Covid-19 News

• What a coincidence THH

External Content www.twitch.tv
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• And just a little note to Team Google, please stop hacking into my computing systems I am way ahead of you and am on your side. I know you have been monitoring 'phishing' for cold fusion ideas for your own program of investigation into LENR but I will say this once and for all I am not a terrorist or have any such leanings.

What makes you think you are important enough to hack? This is paranoia grounded in narcissism.

The people at Team Google have not even bothered to confer with some of the leading researchers in the field. They seem incurious, and unwilling to do their homework. They are credentialed experts, yet I know more about some technical aspects of cold fusion than they do. I know this because I have met with them, and discussed the matter. There is no chance they are hacking the computers of crackpots such as you.

• What makes you think you are important enough to hack? This is paranoia grounded in narcissism.

The people at Team Google have not even bothered to confer with some of the leading researchers in the field. They seem incurious, and unwilling to do their homework. They are credentialed experts, yet I know more about some technical aspects of cold fusion than they do. I know this because I have met with them, and discussed the matter. There is no chance they are hacking the computers of crackpots such as you.

As you know Jed, they have no interest in that science.

• Utter bullshit. You don't seem to know the first thing about biology or evolution. EVERY TIME you accidentally poke yourself with a thorn, or scratch your leg on a rock or a stick, or get a splinter, you inject yourself with far more bacteria than any vaccine. That's how you get tetanus or any of a hundred other infections. It happens to people and animals every day. Yesterday I was gardening and I just noticed large scratches on my leg that bled -- that I did not even notice when it happened. If we were not evolved to resist the effects of that, no species would survive.

You're talking about superficial or merely subcutaneous wounds. Our bodies are indeed adapted for that. Potential infection can be sequestered, localized. But a wound that penetrates deeply into a well vascularized area like muscle is a different matter and can be lethal from an infection standpoint. In case anyone doesn't know, vaccines are (generally) injected deep into muscle for three reasons: 1) If it was only subcutaneous people would behold very ghastly local reactions. Meanwhile, the damage to deeper muscle tissue is out of sight 2) The vaccine substance is distributed relatively quickly to the rest of the body through the muscle's blood vessels 3) It is more convenient jabbing a needle into a muscle than injecting vaccines intravenously.

I don't mind needles, themselves. I usually give blood once a year. However, it doesn't take having a biology degree to see that vaccines are specifically fabricated to alter the immune response, and we still know relatively little about the immune system. It's complicated! For instance there is a reason the doctors are told not to vaccinate someone who might be fighting an infection. But what about infections that are subclinical? So : use at your own risk.

• Dr. John Campbell - Zinc

- a promising preventative, but too cheap

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Peak Prosperity - Censorship Is Out Of Control!

- pernicious, oppressive BIG TECH censorship in medicine and politics

• Vaccines work but the effect is not as good as you may think.

It's worth to quote teh conclusion of the paper::

Interpretation: Influenza vaccines can provide moderate protection against virologically confirmed influenza, but such protection is greatly reduced or absent in some seasons. Evidence for protection in adults aged 65 years or older is lacking. LAIVs consistently show highest efficacy in young children (aged 6 months to 7 years). New vaccines with improved clinical efficacy and effectiveness are needed to further reduce influenza-related morbidity and mortality.

• As expected. Cure is worse than the illness.

Japan: 15% raise in suicide deaths for August. May be 10 x more deaths than from CoV-19...

This analysis is wrong, and you are wrong. You do not know the first thing about the situation in Japan. This article says:

"Sociologists have long warned that the economic and social disruption wrought by measures to contain the coronavirus could cause more deaths than the pathogen itself."

The Japanese government has not taken any coercive measures to contain the coronavirus. There were brief shutdowns of some cities, lasting for weeks. The shutdowns were voluntary, and about a third of the population ignored them. Everyone in rural districts ignored them. (People I know did not even hear there were shutdowns.) Schools were shut for a month or so but they are all open. The economy has not suffered much, except for some sectors. Unemployment is up, but worker's comp has kept most people from dire consequences such as eviction.

The government has been active, and successful, with non-coercive steps such as testing, case tracking, and urging people to quarantine themselves. It pays for national health care, which has done a superb job. Surely, no one would say that testing, tracking and excellent hospital care are "worse than the illness"!

