Covid-19, Your health and that of your community

• "So it is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause." (Padme Amidala)

Regarding "confinement" in France: just as the Chernobyl radionuclides had not stopped at the french border, the coronavirus will not stop with this stupid "confinement".

Yes, it would have been necessary to interrupt two months ago the flights from China which vomited contaminated passengers every day at Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport. (Including several direct flights departing weekly from Wuhan Intl. Airport!)

Yes, it would have been necessary to close the borders of our country from the start of the year, and obviously to give up hosting at Lyons thousands of contaminated Turin football supporters 3 weeks ago!

In this regard, why this outbreak of cases in northern Italy? According to an Italian doctor colleague with whom I spoke this afternoon, it seems that there is a very large Chinese community in Milan, working in the fashion and clothing business. They are quite successful. They went to New Years celebrations in China, and they came back with the virus.

We must of course respect the confinement stupidly imposed by the government, so as not to add disorder to incompetence, while knowing that this confinement is of absolutely no use: the patients who run to hospitals were contaminated there are two weeks ...

Politicians are spinning like autumn leaves in the wind! Of course, it was necessary to maintain the first round of municipal elections: voters had no risk of contaminating themselves by touching a new ballot and signing the electoral lists with their own pen!

I am amazed to see how easily people are ready to give up their basic democratic rights: The right TO VOTE or to be free to walk and go as they please.

I must remind you that even during the German occupation, you could walk during the day in the towns and villages of France. At night, it was curfew, of course, but during the day, it was the sweet French life.

In the past, young people were cut down by grape-shot in the maquis, patriots were pressed against a wall with a black fabric on the eyes, women and men were piled up in cattle wagons in the direction of Buchenwald so that we have the right to slip a ballot paper an envelope in the ballot box. Those who canceled the second round are irresponsible of the french municipal elections and they will be held accountable.

The risk that you will be contaminated by going shopping by handling sticky coins or tickets or by typing your code on the sticky rubber keys of a blue card reader is a thousand times greater than by touching a ballot paper!

And as far as the risk of being contaminated by walking in the sun is concerned, this risk is NULL!

As after a nuclear accident, our country is permanently contaminated by CORONAVIRUS. The country is feverish and the government has chosen to bring it to its knees economically. The only reasonable thing to do was to use the Churchillian language of the English Prime Minister who promised "Blood And Tears" to his people: "You must prepare for the loss of many loved ones" he announces wisely and frankly.

I wish you to stay healthy you and your families. If you run out of hydroalcoholic gel, cheap perfume like "cologne" is very effective too. But do like me: use right after moisturizing hand cream to avoid chapping. Dakin's liquid is very effective, but it stains the tissue, so I don't recommend it. (It's dilute bleach)

And watch out for paracetamol, which will kill more people than the virus. Prefer aspirin. And avoid secondary infections with antibiotics or thyme teas with honey. Honey contains powerful natural antibiotics, but very little known. That’s why it doesn’t ferment, and it never gets moldy (fungi). It’s sugar, though, and it should ferment. On the other hand, if you heat it, the antibiotics are destroyed, and it ferments very quickly: this gives mead. In Brittany, mead is distilled, and the alcohol obtained is added to undistilled mead to give a delicious traditional alcohol: "Chouchen". It has relatively low alcohol content, but is particularly psychotropic.

I hope we will all be there to toast at the next "ICCF 23" and before that we can drink a bottle or two of vodka on the shores of the Black Sea this summer. (The “Presidient” vodka is excellent.)

• I give up for now. Refuting idiots is an unpleasant game. If you follow the mostly moronic advice you read here from the usual suspects and on innumerable other forums, you may get what you deserve. The smarter ones here won't believe advice unless it's accompanied by credible evidence. The rest... well... you may find out to your sorrow that drinking some sort of herb tea or similar silliness won't compensate for unnecessary exposure and poor hand cleaning and other precautions.

google-it.jpg

Sort of like pissing against the wind.

