Covid-19 News

• FM1 - I have some sympathy with this. But I also have sympathy with the people who look at the hard evidence and say there is very little showing a real positive effect. When the randomized - or Mendelian randomized - studies consistently no effect, you can be pretty sure that an observational study showing an effect is biassed. So discard 80% of what you think is evidence for Vitamin D. Even so there remains some evidence, but easy to see why it is dismissed when so much of what people claim as evidence just is not that.

I'm not denying that it is biologically active - everyone agrees that. More difficult to find out what is the overall effect of that activity.

• For those who enjoy cognitive dissonance -

Vitamin D and Covid-19 Susceptibility and Severity: a Mendelian Randomization Study

https://www.medrxiv.org/conten…09.08.20190975v2.full.pdf

This is a classical Bachelor level work of doctors that just can think in one direction.

Why at all should a gen that leads to higher vitamin D levels protect people??. If the body is used to a "drug" then usually it is no longer of any help.

These guys obviously have no clue of biological mechanism as V-D is recommended for people with chronic deficiency!! - The exact opposite of their assumption!

• If you connect the dots it's beginning to look like the medical community worldwide has missed very important connections. Solar cycles influence vitamin D levels solar minimums and pandemics, 1918, 1957, 1968 2020 and pretty much all bad flu years all can be found on a simple google search.

The associated solar minimums (start of the solar cycle) are in brackets:

1918 (1913)

1957 (1954)

1968 (1964)

2020 (2020?)

The first three pandemics started from 3 to 5 months after a solar minimum, while Covid-19 started around the time of the solar minimum.

Personally I'm a bit ambivalent about an association but I've heard enough about the benefits of vitamin D to be giving my father in law 3000 IU a day, same for myself.

• The first three pandemics started from 3 to 5 months after a solar minimum, while Covid-19 started around the time of the solar minimum.

Personally I'm a bit ambivalent about an association but I've heard enough about the benefits of vitamin D to be giving my father in law 3000 IU a day, same for myself.

Mark 3-5 months after a solar minimum, most of the population of the world would be somewhat vitamin D deficant. This pandemic arrived anywhere from December 2019 trough Feb. 2020 during winter months when sunshine is limited unless you work outside. Blacks and latinos are more prevalent to be vitamin D deficant. Covid is ravaging those ethnic groups. One dot, two dots, 3 dots ........ I'm glad your using common sense!!!

• Apparently the total solar irradiance varies only about .1 percent from solar minima to solar maxima. However, in the mid UV from 200 to 300 nm it varies much more, about 1 to 2 percent. https://journals.ametsoc.org/j…s-the-Sun-s-Spectrum-Vary

Doesn't seem enough to make that much of a difference. But as one of your posts related, a cosmic ray increase during solar minima may lead to a higher rate of mutagenesis of potential pathogens.

• Here is astute comment about Trump administration. I quote it not to bring politics into the picture here, but because it exemplifies the modern era. It applies to the conspiracy theories people have published here, and to the opposition to cold fusion:

"Early in this administration, it was reasonable to say that plausibility was the new truth: The mere existence of a believable opposing claim was sufficient to rebut a balanced assessment of the totality of evidence. But when skepticism is a whole system of thought, assertion is the new truth. A claim no longer needs to be believable. It simply needs to be made."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0…-coronavirus-vaccine.html

Actually, in the case of the conspiracy theories and opposition to cold fusion, plausibility is not needed. Many of the conspiracy theories presented here have zero plausibility, and all of the arguments against cold fusion are physically impossible, as far as I know. However, I think the people making these arguments believe they are plausible.

It gets worse. Many conspiracy theories are based on the idea that anything any mainstream experts or institution claims is wrong by definition. Or it is a lie. If the experts say vaccines work, that is proof they do not work. When the experts explain why influenza vaccines do not work as well as other types, that is not proof the experts know what they are talking about; it is proof that all vaccines fail at the same rate as influenza vaccines. When the experts point out how and why some forms of polio are spreading in Africa to a small number of patients, and they describe how this problem can easily be fixed, that is not proof they are on top of the situation and they understand it. It is proof they are incompetent. When the W.H.O. and other mainstream organizations describe this problem in detail in web pages available to anyone, that does not mean they are revealing the facts; it means they are covering them up. See, for example:

https://www.who.int/csr/don/29…-polio-african-region/en/

When W.H.O. experts in February described exactly how to deal with COVID-19, and countries that followed their advice have 50 to 100 times fewer infections and deaths than countries which ignored them, that does not mean the W.H.O. experts were right. It means they are corrupt dupes of the Chinese government and Big Pharma. It means they are to blame for the 200,000 deaths in the U.S. and the U.S. should defund them.

