Covid-19 News

• And let us hope to God that Trump never sees this RCT... We can do without politics here.

THH

:cursing:

Amazing how this can be twisted! You mean to say, "Let us hope that Trump never sees this RCT.... BECAUSE if he does, he will inform the public about it as a potential life safer (he NEVER stated that HCQ was a proven treatment but that it showed a lot of promise) and the freakin liberal main stream media and Democrat politicians will immediately start a push to ban Vitamin D as life threatening and of no effect for Covid!" The liberals will go to any length to discredit him, even if the health of the people are at stake.

THAT is what would happen.... .yet only half the truth is told in your statement!

Politics indeed! :rolleyes:

• I just analyzed the death rate of France the country with the highest second wave here in Europe.

Usually deaths trail cases by about 3 weeks. (always use the averages!).

It looks like the second waves is at least 20x less deadly than the first. This trend we dio see in most countries here in Europe what points to the fact that highly sensitive people did react much stronger and now are missing. The excess mortality in Switzerland is now diving below lowest expectation values, what clearly indicates that people did die of CoV-19 that would have died of any other infection too. So seen from the statistics there will be no CoV-19 effect by end of year... (of course not for the USA!)

• It looks like the second waves is at least 20x less deadly than the first. This trend we dio see in most countries here in Europe what points to the fact that highly sensitive people did react much stronger and now are missing.

No, it points to the fact that many more young people are being infected. In the U.S. record numbers of young people are being infected because in-person school has begun, with no preparation or safeguards in many states. At the University of Georgia there were 821 cases in the first week of classes. At that rate, the entire student body will be infected soon. See:

https://news.uga.edu/uga-repor…first-full-week-of-class/

In Georgia, the government is doing nothing to prevent or slow down the pandemic. On the contrary, it is doing all it can to hide the facts from the public and prevent local governments from taking steps to slow down the pandemic. So this outcome is inevitable. Roughly 2,500 more people will die in Georgia this year because the government is fighting to prevent effective steps to slow down the pandemic.

https://covid19.healthdata.org…ew=total-deaths&tab=trend

• Amazing how this can be twisted! You mean to say, "Let us hope that Trump never sees this RCT.... BECAUSE if he does, he will inform the public about it as a potential life safer (he NEVER stated that HCQ was a proven treatment but that it showed a lot of promise) and the freakin liberal main stream media and Democrat politicians will immediately start a push to ban Vitamin D as life threatening and of no effect for Covid!"

Bob - yes - that is what exactly i am saying. And that is one of my extreme dislikes of Trump. He makes extravagant claims he has no business to make (e.g. about medical stuff).

Whether he is right or wrong, politicians have no business making these claims - it inevitably turns a science question into a political question - making it less likely correct decisions will be made.

You think my criticism of him over HCQ relates to whether he was right (as i originally expected) or wrong (as i mostly but not wholly now think).

Not at all. I criticise him because he - in public - offers strong medical advice which he has not previously agreed with medical authorities. That means confused messaging, politics intruding where it should not, etc.

:)

I probably am (by your definition) a liberal. But my care for professionalism in communication is a good deal stronger than my politics. I can understand different political opinions, even though I don't agree. I actually understand Trump's politics, and if it were just that I think it perfectly reasonable for some people to support him - even though personally I think they are a great mistake for the world and the US. That does not apply to his style, which I believe has done immeasurable harm to US democracy - so much so that civil war after the next election begins to look possible. I can't excuse poor messaging that has a toxic and dividing effect from somone whose job is good messaging and unifying the country - especially in times of crisis.

THH

PS - though this is a bit political it is really about communication, professionalism, and why that matters. On topic for this thread.

• It looks like the second waves is at least 20x less deadly than the first.

In Georgia, the case mortality rate rose slightly in August, even though many more young people as a percent of patients are being infected. There is something like a second wave, although it is more like a continuation of the first wave. Anyway, the numbers are:

Total from pandemic: 266,288 cases, 5,868 deaths, 2.1%

For August: 82,685 cases, 1,981 deaths, 2.4%

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/georgia/

• Trial Site News --

Argentina’s IVERCAR Ivermectin & Carrageenan Study Shows Positive Results Targeting COVID-19

"The study team recruited 1,195 health professionals of which 407 received no treatment

and 788 self-administered ivermectin oral drops and an iota-carrageenan nasal spray

five times per day over a 14 day period....Out of 788 self-administered from the intervention

arm, not one person fell ill to SARS-CoV-2."

https://www.trialsitenews.com/…sults-targeting-covid-19/

Argentine CT shows carrageenan’s prophylactic effect against SARS-CoV-2 infection

"The study was carried out between June 1 and August 10, 2020 and recruited 1,195 health

professionals, of which 407 received no treatment and 788 self-administered ivermectin

oral drops and an iota-carrageenan nasal spray five times per day over 14 days.

