Austrian vocational school gives technical support to LENR Cars SA / Switzerland

• Hello Community,

I am a teacher at a technical vocational school in Austria.

Since I accidentally "stumbled" on LENR in October 2017, the topic has never left me.

The fate of the two researchers Dr. Fleischmann and Dr. Pons was already known to me before, but I was not aware that research in "cold fusion" or LENR has still been going on.

I started researching and read myself into this extensive topic.

Over time I noticed that there is a "gap" between research and implementation / prototype design and manufacturing. I had the impression that many independent "small" researchers probably do not have enough options e.g. in metalworking ,(e.g. CNC turning, CNC milling, TIG welding, 3D CAD modeling, ...) prototype design and manufacturing.

We got in touch with LENR Cars SA (CEO: Nicolas Chauvin) and offered our support.

Luckily LENR Cars had an existing design for a "reactor" for a planned experiment, which needed some improvement.

For our school it has been an opportunity to work on a quite unusal project and we made an optimized design proposal and

manufactured a few "reactors", so that LENR Cars is now able to better carry out their experiments.

Thanks to N. CHAUVIN to be able to help!

Please refer also to attached overview info on our project.

• gerold.s Very good to see this kind of support and cooperation.

Is my understanding correct that the prototyping is performed by the students and teachers of your school and that the operational experiments are performed by LENR-Cars's engineers outside the student environment?

Yes, this is correct. We did a small design contest with students and reviewed it together with lenr cars. We took the most promising design and detailed it in 3D CAD. A partner company manufactured the stainless steel flanges in their apprentice shop. Some teacher colleagues took care of TIG welding and MACOR machining. I personally handed the manufactured equipment over. We have not been involved in experiments. However we had some interesting findings like high temp. metal gaskets, or MACOR.

• Also interesting to observe in your presentation that LENR-Cars seems to have a cooperation with EPFL regarding the generation and characterization of Ultra Dense Hydrogen:

"The project can be divided in 3 sub-projects:

- Creation of ultra-dense hydrogen in a small device (need expertise in experimental physics, mechanics and electronics)

- Theoretical modelling of ultra-dense hydrogen (need expertise in quantum physics and computer simulation)

- Characterisation of ultra-dense hydrogen and its reaction products through particle detectors and a cloud chamber (need expertise in experimental and nuclear physics)"

• Nice to see someone taking Holmlid's pioneering work seriously and putting it into practice. To make UDD or H follow his instructions or collaborate with Norront Energy who are screening for better catalysts since KFeO2 has been problematic. Keep us updated on your progress!

• Unfortunatley I don't know if this is their plan. The reactor core is a 8/10 mm stainless steel tube. High temp. grade up to 1150°C. I think they use powder as fuel, but not sure.

The title of your project is "Optimization of an apparatus for creation and characterization of ultra-dense hydrogen – UDH – (ultra dense hydrogen)“.

Combining this with the EPFL project I would tend to think that this is not an energy reactor to produce the actual energy from UDH but this is rather part of an upgrade from the setup as seen on the webpage of EPFL regarding UHD developments. So, mainly aiming at the production of UDH.

However I don't see any Hydrogen provisions in this construction. So, I am a bit puzzled on what exactly this construction is used for. The only solution I see is that this is a module that can accept a small UHD reactor module as a kind of 'tube pill' that can be shifted into the central tube, which basically means this construction is mainly serving as a heat exchanger while the heater element could be used to temperature control the 'tube pill' as kind of a starting condition.

• The title of your project is "Optimization of an apparatus for creation and characterization of ultra-dense hydrogen – UDH – (ultra dense hydrogen)“.

Combining this with the EPFL project I would tend to think that this is not an energy reactor to produce the actual energy from UDH but this is rather part of an upgrade from the setup as seen on the webpage of EPFL regarding UHD developments. So, mainly aiming at the production of UDH.

However I don't see any Hydrogen provisions in this construction. So, I am a bit puzzled on what exactly this construction is used for. The only solution I see is that this is a module that can accept a small UHD reactor module as a kind of 'tube pill' that can be shifted into the central tube, which basically means this construction is served as a heat exchanger.

yes, correct we did optimize the existing design of the heat exchanger and especially found a new solution with the MACOR plugs on both sides which act as thermal and electric insulation for the heater unit. Inside the heater unit a ceramic tube is placed over the 10mm stainless steel tube (the reactor) which acts as insulation for the heater coil ( not shown in drawing). The heater wire is fed thru the MACOR plug on both sides. 2mm holes allow an AWG16 wire and thus more amps. This has also been a central project requirement, which could not be met so far due to space restrictions.

• I found a clue (LENR-Cars patent application including UHD components).

You might (partially) be right!

Yes, this is one of their patents. Unfortunatley I cannot go into details, because I simply don't know the concrete experiments what are planned to be done with our designed apparatus. But the schematic looks familiar to me....

"Method of producing of energy from condensed hydrogen clusters"

• Hi gerold.s

who funds it all ?

Lenr cars payed for the material and we covered our internal cost. For us it was of educational benefit, since it was an unusal project with special requirements like great heat resistant materials and components. So far we only dealt with metals. No one at our school has ever heared about MACOR including myself. I think machineable ceramics could play a vital role in future LENR projects, besides 3D printing in metal, ceramic or compounds.

• I found a clue (LENR-Cars patent application including UDH components).

At first glance reactors like described in this Patent Application have large commonality with the initial 'Andrea Rossi reactors'.
    The only addition is that now the 'primary' and secondary' materials have been described in more details and are now claiming the formation of Ultra Dense Hydrogen.

Meanwhile Andrea Rossi is very much aware of UDH (as he follows the publications of Leif Holmlid at ResearchGate).

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.