Takahashi: Enhancement of Excess Thermal Power in Interaction of Nano-Metal and H(D)-Gas

• Official Post

The temperature of the gas pipe, which is welded to the flange whose temperature is measured by TC4, depends both on the ambient air temperature (which is stable at 25 °C) and on the convective heat exchange coefficient with the ambient air, the value of which, on the contrary, is by no means constant, because it varies considerably with the air speed, which in turn depends on the ON-OFF status of the AC unit.

Thermotechnic is far outside your area of expertise. Even farther than kindness and fairness

Ascoli65, in order to better understand your point, can you provide a numerical exercise such that would allow, to those who disagree with you, to better visualize the magnitude of the potential error in the calorimetry that could, as you point out, be induced by this heat exchange coefficient variation caused by the AC air circulation?

• in order to better understand your point, can you provide a numerical exercise such that would allow

Ascoli refers to a pic.

A detailed conventional layout of equations

showing all assumptions is required..

such as the airconditioner cycle.

the kind of heat transfer that Ascoli purports is a a fiction

like moisture in calcined fuel

full marks for persistence ..zero marks for intelligibility

• Official Post

RobertBryant, I am asking him to dress his hypotechical scenario with numbers as a way to bound the potential impact on the results. It seems to me that its impact is of not enough magnitude or even worthy of consideration. But in order to be able to affirm that, I think a numerical exercise can be helpful.

• Official Post

I also don't recall seeing if the pipe which Ascoli65 claims is being affected by the AC air speed, is insulated or not. If is insulated, then his concern has no ground on reality. If is exposed to air, then one can see if the change he claims is of high enough magnitude to affect the TC4 reading.

• I think a numerical exercise can be helpful.

As long as it isn't a pic and is intelligible..easily.. with ALL assumptions stated

Ascoli is in the business of obfuscation.. not intelligibility in my experience

when I analysed his flimsy hypothesis on Mizuno's alleged fudging of the calorimetry

the way the hypothesis was expressed was barely intelligible..

with a mixture of words and pics

and the statistical refutation of that hypothesis took considerable time..

• Ascoli65, in order to better understand your point, can you provide a numerical exercise such that would allow, to those who disagree with you, to better visualize the magnitude of the potential error in the calorimetry that could, as you point out, be induced by this heat exchange coefficient variation caused by the AC air circulation?

It's not a matter of calorimetry, intended as estimate of excess heat. This point was not included in the criticisms to my assertions, to which I replied with the jpeg posted yesterday. The criticisms were only about the capability of AC to produce oscillations in the TC4 curve and the presence of moisture in the fuel.

As for excess heat, it seems premature to me to take an interest in it, as long as doubts persist on the correct interpretation of the TC4 signal. In particular, the downward peaks along the TC4 curve can be easily explained as the consequence the on-off cycling of the AC unit, with no needing to invoke any AHEs of nuclear origin, as instead was reported in the Takahashi presentation at JCF20.

I also don't recall seeing if the pipe which Ascoli65claims is being affected by the AC air speed, is insulated or not. If is insulated, then his concern has no ground on reality. If is exposed to air, then one can see if the change he claims is of high enough magnitude to affect the TC4 reading.

The gas pipe welded to the upper flange of the reaction chamber is not insulated. It is exposed to the air jet coming from the AC unit.

The rate of cooling during the downward peaks of TC4 is quantitatively compatible with the possible increase of heat exchange with air due to AC operation, as shown here: The NEDO Initiative - Japan's Cold Fusion Programme .

• Official Post

well, so you are not concerned about AHE, but as Cydonia correctly pointed out, the evidence of excess heat has grown from 0.1 w/gram of nano composite powder to 5w/gram, making your concerns or lack thereof, redundant.

• as long as doubts persist

the doubts only persist in Ascoli delusions.

and will continue to persist

because the course of these delusions

is long and tortuous

interspersed with many assertions

as has been demonstrated on this forum

a 50C oscillation in temperature of a flange or TC4

cannot be explained by aircon..

Try suggesting to an electrician that

aircon is causing a 50C oscillation in top element of the electric oven

in the kitchen... and only the top element..

• a 50C oscillation in temperature of a flange or TC4

cannot be explained by aircon..

After two bottles of Vodka - good Russian measure - the bubbles in your eyes start to grow and all sort of chitter will flow out of your fingers.

The true question is: How much nonsense the admins do tolerate inside a serious technical thread. What about a hidden bird flying in Takahashi's lab??

• I agree with Wyttenbach on this-Takahashi's work is brilliant and these doubts and worries about one of their thermocouples showing anomalous dips is just splitting hairs - they are hot on the trail of CF and doing excellent work as far as I can judge.:)

• anomalous dips is just splitting hairs -

Takahashi et al are probably still scratching their heads

about this one....

I think Takahashi still has hair to scratch..

They suggested turbulence

A 50C drop in temperature in a small chamber where deuterium is entering the main reaction zone

is difficult to explain by turbulence..

I think Wyttenbach has postulated the involvement of the dense hydrogen formation in this zone

• there are 3 teams that I know who work or have worked on powder ways, Takahashi, Team "Google", Team "France".

They all had more or less similar results and encountered the same difficulties.

The team around Iwamura is a big structure supplied by Japanese state funds, they do nothing at random, so I ask Ascoli65 to share his background in order to know if his contradiction could be relevant.

However, be aware that Rossi is way ahead and from the beginning, like it or not here. He's not a genius, no, never, but, yes, he was lucky from the beginning, during his first experiments with powders, his second chance was to have known someone complementary to him, in the person of Focardi.

I wouldn't say more ...

• No no nkodama..1989? Genesis 1.1 Au début, Rossi a créé LENR?

For Dr Takahashi the beginning was a crisis in the Gate of Heaven..in1989

In March-May 1989 after the F-P big claim of cold fusion,

I was skeptical. However, the Tienanmen Crisis in Beijing China gave me a chance to get involved in cold fusion research.

At that time I was busily involved in the DT fusion blanket neutronics project the US, Japan and China were collaborating on. Suddenly, the project was suspended due to the Tienanmen Crisis and I had some free time.

My expertise was in neutron physics experiment since 1965. If cold fusion is real,

the F-P heavy water electrolysis should emit 2.45 MeV neutrons by d-d fusion as Steve Jones of BYU claimed.

This was the common sense effect that mainstream nuclear physics people (I was one of them) would look for.

https://coldfusionnow.org/akit…-samples-and-bigger-heat/

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.