I have not seen conspiracy theory advocates here claim that washing your hands does not help prevent spreading disease, but it would not surprise me to see it.

The article goes on to say other things that apply directly to cold fusion, especially the corrosive effect of false skepticism, which is actually not skepticism, mainly because it does not include self-doubt or questioning your own views:

"A degree of skepticism can be a healthy disposition. Politically, it encourages the wariness of concentrated power appropriate to a republic. Intellectually, it values a prudent humility about what we can know over the certitude to which expertise is often prone.

But skepticism as a system for interpreting the world — which conservatives might once have called 'nihilism' — is different from skepticism as a disposition. . . ."

It describes the distortion of the role of experts and scientific consensus:

"A Republican sheriff in Florida recently went as far as banning masks for deputies on duty and even for visitors to his office. The sheriff’s reasoning about wearing masks, which made national news, was rooted in systematic skepticism. He claimed that the effectiveness of masks was disproved by the fact that someone, somewhere, disputed it: 'The fact is, the amount of professionals that give the reasons we should, I can find the exact same amount of professionals that say why we shouldn’t.'"

This sheriff talks as if he has taken a opinion poll of experts, and he knows how many support the use of masks, and how many oppose it. Many scientists opposed to cold fusion offer similar views of public opinion based on their own imagination, such as when they say "scientists think cold fusion is not real." Because science is not a popularity contests, you have to ask: Which scientists? Why do they think that? Where did they publish?

• It gets worse. Many conspiracy theories are based on the idea that anything any mainstream experts or institution claims is wrong by definition. Or it is a lie. If the experts say vaccines work, that is proof they do not work. When the experts explain why influenza vaccines do not work as well as other types, that is not proof the experts know what they are talking about; it is proof that all vaccines fail at the same rate as influenza vaccines.

Experts = industry = says vaccines work. There are many experts (clinicians) who say they don't work as well as claimed, and their harms are significant. Talking about "works" is a matter of risk and reward, and science. There is no use in going over ground - you've already pushed pies into your face with classics like 'vaccines don't lead to new strains.'

Why you feel the need to promote vaccination? Leave your promotion work to another location.

When the experts point out how and why some forms of polio are spreading in Africa to a small number of patients, and they describe how this problem can easily be fixed, that is not proof they are on top of the situation and they understand it. It is proof they are incompetent.

https://www.who.int/csr/don/29…-polio-african-region/en/

A few weeks ago "polio" was abolished in the world as per Gates & WHO Company. This was a media stage so they could announce the failure, that "vaccine derived" Polio is rampant in the world. How egregious and twisted a messaging campaign is that - they usually lie to people first, so the truth confuses the crap out of them. They treat people like they are dogs who can't see where the bone went when it's behind their back

Stick to your cold fusion and you'll stay in the guardrails of your capabilities. When you go outside of them you crash into logical roadblocks and strawmen arguments.

• Experts = industry = says vaccines work. There are many experts (clinicians) who say they don't work as well as claimed, and their harms are significant.

No there are not "many" compared to the numbers who say that vaccines do work. There are only a handful of self-proclaimed experts, and most of them deluded. More to the point, there is no data to support these claims, whereas there is 200 years of rock solid proof that vaccines do work. Saying they do not work is a lot like claiming the Ohm's law is wrong.

You cite many "many" imaginary experts with same twisted illogic the sheriff quoted above uses: "The fact is, the amount of professionals that give the reasons we should, I can find the exact same amount of professionals that say why we shouldn’t." No, that is not a "fact." It is bullshit. The sheriff made that up, and you just made these "many" experts. Of course we all know there a few. I expect you can find some self-proclaimed experts who don't think that bacteria and viruses cause disease, but finding such people proves nothing about disease. It proves only that there are many stupid people.

This was a media stage so they could announce the failure, that "vaccine derived" Polio is rampant in the world.

No, it is not "rampant." There are a handful of cases, and the experts know how to eliminate them all. See the document I just referenced. They are not in "the world" but only in a few isolated places.

Saying there are "many" experts and cases are "rampant" is an abuse of language. It is distortion of the facts. Since this is supposed to be a science-based discussion forum, I think you should correct your mistakes and stop making such outrageous false claims, but you will not do that. You will continue, even though it destroys your credibility.

• Experts = industry = says vaccines work. There are many experts (clinicians) who say they don't work as well as claimed, and their harms are significant.