• ......fine, all these precautions are fine screening, quarantining washing your hands regularly - but the bottom line is these measures will not save you if you are in a high risk group. My son has reduced kidney function (Since birth due to NHS negligence at the time) and is in this high risk group. He recently returned from Israel became I'll with fever symptoms and was then called by a Rabbi he was studying with closely that he had been tested positive for COVID-19. He is now selfi isolated in his flat in London ill, without any support, and his GP has advised him not to take any dodgy medicine that came from Pakistan or India. Chloroquine which should have been available in the NHS by now. I'm sure you must all by now have relatives or friends facing this dilemma right now. Makes it kinda personal now, don't you think?

• ......fine, all these precautions are fine screening, quarantining washing your hands regularly - but the bottom line is these measures will not save you if you are in a high risk group. My son has reduced kidney function (Since birth due to NHS negligence at the time) and is in this high risk group. He recently returned from Israel became I'll with fever symptoms and was then called by a Rabbi he was studying with closely that he had been tested positive for COVID-19. He is now selfi isolated in his flat in London ill, without any support, and his GP has advised him not to take any dodgy medicine that came from Pakistan or India. Chloroquine which should have been available in the NHS by now. I'm sure you must all by now have relatives or friends facing this dilemma right now. Makes it kinda personal now, don't you think?

Yes

• Dr Richard I hope and I think your son will do well.

his GP has advised him not to take any dodgy medicine

Well, Pakistan, I know nothing about. Probably best avoided. But India has an "FDA" and medicines approved in the US are often manufactured in India. So while it would be a last resort, medicine from India is not necessarily a bad gamble in an emergency. Hydroxychloroquine often used in the USA is made by Teva which is an Israeli company. It is currently on back order with the two companies I checked with which are medical supply specalists (Schein and McGuff) in the US.

FYI, I have ordered hydroxychloroquine from http://24x7globalmed.com/categ…il%20(hydroxychloroquine) Note that you search for the brand name: Plaquenil. Previously, I purchased chloroquine from this source and received it (60 tabs, blister packed) in about two weeks. It seemed to NOT be counterfeit. If it was counterfeit, it was a very elaborate one. Same with the web site (look at the source code). Still, using the drugs from here would be a last resort which can very well happen. Previously, I posted photos of what I received. I can do it again if anyone wants.

I also order Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) from : https://excelpharmacy.com/product/plaquenil.html which I think (not sure) is also in India. This is recent and I received acknowledgement and tracking but no merchandise as yet. Be careful out there. This is information, not recommendation!

Another thing, Malwarebytes sees the site as a possible "pharmascam" so you if you use this or a similar site blocker, you have to override. Also, the site says it's secure but the browser says it's not. That's because it uses an obsolete security (I read this somewhere-- don't know what it means). What I do know is I received a reasonable looking product.

One more thing. Some banks (too few, I suspect) allow you to create a virtual credit card for on line purchases. This looks onscreen like an ordinary credit card with all usual features including CVV code. But you can limit the amount it can allow. And it can only be used by one merchant. This is a really nice thing. The most the merchant can steal from you is what you allow for the purchase and the credit card number and data are all worthless to a thief. I use the version by Citibank. I don't know of other availability.

If you think the above is helpful, you may want to print it.

Edited for typos

• Official Post

https://www.connexionfrance.co…nce-Nice-sets-up-a-curfew

Nice mairie told Connexion it is "just waiting for the approval of the préfecture" of the Alpes-Maritimes, which should sign the (curfew) decree tonight. It is therefore expected to be in place tomorrow (Saturday) night.

It follows on a decision to close access to the beach and the popular Promenade des Anglais, where many residents go to run every day.

Only medical staff and social workers who visit vulnerable people or other "vital workers", including certain transport workers such as taxi drivers, will be allowed to be out from 23.00 to 5.00 each day after until the order is lifted.

Lights in the city will also decrease in intensity to deter people from being outside and “send a signal” to residents to stay home.

• Video can be followed at 2 speed.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

Dr Swartz has asked me to post this, an interesting and worthwhile use of your computer's spare time- a bit like the SETI project I think, but this one has helped to identify useful drug treatments for some difficult maladies.By joining in you can help out with identifying treatments for the current pandemic.

The Folding@Home project started back in 2000 and has helped with, and identified, drug therapies for Alzheimer’s and Huntington’s disease, HIV and influenza. IF you have computing power, consider adding on.

Takes less than a quarter of a microcentury (~14 minutes) to read up, install, and log in.

