nkodama's dedicated thread of LENR theory

• I insist that the basic physics must include some kind of the reality and the cutting edge physics must include the old theory.

The old theory is not very realistic for baryon masses.

The cutting edge is very blunt like a wooden sword.

Since LENR is about nuclear reactions .. the baryon masses are important

neutron mass= 939.56542052(54) MeV measured

proton mass = 938.27208816(29 MeV

n-p delta = 1.29....Mev

QED/QCD for the neutron-proton mass delta has supercomputer calculations which are only 20% accurate..

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1406.4088.pdf

delta= 1.51+- .29.... Duerr et al 2014..

this is the best that can be done with these theories..

QCD/QED cannot be adjusted to be more accurate..

the situation is even worse for 'quarks'

which are supposed to be particles..rather than resonances.

The masses calculated for the quarks u=2 (1.8-3) ,d = 4(4.5 -5.)MeV.

neutron mass = ddu = 4+4+2 +gluons?+ strange? etc = 10 + ???= 939.57

proton mass =uud = 2+2+4 + gluons?+ strange? etc ..= 8+???= 938.27

https://thumbor.forbes.com/thu…%2F2016%2F08%2Fspinny.jpg

• I have the comment from the researcher on the DDL and Cold Fusion

(0) my question is the same as(1)

From the paper of Experimentally Study the Deep Dirac Levels with High-Intensity Lasers

III. POPULATE ELECTRONS TO THE DDL

Directly populating DDLs via photoemission must be highly forbidden,

because otherwise a lot of high energy ambient photons can be observed due to the fact that the DDL is about 0.5 MeV below the normal Bohr ground state

Is this the direct answer of (1)????

(1)通常の基底状態からDDLへの遷移が起きない理由が説明されていない。

We need the cause why the transition from normal ground state to DDL does not occur.

(vavra) DDL hydrogen is not the ground state of normal hydrogen. The transition is suppressed because the DDL electron is relativistic and normal hydrogen electron is very very non-relativistic. One can say this analogy: one is a tornado and the other one just stationary(added on 2020/08/15)

(Kodama) the above is the conventional nuclear physics but note that cold fusion uses the metal pressure and so we need to think from the different view.

(2)常温核融合がDDL状態を基盤としているなら、この準位が形成される時に250MeVの絶対に見逃しようのないガンマ線が放出される。
    If cold fusion is based on the DDL state, when this level is formed, 250 MeV, gamma rays should be emitted which is too obvious to ignore.

(3)250MeVのような高エネルギーを外から供給するメカニズムが存在しないから,DDL軌道に落ちた原子は、絶対に通常のエネルギーレベルに戻らない。
    Since there is no mechanism for supplying high energy such as 250MeV from outside, Atoms that fall into the DDL orbit never return to their normal energy levels.

(4) 常温核融合が発生したらその結果として融合後の反動生成物が存在するから、これは必ず質量分析で見つかる。
    If cold fusion occurs, the reaction product after fusion exists as a result, so it is always found by mass spectrometer.

(4) is the real issue in patent examiner. I insist that we have 4He by mass-spectrometer in the paper, but patent examiner did not accept my explanation.

I asked the reason to the patent attorney and he told me that we must submit an official document,

I think the paper sometimes include the lie but public doccument has the lie, it must be a crime.

So Could you(every researchers) please register of your experimental result in the public documents?

here is my comment on this communication

Cold Fusion mechanism from metal prpperty not from nuclear physcsnuclear-physcs/

• required mathematics; the student needs to have experience only with standard variational calculus. We have shown that
    this method is adequate, but a perhaps better (Hamiltonian)
    method requires perhaps less mathematics of a student; a student must only accept that it is the covariant components of
    particle 4-momentum that are the canonical momenta for the equations of motion.

Unluckily a great part of today's physics has been delivered by mathematicians (also often called theoretical physicists - Dirac) with no clue of physics especially higher order mechanics. Classical mechanics was never based on single point masses point particles. All equation were write as sums over such point masses/particles. This is a big big difference to an overall treatment with a single point mass in a single force field what SM is about.