There are indeed widespread disruptions. There has been an increase in suicides and depression. But these things were all caused by the pandemic itself, not by the "measures to contain the virus." If no measures had been taken, the problems would have been far worse, because hundreds of thousands of people would have died, instead of 1,664.

All of the disruptions are caused by people acting on their own behalf. Individuals have decided not to go to karaoke bars, and not to travel. The government has not forced anyone to do anything. On the contrary, it has been trying to open things up, with vouchers for travel and hotels in the "Go To Travel" campaign.

So, the cure is not worse than the illness. There is no cure. There are only steps to keep the virus from spreading until a vaccine becomes available. These steps have been implemented, and they have prevented a catastrophe in Japan. They have not been implemented in the U.S., so we have had approximately 200,000 people die in vain, for no reason, and probably hundreds of thousands more who are brain damaged or will never be able to run or climb stairs again.

• Link for Jed regarding the efficiency of Flu vaccines. This study ist huge

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22032844/

Vaccines work but the effect is not as good as you may think.

Perhaps you have not been following the discussion. I have pointed out these facts about flu vaccines many times. Many, many times. Yes, they are not as effective as some other vaccines. This is because the influenza virus evolves rapidly, so new vaccines have been developed every year. There are many different strains, and the vaccines can only target 3 or 4. The patient may get another strain. All of this is well understood. There is now research that may lead to a vaccine that targets another part of the virus, common to all strains. This would last longer than a year; possibly for a lifetime. Many other vaccines last for a lifetime.

Fortunately, it appears that COVID-19 is more stable. It will not rapidly evolve. So, a vaccine should eliminate it everywhere, possibly driving it into extinction in humans. Not in bats, obviously.

I have pointed this out again, and again, and again, but the anti-vaxxer, anti-science brigades do not understand this, so they keep pointing to flu vaccines and saying they prove that vaccinations do not work.

• As you know Jed, they have no interest in that science.

That is not true. The people at Google are superb scientists. They did an excellent job in many ways. But, as I said, they are strangely incurious and unwilling to talk to cold fusion researchers, or read the literature. They know far more about chemistry, physics and instruments than I do, yet I know more about the nuts and bolts of many cold fusion experiments than they do. Knowing some of those nuts and bolts can spell the difference between success and failure. Some problems are surprisingly simple, but if you don't know about them, it makes no difference how much other stuff you get right; you will still fail. For example, you should not let CO2 from the air contaminate heavy water.

Let me speculate about their mindset. Perhaps I misread them, but I have a sense they are infected by the attitude that cold fusion researcher are deluded fools. This attitude is widespread among scientists, as everyone knows. The people at Google certainly do not feel that way consciously! They respect cold fusion researchers. They take the research seriously. They would not have attempted to replicate if they did not believe that the results are probably real -- if not certainly real. Yet they are strangely dismissive. Perhaps they are unaware of their own attitude.

I think there have been similar situations in the history of science and technology, in which experts dismissed the work of people they considered amateurs. Rocket scientists and aviation experts paid little attention to Robert Goddard, because he seemed like an amateur, and he was a loner and a somewhat arrogant know-it-all. He did not suffer fools gladly, and the fools resented him for it.

• That is not true. The people at Google are superb scientists. They did an excellent job in many ways. But, as I said, they are strangely incurious and unwilling to talk to cold fusion researchers, or read the literature. They know far more about chemistry, physics and instruments than I do, yet I know more about the nuts and bolts of many cold fusion experiments than they do. Knowing some of those nuts and bolts can spell the difference between success and failure. Some problems are surprisingly simple, but if you don't know about them, it makes no difference how much other stuff you get right; you will still fail. For example, you should not let CO2 from the air contaminate heavy water.

Let me speculate about their mindset. Perhaps I misread them, but I have a sense they are infected by the attitude that cold fusion researcher are deluded fools. This attitude is widespread among scientists, as everyone knows. The people at Google certainly do not feel that way consciously! They respect cold fusion researchers. They take the research seriously. They would not have attempted to replicate if they did not believe that the results are probably real -- if not certainly real. Yet they are strangely dismissive. Perhaps they are unaware of their own attitude.

