, flew both ways in packed airplane,

Got tested day after she landed at drive thru

Facility.

With tongs, They hand you package thru car window that has cotton swabs.

You swab all over your mouth, under your tongue etc, put the swab in a bag and hand it back thru your window.

2 days later she got results, negative.

• My daughter spent 7 days in Florida visiting relatives, flew both ways in packed airplane,

Got tested day after she landed at drive thru

Facility.

With tongs, They hand you package thru car window that has cotton swabs.

You swab all over your mouth, under your tongue etc, put the swab in a bag and hand it back thru your window.

That sounds a lot more comfortable. I hope the accuracy is as good as a nasal swab. Even though the nasal swab is only mildly irritating, * I suppose some people avoid it, just as they avoid getting flu shots because they are afraid of the sting and swelling. So, if the cotton swab on the cheek method works just as well, and it does not hurt, more people may go in for tests.

As I mentioned here, researchers hope to develop a simple, do-it-yourself test that produces instant results, costs a few dollars, and is sold in any pharmacy. Like a pregnancy test. That would be ideal. Even if it is somewhat inaccurate, it would be fantastic. As long as it produces mainly false positives and not many false negatives. If it is positive and you want confirmation, you could go to a clinic and get a more accurate test.

* Mildly irritating by my standards. Nothing remotely as bad as a yellow jacket bee sting. The nasal swabbing looks gross when you see it, so don't look. I suppose even this level of pain is too much for a wuss.

By the way, a yellow jacket bee sting does wonders for you skin for a few days. It makes a 60-something person's hand look 30 years younger. Like botox. Bee stings are also supposedly good for rheumatism and other aches and pains. My wife's father kept honey bees. When my wife was growing up, she used to catch a bee in morning in a net and have it sting her grandmother to reduce rheumatism.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.