According to the data released, 58% of participants in the control group resulted infected with

the virus during the trial, while no contagions were recorded in the carrageenan + ivermectin arm"

https://source.gbihealth.com/News/NewsDetail?newsID=2036054

But, for a more conventional view (from The Miami Herald), the audio in the following --

Should a decades-old lice medication be used to treat COVID-19? These Florida doctors are

-- states ""... however, even proponents of the drug stress it is not a cure ... YEARS of peer-reviewed

clinical trials would be needed to conclude if ivermectin was truly instrumental in patients' recoveries ...

we won't know for sure if it works until about 2 OR 3 YEARS after there are more control trials ..."

https://www.miamiherald.com/ne…eys/article245313450.html

• Bob - yes - that is what exactly i am saying. And that is one of my extreme dislikes of Trump. He makes extravagant claims he has no business to make (e.g. about medical stuff).

My point is that you are totally biased. Not once have I seen a critical post of the liberal news who COMPLETELY twisted what was said and responsible for making it political. Not once have I seen you criticize the liberal politicians for weaponizing an innocent remark, Stating that a medicine shows potential and should be seriously looked at is not unscientific. It is the response that was absolutely uncalled for, yet you lay the entire blame on Trump. Again, no posts from you to counter this argument including the one above. It is simply his fault and not the liberal medias.

I have not seen you criticize ANY liberal statements etc. You are biased against Trump and as many, simply cannot give him any credit for anything and yet fast to pull him down.

I challenge you to provide ONE extravagant Covid related medical claim he has made and post it and the verifiable source. Remember, fake stuff such as he said people should drink bleach is a total lie and fabrication of the liberal agenda.

Stating that HCQ could be a game changer and should be seriously looked at is not extravagant nor improper. It is true.

(Edit.. I mean it is true it COULD be a game changer if observational evidence pans out....currently there is more reason to look into it than to ignore it for sure..or call for crimes against humanity as certain democratic politician called for! )

So I await your verifiable source of extravagant Covid MEDIC INE claims.

Now,... extravagant claims about many other subjects such as finance, the wall, etc. etc. is a different story,,, one that every politician partakes in fully. Such as Biden claiming a black man invented the light bulb. So do not discriminate on these, I am talking Covid Medicine claims.

It will be interesting to see what the result of this challenge is!

Thank you!

• Official Post

I applaud the Miami Herald for writing a very fair article about doctors in south Florid administering Ivermectin (HCQ still being used in Broward county they say). In other words the Herald did what they were supposed to do, and what very few "journalists" do nowadays...report the news. They did not try and scare the crap out of their readers, or make political points by asking the doctor "why are you administering a dangerous drug?". Refreshing.

Anyway, this one patient in the piece was on a fast decline, and soon heading for the ventilator. His doc mentioned Iver, and he replied "“By that point, I would try anything"...and he did. The vast majority of patients in his situation, were/are never offered that option. Instead, it is off to the ventilator for them, where most die from the trauma to their lungs. What a shame. I could just imagine myself in his shoes, knowing what I know now about HCQ/Iver, and being denied the option to try a very safe drug that has been around decades, all because of dirty politics.

The patient went on to make a fast recovery.

• My point is that you are totally biased. Not once have I seen a critical post of the liberal news who COMPLETELY twisted what was said and responsible for making it political. Not once have I seen you criticize the liberal politicians for weaponizing an innocent remark, Stating that a medicine shows potential and should be seriously looked at is not unscientific. It is the response that was absolutely uncalled for, yet you lay the entire blame on Trump. Again, no posts from you to counter this argument including the one above. It is simply his fault and not the liberal medias.

This is getting a bit political: and i don't want a political argument with you, it serves no purpose and i respect you too much to argue endlessly.

However one point here is non-political.

You are quite right I criticise Trump for this: because he brought science matters into politics, over-riding scientists about science. He has done this also with global warming.

