Chernobyl and nuclear resonance.

• Official Post

It is certainly true that analysis of fuel rod fragments post explosion showed unexpected isotope distributions. This can be found in the literature, for example here:-

Isotopic Composition of Uranium in Lava-Like Fuel-Containing Masses from the Fourth Block and Radioactive Fallout of the Chernobyl NPP Service Area November 2002Radiochemistry 44(6):621-625

https://www.researchgate.net/p…hernobyl_NPP_Service_Area

• We should not engage in any speculative discussion about the Tchernobyl accident.

The cause of the accident is known in almost all details and it's well documented. During night time the chief engineer started an off specification test that needed a manual shutdown of the control system. Basically at the end of the test the communication between the engineer and the control room did lead to a misunderstanding may be the control room personal did read the wrong instruments.

The main reason was that after the experiment ended the reactor did not get to full power at the known pace. Thereof the engineer told to move (lift) the control bars out again. Effectively the reactor did already run at full steam and the manual lifting caused a sudden out of control reaction because the reentry of the control bars failed due to thermic deformations.

The cause is simple. Human failure. But the question is: Did the control room give the wrong information or was it reading the wrong instrument. Or more naive: Did the engineer have to much Vodka and misunderstood what the control room cabled him???

Thus: No room for LENR etc. phantasy except for human miss conduct or miscommunication.

• It is certainly true that analysis of fuel rod fragments post explosion showed unexpected isotope distributions. This can be found in the literature, for example here:-

Isotopic Composition of Uranium in Lava-Like Fuel-Containing Masses from the Fourth Block and Radioactive Fallout of the Chernobyl NPP Service Area November 2002Radiochemistry 44(6):621-625

https://www.researchgate.net/p…hernobyl_NPP_Service_Area

I think this is all one needs to know in regards to abnormal nuclear resonance in the reactor prior to the explosion. I don't think there's any harder evidence, than perhaps a US spy satellite at the time that passed over the area.

• The cause of the accident is known in almost all details and it's well documented.

The chain of events and all decisions made, yes. But, the fact that anomalies like those pointed out by Alan, are intriguing. Besides, it is well known that fuel rods often experience resonance; although, in my opinion the amount of it was so high in Chernobyl that caused or led up to the massive explosion in my opinion.

• The chain of events and all decisions made, yes. But, the fact that anomalies like those pointed out by Alan, are intriguing. Besides, it is well known that fuel rods often experience resonance; although, in my opinion the amount of it was so high in Chernobyl that caused or led up to the massive explosion in my opinion.

As said the control bars were out and couldn't be brought back again. What happened afterward is just speculation as an explosion was unavoidable anyway. Nobody will run this test again ...

• As said the control bars were out and couldn't be brought back again. What happened afterward is just speculation as an explosion was unavoidable anyway. Nobody will run this test again ...

So, if I may be so bold. What is your opinion about nuclear resonance? Seems Superior to using moderators to control the fission process.

• What is Compound Nucleus and what is Resonance?

There is no difference between the compound nucleus and the nuclear resonance.

The compound nucleus is the intermediate state formed in a compound nucleus reaction. It is normally one of the excited states of the nucleus formed by the combination of the incident particle and target nucleus. If a target nucleus X is bombarded with particles a, it is sometimes observed that the ensuing nuclear reaction takes place with appreciable probability only if the energy of the particle a is in the neighborhood of certain definite energy values. These energy values are referred to as resonance energies. The compound nuclei of these certain energies are reffered to as nuclear resonances. Resonances are usually found only at relatively low energies of the projectile. The widths of the resonances increase in general with increasing energies. At higher energies the widths may reach the order of the distances between resonances and then no resonances can be observed. The narrowest resonances are usually the compound states of heavy nuclei (such as fissionable nuclei) and thermal neutrons (usually in (n,γ) capture reactions). The observation of resonances is by no means restricted to neutron nuclear reactions.

https://www.nuclear-power.net/…sonance-compound-nucleus/

[...]

Simple stuff. Wonder why we don't really exploit the mechanism behind nuclear resonance. :/

• you don't believe in Rossi, you don't support Axil anymore who doesn't make controversy, which remains positive in all circumstances, you speak now also about the director.

