NASA’s Lattice Confined Fusion (LCF)

• Official Post

Should the community follow your faith rather than Rob Woudenberg objectivity ?

Cydonia , I am not asking anyone to follow anything I say, I am just trying to clarify or emphasize my earlier comment. Moreover, I agree with Rob Woudenberg that the work at NASA doesn't confirms UDD, at all.

All I say is that I speculate that the people at NASA, while interacting with Holmlid around 2009-2011, got some ideas from this interaction, probably never agreeing much with Holmlid anyway, but got some inspiration from him, and developed their own ideas from that inspiration. Nothing else. This is all answering the comment of Ahlfors that stated that their interaction had no consequences. I think it had some influence, even if tangential. But feel free to disregard this speculation at all if you don't agree.

• I think it had some influence, even if tangential. But feel free to disregard this speculation at all if you don't agree.

No it remains a dialogue and thought exchange.

From my side, i think rather this NASA work is closer to Piantelli rather than Holmlid.

• Well, they are producing nice-looking videos and CAD images, but they should find a voice-over reader that can pronounce nuclear correctly. Short on credibility IMHO.

At first it sounded like a real human, complete with human breath intake sounds, until places like 1:35, when the word 'other' is pronounced. Similarly at 5:42 with the word 'easily' and at 6:38 with the word 'and', etc.

Rather than these high tech glossy presentations I much prefer the humble, hands on, home made and personal approach by another guy some people here may have heard of. (No, I'm not referring to PhysicsForDummies artwork. ) 8o

• I notice there are three or four threads on the Forum concerning the JWK SPAWAR GEC NASA CMNS LENR energy tech... Should they be combined in some way?

Here is their latest patent. It was filed back in 2018 by Inovl Inc., though it looks like there is a previous partial iteration from 2015, Electrolysis Reactor System, by Frank Gordon.

Inovl Inc. is new 2017, formed shortly before the patent was filed. They are certainly affiliated with GEC et al ...

The inventors are Frank Gordon and Harper John Whitehouse. This advanced CMNS tech LENR-Electric patent claims a flow of electrons, useful electrical current, from the 'cold fusion' reaction. It most likely is the tech behind the EV charger being offered by GEC. gbgoblenote-The a priori USGovt./JWK/Forsley patent, 2007 System and Method for Generating Particles has just been granted an extension till 2030... Twenty three years... a bit unusual.

The Patent

Gaseous Phase Ionizing Radiation Generator

https://patents.google.com/patent/US10841989B2/en

Frank Gordon's Lattice Energy Converter Digraph

https://digraph.app/wiki/topic…e2-4664-afe7-baefb1f12d4f

Frank Gordon's patents listed on Justia

https://patents.justia.com/inventor/frank-john-gordon

At times like these I like to remember that the bubbles in the P and F wet cell, cold fusion reactor of 1989... Those bubbles are gaseous phase and plasma interacting with metal hydride dendrite formation and deformation.

• Official Post

Thanks Gregory Byron Goble There is some talk about that in the Frank Gordon's "Lattice Energy Converter (LEC)"...replicators workshop thread. The "Ionizing Radiation Generator" is now the LEC I believe. There have been 2 replications so far of it, with more on the way.

I have thought of combining the threads on GEC/SPAWAR/NASA, but keep putting off until a rainy day. Just as good would be to link to them here for reference. Lots of connections between the players. Good that you are so good at connecting all the dots.

• Official Post

Russia confirms and improves NASA results on neutron generation in deuterated structures

Thanks Ahlfors , it’s really interesting to see this work, which states that the DD fusion in the deuterated lattice can be triggered with only electrons and at much lower triggering energies. But above all the other quotes provided are interesting.

• The following article is quite a bit...

Disingenuous

These folks have been working with the Lattice Confinement Fusion folks for years... including those from GEC. Also, no mention of the Google/Munday Labs CMNS energy tech patents. This confirms for me, along with the recent Munday Labs DoD contract, that the Google Team and GEC et al are intimately aware of each others advanced works and are likely assisting each other. Does Google, or Alphabet invest in GEC? Does Elon Musk? Future historians will soon find out... This energy tech market entry is epic history in the making.

I seem to remember Forsley worked with a Russian group early on for neutron production replication. I'll find the reference.

U.S. Navy researchers dive into cold fusion debate -- ANS / Nuclear ...

Mar 24, 2021 — Sometimes referred to as cold fusion, the science of LENRs has been debated since 1989, when Stanley Pons and Martin Fleischmann published the results of experiments in which they claimed to have generated nuclear energy using a simple, room-temperature tabletop setup involving palladium and heavy water...

• The Helis facility in Russia had some interesting results in 2015

"

A possible explanation of the heat-emission excess from the Ti/TiO2:Dx target irradiated with D+ beam, as compared to the Ti target irradiated with H+ or Ne+ beam
    can be derived from the assumption that in contrast to a DD-reaction in gas, such reaction in a solid-state target is possible in four channels:
    d+d → p (3 MeV) + T (1 MeV), (1)
    d+d → n(2.45 MeV) + 3He (0.8 MeV), (2)
    d+d → 4He + γ (24 MeV), (3)
    d+d → 4He + Q (24 MeV). (4)
    The reaction (4) would be the main channel, while reactions (1-3) are strongly suppressed at low energies [6].

This hypothesis is partially confirmed by our
    experimental measurements of the DD-reaction yield in the channel (2) along and across beam direction using 3 He detector, as shown in Fig. 4

The neutron yield in the energy range of 10 - 26 keV per beam-current unit does not exceed 10-10 which can not explain the observed excess of heat emission from the
    Ti/TiO2:Dx target by «classical» channels of DD-reactions (1) and (2).