I would criticise "liberal politicians" for the same, if they did it. At the moment, for reasons I don't understand, right-wing politics in the US (not the UK, where our right-wing government is very pro-science) seems to be strongly anti-science, left-wing not so much so. That has not always been true, and may change. When it does, you will find me criticising the left as I now criticise Trump.

So: I criticise Trump because he thinks he knows better than the scientists about science. That takes expert bashing too far. It is arrogant and stupid. And, he thinks that acting without agreement of the scientists, so you get mixed messages, is the right thing to do in a crisis. Even if he were right, and somehow better at scientific judgement than the scientists, Contradicting them on strength of 40% of the country having voted for him benefits no-one and leaves the whole country in a mess with mixed messages.

I have no problem with politicians taking the science data and making political judgments, as long as they do not make false science claims or (as in this case) take over the role of the (accountable) medics. You will notice here how careful I am to point out that anything i say is not a medical opinion and anyone wanting to dose themselves should seek medical advice, using info here if that is appropriate to inform their physician, who may or may not agree, and who carries the can when their patients die. Many doctors are ignorant. But all doctors are accountable and carry the serious responsibility of their patients welfare. Were I a public figure whose words many people respected and acted on I would be much more cautious and not even offer opinions on such matters, knowing that my words might over-ride doctors when I carry no medical responsibility. Trump does not carry this responsibility and he has no business giving medical advice.

Trump was voted in because he would be bold, drive through needed reform against the resistance of a corrupt establishment. Laudable if true. This is the other side of that and it is not helpful. I criticise it. So do many Republicans.

Best wishes,

THH

• In Georgia, the case mortality rate rose slightly in August, even though many more young people as a percent of patients are being infected.

Georgia has 20% more inhabitants than Switzerland but 7x more cases, 3x more deaths and currently 60x higher death rate. What is wrong in this state ??

A lot to do in post disaster analysis!

Less corona cross immunity ? Distancing? Drugs like morphines?

• Georgia has 20% more inhabitants than Switzerland but 7x more cases, 3x more deaths and currently 60x higher death rate. What is wrong in this state ??

A lot to do in post disaster analysis!

Less corona cross immunity ? Distancing? Drugs like morphines?

Wyttenfact?

20% more people, 7X more cases, 3X more deaths (that is ok, it means 7x the infection rate but 1/2 the mortality, or simply more testing and therefore more declared cases).

But then 60x the death rate? That makes no sense. Unless you are comparing Swizerland death rate now (post-epidemic peak) with Georgia death rate now (in middle of epidemic peak).

There's lies, dam lies and statistics.

• What is wrong in this state ??

Georgia is not atypical in the United States of Adiposity.

"Approximately 31.6 percent of adults in Georgia are obese, the 24th highest rate in the country"

Only 31.6% is way better than Mississippi.

For ethnic endemic obesity no one beats American Samoa.. >55% for tamaloa and >75% for fafine

Covid will cut a broad swathe thru the islands if it gets half a chance.

• bob#2,

Are you my uncle Bob?

👍

• Is this true in Illinois?

Bob's your uncle" is a phrase commonly used in Ireland, United Kingdom and Commonwealth countries that means "and there it is" or "and there you have it".

Typically, someone says it to conclude a set of simple instructions or when a result is reached.

• Argentine CT shows carrageenan’s prophylactic effect against SARS-CoV-2 infection

Gracias Lou

I think initially the Argentinians were using carrageenan as a gel to hold the ivermectin in a nasal spray.

Ivermectin is probably the main effective ingredient

Pretty amazing results... now there's a gamechanger. and not one BIGPHARMA in sight

zero infections for the treated group

maybe some clarification is needed???

"

IV - Caseros Medical Center - CABA:

Total participating personnel 15

8 received IVERCAR

7 they did not receive IVERCAR

5 infected people (SARS-COV2), and were in the cohort that did not receive IVERCAR

FINAL RESULTS

In the present trial, 1,195 Health Agents participated.

Of these, 788 received IVER.CAR, while 407 did not.

In the group that did not receive IVER.CAR, 237 infections (58%) were verified.

In the group that received IVER.CAR, there were NO infections.

In this protocol, medication was given for mild, moderate and severe cases. In the mild ones,

ivermectin was given at a dose of 200 micrograms per kilogram of weight and aspirin to prevent hypercoagulability.

In moderate cases , the ivermectin dose was 400 micrograms and, in addition to aspirin, injectable dexamethasone ,

an anti-inflammatory drug , was added to prevent hyperinflammation in the lungs.