In fact, you always talk about others but never about yourself.

You are only the spectator from existence of others.

If you are really an actor, what are your ideas, your contributions?

Share them, please, Darling :)

Who said I was an actor, or that I made contributions? I could make contributions to productizing the software if one of the technologies proves to work, that is about it.

Anyone who believes in Rossi is an idiot at this point, in my humble opinion, unless, like someone mentioned earlier he starts copying Mizuno or someone else.

Maybe it is a personal flaw of mine but I really can't stand people who either pretend, or maybe honestly think, that they know more about a subject than almost everyone else, unless they really do.

This is the definition of hubris, particularly when they claim something like LENR is so simple, just a matter of "tuning", or when they throw around cut and pasted fringe golbledygook.

One common trait of these people is they have no real practical experience in actually creating anything tangible or testable. Usually they do no math, just word salad and always inventing or stealing related buzzwords.

I like to believe I know my own limits. I know way less about physics than many people here, having only a lapsed bachelors in EP.

I read these pages to learn more from the people who do. But I find myself distracted and lead off path by the postings of this small minority.

It takes time to decipher the giberish and figure out who is basically full of it.

I like to read the contributions of people like Jed and Alan and Wittenbachand Robert Bryant and SOT and THHuxley etc etc, even though I don't agree with everything they say and sometimes some of them piss me off :)

• The "Lochak Transition" is the equivalent of the excitation of an electron in a higher level of energy by a photon.

But in the case of the "Lochak Transition", it is a neutrino which is excited, and this neutrino becomes a "magnetic monopole". (picture) It should be noted that the monopoly retains the direction of the incident neutrino, which would pave the way for precise neutrino astronomy using “tabletop devices”, unlike the current large neutrino telescopes, like "Antarès" or "Icecube".

Perhaps we could trace all nuclear reactors on Earth, including mobile reactors.

In the vicinity of an operating nuclear reactor (such as Chernobyl's No. 2 reactor), or in the vicinity of a recently shutdown reactor, the neutrino flux is very large.

If we “pump” these neutrino to the monopole state, for example by an MHD effect, these monopoles will stop themselves in the matter, and by effects which go a little beyond my theoretical skills, they will accelerate beta decay .

However, it turns out that delayed neutrons are emitted at the time of beta decay of short-lived fission products. If we put the MHD device between two nuclear reactors, one of which has been shutdown for a short time, we will form two monopole jets. (This MHD device can be a specially designed device, or a simple accidental electric arc) The two monopole jets will stop inside the reactors and produce two "puffs of neutrons". (Since beta decays of short-lived FPs will be stimulated.) Short-lived FPs are very rich in neutrons, and each beta emission is accompanied by one or more neutrons. On the running reactor, the effect will be negligible because the controls rods are in place. But on a shutdown reactor under xenon effect, control rods up , the effect could be catastrophic.

I never succeeded in observing this effect, by exploding metal wires using a plasmoid generator, but I had few short-lived FPs at my disposal. (Spontaneous FPs of Americium)

On the other hand, in the immense mass of a reactor, the effect of these "monopoly showers" could be very significant.

• Fascinating stuff David!

I wonder if you could just create fuel rods in a simplistic and elegant manner that would elicit this in a scaled down manner. One with enriched Uranium, the other, with something like spent fuel??

• Perhaps we could trace all nuclear reactors onEarth, including mobile reactors.

OK, I just read this, and think I understand the implications. No more nuclear secret localities, right?

Wow!

Nuclear subs, no more. Secret nuclear enrichment, no more, nuclear proliferation that can actually be implemented through perfect knowledge, wow!!!

• OK, I just read this, and think I understand the implications. No more nuclear secret localities, right?

Wow!

Nuclear subs, no more. Secret nuclear enrichment, no more, nuclear proliferation that can actually be implemented through perfect knowledge, wow!!!

I was thinking the same thing, then thought... then neutrino shielding and manipulation will eventually result...leading to more neat stuff...

• If military reactors (like on submarines) can be found by neutrinos, then a lot of resources will be directed to find how to shield neutrinos.

Conspiracy theory: Neutrino shielding is next to impossible unless they aren't completely massless as they aren't. Hence you can estimate some things about their origin or even distance from the detector to the source...

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.