Is my favourite Youtube explainer - experimenter about to play with fusion?

• "Tech Ingredients" is getting excited about REBCO tape, and this video has him explaining (very well as usual!) how he made his plasma tube setup.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The above video has him playing with N2, O2 and helium gases. But I suspect his next video will be involving hydrogen gas and magnets and possibly the REBCO tape.

Where will it lead?

He says he reads all his comments, and I mentioned the aureon.ca video in the comment section. With the selfish hope he may be nudged to future experiments in that direction :)

• Very interesting video. I encourage you all to do hands-on experiments on plasma tubes. After a few weeks, the notions of "Faraday dark space", "Crookes dark space", "negative light", "positive column" will no longer hold any secrets for you and you will be able to avoid experimental errors when you will design your next experiments.

You can do very useful experiments with cheap equipment. For example, you can recover glass tubes from old fluorescent lighting tubes. It is easy to remove the fluorecent coating with acid:

• The above video has him playing with N2, O2 and helium gases. But I suspect his next video will be involving hydrogen gas and magnets and possibly the REBCO tape.

Where will it lead?

REBCO tape is superconductive at relative high temperatures (e.g. in liquid nitrogen).

Wiki mentions: "The superconducting tape may be the key to a tokamak fusion reactor design ".

In the video he talks about magnetic confinement of (Deuterium/Tritium) plasmas, so maybe he aims to use REBCO for that purpose.

He doesn't seem to be aware of CPA lasers.

Those can have petawatt ultra short pulses that have a much higher repetition rate than the few pulses a day he mentioned in the video.

• He doesn't seem to be aware of CPA lasers.

Those can have petawatt ultra short pulses that have a much higher repetition rate than the few pulses a day he mentioned in the video.

Yes. It's very puzzling why he says at 7:25 that the required large lasers "cycle at 2 or 3 pulses per day", when the pulse repetition rate for lasers can easily be in the kHz range and above.

• The second instalment video on fusion from Tech Ingredients is now up. This one primarily has to do with Z pinch. Basic at the first but it builds up nicely.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I saw one of his replies to a comment, and it's apparent that he doesn't think LENR is possible:

"A plasma ball might be fun, but low energy fusion has no reasonable principle to support it. Did you know that the nuclear strong force that holds a single proton and neutron together is 5,000 newtons?"

Oh well no one's perfect.

• Or LENR exothermic results are really something wholly electromagnetic and most of it isn't proton/neutron bond shuffling based! Wondering if elements of these DIY plasma and jet engine experiments could be incorporated into hydrogen energy experiments.

• He seems to have done a great job in hiding his identity. No clues that I can find. Wouldn't it be a gift if he chances upon anomalous energy doing his future plasma experiments, and followed it where it led ...

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.