Dr. Celani (et al) discuss their knotty problems with Constantan wire, and unravel some interesting insights into anomalous heat.

• Official Post

Francesco CELANI has given me permission to share this paper in the forum, just published after a long 'back and forth' with the referees in the proceedings of the IJCMNS. and on researchgate. It describes and discusses the results of over 80 experiments, and draws some important conclusions from the results, in particular the importance of flux - in terms of a changing environment - to stimulate the production of anomalous heat. I certainly think it a very worthwhile addition to the field's small store of knowledge about the triggering effect of what -in nuclear science terms - are trivial changes in gas pressure, EM fields, and also the role of heat flow (possibly related to thermoacoustics) and the ways in which this is helpful and not helpful.

I have certainly seen the 'flux effect' happen in quite different systems to those described here, but think that Francesco's 'knotty' method is both elegant, and while the wire is far from easy to prepare when ready it provides a robust workhorse for testing. Thoroughly recommended for a long-ish read.

Progress Toward an Understanding of LENR–AHE Effects in Coated Constantan Wires in D2 Atmosphere: DC/AC Voltage Stimulation

Francesco Celani ⇤,†, C. Lorenzetti, G. Vassallo‡, E. Purchi, S. Fiorilla, S. Cupellini, M. Nakamura, R. Burri, P. Boccanera, P. Cerreoni and A. Spallone§.

Abstract

This paper presents a summary and some deeper details about the experiments presented at the 22nd International Conference on Condensed Matter Nuclear Science (ICCF22). It reports on the experimental study of LENR phenomena in Constantan

(Cu55Ni44Mn1) from its inception in 2011 to the most recent experiments. Using an empirical approach we identified the effect of surface modification of the Constantan wires with coatings comprised of elements that enhance the absorption behavior,

and oxides with low work function for electron emission. We also explored certain geometrical arrangements of the wires such as knots and coils in order to induce local thermal gradients and predictable hot-spots. Moreover, the DC polarization of the wires by

a counter-electrode proved to be a versatile approach to induce non-equilibrium conditions that are essential for Anomalous Heat Effects (AHE), especially when a dielectric barrier discharge (DBD) is produced. From the review of experiments summarized in

this article, we obtain indications that the main parameter controlling the AHE is the flux of reactive species through the surface of the loaded material. As a consequence, all other external conditions of the reactor core (voltage–current, temperature, pressure,

electric field stimulations, DC and/or AC external fields), can be seen as co-factors that enable a flux of active species through surfaces and in the bulk of the materials. Although most of the tests are in agreement with a possible flux model, some results still

lack an interpretation, probably due to limits of the experimental setup.

2020 ISCMNS. All rights reserved. ISSN 2227-3123 Full paper below.

https://www.researchgate.net/p…_DCAC_Voltage_Stimulation

• Official Post

Rob Woudenberg and Alan Smith, I was pretty sure this had been posted even before, or something very similar that I had already read a while ago, perhaps I read it in Researchgate and assumed it had been posted here already, but did not want to make a big fuzz about it, as Celani’s work is indeed fascinating and has been independently verified, even tho the 10% to 15% excess heat consistently and repeatable achieved, seems to not be impressive to many, but in my book is one of the strongest evidences for LENR available, and Francesco CELANI has been really methodical in his work up to the point of being capable of showing his approach in this very interesting paper.

• Jed takes his LENR-Canr librarian duties very seriously.

I do not take anything about cold fusion seriously. Taking it seriously would drive a man to drink. It reminds me of the Democratic Party. It is chaotic. Dysfunctional. Always ready to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I ask you: What other party could find a candidate less attractive than Trump the first time, and older than Trump the second time?!?

• Official Post

I do not take anything about cold fusion seriously. Taking it seriously would drive a man to drink. It reminds me of the Democratic Party. It is chaotic. Dysfunctional. Always ready to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I ask you: What other party could find a candidate less attractive than Trump the first time, and older than Trump the second time?!?

Please JedRothwell, I know its very hard, but let’s leave politics at the door when coming to LENR-forum, Please. It’s not a matter wether I agree with you or not, but to keep our forum free from political shenanigans.

We also explored certain geometrical arrangements of the wires such as knots and coils in order to induce local thermal gradients and predictable hot-spots.

The knots are known to contain dislocations and nanocracks, which both arrange atoms along Casimir cavities, both promote concentration of hydrogen (spill-off catalysis). Piantelli recommended to use nickel whiskers, which are formed by single axial dislocation: he has built expensive vacuum apparatus just for growing of nickel nanowhiskers. IMO Celani should focus to whiskers too, he could also try to twist and elongate his wires after annealing.

Jed takes his LENR-Canr librarian duties very seriously.

While I appreciate his extensive work already done, Jed's pretty selective in collection of research articles for his own bad. It's obvious, he would like to present LENR research as a serious peer-reviewed scientific research only - which is just what mainstream science isn't willing to do - yet...;-) In many aspects sources of another journalists like Krivit must supplement his scholastic library of cold fusion.

• While I appreciate his extensive work already done, Jed's pretty selective in collection of research articles for his own bad.

Absolutely not! I have never turned down any paper about cold fusion. I welcome any paper, even the ones I strongly disagree with, and the ones I think are batshit crazy. It is a library, not a journal.

However, I only upload papers with permission. When the author or the publisher says "no" I do not upload. I never argue or plead for permission. The last thing I need is to get into a fight with a big publisher! Several authors do not want me to upload their papers. So there are gaps in the collection.

On rare occasions, an author decides a paper is not good and should be withdrawn. I delete it within a few days. No problem. Authors also send me revised and corrected papers, which is fine. This is a resource, not a museum of ancient documents.

I would love to upload more of the highly critical papers, because they are so bad. I would like to give readers a chance to judge them. But the authors would never give me permission. I have asked them from time to time. They never respond.

However, I only upload papers with permission

I can understand that, but you can still register the rest in form of DOI links: the people accustomed to SciHub would already know what they should do with it. Especially in recent years the cold fusion research profile gets much wider than your present library.

• Can Cold Fusion Be Explained by Quantised Inertia - heuristic model linked just to elimination of Coulombic barrier within Casimir vacuum inside of nanocracks

A schematic showing two deuterons (the black circles) located a distance d apart within a crack/defect of width D (the grey area) in a metal lattice (the mottled area). The metal radiates Unruh waves, author says - and the mutual sheltering of the deuterons causes the white sheltered zone. The non-uniformity of the thermal radiation then forces the deuterons together (the arrows).

• I have never turned down any paper about cold fusion. I welcome any paper, even the ones I strongly disagree with, and the ones I think are batshit crazy. It is a library, not a journal.

Did you applied this criterion also in this case?

A few years ago you were not so much confident about the prodigious performances of the constantan wires:

http://www.mail-archive.com/vo…@eskimo.com/msg76195.html

Simulation of Celani Replication by MFMP

Jed Rothwell Fri, 01 Feb 2013 18:17:23 -0800

That's great work. Thanks. Unfortunately I think you and the MFM have

demonstrated that Celani is not getting any excess heat. He sent them his

own wires and they got nothing. Bupkis. Nada. Zilch.

- Jed

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.