Deuterium Energetics Limited

• Official Post

Great,

in the description they affirm some great results, and the schematics show something not far from what is done with Dogbones, Mizuno replications, but with carbon nanotubes... If it works as claimed... great...

off topic: About theory, the [0050] paragraph make me think about

* why in hot fusion does the least energetic branch get chosen more often : because it has to be quick ? who can explain why?

* why in LENR does the highest energetic branch, the least radioactive outcomes seems preferred ? my proposal is, as I often said before, inspired by Hydroton theory

-> it is the most stable, the least remaining energy outcome, because something in the NAE have time to decay as low as possible, in small intermediate steps, emiting small quanta (X-Rays as they say in the description?) like uranium have time to decay to lead, like tea have time to reach room temperature after days... in hot fusion, decay have to be direct, fast, fastest, big MeV quantum, ... In cold fusion it seems there is time, that non-radioactive outcome are preferred in Iwamura thinfilm experiments, that He4+24MeV is prefered because there is less energy in He4 than in t+p or He3+n...

Maybe my vision is naïve... This is for me the great question... why are low energy outcome prefered... and with 0050 paragraph remind me also that He4 is the most stable outcome...

• like uranium have time to decay to lead,

Uranium is interesting

only Dash has attempted deuterium/hydrogen cold fusion with U238

He got lots of radiation quickly...but no neutrons AFAIK...

perhaps this is what Forsley is doing too.. if there is just alpha and beta,,and low energy gamma.. the walls of the reactor should last much longer than with neutrons..

• Official Post

Given his recent video about “gentle nuclear” where matt talks about plants and their cunning ways to turn sunlight into energy stored in molecules, I think this could be of interest for him. I already commented that nanotubes for filtration show several orders of magnitude the flow “they should” if they were just pipes.

This link talks about the “extremely fast” speed of water inside the nanotubes, but it also talks about what anyone familiar with the book “the 4th phase of water“ should recognize, as this research found that the water inside the channels was significantly different in structure.

https://www.llnl.gov/news/rese…anotubes-water-filtration

Many of you know that It was my lifelong interest in desalination (being a desert dweller) that has got me hooked in the research of exotic energy technologies since the beginning, and seeing a potential convergence between carbon nanotube filtration and LENR is tantalizing.

edit to add this link that shows what I had known all this years, that the aquaporines in Plant membrane cells are basically a carbon nanotube. I recall having read of. a researcher that had found the “anomaly” of water movement through Much earlier and that it was thermodynamically “impossible”, so he postulated and active (energy expending) mechanism. Finding it is passive was a shock to many, but few realized of the deeper implications.

https://www.chemistryworld.com…er-movers/3007898.article

So, with regards to nano scale and molecular oddities, we have to keep the advice of Da Vinci and let Nature (in this case, plants) be our guide, or inspiration, as Matt suggests.

• Official Post

Fascinating Curbina , thanks for the links. I have been sent “the 4th phase of water“ book by someone else recently too - just need to make some time to read it....so many books to read these days.

I hear you matt, I can only advance in my reading when I am offline, and I am still halfway the 4th phase of water, but I cheated a bit because I Watched Pollack’s TED talks about the same. You will find that water also interacts with EM radiation (infrared) to maintain It’s structure when in the 4th phase.

• Rob Woudenberg

Great to see this. AlainCo Thanks

In 2013, I followed this LENR tech' for about two years then it went away. Underwater, they are coming up for air now. I read everything I could for a year and documented it. Former Rear Admiral and ex NASA head of the Office of Exploration System,Craig Steidle came on board. A bit of history, from my notes followed by an early article and compilation documenting this story.

Seldon Bought By Vegas Firm

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 By John Lippman at Valley News

https://www.vnews.com/Archives…/SeldonBuyer-jl-vn-122215

Carbon Block, also known as CB Tech, is controlled by the family of the late H. Allen Rice. The privately owned 45-year-old company develops and manufacturers custom drinking water systems and filters that are sold under the labels of other suppliers.

The Rice family also owns and operates Multipure Filter Co., which makes inline water filters.

Multi-Pure Drinking Water Systems have been widely accepted and used throughout the world by: hospitals, major universities and schools; laboratories; restaurants; the U.S. military...

