Halting nuclear warfare.

• This idea may be rational; but, its implementation itself is irrational if that makes any sense; but, since Mutually Assured Destruction is essentially a suicide pact, so I digress.

I already sent this to xrisk and CSER but I believe that it needs to be known on a larger scale. I spent a month fixated and analyzing this idea just to make sure it's full-proof, which nearly drove me insane.

Essentially the following idea prevents a first-strike policy from ever occurring due to the absolute manner of the deterrent. Furthermore, it solves in an elegant manner the problem of Mutually Assured Destruction, and the irrational and highly dangerous issue of brinkmanship among nations.

------------------

I have discovered a dangerous idea that may tip the balance of power too much. My greatest hope is that this idea never becomes realized, yet, even if it does it would maintain a balance of power between nations.

It has come to my attention that a nuclear silo that is 1 mile or less deep or an impenetrable deep underwater nuclear silo, would be undetectable and impenetrable along with being secret from even the parties building it.

Such an idea would guarantee a balance of power between nations and even guaranteed Mutually Assured Destruction if that is what all parties desire.

I sincerely hope this can be discussed among officials as to never, in a deterministic (game theory is essentially deterministic) and non-recoverable manner, be implemented.

-------------------

Thank you.

• Official Post

It has come to my attention that a nuclear silo that is 1 mile or less deep or an impenetrable deep underwater nuclear silo, would be undetectable and impenetrable along with being secret from even the parties building it.

Yeah, they may be undetectable, but they may as well be detectable for all they are worth. For the 1 mile deep buried silo, a conventional munition would easily damage the shaft, and no launch. And I have never heard of an underwater silo. Certainly if shallow enough, they could go through a lot of expense to build one, but why? No need anyway, as a submarine is already "undetectable", and they approach the surface before firing.

This thread has to show more substance, and some kind of link to alternative energy/LENR, or it will be deleted. This is definitely not the place to talk nuclear bombs, and MAD.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.