Cold Fusion News from Japan.

• Thanks Alan Smith.
    The work of Kozima has not had very much attention so far here at LF as far as I can see.

I haven't studied his work much in detail myself either. I intend to catch up.

Would be good to see the views of others here at LF on Kozima's work.

Looks like Kozima focusses on his own theory pointing at neutron energy bands.

I am looking for a simplified description of the basics of his theories. Any recommendations?

• Official Post

Thanks Alan Smith.
    The work of Kozima has not had very much attention so far here at LF as far as I can see.

I haven't studied his work much in detail myself either. I intend to catch up.

Would be good to see the views of others here at LF on Kozima's work.

Looks like Kozima focusses on his own theory pointing at neutron energy bands.

I am looking for a simplified description of the basics of his theories. Any recommendations?

That sentiment has been said here before. Kozima may be the biggest player in the field no one has heard about. Not sure why that is.

• Back numbers of this News until No. 107 are posted at the following pages of the CFRL Websites: http://www.kozima-cfrl.com/News/news.html/

That's unfortunately a dead link.

Only the ResearchGate overview seems up to date, the other links are dead or contain invalid links due to lack of maintenance.

I've asked Kozima for a few of his earlier publications regarding his model.

Maybe we can revive them at LF.

• I've asked Kozima for a few of his earlier publications regarding his model.

Maybe we can revive them at LF.

I have received the requested papers from Kozima but before posting them here I have a pending request to him to allow posting them at LF to discuss them. I will create a separate thread if Kozima agrees with sharing them here at LF.

• Official Post

Latest news from Dr. Kozima...

This is the CFRL News No.113 for Cold Fusion researchers published by Dr. H. Kozima, at the Cold Fusion Research Laboratory, Shizuoka, Japan.

This issue contains the following items:

1. The three papers presented at JCF21 from CFRL were accepted for publication in the Proceedings of JCF21 which will be issued in near future.

2. The International Conference, ICCF23, was held on Internet on June 9 – 11, 2021 in China.

3. My paper “The Cold Fusion Phenomenon – Nuclear Reactions in the CF Material at Around Room Temperature – ” was published in International Journal of High Energy Physics, 8-1, pp. 1 – 12 (2021).

CFRLEN113.pdf

• New data from Akiyo Takahashi on Researchgate.

New Finding in TSC theory 2021 October

Akito Takahashi, Professor Emeritus Osaka University

Seeking the correlation and consistency between our AHE (anomalous heat effect) data (not yet published totally) in current MHE (nano-metal hydrogen energy) experiments and the underlying dynamic solid state physics mechanism for reaction sites of 4H (or 4D)-cluster formation in the TSC theory. I have found the following conclusion. From understanding about the underlying mechanism by my 4H(or D)/TSC theory, pure 4H or 4D can condense ultimately (time-dependently) reaching at collapse-state inter-nuclear distance (far less than 1 pm) and 4D fusion or 4H-WS fusion reactions can most intensively occur at T-sites of FCC lattice of Ni or Pd mesoscopic size nano-islands by phonon excitation under high (>>1) H(or D)/M loading states at elevated temperature (Ni) or moderately elevated temperature (Pd). See Fig.1. The TSC formation at surface defects (SNH) is the second intensely occurring reaction sites. This aspect is very well matched to observed results by our current gas loading experiments. Mixed H-D cluster does not condense to enough small size to cause nuclear interaction, due to non-symmetric kinetic motion in dynamic condensation motion. Additional reference for explaining theoretical process of the T-site TSC formation and WS fusion in Ni-nano-core was proposed and discussed in our 2012 JCMN

(7) (PDF) MHE nuclear-like thermal power generation and guiding TSC theory.

(PDF) MHE nuclear-like thermal power generation and guiding TSC theory
    PDF | Observation of 200-300 W/kg level excess thermal power by the MHE (nano-metal hydrogen energy) experiments under high H/Ni loading ratios is... | Find,…
    www.researchgate.net

• Akiyo Takahashi does a great job in trying to tackle the theory of AHA they observe in their laboratories.

I am not a physicist so I can't judge how close he is with this theory.

What I miss in his papers is the effect of alkali metals in the AHA process might have (often the presence of CaO is mentioned).

But it seems to also work without CaO, just Ni and Cu layers though (in this case combined with hydrogen (H)).

