Covid-19 News

• Did you read the figures of the Japanese economic decline ?

You are missing the point. The economic decline is caused by the pandemic, not by the government's response to it. The cure is not worse than the disease. This article is wrong. The economic decline would be far worse if the government were as inept as the U.S. government.

• This article is wrong. The economic decline would be far worse if the government were as inept as the U.S. government.

I agree that most of the cure comes from the outside but still the title works as we live in a global city. Every victim is one to much. CoV-19 is a wake up call for many people that lost any feeling for live/nature - health.

The Japanese population is "lucky" as they faced two strong waves of classic corona the last 3 years before CoV-19. My wive got it from her brother. She was down for almost 4 weeks, one week the second time. This did help her this year to come around the first infection within a few days. I'm lucky. I had to many coronas so far and I always take Sutherlandia on first signs - even in Japan.

• This explained why dexamethasone is a working treatment. Notice the interaction with vitamn D.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3196110/

Abstract

Calcitriol, the active form of vitamin D, in combination with the glucocorticoid dexamethasone (Dex) has been shown to increase the antitumor effects of calcitriol in squamous cell carcinoma. In this study we found that pretreatment with Dex potentiates calcitriol effects by inhibiting cell growth and increasing vitamin D receptor (VDR) and VDR-mediated transcription. Treatment with actinomycin D inhibits Vdr mRNA synthesis, indicating that Dex regulates VDR expression at transcriptional level. Real time PCR shows that treatment with Dex increases Vdr transcripts in a time- and a dose-dependent manner, indicating that Dex directly regulates expression of Vdr. RU486, an inhibitor of glucocorticoids, inhibits Dex-induced Vdr expression. In addition, the silencing of glucocorticoid receptor (GR) abolishes the induction of Vdr by Dex, indicating that Dex increases Vdr transcripts in a GR-dependent manner. A fragment located 5.2 kb upstream of Vdr transcription start site containing two putative glucocorticoid response elements (GREs) was evaluated using a luciferase-based reporter assay. Treatment with 100 nm Dex induces transcription of luciferase driven by the fragment. Deletion of the GRE distal to transcription start site was sufficient to abolish Dex induction of luciferase. Also, chromatin immunoprecipitation reveals recruitment of GR to distal GRE with Dex treatment. We conclude that Dex increases VDR and vitamin D effects by increasing Vdr de novo transcription in a GR-dependent manner.

• JedRothwell I recommend to read the literature on the efficacy and safety of vaccines, especially on how host factors strongly influence vaccine efficacy and how the T-cells which were previously viewed as the hallmark of the adaptive immune system are now viewed as critical in the regulation of the innate immune system. And please do not listen naively to what the mainstream says about vaccination, in the same way you advocate lenr-canr to have an informed opinion on LENR. You can start with the studies mentioned in this article (note: VitD is here just taken as an example):

https://illuminateketaminecent…fective-than-flu-vaccine/

A vaccine typically works if the host has a well working responsive immune system. Therefore priority should be given to the latter, less to the former, or at least vaccination should go with the promotion of a healthy immune system (e.g. test for markers of the immune system, such as VitD, Zn, Se, Mg together with a CBC, provide recommendations to support the immune system, and then only vaccinate the person). I would go even further to vaccinate the person only as a last resort because more and more evidence exists that if the host has a well working responsive system, then the utility of vaccination itself becomes questionable.

• You can start with the studies mentioned in this article (note: VitD is here just taken as an example):

https://illuminateketaminecent…fective-than-flu-vaccine/

Interesting article, at first glance, although hard to find the mentioned studies when the references have been removed.

Also, the author has some ‘history’:

The medical watchdog site Quackwatch has criticized Mercola for making "unsubstantiated claims [that] clash with those of leading medical and public health organizations and many unsubstantiated recommendations for dietary supplements."[9] Of Mercola's marketing techniques, oncology surgeon David Gorski says it "mixes the boring, sensible health advice with pseudoscientificadvice in such a way that it’s hard for someone without a medical background to figure out which is which."[10]

Phyllis Entis, a microbiologist and food safety expert, highlighted Mercola.com as an example of websites "likely to mislead consumers by offering one-sided, incomplete, inaccurate, or misleading information."[19]

In 2016, Mercola agreed to pay up to $5.3 million restitution after federal regulators complained that he made false claims about tanning beds that he sold.[20]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Mercola

• The evidence for adding dex (dexamethasone) to our anti-bat collection of antivirals seems pretty good if as Fm1 has revealed the biochemical mechanism of up-regulation of D3 receptors, thus making D3 more effective. Similar synergistic actions between HCQ, Ivermectin, Zn, D3 and antibiotics azithromycin, clarithromycin or doxycycline are also to be expected from their known individual sites of action, coupled with other antivirals remdesivir and avigen. Supplemented by quercitin, sutherlandia, nigella, angelica and sceletium etc. When will the WHO realize the potential of a complete Anti-bat therapy? All they have is weak evidence that nothing works based on a large number of clinical trials wherein these drugs were trialled only in isolation and not in combination and hence rejected because of lack of statistical significance. And furthermore most of the WHO study was based on patients in an advanced state of COVID symptomatology before any of the therapies were trialled. When are they going to begin to have some common sense and stop thinking with their bank balances?:)   

• I've started into that reference paper and it is fascinating and informative!

There is no authorship or date given with the 'original' overview article at youngofficial.com. Now I'm wondering if Dr. Mercola himself wrote it!

• Open letter from medical doctors and health professionals to all Belgian authorities and all Belgian media.

