Covid-19, Your health and that of your community

• It would take too long but basically your inference is wrong. Virtually everything you post is wrong or you draw the wrong conclusions. Statins emphatically do not cause dementia and they certainly do reduce initial and repeat myocardial infarctions (heart attacks).

SOTTY: You obviously don't like people that disturb your false positive view of live!

You also obviously do not understand how the pharma mafia works. At most 50% of the studies they do get published and are presented e.g. to FDA the rest is locked away. This is why meta studies that include pharma paid studies are of absolute no value.

It started with contergan , then Viox, opiates and now it turns out that the biggest cheat ever were statins. You are absolutely right if you do a one year study with statins - this reduces hart attacks, but this is what they have done do convince FDA only. If you do long time studies then the statin induced heart attacks (uncovers inflammation in blood vessels) take over also the induced diabetes II, dementia, liver & kidney problems especially in patients with high blood pressure medication. Thus independent long time studies show that statins are of absolute no value for normal people. Only in rare cases with a gene defect there is some reason to prescribe them!

It's my hope that the producers of statins once get the same punishment as seen in the viox case.

What we can learn: All new medication is only safe after we have at least 5-10 years experience. From this point of view hydroxy-chloroquine and Azithromycin are safe as they are in use since way more than 10 years.

• Trump on distancing (satire - but undoubtedly and apolitically true):

Issuing a new distancing guideline on Wednesday, Donald Trump said that he was now practicing distancing from all of his previous statements about the coronavirus.

“As of today, I will be keeping a great distance between myself and anything I said about covid-19 in the months of January, February, and March,” he said. “I will be staying at least six feet away from those statements, and probably more like ten thousand feet.”

Trump said that he could not predict how long his new practice of distancing would continue, but indicated, “Next week, I will probably be distancing myself from things I said this week. This could go on for a long time.”

He urged all Americans to distance themselves from his previous statements, as well. “If you’re watching CNN or MSNBC and they start showing things I said in February, leave the room immediately,” he advised.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the esteemed virologist, expressed approval of Trump’s new policy. “Personally, I have been distancing myself from his statements for months,” he said.

• The reported overdoses of HCQ in France and Lagos are worrying because it is preventing availability from pharmacies. Everyone knows about the toxicity of paracetamol which is freely available just about everywhere. Anything above 4g per day or 75mg/Kg is regarded as an overdose. The therapeutic dose of chloroquine base for malaria is by comparison only 10mg/Kg for the first day followed by 5mg/Kg amounting to a maximum total of 2.5g over three days. So if we exclude hypersensitive patients with allergies or arrhythmias the toxicity of HCQ or CQ is greater than paracetamol at 20 mg/Kg per day with doses of 30 mg/IKg becoming increasingly fatal. That's 2.1 g for an average weight of 70 Kg, accounting for the fish cleaner poisoning. The prophylactic dose is much lower amounting to 10 mg/Kg over seven days around 1.3 mg/Kg per day. We know that this long-term term prophylactic action vs malaria parasite Plasmodiun sp is due to intracellular concentration up to 1000X extracellular or serum levels 10 nM up to therapeutic 10 uM levels as in vitro within red blood cells resulting in heme accumulation to toxic levels killing the parasite. The question arises whether such an intracellular level of 10 uM would be sufficient to block the SARS Cov-2 virus. It would if it's sole action were intracellular via blocking RNA dependent RNA viral polymerase, but it's likely that other proposed mechanisms blocking virus entry via ACE-2 receptors may become more important as viral loading increases. By which time once symptomatic we need the 10uM extracellular concentration as the clinical studies seem to suggest. Much more research is needed.

• A Doctor recommends Wim Hoff

breathing exercises.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

https://bdnews24.com/world/202…ke-its-own-toll-on-health

" researchers say history shows that responses to a deep and long economic shock, coupled with social distancing, will trigger health impacts of their own, over the short, mid and long term:

Domestic violence programmes across the country have cited increases in calls for help, news accounts reported – from Cincinnati to Nashville, Portland, Salt Lake City and statewide in Virginia and Arizona. The YWCA of Northern New Jersey, in another example, told Reuters its domestic violence calls have risen up to 24%.

Special needs students “benefit the most from highly structured and customized special education,” said Sharon Vaughn, executive director of the The Meadows Centre for Preventing Educational Risk at the University of Texas. “This means that they are the group that are most likely to be significantly impacted by not attending school both in the short and long term.”

“Sadly, I think there is a good chance we could see twice as many suicides over the next 24 months than we saw during the early part of the last recession,” Reeves told Reuters. That would be about 20,000 additional dead by suicide in the United States and Europe.

Local health departments run programmes that treat chronic diseases such as diabetes. They also help prevent childhood lead poisoning and stem the spread of the flu, tuberculosis and rabies. A severe loss of property and sales tax revenue following a wave of business failures will likely cripple these health departments, said Adriane Casalotti, chief of government affairs with the National Association of County and City Health Officials, a nonprofit focused on public health.

Rises in unemployment during large recessions can set in motion a domino effect of reduced income, additional stress and unhealthy lifestyles. Those setbacks in income and health often mean people die earlier, said Till von Wachter, a University of California Los Angeles professor who researches the impact of job loss. Von Wachter said his research of past surges in unemployment suggests displaced workers could lose, on average, a year and a half of lifespan. If the jobless rate rises to 20%, this could translate into 48 million years of lost human life.

Young adults entering the job market during the coronavirus suppression may pay an especially high price over the long term."

• Can patients on hydroxychloroquine

catch Coronavirus?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yes, apparently but this anecdotal evidence would suggest recovery is quick. Just what Dr Ban ordered with Zn, Cu Doxy or Azm supplements. So I was wrong about prophylactic low doses being appropriate - we need the full monty - suggesting the anti-ACE receptor binding action outweighs the RNA polymerase inhibitor action. ie we need 10 uM extracellular, unlike for malaria treatment. But this is just one of two cases....

• External Content youtu.be

• Sam, it won't be complete until you take repeated plunges into the cold waters of northern Ontario. I'm sure there's got to be some bodies of water near where you live :)

(A recent Medcram video was describing studies where alternating hot and cold exposure boosted production of monocytes, killer immune cells - the very thing that is inhibited when infected with Sars-CoV2 )

This procedure is also good for circulation! The dilation and contraction of the cardiovascular smooth muscles close to the skin due to water tempurature extremes is quite invigorating.

https://www.womensrunning.com/…-showers-with-cold-water/

https://www.stack.com/a/contrast-shower

• I hope to light a candle in the window tonight in solidary and concern for India. They haven't had a lot of cases yet but I am afraid what would happen if it gets a foot hold in India. I could be millions if they don't stop it before it goes exponential https://www.foxnews.com/world/…mps-banish-darkness-virus

We can light a lot more than candles with what we know on this forum! I hope this symbol shines through the windows of souls observing in India, as we know the mental is intimately connected to the bodies efforts in defending itself!

• We can light a lot more than candles

yes, without hope, people quite trying. Many people don't understand the science and they need something they can see to keep them going, to help them be willing to sacrifice a little of their freedom for a while to help others.

Perhaps it is just "window dressing" but that is what gets some people in the door.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.