Covid-19, Your health and that of your community

• Interesting Korean Doctor interview.

At 15 minutes he talks about the

importance of wearing masks.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

invention.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Doctor with CV.

• Official Post

Just had an interesting experience, that is not something we Americans are accustomed to. Left my state of Florida., and returning today I was funneled off the Interstate (Highway), into a maze of Florida State Police cars, and some emergency response agency vehicles, until stopping at a checkpoint. Was asked if I had been to Louisiana, or New York. After answering no, I proceeded on.

Both Louisiana/New York are now "COVID Hotspots", and Florida is a popular vacation destination for their residents. The reason for the roadblock/inspection, was to determine if travelers came from those two states. I assume those who said "yes" were tested in some way? Disturbing to me, and to be honest, I did not like it.

I am starting to feel like this fellow writing in the Daily Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/de…ken-economy-crippled.html

The gov. of New York is keen to restart the economy with people who have recovered from the coronavirus. He wants to start a large program testing for antibodies. If they show you had the disease, you are cleared to go back to work. Maybe they will issue bracelets? Or hats? I do not know if the antibody test is available yet, but reports say it soon will be

T-shirts? (eBay, wouldn't ya know?)

corona-virus-t-shirt-tshirt.jpg

• Fareed Zakaria, GPS, on CNN today interviewed the prime minister of Singapore. Highly intelligent and diplomatic man. Singapore has sixty [ETA:actually six, correction thanks to RobertBryant] million citizens, fairly tightly packed in this city-state. And so far, just 3 deaths from COVID-19 and they do extensive testing so it's not from ignorance of cause of death. Lots to think about and to learn.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/…-learn-from-singapore.cnn

proprietary video. 7 minutes plus a short but obnoxious ad.

• Shibuya crossing pretty busy at 6 pm local time- but much less busy than normal. Go full screen and you can see almost everyone is wearing a mask.

On NHK they interviewed people on the street during the partial weekend shutdown. You could see there were fewer people than usual. A shopkeeper said his business was down 60%. I would have closed everything.

There was a spike of around 200 cases, for two days, 400 total. I think about 100 came from two known locations, a hospital and nursing home. A lot of people are saying that over the 3-day holiday, people let down their guard, and the public needs to be more careful again to prevent these spikes. They are worried about explosive growth and untraceable cases.

• does that mean you cannot get reinfected?

that is still a good question. not really sure

but there are multiple reports that seem to indicate that you have a 10% chance of being re-infected.

however, I take the reports as not fully reliable since most are coming out of China who uses less than perfect testing

• Official Post

On NHK (Japan Broadcaster) they interviewed people on the street during the partial weekend shutdown. You could see there were fewer people than usual. A shopkeeper said his business was down 60%. I would have closed everything.

My grandchildren are pissed they closed one of the two main ice-skating venues and restricted the others to 45minute sessions.

• that is still a good question. not really sure

but there are multiple reports that seem to indicate that you have a 10% chance of being re-infected.

however, I take the reports as not fully reliable since most are coming out of China who uses less than perfect testing

The Asian Boss video with the South Korean Doctor was excellent and I interpreted him saying that there WAS a case of re-infection,

so still unsure.

Also, after your body is producing its own antibodies, are you still infectious, can you still pass along the infection to others?

Assuming you had Covid 19 and your symptoms were mild enough to avoid hospitalization, and now your body is showing antibodies, does that mean you cannot get reinfected?

Are the antibodies enough to prevent that

For this nasty little bugger?

Has this been established?

With most infections, if you have a good level of antibodies to the infecting agent, you are either completely immune or much less likely to contract the disease again and if you do, it will be much less severe than the first time. This, of course, is the "anamnestic or immune response" of the body to an antigen and is the basis for vaccination. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immune_response .

Far as I can tell, the degree of immune response to COVID-19 is considerable but the exact parameters are yet unknown. Part of the problem is the lack of sufficient testing and data for being actively infected (RT-PCR) and test for those who have recovered (immunoglobulins). I am pretty sure we will find out about that in a few months in part due to ongoing studies in which patients are treated with antibodies derived from the blood plasma of recovered people.

Also, after your body is producing its own antibodies, are you still infectious, can you still pass along the infection to others

I don't know about that but real time PCR from nasal swabs is reasonably reliable in determining infectivity (especially if you do more than one on separate days). Two or three consecutive negative swabs mean you are not shedding virus. They also mean it is a very low probability that you are harboring virus. And a self-swabbing process has been developed along with a small machine which provides results in 15 minutes. When these are deployed, they should help reduce the epidemic. I am afraid that may not help the under-developed countries as soon or as much as it does the more affluent and technological ones.

• They also mean it is a very low probability that you are harboring virus.

There is at least one report that says that other coronaviruses can "hid" in the nervous system.

That would make it harder to detect with swaps

Coronavirus infection of the central nervous system: host-virus stand-off.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16415928

It is now being investigated if the loss of smell be due to the attack on nerves in the nose.

• Many thanks to SoT, Dr. Richard, oldguy and others for taking the time to make me smarter.

Please continue commenting on above as new data becomes available, i find it extremely interesting and look for new info daily.

But what else am I gonna do, quarantined with my wife of 40 years?

Nope.

• 46 years here.

do you play chess? I have enjoyed email games. I get to talk to people all over the world that way (if they want to).

You learn a lot of "behind the curtain" things from places like Italy.

https://www.chess-iecc.com/

Enjoy playing chess oldguy, many brothers, cousins, friends etc. play.

When I graduated from college, I went right to work at a mechanical engineering firm,

and was fortunate enough to meet an older engineer, Russian Jewish immigrant, who was a marvelous player.

His mannerisms were so different and unique I found myself watching him and almost giggling during our games.

After I would make a move he would scratch his chin and say, “If this is the case”.

Wonderful man, funny, smart, a little goofy, but we played at lunch almost weekly.

Congrats on 46 years btw, 67 for my parents, Truly amazing.

• Here in Atlanta, several hospitals have asked skilled seamstresses to sew cloth covers for N95 masks. The N95 masks are supposed to be used only once, but there is a shortage, so they are being cleaned. The cloth covers extend the life. The covers are laundered. These covers are shaped like the mask and include filter pockets and an inset for a nose wire. Children's Healthcare wants 10,000 of them.

So, my wife is cutting and stitching away with a sewing machine that is as old as I am. But it still works!

https://www.sewingmasksforatlantahospitals.com/

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.