In severe cases, the ivermectin dose was increased to 600 micrograms,

aspirin was replaced by enoxaparin, and dexamethasone was maintained.

"Both ivermectin, as enoxaparin, dexamethasone and aspirin have been approved for many years," said Héctor Carvallo, last June when the trials began.

“In all cases, ivermectin is given once a week, while the other drugs are given daily.

The idea with ivermectin is not to completely eliminate the virus, in order to generate antibodies,

in the manner of a vaccine produced by the body itself, ”he explained promptly.

Regarding the duration of treatment, Carvallo explained that

“we estimate that it will last 30 days on average. The cost of this treatment is estimated at 15 dollars per day ”.

http://www.pharmabaires.com/17…los-agentes-de-salud.html

there is some discussion on reddit here

https://www.reddit.com/r/iverm…arrageenans_prophylactic/

• About (TTH's) Hoaxly's miss information or lack of reading...

From official Georgia page:

Georgia has 20% more inhabitants than Switzerland but 7x more cases, 3x more deaths and currently 60x higher death rate.

Georgia has a far higher positive rate 10% ( of all tests) than currently Switzerland 2.3%. This rate (increase/decrease) is a good indicator for the real R value.

What is wrong in this state ??

May be Georgia missed a real first wave. Only Small peek in April - higher than here but much narrower.

We have no lock down too- since 3 months. Some sub-states now enforce masks in shops. Masks are also needed (state wide) in public transportation. But masks seem to have influence on the figures so far. All central sub-states with strictly no masks in shops perform better....

• What is wrong in this state ??

Is it Rothwell?:)

There is nothing special about Georgia in the pluribum...

and SC.?. is that Shanahan's seminary effect?

in terms of Deaths/1M pop

Georgia is better than Louisiana.

A typical Iowan thing to say is

"We're not as bad as Nebraska.." but with Covid this isn't true

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And then there are the newest States. Hawaii and Alaska..

• I applaud the Miami Herald for writing a very fair article about doctors in south Florid administering Ivermectin (HCQ still being used in Broward county they say). In other words the Herald did what they were supposed to do, and what very few "journalists" do nowadays...report the news. They did not try and scare the crap out of their readers, or make political points by asking the doctor "why are you administering a dangerous drug?". Refreshing.

Anyway, this one patient in the piece was on a fast decline, and soon heading for the ventilator. His doc mentioned Iver, and he replied "“By that point, I would try anything"...and he did. The vast majority of patients in his situation, were/are never offered that option. Instead, it is off to the ventilator for them, where most die from the trauma to their lungs. What a shame. I could just imagine myself in his shoes, knowing what I know now about HCQ/Iver, and being denied the option to try a very safe drug that has been around decades, all because of dirty politics.

The patient went on to make a fast recovery.

Yes. The Miami Herald article included some claims by proponents of ivermectin, but included some disclaimers

to appease the purveyors of "dirty politics" - no need to mention who they are. Many people have died or will suffer

life long disability thanks to authoritarian leftist politics overruling common sense.

• Many people have died or will suffer

life long disability thanks to authoritarian leftist politics overruling common sense.

We can only issue once more a warning:

Do not go to a hospital with CoV-19 as the risk to die there is at least 10 x higher than by staying at home and finding a doctor that is willing to give you the correct treatment. In a hospital doctors are bound to the mafia rules else they immediately loose their job.

Same just happened in Japan. One guy stood 2 weeks in a hospital with minor symptoms and got no medicaments. He left and at home he got a lung inflammation and died within 3 days ...

Just to say it once more:

If you have at least 2 CoV-19 Symptoms: Take the recommended drugs. Listen to your body. As long as you can not do sports or you are not at your usual power level - go on taking the drugs. Start taking them at first symptoms. V-D,zinc, orange juice, quercetin does no harm at all.

If it turns worse: Ask a doctor for Ivermectin, Doxycycline and with low oxygen - Heparin. This works for almost all cases. But there are people that stay over the cliff ...

No, it points to the fact that many more young people are being infected. In the U.S. record numbers of young people are being infected because in-person school has begun, with no preparation or safeguards in many states. At the University of Georgia there were 821 cases in the first week of classes. At that rate, the entire student body will be infected soon. See:

USA - some states - perform worse than any other country in the world. Why? Worst states in averge 10x worse than world average...Only Peru & Brazil try to catch up...

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.