Unfortunately this aneutronic route (4) appears not to have been followed up since 2015.

At any rate impacting TiDx with 10-25keV D is not LENR

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1508.02743.pdf

• d+d → 4He + Q (24 MeV). (4)<= value of Predicted in lattice energy paper.

I think that this is the same mechanism of lattice energy?

The value is close.

[8]Public Release: Distribution is Unlimited, slide-10. Also available from

http://fusion4freedom.com/science/navylenr.pdf.

[9] M.C.H. McKubre, Review of experimental measurements involving dd reactions, Presented at the Short Course on LENR for ICCF—10, Slide-30, Also available from

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/McKubreMCHreviewofex.pdf

Predicted: d + d  4He + ~24MeV(lattice)

Measured: Q = 31 ± 13 MeV/atom

Note that correct cold fusion need to have lower temperature to transfer excess heat to the power generator, but poor experiment has very high temparatute to sustain cold fusion so the reaction is not soft as cold fusion.

In such case neutrons and high energy gamma-rays are observed. This has been the serious issue of the replication of experiment so I would like to ask all of the researchers to keep the heating temperature as low as possible for cold fusion.

If so, d+d → 4He + Q (24 MeV(Lattice). (4) this is the correct excess heat genaration formula meaning that energy of 4He motion is transferred to the surrounding lattice of the metal.

Hot fusion creates the excited state of 4He so it generates high energy gamma-ray and neutron, etc.

But Cold Fusion is softer fusion by creating small D2 in electron deep orbit which can shield the coulomb repulsive force completely.

• Interesting that Lawrence Forsley worked with a Russian group in 2015...

A. S. Roussetski - Soviet Academy of Sciences

https://www.researchgate.net/s…s/A-S-Roussetski-72619797

Use of CR-39 detectors to determine the branching ratio in Pd/D co-deposition

Authors:

Pamela Ann Boss at Navy's Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command Pamela Ann Boss

Lawrence Forsley at University of Texas at Austin Lawrence Forsley

A.S. Roussetski A.S. Roussetski

A.G. Lipson A.G. Lipson

Francis Tanzella at Tanzella Consulting Francis Tanzella

• Tanzella Consulting

E.I. Saunin E.I. Saunin

Michael Mckubre at SRI International Michael Mckubre

B. Earle B. Earle

D. Zhou D. Zhou

Detection of high energy particles using CR-39 detectors Part 2: Results of in-depth destructive etching analysis

DOI:10.1016/j.ijhydene.2016.09.224

Authors:

A.S. Roussetski A.S. Roussetski

A.G. Lipson A.G. Lipson

E.I. Saunin E.I. Saunin

Francis Tanzella at Tanzella Consulting Francis Tanzella

• Tanzella Consulting

Michael Mckubre at SRI International Michael Mckubre

• ?Arnon Chait? ?Cleveland Diagnostics?

Any thoughts... I've been wondering why they are part of CMNS energy tech research. Tetrahertz technologies perhaps.

Cleveland Diagnostics lands $19.4M for prostate cancer test

Posted Feb 10, 2021

By Mary Vanac | Cleveland Business Journal

Cleveland Diagnostics Inc. has raised $19.4 million to help commercialize its first diagnostic test, which helps detect early prostate cancer.

The clinical-stage biotechnology company developing diagnostic tests for the early detection of cancers has closed a Series D round of $17.4 million, the company said in a statement.

• >Lattice Confinement Nuclear Fusions Using Photon Showered Erbium

Lattice Confinement Nuclear Fusions Using Photon Showered Erbium: Another Kind of

Room Temperature Fusion Discovery in NASA’s Glenn Research Center

1. Introduction

Another kind of room temperature fusion is investigated

at NASA’s Glenn research center for seeking energy

sources applicable in the deep-space journeys and

eventually the building of the new colonies [1-3]. Fig. 1

shows the feature of Erbium where the lattice is the

hexagonal closed packed (HCP) structure [4]. The low

energy nuclear reactions (LENRs) are described in this

work where the Erbium is a major element to design the

LENRs reaction where the nuclear fusion could be

realized with the excess heat productions.

The deuterated material (ErD3) is

showered by the photons with 2.5 to 2.9 MeV where the

2.45 MeV neutrons is consistent with 2H(d,n)

3He fusion reactions [5].

I think that this(showered by the photons ) can trigger Cold Fusion just by increasing the temperature to cause hopping of D+ to D- at HCP T site.

Space of T site of HCP is as small as FCC, so it can create the mechanical stress at HCP T site.

• >A possible explanation of the heat-emission excess from the Ti/TiO2:Dx target irradiated >with D+ beam, as compared to the Ti target irradiated with H+ or Ne+ beam

>can be derived from the assumption that in contrast to a DD-reaction in gas, such reaction >in a solid-state target is possible in four channels:

I think that this kind of reaction is cold fusion to compress the bond of D-Ti, which created the small deuterium.

Experimental evidence to prove Electron deep orbit(n=0)

mechanism of compression of D-D bond to create the small D2.

Mechanism is the same for Ti/TiO2:Dx target irradiated with D+ beam.

• Stopped in a diner on the way home and overheard these two theologens talking,

Planet based religions often develop ego centric tendencies, till past heliopause at least Then they always improve.

Thank Creation Spirit for that!

Star based religions bring out better senses and greater goodwill.

Yea, I feel you.

Overhearing this sorta gave me hope.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.