If the experts say vaccines work, that is proof they do not work.

I do not see much conspiracy theory here. But this may depend on the point of view you have.

Of course many vaccines work well. But some are a terrible mistake. E.g.: There is no single flu vaccines there are hundreds of flu vaccines. Far to many to be tested seriously... Also the polio vaccine is currently redeveloped because of known problems!! Etc...

No real expert says vaccines work. An expert explains you how it works and where the risks are. May be you talk of sales man not experts.

Of course LENR is real! People that deny it are as brick dumb as flat earther's.

• Jed the story on the florida sheriff is fake news. I live in marion county florida, I'm no fan of sheriff woods but his order came after the riots started and police stations attacked. His order was to protect the people who work in the building. An interview by a local station played all over florida he wasn't going to let a masked bomber just walk into his station. This doesn't fit into the new York times agenda so why tell the truth when you can make a man absymbol for all that's bad. I do agree with he rest of your post.

• n the contrary, all experts say they work. The data proves it.

It seems you never talk with experts. Experts are not simple minded. But sometimes experts have to talk to a simple minded audience, then they use a simplified language.

This sentence "No real expert says vaccines work." makes it clear that a real expert will not stop at the ".".

To make it clear flu vaccines often do not work. Two years ago only 30%, what is nothing.

• When W.H.O. experts in February described exactly how to deal with COVID-19, and countries that followed their advice have 50 to 100 times fewer infections and deaths than countries which ignored them, that does not mean the W.H.O. experts were right. It means they are corrupt dupes of the Chinese government and Big Pharma. It means they are to blame for the 200,000 deaths in the U.S. and the U.S. should defund them.

Speaking of WHO experts, this is what the WHO recommended in 2019 for influenza epidemics and pandemics, from

https://apps.who.int/iris/bits…9241516839-eng.pdf#page=9

Note the last row : "Not Recommended in Any Circumstances"

The times they are a changin'

• Jed the story on the florida sheriff is fake news.

No, it is not. The City Council meeting held in August confirms it. See:

https://www.ocala.com/story/ne…-to-wear-masks/113049372/

https://www.ocala.com/story/ne…-mask-veto-set/112950402/

You need to be careful about throwing around terms such as "fake news." That is often used as a way to deny the facts, or flat out deny reality. For example, many people even now claim that COVID-19 is not real, or that it is not serious. See, these people saying that, for example:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/pol…dees-michigan-ctn-vpx.cnn

• To make it clear flu vaccines often do not work. Two years ago only 30%, what is nothing.

And as I said above, several times, the reasons for that are abundantly clear and every single authoritative website explains them. Every expert will tell you why flu vaccines sometimes fail, but other types of vaccines fail only a few times per million doses. You are doing just what I described above:

When the experts explain why influenza vaccines do not work as well as other types, that is not proof the experts know what they are talking about; it is proof that all vaccines fail at the same rate as influenza vaccines. . . . When the W.H.O. and other mainstream organizations describe this problem in detail in web pages available to anyone, that does not mean they are revealing the facts; it means they are covering them up.

Up is down and black is white in your world. The experts are right and you say that proves they are wrong.

• Speaking of WHO experts, this is what the WHO recommended in 2019 for influenza epidemics and pandemics, from

https://apps.who.int/iris/bits…9241516839-eng.pdf#page=9

Note the last row : "Not Recommended in Any Circumstances"

The times they are a changin'

That is for influenza. I do not think contact tracing and these other measures would work for influenza. It is too common, and spreads too easily. In the U.S. there are 9 to 45 million cases of influenza per year. It would be impossible to trace that many cases.

Those recommendations do not apply to other diseases.

• Please look in the mirror!

Please do your damned homework. Every single source of information on influenza explains why the vaccine is not as effective as other vaccines. You ignore that, and ignore that, and ignore that, and you keep repeating the lies here about how that means other vaccines are equally ineffective. You should stop the bullshit.

Or do you not understand why influenza is different from other diseases? Are you really that ignorant of biology? If you can't tell why, and you sincerely think you are making a valid point here, let me advise you that you know nothing and you have no business making any comments in this discussion. You should bow out of it.

Also, this comment shows you do not have the slightest idea how technology and medicine in general work, and you are grossly illogical:

"No real expert says vaccines work. An expert explains you how it works and where the risks are."

As I said, this is like saying that airplanes sometimes crash, so airplanes do not fly. Showing that a technology or drug fails on rare occasions is not showing it does not work.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.