Seldon was founded 2002 to utilize carbon nanotube technology, or CNT to filter water contaminants without the aid of chemicals, heat or electricity. But despite more than $53 million invested into the company, including $27 million in research grants from the U.S. military and more than $20 million from South Africa-based EcoNet Wireless, Seldon still has yet to receive regulatory approval for use of its carbon nanotechnology in the U.S. consumer market, a major stumbling block in product rollout. -end quotes

gbgoblenote - "Seldon proves to be almost as interesting as any story in the cold fusion landscape! I BELIEVE they (CB Tech) are further advanced than seen and will enter the market full blown soon."-gbgoble2020

"Seldon Technologies, NASA, and LENR" Greg Goble 13Mar2014 ColdFusionNow

https://coldfusionnow.org/seldon-technologies-nasa-and-lenr/

“The present disclosure combines the unique properties of nanotubes and in one embodiment carbon nanotubes, in a novel manifestation designed to meet current and future energy needs in an environmentally friendly way. Devices powered with nanotube based nuclear power systems may substantially change the current state of power distribution.”

–Retired U.S. Rear Admiral Craig E. Steidle of Seldon Technologies on cold fusion nanotube-based nuclear power systems.

Rear Admiral Craig E. Steidle – USN, NASA, DoD

Admiral Craig E. Steidle served as the first Associate Administrator of the Office of Exploration Systems at NASA (now known as the Exploration Systems Mission Directorate), an organization formed to implement NASA’s human exploration of the solar system as announced in the Vision for Space Exploration.

Adm. Steidle served as the Director of the Department of Defense (DoD) Joint Advanced Strike Technology Office and was the Director of the Joint Strike Fighter Program, DoD’s largest program.

Admiral Steidle officially resigned from the position of associate administrator for exploration systems in June 2005. He served as a Visiting Professor in Aerospace Engineering at the U.S. Naval Academy for five years and then briefly as the President of the Commercial Spaceflight Federation before fully retiring in 2011.

Craig Steidle NASA’s Future Is Rising From ‘the Swamp’

by Guy Gugliotta, Washington Post, Dec.15, 2004

At NASA headquarters, they call it “the swamp,” a broad expanse of the fifth floor where experts gather to figure out how to accomplish the most ambitious space feat ever: a multi-decade plan to send humans from Earth to the moon and ultimately to Mars.

The master of this domain is Associate Administrator Craig E. Steidle, the retired Navy rear admiral who runs NASA’s not-so-new-anymore Office of Exploration Systems and who went to work for NASA after the top brass lured him in as a consultant….

Craig Seidle and Dennis Bushnell were each highlighted in 2008 American Society for Engineering Education Conference. I imagine each know of each others works, Admiral Steidle as board-member of cold fusion company Seldon Technologies and Dennis Bushnell as a leader in NASA cold fusion.

Distinguished Lectures Presentation Title: “The Future(s) of Energetics” by Dennis Bushnell was sponsored by the Mechanical Engineering Division. This talk summarizes the increasingly dire and ever nearer term implications of Global Warming and Peak Oil and then considers the spectrum of “Green” and the “Ways Forward” to replace Fossil Carbon Energy Sources. There are four approaches possible in the nearer term. These include approaches with the capacity to replace petroleum for transportation and coal/natural gas for base load. While they require research, they are both feasible and affordable.

The lecture also considers the “frontiers of the responsibly imaginable” in energetics going forward, and “Wild Card” approaches which proffer revolutionary possibilities. Energetics issues considered include Generation, Storage, Conservation and Transmission. Lecture concludes with a brief discussion of “Second Law Warming”, which will follow Atmospheric Warming and constrains the solution options for Atmospheric Warming.

Seldon Technologies

Now, (2014) Craig Steidle is on the board of directors of Seldon Technologies, Inc. The two following Seldon patents are noteworthy.

Methods of Generating Energy and/or he-4 Using Graphene Based Materials

Publication date: Oct 30, 2013

Inventors Christopher H. Cooper, William K. Cooper, James F. Loan

From the Patent:

Deuteron-Based Reactions

[0050] Fusion of two deuterons that are confined in a solid can theoretically result in three different outcomes as shown in the following equations (V. E. Kim, Purdue Univ., The 15th International Conf. on Condensed Matter Nuclear Sci. (ICCF-15) Oct 5 -9, 2009)

[0052] For each 4He produced by two deuterons 23.8 MeV energy is released because of the well-known relationship between change in mass during a fusion process and energy release (E=mc2). It is speculated that the energy released is in the form or electromagnetic radiation with wavelengths ranging from Gigahertz to extreme UV, sometimes referred to as “soft x-rays”

[0053] It has been discovered that graphene materials have an unusual electronic structure making it an ideal candidate for a variety of applications, primarily in the field of electronics. In particular, it has been discovered that the single atomic layer of carbon, characteristic of graphene materials, effectively screens Coulomb interactions, causing graphene to act like an independent electron semimetal. Furthermore, one particular graphene material, carbon nanotubes, can be grown with remarkable uniform diameters, number of walls, and atomic structure. See, “The Effective Fine-Structure Constant of Freestanding Graphene Measured in Graphite,” Science, Vol. 330 no. 6005 pp. 805-808 5 November 2010, which is herein incorporated by reference