Coronavirus And Folding@Home; More On How Your Computer Helps Medical Research

https://hackaday.com/2020/03/2…r-helps-medical-research/

Join Team Hackaday To Crunch COVID-19 Through Folding@Home

https://hackaday.com/2020/03/1…d-19-through-foldinghome/

Installer

https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/installation-guides/

Alternative Download Sites

https://foldingathome.org/alternative-downloads/

Mitchell

• Tonic water has sold out at our local tescos, I luckily stocked up before. Nothing wrong with taking a range of antiviral compounds to boost your chances of avoiding the infection there's the 20 mg quinine in tonic water , Echinacea (a plant extract used to prevent colds and flu), licorice (allsorts), coconut oil (Laurie acid and monolaurin have antiviral activity) We are taking all of this in the hope of having some prophylactic effect but if we develop a fever or cough symptoms then it's onto the hard stuff 100 mg chloroquine with 30 mg Zn citrate. Any other remedies apart from Mitchell Swartz''s idea which would have us all rolling drunk?

• Cloth masks made of gauze and cotton are washable. They are much better than nothing, according to Japanese health officials. The Japanese government is distributing one to every citizen.

My wife has been making them with a sewing machine. Unfortunately, she ran out of elastic band. There is none left at Walmart. I went on Amazon and found out that all elastic band is made in China. An inset photo from one maker shows a woman wearing a mask. The vendor wrote this plaintive message:

"Attention please: We will send it 3-5 days after you complete your order. But now is a special period, there will be a delay in logistics, and the expected delivery time is 20-30 days. If you cannot receive this delivery time, please do not place an order. Thanks for understanding. Pray for the great American people to get through this crisis as soon as possible."

This seems emblematic of the whole situation.

• Tonic water has sold out at our local tescos, I luckily stocked up before. Nothing wrong with taking a range of antiviral compounds to boost your chances of avoiding the infection there's the 20 mg quinine in tonic water , Echinacea (a plant extract used to prevent colds and flu), licorice (allsorts), coconut oil (Laurie acid and monolaurin have antiviral activity) We are taking all of this in the hope of having some prophylactic effect but if we develop a fever or cough symptoms then it's onto the hard stuff 100 mg chloroquine with 30 mg Zn citrate. Any other remedies apart from Mitchell Swartz''s idea which would have us all rolling drunk?

licorice

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12814717

me I just got some quinine tablets in. I think you can still get them or powder through Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Quinine…officinalis/dp/B07DHZY1VR

• My wife has been making them with a sewing machine.

for those that might want to try.

me, I got my masks the second week of Jan.

One look at the genetic sequence and I started prepping. …. what can I say, have a PhD in molecular biophysics.

and military training in WMD. I get scared easily.

https://parade.com/1012729/jessicasager/how-to-sew-a-face-mask-to-overcome-the-shortage-during-coronavirus-pandemic/

Proverbs 14:16 The wise are cautious and avoid danger; fools plunge ahead with reckless confidence.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

https://spectator.us/consider-costs-coronavirus/

Not all that well of a written article, although her points are valid. A little too late to have this discussion IMO. The war has begun in earnest, and everyone has opted for the "social distancing/isolation" -accomplished by shutting down much of the economy, to fight the enemy. Too late to turn back now.

After this war is won, and before the next begins. will be the time for the world to iron out how much we weigh a normally functioning economy, against X numbers of lives. At what number of projected deaths, is the decision to shut down the economy justified? Sounds heartless, but she makes some good analogies as food for thought.

• Quinine is not innocuous:

Cinchonism can occur from therapeutic doses of quinine, either from one or several large doses. Quinidine (a Class 1A anti-arrhythmic) can also cause cinchonism symptoms to develop with as little as a single dose.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinchonism

For practical purposes, you can not get cinchonism from quinine water. But you certainly can from tablets or powders.

IMPORTANT WARNING:

Quinine should not be used to treat or prevent nighttime leg cramps. Quinine has not been shown to be effective for this purpose, and may cause serious or life-threatening side effects, including severe bleeding problems, kidney damage, irregular heartbeat, and severe allergic reactions.

From: https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a682322.html#why

Also, there is no convincing evidence that quinine will prevent or treat COVID-19 infections.

• .....no direct evidence until research is done. but look at the similarities in chemical structure. Maybe the main metabolites of chloroquine,N-desethyl chloroquine could be effective without the adverse side effects.