• Akito Takahashi, Osaka University, posted an update at ResearchGate regarding the MHE (Metal Hydrogen Energy) research performed in Japan.

This update shows focus on Nickel / Hydrogen (consistent with the focus of Clean Planet), optimism about their theory matching their practical results and entering next stage of research and development aiming for industrial applications.

This update includes two JCCF22 presentations worth reading:

(PDF) New MHE Experiments by D-System (researchgate.net)

(PDF) Characteristics of Excess Power Generation in MHE Experiments by D-System (researchgate.net)

• This update shows focus on Nickel / Hydrogen (consistent with the focus of Clean Planet), optimism about their theory matching their practical results and entering next stage of research and development aiming for industrial applications.

I see no progress at all. May be he shows just interesting stuff for marketing and hides the real data...

• May be he shows just interesting stuff for marketing and hides the real data...

In another place Akito has repeatedly apologised for being bound by secrecy as to results. Don't forget that the Japanese Nuclear Energy Authority are now in charge of LENR projects, for some groups everything is now a secret unless a release is permitted.

• Japanese Nuclear Energy Authority

The "MHE (nanometalHydrogen) D-system" may come under considerable scrutiny from the bureaucrats

原子力委員会の変遷−原子力委員会

They have been so used to fission power for the last 66years.

And they have time on their hands with only 10 fission plants running.supplying ..only 6% of Japan's energy needs

The Challenges facing Japanese Nuclear Energy Policy | Global Risk Insights
    As climate change becomes an increasingly pressing issue, governments worldwide have stepped up efforts towards decarbonisation. Japan aims to reduce its…
    globalriskinsights.com

• So a choice must be made, Tsunami risk, or earthquake risk. A difficult choice.

The European Fukushima (Fessenheim) just has been shut down. It was directly built over a rim with quakes up to magnitude 8. So idiots live everywhere. Also a Swiss Nuke (Leibstadt) stays on the prolongation of this rim with expected max magnitude of 5,..,6.

We know that this type of Nuke/reactor at end of live just can handle 4.2...The old nukes had a vertical safety margin of 0.25g what is silly!

Fukushima has been shredded by the quake not by the Tsunami. The explosions happened due to 40 years missing training... The manual emergency vent simply was corroded...

This reactor type had a passive cooling that also works without any current - if of course the vessel does not break same for cooling tube.... (both broken in quake).

• Oh No Not another Fukushima! When will the Japanese learn not to site reactors on the beach where Tsunami's are a regular event?

They have to be on the seashore. They use ocean water for cooling. There are very few rivers in Japan large enough to cool a nuke.

Tsunami are not that regular, and you can usually predict the maximum height of them. So you can make a seawall that will prevent serious damage to reactor. Unfortunately, the 2011 one was the most powerful earthquake ever recorded in Japan (https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11027-011-9297-7). There were records of a similar tsunami in that area hundreds of years ago, but they were ignored. An engineer recommended a better seawall, and better placement of the fuel tanks that were the proximate cause of the accident, but the recommendation was not followed. Someone remarked that after every major accident, you can always find a document from an engineer recommending steps that would have prevented the accident. The problem is that if we did everything every engineer suggested, no project would ever be finished.

• On the hills surrounding Fukushima, there are small stone monuments with pretty roofs that look like miniature pagodas. They are the size of a road sign.

They indicate the maximum heights of the great tsunamis of the past.

These tsunamis were even bigger than the tsunami of eleven years ago.

I don't know why the engineers ignored these warnings from the epoch of the shoguns.

• I don't know why the engineers ignored

"https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rsta.2014.0379

Incomprehensible,,

"What was unprecedented was the almost simultaneous loss of both onsite AC power (EDGs) and DC power, an event that simply had not been imagined. Yet, what doomed the Fukushima Dai-ichi was the elevation of the EDGs.

, it is apparent that one set of EDGs (subsystem-A) were located at the first basement floor for Units 1–6, interestingly, at a lower elevation than other critical facilities, see figure on p. 14 in [40].

Such siting of the EDGs is incomprehensible, and suggestive of the secondary importance that have been placed on the risk of tsunami flooding in the safety assessments for the plant.

of course LENR reactors will not be so complicated and not so'nuclear'

"MHE (nanometalHydrogen) D-system" may even be in your living room..

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.