Covid-19 News

• The government of Georgia has refused to answer any questions about its treatment of COVID-19. News organizations filed suits under the open records laws. Finally, last week, the state sent some documents to the newspapers. Sort of. Every single item on the documents is blacked out. Like this:

See:

Georgia keeps key virus information from public

https://www.ajc.com/politics/g…ZGBAGKJRFLVDCGCWGJ2NGCLE/

Worse than China! It reminds of a story about the Soviet Union. Supposedly, the Russian army invited U.S. military observers to watch their war game maneuvers. They gave them "special" binoculars with no magnification. Just plain glass.

• Not all are needed and not all did disappear. Tetanus is a no brainer and all should do it. Pneumokokkus is also important. Hepatitis would be good for older people. (> 14 years) Rubella is nonsense for most - just to give some comment.

But most important: Do not take any combination vaccines and only adjuvant free ones.

May be there is a reason why the US is at the end will be the most affected Western country ... May be vaccination leads to a careless living style.

Side effect of CoV-19: Australia see 6x less flu cases...

Everyone one of those vaccines has a story.

Tetanus is caused historically by what - poor hygenine -a lot during childbirth where there are effectively open wounds. Physicians didn't want to wash their hands.

Let a wound fester without oxygen and you might get this. You can't eracidate tetanus its everywhere. The vaccine doesn't prevent you from the disease - if you get that toxin produced in a wound and the toxin gets into nerves and if it bypasses the bloodstream you can get the injury. By if you compare the number of tetanus from US I believe

70 cases WWI 500k wounds 13.4/100k [no vaccine]

12 cases WWII 3mi wounds 0.44/100k [vaccine]

This looks impressive except 7/12 of those who got tetanus in that data were vaccinated. We also have data that those who were vaccinated had a much higher death rate. We also know that WWI was a much more risky war in terms of being in trenches upto their hips. We also had better wound management. But still, this type of data is used to "prove" vaccines.

The ultrasmart person will wonder --- perhaps our body can fight this disease just fine, you know good hygiene, modern healthcare, nutrition, clean water, etc

The moderately smart person will wonder --- is making a vat of bacteria to grow toxins on beef hearts, doused in beef blood in a vat with formaldehyde to neutralize that mess, and mixing this with thimersol, and adding aluminum to trick your body into responding --- bypassing the multilayered defense system including the blood stream -- they will wonder could the risks outweigh the benefits?

The syncophant-Gatesian-promoter will just argue it works --- and that no further trial study (which has never been done) is needed.

• I am not sure where you are. But #1 the O2 reading my be below 95% if you are at high altitudes.

and #2 when my O2% drops I use an oxygen concentrator.

Here in the US you can get them from Amazon and other places very easily:

Thanks oldguy, I am at sea level but have found that the pulse oximeter reads very differently depending upon which finger I put it on. Fortunately for me, I never saw my oxygen levels fall below 94. Two things that my doctor shared with me that I think are helpful, first I had understood that I should head to the hospital if my O2 reading reached 90. However, my doctor instructed me to go to the hospital if it dropped below 94. Also, I had assumed that I should take the O2 reading while sedentary, again my doctor suggested I measure it after some strenuous activity. I am now 10 days from what I believed to be my first symptoms (a dry cough) and finally feeling like I have turned the corner, fever has dropped from 101.8 to 99 and stomach cramps have petty much resolved. Thanks for the tip on the oxygen concentrator!

• I also bought one of those. Then I looked around for recommendations regarding COVID-19. One source suggested you go to the emergency room if it falls below 90. But it also says the normal range is 95 to 100. So maybe in your case, you should go if it falls below 85? Or call the doctor if it falls below 90? Or, perhaps, if it seems to be declining rapidly, go to the emergency room?

If it is in mid-80s I would definitely go. Or, if you have difficulty breathing, whatever it says.

Thanks Jed, I had planned to head to the hospital should my O2 levels drop below 90, however my doctor was adamant that I should do so if it dropped below 94. He could be extra conservative. But 85 would be way too low. As I shared with Oldguy, he also instructed me to take my O2 reading after a bit of activity rather than resting. It definitely makes a difference. Thanks for the input.

• Sky News Austrialia- Reason that HCQ and ivermectin are not adopted

There is no good reason to ban two potential ‘COVID cures’

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Trial Site News - Updates on ivermectin, RFL-100(AVIPTADIL), Russia's vaccine

Medical News | Australian Researcher: Triple Therapy (Ivermectin, Zinc, Doxycycline) for COVID-19

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Comparison of Viral Clearance between Ivermectin with Doxycycline and

Hydroxychloroquine with Azithromycin in COVID-19 Patients

- (one day dose of ivermectin, neither regimen used zinc)

http://www.bcpsjournal.org/mhc…/media/pdf/article761.pdf

Antiviral Activity of Ivermectin Against SARS-CoV-2:

An Old-Fashioned Dog with a New Trick — A Literature Review

https://www.mdpi.com/2218-0532/88/3/36

• Doesn't change the argument.

I did not change it. Modern medicine had methods of treating tetanus before the vaccine. Many diseases have been treated effectively before a vaccine is developed, but the vaccine is easier, more effective, and far cheaper.

Also, I'm not a historian but when I look I see that in small handfuls of cases it reduced mortality from the 70-80% to 50%

You are not a historian, and not much good at arithmetic either. In WWI the mortality was zero. Because of the antiserum treatments.