"We, doctors and health professionals, wish to express our serious concern about the evolution of the situation in the recent months surrounding the outbreak of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. We call on politicians to be independently and critically informed in the decision-making process and in the compulsory implementation of corona-measures. We ask for an open debate, where all experts are represented without any form of censorship. After the initial panic surrounding covid-19, the objective facts now show a completely different picture – there is no medical justification for any emergency policy anymore.

The current crisis management has become totally disproportionate and causes more damage than it does any good.

We call for an end to all measures and ask for an immediate restoration of our normal democratic governance and legal structures and of all our civil liberties."

• Edit: Um what he’s a Democrat? My head just exploded.

Yes. The party welcomes weirdos. I mean diversity! It welcomes diversity!

“Yes, I surfed that crowd! To the haters - stay mad!

What does this mean? Here is how I parse it. This is what I suppose these people think:

1. COVID-19 is not real, or the threat of it is exaggerated. It is fake news.
    2. Masks and social distancing are not needed. Masks don't even work. That is what Trump himself said.
    3. People who want us to wear masks are "haters," because they know that masks don't work and their real goal is to curtail our freedom.
    4. We enjoy defying these people and making them angry. We do this by gathering in large crowds without masks and by crowd-surfing.

I myself am angry at them because they are a threat to public health. A threat to me, and to other people. If they were only risking their own lives I would be much less upset. It is a free country and if you want to smoke cigarettes or go "free soloing" cliff climbing without ropes, that's your business. It is like the difference between driving without wearing a seat belt (risking only yourself), and driving drunk (risking innocent drivers in other cars).

• If they were only risking their own lives I would be much less upset. It is a free country and if you want to smoke cigarettes or go "free soloing" cliff climbing without ropes, that's your business. It is like the difference between driving without wearing a seat belt (risking only yourself), and driving drunk (risking innocent drivers in other cars)

Yes, it is interesting that this tension between individual freedom and societal safety is a classic left/right thing. In the case of seatbelts - after a law change in the UK - everyone settled down to doing the thing that saves ones own (and passengers, if they wear them) lives pretty quickly. No real enforcement needed, just a few adverts pointing out how bad you'd feel if you killed your wife / child / etc. But, without that law, no-one would have done it. Now everyone except a few idiots accepts seatbelts as being sensible safety, and no-one quarrels with the law.

I'd guess that in the US (at least some states) there would be a big fuss about freedom if there were such a law. And less justification for it too, because the state pays less when people have auto accidents - but it still pays because ERs are free.

Now consider wearing masks or social distancing. There is much more reason to make wearing these mandatory, because they have a much larger effect on other people's health - and also on the economy. While COVID rates stay high, one way or another, the economy will not flourish. If everyone wears masks R is lower and the measures needed to keep rates low are less severe.

And yet, in the US, there is strong resistance to removing people's freedom not to wear masks. Not surprising, there is similar resistance to removing people's freedom to kill each other with guns despite massive evidence that you are less safe from criminals in societies with guns (where home-owner and criminals have and use them, but criminals often win) than in countries without guns, where few criminals (certainly not the common or garden burglars) have them. Guns, as defence, are good only if others don't have them. As in many non-zero-sum games, if everyone has guns, then everyone is worse of. And societies without widespread gun use, where using guns in act of robbery etc vastly increases sentences, have fewer deaths. It is still a horrible experience being burgled - but not a fatal one.

In microcosm we see the same formula here at schools with knives. Children are put under a lot of pressure to carry knives "for defence". And they do it because they are scared. Yet, it is well known, when a child is attacked by another child with a knife, by far the safest position to be in is not to have a knife yourself. Not easy to convince children of that, but it is possible.

Anyway, just as freedom to carry knives or guns goes with a tragedy of the commons, where if everyone does it society becomes more violent, and rightly everyone feels less safe, so freedom not to wear masks impacts the whole of society including the wearer if done by most people.

And it is the same equation with vaccination. If enough people get vaccinated everyone becomes much safer. Yet individually, if everyone else is vaccinated, and therefore the disease level is low, there is little risk to not being vaccinated.

So there is a balance between freedom and safety in any society, and you can understand people will naturally and properly have different positions in how much they value the two things and therefore what they think is the proper balance. The right wing arguments tend to ignore these "tragedy of the commons" arguments where what everyone does has such a big effect, even though the individual effect is more difficult to see.

In the case of masks, as many members of the White house are now realising, even on an individual level wearing masks can be pretty obviously important.

Trump's rallies without masks or distancing are not a good example of people exercising their right to God-given freedom. They are a sign of people so misunderstanding cause and effect that they do something individually and collectively very harmful. rather like people running around shooting bullets at each other. Maybe they will all miss. Much more likely, if the crowd is big, not. you'd need the median age of Trump ralliers and a few other things to work out how many bullets in this case are likely to hit.

if we could somehow quarantine all Trump supporters on an island it would matter only to them, they could have a super-spreading event, 0.5% would die, and that would be that. Alas they live in the community and here the bullet analogy breaks down. those wounded but not obviously so go on firing invisible bullets into the people around them for about a week.

I'm quite interested; do we have anyone here who would justify holding such events?

THH

THH

• What does this mean? Here is how I parse it. This is what I suppose these people think:

COVID-19 is not real, or the threat of it is exaggerated. It is fake news.

Masks and social distancing are not needed. Masks don't even work. That is what Trump himself said.

People who want us to wear masks are "haters," because they know that masks don't work and their real goal is to curtail our freedom.

This is true. I was in a builders merchants two months back, and some contractor guy starts ranting all of the above at me. His opening gambit was “Wot u wearing that mask for?”

On the way out I realised the correct answer would have been “So people don’t mistake me for an idiot”.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.