Single Hamiltonians only work under a global total symmetry where all deviations can be handled as linear perturbations. But this is not how nature works. Already Einstein (1933,1953) did formally prove that the singularity solution (black hole) is not given by GR. On a Stationary System With Spherical Symmetry Consisting of Many Gravitating Masses.pdf Later he also did disprove GR as a valid theory for "true" matter.

QM,QED,QCD,GR etc. are only first order highly simplified approximation of the reality. You need to exactly know when it's use is adequate. You cannot draw any conclusion from such models as these are not fundamental.

So DDL orbits are just possible solutions of a Hamiltonian that in no way represents the reality as the Lagrangian - includes all forces!! - immediately shows the failure of the DDL approach.

Electrons are charge and magnetic mass at the same moment and thus you need a full EM treatment. Mills (Hydrinos) did solves this by cheating an added charge.....

• Cold Fusion Feature

•The amount of neutrons detected is more than 7 digits less than that expected in general fusion.

•Almost no gamma ray is detected.

•It occurs in face-centered cubic and hexagonal close-packed metals, but not in body-centered cubic.

added on 2020/08/15

So we must build the new mechanism different from nuclear physics.

As I proposed D2 in the smaller space in the metal can be compressed by the metal atoms,

So the theory need to be built on the metal property,

probably on the force and potential change of the total system .

This is a kind of materials science and the simulation or theoretical formulation need the metal material property.

D2 hopping to D- in T site

Total energy need to be estimated

I think that cold fusion is based on the metal compress of D2 and we must formulate this phenomenon

with metal lattice potential and D2 potential simultaneously.

added on 2020/08/15

https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/a…/5/48_5_354/_pdf/-char/ja

水素核子間の反発力を概算するとr=15fmで、1E-6Nとなる。

一方、Pd原子間の力を弾性乗数から概算すると2桁小さい。

Pd結晶にはこのような近接原子対を保持する力はなく、このような力は地球上には

存在しない。

Approximate repulsive force between hydrogen nucleons is 1E-6N at r=15fm.

On the other hand, when the force between Pd atoms is estimated from the elastic multiplier, it is two orders of magnitude smaller.

Pd crystals do not have the force to hold such close atom pairs, and such forces does NOT exist.

https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/radioisotopes/63/10/63_489/_pdf/-char/ja

金属中の水素のダイナミクス

大友季哉,池田一貫

高エネルギー加速器研究機構物質構造科学研究所

金属中の水素のダイナミクスDynamics of hydrogen in metals

金属格子中に水素原子が1個入ると,隣接した水素原子と金属原子の間に斥力ポテンシャルが働くため,全系のエネルギーが高くなる。

格子の膨張(原子が水素原子から遠方に押しやられる変位)による基底エネルギーの減少と,

ほぼ原子の変位の2乗に比例する格子歪みエネルギー増加のバランスにより全系のエネルギーを最小にする原子の変位が決まる。

これにより,水素の固溶により水素原子周囲の金属原子が膨張する。

When one hydrogen atom enters the metal lattice, the repulsive potential works between the adjacent hydrogen atom and metal atom,

and the energy of the whole system becomes high. Displacement of the atom that minimizes the energy of the whole system

by the balance between the reduction of the ground energy due to the expansion of the lattice (the displacement of the atom pushed

away from the hydrogen atom) and the increase of the lattice strain energy that is approximately proportional

to the square of the displacement of the atom Is decided.

As a result, the solid solution of hydrogen causes the metal atoms around the hydrogen atoms to expand.

Kodama) So I think they(researcher of hydrogen storage metal)

can run simulation with adding the potential of D2 and small-D2.

The potential difference between D-in T site and normal condition will tell us the possibility that smaller D2 can be created.

added on 2020/08/18

I dropped the plan of experiment with conventional nuclear physics way because of the difficulty of transition from groud state toDDL,

Note that population to DDL is caused by the mechanical stress and so theory must be based on mechanical stress.

and I am thinking about the way to implement the mechanical stress to conventional relativistic Schrodinger equation.

