Covid-19, Your health and that of your community

• India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Africa, Malaya, Phillipines, S. America - all have far fewer COVID-19 cases or deaths than Italy alone. Thank God for anti-malaria drugs! being effective against COVID19. Worry about the deve!oped world sinking into recession and anarchy the third world seems to be coping just fine. The WHO just can't understand why cases are so few particularly after previous N1H1 pandemics wiped out 50 million mainly in these countries - yes I' ve e-mail mailed them too but no reponse. :(

• DR John McDougall would shake things up.

Has a bit of a cold.Hope he is ok.

Video can be followed fast speed.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yes, apparently but this anecdotal evidence would suggest recovery is quick. Just what Dr Ban ordered with Zn, Cu Doxy or Azm supplements. So I was wrong about prophylactic low doses being appropriate - we need the full monty - suggesting the anti-ACE receptor binding action outweighs the RNA polymerase inhibitor action. ie we need 10 uM extracellular, unlike for malaria treatment. But this is just one of two cases....

Earlier you recommended Avigan (Favipiravir). But where and how can a physician prescribe and a patient find a pharmacy for this drug? It doesn't seem to be commercially available at all at least in the US.

• India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Africa, Malaya, Phillipines, S. America - all have far fewer COVID-19 cases or deaths than Italy alone. Thank God for anti-malaria drugs! being effective against COVID19.

I wish! The reason developing/underdeveloped countries aren't yet swamped with COVID-19 cases are multifold. First, they do practically no testing so they never pick up mild or asymptomatic cases. Second, many cases will be relegated by casual medical workers to run of the mill pneumonia because a) there is not widespread vaccination against bacterial pneumonia and b) there are no adequate numbers of facilities for culturing sputum. Finally, the virus has not fully taken a foothold there yet. But with every case having the potential of infecting 2 to 4 more, it will. Sadly. And the toll could be beyond horrible. Perhaps antimalaria drugs help a little. The conclusive evidence for that is entirely lacking which never seems to stop Dr Richard from spouting stuff.

• I wish! The reason developing/underdeveloped countries aren't yet swamped with COVID-19 cases are multifold. First, they do practically no testing so they never pick up mild or asymptomatic cases. Second, many cases will be relegated by casual medical workers to run of the mill pneumonia because a) there is not widespread vaccination against bacterial pneumonia and b) there are no adequate numbers of facilities for culturing sputum. Finally, the virus has not fully taken a foothold there yet. But with every case having the potential of infecting 2 to 4 more, it will. Sadly. And the toll could be beyond horrible. Perhaps antimalaria drugs help a little. The conclusive evidence for that is entirely lacking which never seems to stop Dr Richard from spouting stuff.

In addition, the age profile (for most such countries) is skewed towards young people: in many of these countries there are many fewer old people, and therefore many fewer noticed cases - and as above, those are often not picked up.

So many differences here that using lower case rates in these countries as proof of anything is impossible.

• I think that sampling the population to understand what fraction have or have had the virus is the next stage. Tests that allow this seam to be ready soon and then we will have much clearer understanding on how severe hit this virus has on our wallet and life. There is a curious fact and that is that different action from the authorities have yielded pretty much the same response. This together with indication that 4 out of 5 seam not to have any symptoms may mean that a higher fraction of the population that we might think have or already have had the virus e.g. more cases has been under the radar. If this is true then less people will die, less worries and the economy can start going quite soon. As an example experts in Sweden calculate that at end of April beginning of May half of the Swedish population will have had the virus and then can start working again and start the economy. Maybe the virus is more virulent then expected but with less teeth then expected, simply that. Anyway I'm a computer lover and overweight and spend my days working and walking now (I live in a calm area where walking has no hazards regarding virus spread). The plan is to get better lung heart and bode strength as I believe that is more important than being skinny, if one encounter the virus.

• Scotland’s chief medical officer, Catherine Calderwood, has quit after facing intense criticism

for breaking her own rules to twice visit her second home during the coronavirus outbreak.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk…vice-catherine-calderwood

Maybe she she should change the rules..

We went to the beach yesterday

3 family members plus a dog

NSW state rules: maximum stranger group S=s+s ... n=2

but family group (F= f+f+f..) is unrestricted.. +d??

F+s ? .. maximum s=1

When S=1 then things are getting really bad.

• I think that sampling the population to understand what fraction have or have had the virus is the next stage. T

Conquering and ending the epidemic, at least in developed countries, will require fast, inexpensive self-testing, preferably at home without a lab. That is to determine who is infectious. But immunoglobulin blood testing will be used to establish who is probably immune and that will be used to reconstruct the work force, especially in health sciences. The usual testing and case tracing and isolation/quarantine will reduce new cases. And finally, hopefully, an effective vaccine will build so-called herd immunity. This was essentially Bill Gate's message of what one can expect for the year to one year and a half to come. At some point, therapeutics will also help but that probably won't be what ends it.

• New Zealand radio jockies

encouraging PM Ardern to physically punish her Minister of Health for going mountain biking.

the problem was not isolation..but the possibility of burdening the hospitals with an accident

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

If only walls could speak, we would hear similar stories played out all over the world, as leaders grapple with how to deal with this faceless enemy an irresponsible Chinese communist government unleashed on the world.

That said, we do have to deal with it, and how our leaders respond will make or break political careers, and in some cases governments. I do have to say though, that so far, none have arisen to the occasion better than the grand old lady from England did today. Makes me sorry those Brits treated us colonialists so badly. We would have made such a good team.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.