Pharmacokinetics of Chloroquine and Monodesethylchloroquine in Pregnancy

Harin A. Karunajeewa, Sam Salman, Ivo Mueller, Francisca Baiwog, Servina Gomorrai, Irwin Law, Madhu Page-Sharp, Stephen Rogerson, Peter Siba, Kenneth F. Ilett, Timothy M. E. Davis

DOI: 10.1128/AAC.01269-09 ArticleFigures & DataInfo & Metrics PDF

ABSTRACT

In order to determine the pharmacokinetic disposition of chloroquine (CQ) and its active metabolite, desethylchloroquine (DECQ), when administered as intermittent presumptive treatment in pregnancy (IPTp) for malaria, 30 Papua New Guinean women in the second or third trimester of pregnancy and 30 age-matched nonpregnant women were administered three daily doses of 450 mg CQ (8.5 mg/kg of body weight/day) in addition to a single dose of sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine. For all women, blood was taken at baseline; at 1, 2, 4, 6, 12, 18, 24, 30, 48, and 72 h posttreatment; and at 7, 10, 14, 28, and 42 days posttreatment. Plasma was subsequently assayed for CQ and DECQ by high-performance liquid chromatography, and population pharmacokinetic modeling was performed. Pregnant subjects had significantly lower area under the plasma concentration-time curve for both CQ (35,750 versus 47,892 μg·h/liter, P < 0.001) and DECQ (23,073 versus 41,584 μg·h/liter, P < 0.001), reflecting significant differences in elimination half-lives and in volumes of distribution and clearances relative to bioavailability. Reduced plasma concentrations of both CQ and DECQ could compromise both curative efficacy and posttreatment prophylactic properties in pregnant patients. Higher IPTp CQ doses may be desirable but could increase the risk of adverse hemodynamic effects.

There are few affordable antimalarial drugs that can be used safely in pregnancy. The efficacy of one of these, chloroquine (CQ), has been compromised by the widespread development of Plasmodium falciparum resistance. However, due to a lack of suitable alternatives, CQ is still widely used in pregnant women, either alone or in combination with other drugs such as sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine (SP), while it remains the drug of choice for Plasmodium vivax in most countries (13, 21, 34). Although the physiologic changes of pregnancy can alter drug disposition through increased plasma volume, increased clearance, and altered protein binding (15), there have been only three relatively small published studies of CQ pharmacokinetics, from which only limited conclusions can be drawn (9, 21, 23).

Detailed antimalarial pharmacokinetic studies of pregnant women have been identified as an urgent priority, both for optimization of acute treatment and development of new intervention strategies such as intermittent preventive treatment in pregnancy (IPTp) (29). We have, therefore, assessed CQ disposition in pregnant Papua New Guinean (PNG) women and a matched group of nonpregnant female controls. In order to maximize the clinical relevance of our data, we utilized a long (42-day) sampling period (32), measured simultaneous plasma concentrations of the active metabolite of CQ, desethylchloroquine (DECQ) (6), and incorporated both CQ and DECQ in the development of pharmacokinetic models.

Pretty safe in pregnancy then?:)

• Also, there is no convincing evidence that quinine will prevent or treat COVID-19 infections.

Starting Tuesday, the state of New York will test it in thousands of patients. So, if it works, there will soon be convincing evidence. A double-blind test is needed when a drug has only a marginal effect. When it has a dramatic effect, you can tell by looking at patients who recover quickly or who do not die despite their age. For example, when penicillin was invented, the effects of it were obvious and there was no need for double-blind testing.

Granted there are therapies that doctors think work well, which may not actually work much. Stents and bypass surgery for heart disease may be in this category. I do not know the clinical details at all, but the statistical evidence calls these techniques into question for some groups of patients. A double-blind test might resolve this, but it can also be determined by looking at patients who get the treatment and those who do not. See:

https://med.stanford.edu/news/…ts-not-always-needed.html

If you say "there is no convincing evidence, so we cannot be sure it will work," you are right. That's important to remember. But, if you say "there is no convincing evidence so let's not try it, and let's not have the doctors in New York give it thousands of patients immediately" you are misguided. This is an emergency. It is the worse pandemic in 102 years. We must try everything, even when there is a risk.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.