The experiment must be based on the mechanical stress to hydrogen based on the new finding on hydrogen below.

https://www.jst.go.jp/pr/announce/20171031/index.html

https://repository.kulib.kyoto…dspace/handle/2433/227748

負電荷をもつ水素の新たな性質を発見

圧縮しやすく

Discover new properties of hydrogen with negative charge

Easy to compress

• So we must build the new mechanism different from nuclear physics.

About what are you talking? Metaphysics?

The only known approximate fact since about 20 years is the property of so called catalysts that do resonate with the H*/D* orbits. This is a crystal bond property.

In this respect Nickel is very interesting as it can directly modulate the H*/D* formation energy by the sum of the outer 10 valence electrons that may act collectively.

• About what are you talking? Metaphysics?

The only known approximate fact since about 20 years is the property of so called catalysts that do resonate with the H*/D* orbits. This is a crystal bond property.

In this respect Nickel is very interesting as it can directly modulate the H*/D* formation energy by the sum of the outer 10 valence electrons that may act collectively.

Updated on 20200815

Here is the metal property we need to think

Please inform me the paper of this mechanism formulation, because it is by far important which is not the nuclear physics nor particle physics but we must think according the way of

materials science done by hydrogen stored metal researcher do.Nuclear physics is the next stage.

I have read the similar papers but it did not include the change of D2 to small D2 with DDL.

It is important to think on the metal force to D2, not on the nuclear physics and on the particle physics.

• I find this an interesting, but very difficult subject.

Is this very recent preprint on anomalous deep electron levels in condensed matter relevant?

Anomalous Dirac and Majorana states in condensed matter

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2008.05887.pdf

ABSTRACT:

Unexpected electron states, bound to the Coulomb field of the nucleus, are proposed. These

anomalous states are mediated by positional quantum fluctuations of this nucleus which is a lattice

site in a solid. Without that support the states look as formal singular solutions which are, at first

sight, totally useless. The electron binding energy in the MeV range is surprising in condensed

matter since it usually relates to nuclear processes. Anomalous states are separated from usual

electron ones in a solid by an energy barrier. The lattice distortions, jointly with the electron

degrees of freedom, are responsible for the barrier formation. This contrasts to polaron in a solid

where lattice distortions form a well but not a barrier. Electron transitions to anomalous levels are

possible under a high energy external perturbation to overcome the barrier. Anomalous state can

be of the Dirac or Majorana type.

• Anomalous Dirac and Majorana states in condensed matter

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2008.05887.pdf

Ivlev is the researcher that experimentally found the 1keV resonance of the proton magnetic moment (magnetic bond of H*/D*). Doing classic SM calculations leads to silly results. Mills did exactly measure the spectrum of H*/D* which is in agreement with SO(4) physics calculations. This paper is about how people waste their live-time with an outdated fringe physics model.

• Dear Jurg, before declaring that SM is an outdated marginal model, you might need to know it in depth, so that you can try to find solutions to open problems. For example, those who built the QFT knew perfectly well the classical and Lagrangian mechanics.

• Wyttenberg,

your problem is that you behave like a fundamentalist of SO (4) which is a simple mathematical concept, but that paradoxically, you have never been able, for the moment (I'm nice, tempering a little) to define clearly the primitives of your physical model built on SO (4). I point out to you, for example, that the Standard Model could also be based on an algebra, that of octonions, and the person who affirms this, clearly develops all the formal bases for her argumentation. She even defended a thesis for it.

We are still waiting for yours for the New Standard Model based on SO (4). And please stop taking your interlocutors and even all people usins SM for idiots

• I point out to you, for example, that the Standard Model could also be based on an algebra, that of octonions, and the person who affirms this, clearly develops all the formal bases for her argumentation.

I know the paper of Furry very well. It does not show that the SM is based on Octonions. It explains that within the Octonions all known QM/SM/QED formalism can be transformed by homomorphisms! This explains that you will never ever find a new solution by using any of these models that is not already known.

SO(4) physics shows the relation between the basic forces and explains all things (unified forces, charge, mass, moments relations ) SM misses.