I think there have been similar situations in the history of science and technology, in which experts dismissed the work of people they considered amateurs. Rocket scientists and aviation experts paid little attention to Robert Goddard, because he seemed like an amateur, and he was a loner and a somewhat arrogant know-it-all. He did not suffer fools gladly, and the fools resented him for it.

cold fusion is likely not the only research in this forum

again

I'm shore you know that.

• Wyttenbach maybe the hacking was from the NSA or GCHQ - but it seems to have stopped now and I no longer have to spend half an hour for my e-mails to register (like having to hack into my own e-mails). On the COVID side, dexamethasone looks very promising after a clinical study here for reducing the inflammation in the lungs once patients are intubated. So add it to Anti-Bat once serious symptoms arise in the acute phase? :)

• Official Post

Solidarity trial finds no joy in antiviral drugs

Interim results from the World Health Organization’s highly anticipated Solidarity trial appear to show that none of the four repurposed antiviral drugs tested have a meaningful effect in reducing COVID-19 deaths, the need for ventilators or the duration of hospitalization. The trial investigated remdesivir, hydroxychloroquine, a lopinavir–ritonavir combo and interferon beta-1a. The randomized study was conducted in 405 hospitals across 30 countries and involved 11,266 people. “The unpromising overall findings from the regimens tested suffice to refute early hopes, based on smaller or non-randomized studies, that any will substantially reduce inpatient mortality, initiation of ventilation or hospitalization duration,” say the interim results.

There had been encouraging findings from other large clinical trials of remdesivir earlier in the year. The drug’s maker, Gilead, told the Financial Times that “the emerging data appear inconsistent with more robust evidence from multiple randomised, controlled studies validating the clinical benefit of [remdesivir]”.

The WHO’s findings mean that the cheap and widely available steroid dexamethasone is the only drug to have been convincingly shown to reduce deaths among people seriously ill with COVID-19.

• You do not know the first thing about the situation in Japan. This article says:

Jed: You are borderline! My wive is Japanese from Tokyo .

There are no tourist allowed in Japan not even Japanese citizens are allowed to fly home without quarantine. Bullet trains are filled 1/3.!!!!!

May be you should, from time to time, read some new papers...

• Jed: You are borderline! My wive is Japanese from Tokyo .

Then it is a shame you know nothing about Japan. But I have met several people married to Japanese people who knew nothing about Japan.

There are no tourist allowed in Japan not even Japanese citizens are allowed to fly home without quarantine. Bullet trains are filled 1/3.!!!!!

Yes, tourists and all other foreigners are barred, but that has little effect. Japanese citizens are tested at the airport. If they are positive they are hospitalized. If not the authorities ask them to self-quarantine but I know some who did not. Bullet trans are filled 1/3 because people are afraid of getting the disease. Not because of anything the government has done. On the contrary, it is trying to persuade people to travel with the the "Japan Go To Travel" campaign. I do not think that campaign is working well. People blame it for the spike in cases.

May be you should, from time to time, read some new papers...

I watch the NHK news.

• Covexit News and Analysis - Dr George Fareed Interview - Part 2

- Confronting bureaucratic obstacles and hostility

Drug repurposing: Researchers find existing medications may fight coronavirus infection

https://medicalxpress.com/news…oronavirus-infection.html

Virtual and In Vitro Antiviral Screening Revive Therapeutic Drugs for COVID-19

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/acsptsci.0c00131

Drbeen Medical Lectures -

What Vitamin D Level Reduces The Risk of Death From COVID-19? A New Study From Boston University

- Optimal level of vitamin D

- More bureaucratic obstructionism

• Yes, tourists and all other foreigners are barred, but that has little effect.

Of course 100 Million tourists have no impact... 50% less trains personal needed has no impact. 80% less flight/airport personal needed no impact. Restaurant restrictions have no impact.

Did you read the figures of the Japanese economic decline ? Max be only listen is not so good for the memory...

OK: You will say else its worse... But for Japan the "cure" is worse...

We had > 3000 cases/day. Would be 120'000 for USA but deaths/ICU cases are at least 20x lower than everywhere else. A lot to learn for future pandemics. I hope it will go up to 10'000 then the story is over after 7 weeks!

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.