[0058] The results presented herein are, in general, consistent with other reported low-energy nuclear reaction (LENR) experimental results, most notably the work of McKubre at Stanford Research Inst, who reported a peak 4He concentration of 1 ppm after 20 days of aging palladium powder in D2 gas (APS meeting, Denver CO, March 5, 2007)

Methods of Generating Energetic Particles Using Nanotubes and Articles Thereof

US 20130266106 A1 – Publication date Oct 10, 2013

Inventors: Christopher H. Cooper, James F. Loan, William K. Cooper, Alan G. Cummings Original Assignee: Seldon Technologies, Llc

From the patent:

ABSTRACT

There is disclosed a method of generating energetic particles, which comprises contacting nanotubes with a source of hydrogen isotopes, such as D2O, and applying activation energy to the nanotubes. In one embodiment, the hydrogen isotopes comprise protium, deuterium, tritium, and combinations thereof.

There is also disclosed a method of transmuting matter that is based on the increased likelihood of nuclei interaction for atoms confined in the limited dimensions of a nanotube structure, which generates energetic particles sufficient to transmute matter and exposing matter to be transmuted to these particles.

DESCRIPTION

This application claims the benefit of domestic priority under 35 USC §119(e) to U.S. application Ser. No. 60/741,874, filed Dec. 5, 2005, and Ser. No. 60/777,577, filed Mar. 1, 2006, both of which are incorporated by reference herein.

Disclosed herein are methods of generating energetic particles, by contacting nanotubes with hydrogen isotopes in the presence of activation energy, such as thermal, electromagnetic, or the kinetic energy of particles. Also disclosed are methods of transmuting matter by exposing such matter to the energetic particles produced according to the disclosed method.

A need exists for alternative energy sources to alleviate our society’s current dependence on hydrocarbon fuels without further impact to the environment.

The inventors have developed multiple uses for nanotubes and devices that use such nanotubes. The present disclosure combines the unique properties of nanotubes and in one embodiment carbon nanotubes, in a novel manifestation designed to meet current and future energy needs in an environmentally friendly way.

Devices powered with nanotube based nuclear power systems may substantially change the current state of power distribution. For example, nanotube based nuclear power systems may reduce, if not eliminate, the need for power distribution networks; chemical batteries; energy scavenger devices such as solar cells, windmills, hydroelectric power stations; internal combustion, chemical rocket, or turbine engines; as well as all other forms of chemical combustion for the production of power.

• AlainCo

Perhaps you could combine these previous two threads into this one.

Intent to grant patent: Christophet Cooper, EP2656350 - METHODS OF GENERATING ENERGY AND/OR HE-4 USING GRAPHENE BASED MATERIALS AlainCo Dec 18th 2018 Intent to grant patent: Christophet Cooper, EP2656350 - METHODS OF GENERATING ENERGY AND/OR HE-4 USING GRAPHENE BASED MATERIALS [

Patent on LENR in Graphene+Hydrogen, examination iterations.AlainCo Jun 18th 2016 Patent on LENR in Graphene+Hydrogen, examination iterations...

Reviewing this (2013) early Seldon Technologies patent...

Methods of Generating Energetic Particles Using Nanotubes and Articles Thereof US 20130266106 A1 – Publication date Oct 10, 2013

Inventors: Christopher H. Cooper, James F. Loan, William K. Cooper, Alan G. Cummings Original Assignee: Seldon Technologies, Llc

gbgoblenote It's interesting that the patent examiner cited the early Seldon Technologies patent in a recent Industrial Heat patent.

US20180197643A1 *2016-10-262018-07-12Industrial Heat, Llc

Monitoring and Controlling Exothermic Reactions Using Photon Detection Devices U.S. Patent Application 20180197643 — July 12, 2018

Monitoring and Controlling Exothermic Reactions Using Photon Detection Devices

Inventors: Morris; Julie A.; (Flower Mound, TX) ; Murray; Joseph A.; (Raleigh, NC) Applicant: Industrial Heat, LLC Raleigh NC US

Filed: October 26, 2017

ABSTRACT: A method includes vacuuming an environment containing a low energy nuclear reaction (LENR) system and flowing a gaseous material into the environment. The method includes heating the reactor to a first temperature range and applying a voltage to an electrode passing through a core of the LENR system. The method includes imaging one of the core or the system with a spectrometer and determining that the core is at a desired temperature based on the imaging.