An idiot is a person that is no longer is willing to learn and walks without looking left & right. May be you know some of them. The ones I know find the new SO(4) model fascinating and compelling.

I can exactly explain why SM is a dead road and an unlucky development. I recommend you study higher order rigid rotating mass mechanics and then you will understand where Schrödinger failed. Failed means simplified the problem. Point masses, single field forces are first order approximations only.

For me it's a pity to see how many brilliant minds waste their live time by following a dead end road.

If you have a question send me an e-mail. And please do not believe that I fully understand all details of the new physics. But knowing a way to calculate the gamma spectrum of 6/7-Li was one dream task when I started with the model. Now it's a reality!

• Dear Jurg, before declaring that SM is an outdated marginal model,

SM is not adequate for many things. But classic QM is a very good aprroximation for complex chemical orbits.

But all SM (QED,QCD) says about dense mass is more or less nonsense!

Do you really want to know the scattering result at some TeV ?? What should this tells us about dense matter ?

Do you know that Kaons can be produced without any input energy ???

• About what are you talking? Metaphysics?

you DO NOT UNDERSTAND PHYSICS and METAL PROPERTY and experimental results on hydrogen and metal in ColdFusion.

• you DO NOT UNDERSTAND PHYSICS and METAL PROPERTY and experimental results on hydrogen and metal in ColdFusion.

I have read > 500 papers dealing with cold fusion. More than a dozen were dealing with Wigner cell energy and maximal enhancement of the local field around a potential D or D:D. Unluckily the forces/ potentials are magnitudes to low for classical explanations. Also the famous breather models suffer from the reality as these only work for highly homogeneous crystals/grids.

May be next time you also start to read the literature before you postulate things that have been discussed for the last 30 years already!

• I have read > 500 papers dealing with cold fusion. More than a dozen were dealing with Wigner cell energy and maximal enhancement of the local field around a potential D or D:D. Unluckily the forces/ potentials are magnitudes to low for classical explanations. Also the famous breather models suffer from the reality as these only work for highly homogeneous crystals/grids.

May be next time you also start to read the literature before you postulate things that have been discussed for the last 30 years already!

When you explain your theory you must show that Cold Fusion feature can be explained by your theory.

So this is the reason what I am confused on your theory

I thought old theory(compress of Ds) is by far better because it shows the physical meaning of the cold fusion.

>Unluckily the forces/ potentials are magnitudes to low for classical explanations.

>the famous breather models suffer from the reality as these only work for highly homogeneous crystals/grids.

I know both and Compress of the Ds are the original theory.
    You must have find the theory of DDL so you would understand that the force can be by far smaller,
    I googled the paper based on my hypo that something is incorrect around the nucleon due to the abnormality of r=0 and the force must be smaller than we expected which is calculated by the conventional coulomb potential at distance of 15fm. So I found DDL DEO theory and start the discussion with the researcher.

From the start I believe that shielding of coulomb repulsive potential can be done by the covalent electron between nucleon, so the theory of DDL(DEO) is OK and I accept the DDL(DEO) theory very easily.

you(Cold Fusion Society) must have found DDL,DEO theory and you must have understand the importance and started the experiment by yourself. That is the way of physics and other engineering field's approach.

>May be next time you also start to read the literature before you postulate things that have been discussed for the last 30 years already!Oppositely you should start thinking on the hydrogen stored metal property, because Cold Fusion is partly the metal science interacted with hydrogen.

I have read the Japanese paper of hydrogen stored metal since the start of the research.We have a very good Japanese papers.

https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/a…/5/48_5_354/_pdf/-char/ja

• My hypo is from the difference of compress effect

between Cold Fusion (D in T site) and

H- paper(upper and lower layers)

added 2020/08/18
    H- has L shell with P-orbit so it can be sensitive to the compress.

What about D2 orbit???

H2(D2) in T site can be changed to small D2 so need to think about the electron orbit symmetry. of H2

lenr-forum.com/attachment/13640/

What about DDL shell structure???