• Give us a break. This does not begin to make your case. This is a study of 103 cases. The patients who got the disease despite getting the vaccine did not get sufficient booster shots, because of the war. As everyone knows, tetanus vaccines have to be given again a while.

Here is the text:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/…abs/pii/S0140673646912627

• I did not change it. Modern medicine had methods of treating tetanus before the vaccine. Many diseases have been treated effectively before a vaccine is developed, but the vaccine is easier, more effective, and far cheaper.

You are not a historian, and not much good at arithmetic either. In WWI the mortality was zero. Because of the antiserum treatments.

You pick, choose, break apart to serve your preconceived ideas. The amazing fact is you keep ascribing the victory over tetanus to vaccines when it is obvious there is no data there to support this; and then you will justify that vaccines saved the world on this non-data. Again, there are other options - hygenine, wound management, good health, treating the disease which by all accounts is not that common. Especially when 50% of the people who got it were vaccinated it has to make you think, if you want to think.

I see that in small handfuls of cases it reduced mortality from the 70-80% to 50%

I was talking about the effectiveness of serum based on actual studies. Unfortunately, Mr. Google, the first hit you came upon suggested the mortality was zero was a specific study and not the same data set. Again, if serum was effective (and we'd have to investigate if that was true - it may well be) it also speaks to alternatives - one of which is the good old [AMAZING HUMAN BODY, NUTRITION, HYGIENE, WOUND CARE, MODERN MEDICINE].

The evidence above shows you are one of two time wasters here.

• Perhaps you could summarise for those not wanting (even with a very good set of institutional subscriptions) to pay £30 for this very old back copy?

From the 1st page preview I note:

This describes vaccination during the 2nd world war:

Soldiers were given either active vaccination, or passive vaccination. These were very early techniques.

So: please read the rest of this, give us the full figures, and also comment, is this comparison active vaccine vs passive? In which case maybe just the passive was better. Or is it some other comparison you are referencing.

It is very important to read the stuff you reference if it is central to your argument (as this is).

Finally, do you really think an 80 year old and very early vaccine safety record is relevant to a conversation about modern vaccines? This was 1935 - a very long time ago - and vaccines were still at that time in their experimental infancy.

My hypothesis - this is one of those vastly out of context and misinterpreted nuggets of info circulated as anti-vax misinformation because they do not have any significant real evidence. Not that vaccines are perfect - it is just that the ones that get through testing deliver results a lot better for all than no vaccination. (With very very occasional mistakes - like the SARS vaccine which was rushed through).

Best wishes, THH

• Give us a break. This does not begin to make your case. This is a study of 103 cases. The patients who got the disease despite getting the vaccine did not get sufficient booster shots, because of the war. As everyone knows, tetanus vaccines have to be given again a while.

Here is the text:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/…abs/pii/S0140673646912627

Let me guess you didn't get past the first page when you hit reply?

• You pick, choose, break apart to serve your preconceived ideas. The amazing fact is you keep ascribing the victory over tetanus to vaccines when it is obvious there is no data there to support this; and then you will justify that vaccines saved the world on this non-data.

The victory over came in two steps. First the antiserum treatment, then the vaccine. The vaccine is much cheaper and easier. I do not think it would be possible to administer an antiserum treatment to an entire population, outside of a battlefield.

There is data to support this: there are around 30 cases of tetanus in the U.S. per year. The only people who get it are those who were not vaccinated, or with vaccinations more than 10 years ago. There used to be thousands.

Here is a look at recent progress, all of it due to the vaccine:

"Globally 38,000 people died from tetanus in 2017. Around half (49%) were younger than five years old.

The vaccine against tetanus allowed massive progress in controlling the disease. The result — 89 percent reduction in tetanus cases and deaths since 1990."

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/p…anual/chpt16-tetanus.html

https://ourworldindata.org/tetanus

Frankly, the anti-science, irrational and dangerous garbage you and other anti-vaccine people spew has no place here. This forum is supposedly about science. What you say is the extreme opposite of science. If I were in charge, I would not throw you out, but I would ask you to shut up about this.

• Navid,

Are you really saying that Tetanus vaccine is dangerous based on this WW2 account (which I bet you have not read - unless your insti has better journal subs than mine, and that is quite unlikely)?

I'm glad though that we are now arguing science rather than anti-vax PR. It forces you to ante up.

• We also have data that those who were vaccinated had a much higher death rate.

https://www.thelancet.com/jour…-6736(46)91262-7/fulltext

Hmmmm. Taking only 'table V' that seems to be the case, but reading the whole paper suggests the above claim is somewhat shaky, in my opinion. Table IV suggests extra vaccine shots were necessary, and its reported that amount of antiserum given was uncontrolled, an obvious potentially confounding variable. Also, it seems p-values weren't in fashion in 1946.

Worth a read though.

• If I were in charge, I would not throw you out, but I would ask you to shut up about this.

i understand the sentiment, but I'd rather that anyone who thinks they can make an anti-vax case should do so, here, where it can be properly considered.

Otherwise the PR is that we are part of an establishment conspiracy forcing bad vaccines on a population and falsifying science.

Which is utter BS - the anti-vax arguments I've heard so far have been complete and obvious rubbish. More interesting is how people get to accept them as proper arguments? It shows a lack of critical appraisal.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.