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-adv.html&r=1&p=1&f=G&l=50&d=PG01&S1=20180197643.PGNR.&OS=dn/20180197643&RS=DN/20180197643http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi…0197643&RS=DN/20180197643

Also found here...

New Patent Applications from Industrial Heat Published

Posted on 13/07/2018 by E-Cat World

• If anyone has questions please ask me. and for safety's sake, use milligram masses of cnt's. 1 to 10 is safe.

Thanks for your advice and willingness to share.

I'm sure you already caught the attention of some members (including mine) of this forum for at least a basic experiment following the introductory Statement of goldinium on an other thread.

As you probably know, there have recently two EU funded LENR projects (CleanHME and HERMES) been launched and some representatives are also active on this forum. Maybe you contact Andras (CleanHME) or Alan Smith of LENR forum for further contacts.

You may also use the private conversation option of this forum.

• Official Post

Perhaps you could combine these previous two threads into this one.

Intent to grant patent: Christophet Cooper, EP2656350 - METHODS OF GENERATING ENERGY AND/OR HE-4 USING GRAPHENE BASED MATERIALS AlainCo Dec 18th 2018 Intent to grant patent: Christophet Cooper, EP2656350 - METHODS OF GENERATING ENERGY AND/OR HE-4 USING GRAPHENE BASED MATERIALS [

Patent on LENR in Graphene+Hydrogen, examination iterations.AlainCo Jun 18th 2016 Patent on LENR in Graphene+Hydrogen, examination iterations...

Good idea, :)

It was old story, quite long ago

• AlainCo Yes, though now it's still a new story. Thanks for scooping this news. I've posited in comments here and there that we would see a continuation of the Seldon LENR energy developments; considering the company's end-days history. The statement by Craig Steidle really caught my attention.

Seldon/CB Tech Circa 2014 "The present disclosure combines the unique properties of nanotubes and in one embodiment carbon nanotubes, in a novel manifestation designed to meet current and future energy needs in an environmentally friendly way. Devices powered with nanotube based nuclear power systems may substantially change the current state of power distribution.” –Retired U.S. Rear Admiral Craig E. Steidle (USN, NASA, DoD) of Seldon Technologies on cold fusion nanotube-based nuclear power systems.

Perhaps off topic...

2010-2019 :: Trident Scholar Program :: USNA TridentProgram and Visiting Professor Craig E. Steidle, Aerospace Engineering Department. ANGELA ... “Direct Writing of Graphene-based Nanoelectronics via Atomic Force

• The main problem I foresee with this carbon nanotube tech is their inherent fragility - just how long does the prototype reactor run for before the nanostructures have to be replaced? Could they be strengthened by plating the graphene onto a, for example, Palladium base?

• Official Post

When one reads “The 4th phase of water” by Gerald Pollack one gets reminded of the so called “poly water” controversy and it ties into this topic because during the development of the ideas in the book one realizes that water at the nano scale behaves in ways that are not predicted by the most accepted models, and that those nanoscopic properties can be exerted up to microscopic scale while in narrow capillary tubes (which was the basis of the poly water idea, of water having a polymeric Crystalline structure when held in Capillary tubes, of small diameter).

This in I part related to the surprise that the people researching Nanotubes For water filtration had when observing the unexpected High flow rate through the nanotube membrane. In fact they thought it had been tested during handling, and when they inspected and saw it was intact, they repeated the experiment (putting some drops on it and see they pass without any delay through it) until they became convinced of what they were seeing.

This ties into other interesting thing of Pollack’s experimental observations:

The fact that the so called “exclusion zone“ is affected by electromagnetic radiation, and it’s it greatly expanded by infra red spectrum.

Where I am going with this, is that these observations point to the possibility that water, and also probably it’s gaseous constituents, have properties related to the interaction with other atoms at the nano scale that are of entirely electromagnetic character, not even chemical, and in this regard, the nano tubes create conditions in which all we believe to know probably doesn’t apply, and where the electromagnetic forces between atoms are able to generate nuclear reactions.

We know that Wyttenbach in his model, in practice, has unified all forces as EM forces, and he had already predicted that nanotubes were a very good environment to explore LENR, so, I am glad that others independently found this to be possible.

We now have knowledge that a different kind of material, not necessarily a metallic lattice, Is LENR inducing, under the right conditions.

Now, as always, having some knowledge and being capable of making practical use of it, is not the same thing.

That’s why I want to ask jfloan173 if he has any basic setup that could serve as proof of concept for independent replicators, and what one could expect to achieve under this basic proof of concept setup. I am thinking about something one could replicate and share here to help others advance the practical application.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.