I think T site compress is from atoms on tetrahedral sites, so it is rather isotropic,

But H1 case the force is from 2 direction upper and lower film layer, so this is rather not isotropic

https://www.lenr-forum.com/forum/latest-posts/

b Pressure dependence of lattice parameters for the experimental (red) and the DFT-computed (sky blue) values of

SrVO2H – note that some error bars are smaller than the width of the symbols. The decrease in pressure

from 52 GPa to 49 GPa as the cell volume decreases suggests a phase transition to a denser phase.

I think this is only the way to explain the compress effect with isotropic stress or NOT.

If the stress is isotropic hydrogen must have less deformation of s-shell electron.

Each D of D2 has the asymmetric compress from metal atoms in the tetrahedral site.

So I think this can a clue to implement the compress effect

in Cold Fusion Theory

10.1007_s10701-016-0055-2(FoP).pdf-1.pdf

• 負電荷をもつ水素の新たな性質を発見.pdf

第一 の特徴 は 、 ヒドリド が 非常に柔

らか く圧縮しやすい こと です。 大気圧下で

ほぼ同じ大きさの 酸 素 イオン を硬式テニス

ボールだとすると、ヒドリドは軟式のボール

のように 約二倍も縮みやすいことが 分かり

ました 図 1

The first feature is that hydrides are very soft. It is easy and easy to compress.

At atmospheric pressure Tennis with almost the same size of oxygen ions If it's a ball,

a hydride is a soft ball It is easy to shrink about twice as Made figure 1

もう一つは 、 ヒドリド が 金属 原子 間の 相互作用 を

対称性の違いでブロックする という 特徴です。 物質

の電気的、磁気的な性質 に 関係する 金属原子 間 の相

互作用は、その間 に 位置する 陰イオンの 電子 軌道 1の

形 によって 決まり ます。

The other is that hydrides cause interactions between metal atoms.

The feature is that it blocks due to the difference in symmetry. material

Phase between metal atoms related to the electrical and magnetic properties of

The interaction is due to the electron orbit 1 of the anion located between them.

It depends on the shape.

ここで ヒドリド の最外殻 2は

球状の 軌道( s軌道) のみから構成され ているのに対

し 、他の あらゆる 陰イオン O 2 、 F 、 N 3 、 Cl など

は ダンベル型の 軌道 p軌道) も持 つこと(図 2 a

が決定的な違いです 。 図 2 b の 金属 原子 同士 の相互

作用を考え ると 、 ヒドリド以外 の陰イオン が挟まれ

ている 場合 は 、金属 の d 軌道 3が陰イオンの p 軌道を

介して相互作用をすることができます。 これ は、 これ

らの軌道 が同じ 対称性 4をもつ ためです。 一方 、ヒド

リド が挟まれている 場合 (図 2b には、 ヒドリドの

s 軌道と金属の d 軌道 の 対称性が異なる ため、 金属原

子 間の 相互作用 は無視できるほど小さくなります 。

したがって、ヒドリドがハサミのように金属原子間

の相互作用を切断 し、ブロックする 役割を果たすこ

とが期待できます。

Where the outermost shell 2 of the hydrido is Although it is composed of only spherical orbits (s orbits),

However, any other anion such as O 2, F, N 3, Cl, etc.

Must also have a dumbbell-shaped orbit p orbit) (Fig. 2a Is the decisive difference.

Mutual relation between metal atoms in Fig. 2b Considering the action, anions other than hydride are trapped. ,

The metal d orbital 3 is the anion p orbital. You can interact through.

This is this Because their orbitals have the same symmetry 4.

Meanwhile, Hide If the lid is sandwiched (Figure 2b shows Since the s orbital and the metal d orbital have different symmetries,

The interaction between the children is negligibly small.

Therefore, hydrides are like scissors between metal atoms. Play a role in cutting and blocking the interaction of Can be expected.

• 負電荷をもつ水素の新たな性質を発見.pdf

English Paper

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-017-01301-0

Here we show via a high-pressure study of anion-ordered strontium

vanadium oxyhydride SrVO2H that H− is extraordinarily compressible, and that pressure drives a transition from a Mott insulator to a metal at ~ 50 GPa.

A pressure-induced insulator-to-metal transition in SrVO2H.

Figure 3 shows the resistivity of SrVO2H (sample SrVO2H-B;

Supplementary Note 1) as a function of applied pressure. The

observed resistivity of ~ 300 Ω∙cm at ambient pressure and 300 K

is typical of a semiconductor and consistent with the Mott

insulating picture proposed previously24.

Application of up to 50 GPa pressure leads to a drop of four orders of magnitude in the

resistivity of SrVO2H at 300 K, and a change in the temperature

dependence, ΔR/ΔT, such that the resistance becomes essentially independent of temperature at this pressure

Japanese Paper

第一 の特徴 は 、 ヒドリド が 非常に柔

らか く圧縮しやすい こと です。 大気圧下で

ほぼ同じ大きさの 酸 素 イオン を硬式テニス

ボールだとすると、ヒドリドは軟式のボール

のように 約二倍も縮みやすいことが 分かり

ました 図 1

(日本語の意味が不明)Japanese sentece is vague and meaningless.

changed mechanism 2020/09/02

the mechanism is the same of Cold fusion cause (Hypo).

b Pressure dependence of lattice parameters for the experimental (red) and the DFT-computed (sky blue) values of SrVO2H – note that some error bars are smaller than the width of the symbols. The decrease in pressure from 52 GPa to 49 GPa as the cell volume decreases suggests a phase transition to a denser phase.

もう一つは 、 ヒドリド が 金属 原子 間の 相互作用 を

対称性の違いでブロックする という 特徴です。 物質

の電気的、磁気的な性質 に 関係する 金属原子 間 の相

互作用は、その間 に 位置する 陰イオンの 電子 軌道 1の

形 によって 決まり ます。

The other is that hydrides cause interactions between metal atoms.

The feature is that it blocks due to the difference in symmetry. material

Phase between metal atoms related to the electrical and magnetic properties of

The interaction is due to the electron orbit 1 of the anion located between them.

It depends on the shape.

ここで ヒドリド の最外殻 2は

球状の 軌道( s軌道) のみから構成され ているのに対

し 、他の あらゆる 陰イオン O 2 、 F 、 N 3 、 Cl など

は ダンベル型の 軌道 p軌道) も持 つこと(図 2 a

が決定的な違いです 。 図 2 b の 金属 原子 同士 の相互

作用を考え ると 、 ヒドリド以外 の陰イオン が挟まれ

ている 場合 は 、金属 の d 軌道 3が陰イオンの p 軌道を

介して相互作用をすることができます。 これ は、 これ

らの軌道 が同じ 対称性 4をもつ ためです。 一方 、ヒド

リド が挟まれている 場合 (図 2b には、 ヒドリドの

s 軌道と金属の d 軌道 の 対称性が異なる ため、 金属原

子 間の 相互作用 は無視できるほど小さくなります 。

したがって、ヒドリドがハサミのように金属原子間

の相互作用を切断 し、ブロックする 役割を果たすこ

とが期待できます。

Where the outermost shell 2 of the hydrido is Although it is composed of only spherical orbits (s orbits),

However, any other anion such as O 2, F, N 3, Cl, etc.

Must also have a dumbbell-shaped orbit p orbit) (Fig. 2a Is the decisive difference.

Mutual relation between metal atoms in Fig. 2b Considering the action, anions other than hydride are trapped. ,

The metal d orbital 3 is the anion p orbital. You can interact through.

This is this Because their orbitals have the same symmetry 4.

Meanwhile, Hide If the lid is sandwiched (Figure 2b shows Since the s orbital and the metal d orbital have different symmetries,

The interaction between the children is negligibly small.

Therefore, hydrides are like scissors between metal atoms. Play a role in cutting and blocking the interaction of Can be expected.

Here is a explanation of transition of electron to DDL by the compress of D2 in the cold fusion case.

The overlap between DDL and s-shell of hydrogen cause the tunneling from s-shell to DDl and the size can be smaller,

and the same mechanism on the easy compress of H negative.

V-H bond in case of "easy compress of hidrid" study.

Hypo of compress to change ground state to DDL

Question??

I would like to know the structure of DDL.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.